S & J Painting & Remodeling

Founded 2001 • With Angi since January 2007

You’ll get both in S&J. As a family owned and operated business located in Howard County, MD we have been helping homeowners in all of Howard County MD, parts of Carroll County, Baltimore County and Northern Anne Arundel County Maryland and surrounding areas with their home improvement needs for over 20 years....

A Service Provider's profile image

+48 more images

home remodeling
Bathroom update with custom materials
Bathroom Remodel project

Bathroom Remodel project

home remodeling

interior painting (548)drywall (172)house painting (91)handyman (90)home remodeling (82)plumbers (40)tile installation (33)wallpaper removal (32)plastering (24)lighting (21)ceiling fan installation (7)electrician (35)

08/08/2022

Kevin C.

We contracted with S&J Painting & Remodeling and could not be happier. The painter was prompt, courteous, professional, and did a fantastic job. He was careful to lay out drop cloths and cleaned everything up at the end of the day. The entire job took 3 1/2 days and the results are amazing. We highly recommend S&J Painting & Remodeling!

Description of Work
Painted the ceilings and walls in the two-story foyer, stairwell, and upper hallway (and sanding/repair where needed), in addition to priming/painting the fireplace.

Work Completed On 08/06/2022

thank you! I hope we can work with you on your next project.

07/27/2022

Iris P.

Everything went well. The painter did a good job and cleaned up after the job was completed. This last room had wall paper, so he had to steam that off before he could prime the wall and paint. I have used them on 2 occasions and would use them again.

Description of Work
upstairs was repainted.

Category appliance repair

Work Completed On 07/02/2022

Thank you so much for your business!

07/16/2022

james S.

I had an egress window installed by another company. The drywall was not part of that company’s scope. The window needed to be finished with new drywall to give it a sill and a finished look. We scheduled the work and they came out and got it done quickly and efficiently.

Description of Work
egress window drywall finishing

Category drywall

Work Completed On 06/27/2022

Review for S & J Painting & Remodeling - unknown, Elkridge, MD - 39804662

thank you! Please give us a call if you need anything else. We appreciate your business.

06/22/2022

Robin K.

Thank you so much S&J. Ellis and Joel did an outstanding job and were true professionals in their craft. My bathroom looks like it could be in a magazine now, I love the way it turned out. I have had many contractors that have done work at my home, yours is the best.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

Category appliance repair, ceramic tile, home remodeling

Work Completed On 06/22/2022

thank you so much! Love that you are happy with the work done for you and we hope to work with you again with your next project.

06/21/2022

John C.

Elias and Joel did a fantastic job! They worked with us when items had to be reordered. The finished work is excellent. We will use them in the future!

Description of Work
Master bath remodeling

Category electrician, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/21/2022

thank you so much for allowing us to assist you with your project. Looking forward to working with you again!

05/13/2022

brian F.

Extremely well. Elias was willing to stage the work to meet our scheduling needs and the standard of work was exemplary. The finish was highly professional and the entire project finished in the time frame we needed. You can see that they make a living from repeat customers!

Description of Work
remodeling the kitchen, removing a wall, adding recessed lighting, modifying the old light switches, adding GFCI sockets and circuits, removing all carpets and laying LVP (Luxury Vinyl Planking) throughout the whole house and repainting all interior walls.

Category electrician, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, lighting, plastering, remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/13/2022

thanks so much for your business and taking time to leave a review. So glad the work looks great and we look forward to working with you in the future!

03/30/2022

Paul A.

My cedar siding had experienced significant woodpecker damage at the east end of my home, coupled with bird damage and dry rot of the NE corner vertical trim board. With primary materials (trim board, a small amount of spare cedar siding, wood filler, paint and stain provided by me, S & J provided two workers for a full day. The did an excellent job and the house looks whole and tight again. This was a welcome relief over a prior plan to completely re-side the house. Jerry and Stacey at S&J are great to deal with. Jerry is proactive, positive and the pricing is perfect for the task. Great job.

Description of Work
Replace exterior vertical corner trim boards with PVC; repair woodpecker damage on cedar siding.

Category handyman service, siding

Work Completed On 03/18/2022

thank you so much for the review and your business! Keep us in mind if you need anything else!

03/17/2022

Chris B.

What a pleasure it was working with this company. I am so glad their guys were willing and able to deal with the extensive "prep" that was needed before painting, including re-taping/spackling/sanding drywall seams, fixing nail pops, and sanding old patches that were never finished properly. The additional day needed because of the unforeseen extensive prep was money well spent. They took care during the job, putting plastic over everything to protect from sanding and painting, and then the final cleanup included sweeping, vacuuming, and even a wet rag floor wipe! I am very impressed. Their price was very competitive and I will definitely look to them for my future projects.

Description of Work
Whole house interior painting

Category appliance repair, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/16/2022

So glad your job looks good. We appreciate your business and look forward to working with you again.

02/12/2022

Robert M.

I was very pleased with my experience with S&J. The pair of installers tried hard to ask for and accommodate my wife's and my desires, were very competent, and sometimes went above and beyond. There was an obvious effort to do quality work with quality materials; they cared about doing the job well. When they ran into structural problems, they were able to remedy them for a reasonable charge, instead of "faking it" and causing future problems. The office manager/owners/estimator were responsive, helpful, and pleasant. Throughout the process, I feel that I was treated more than fairly. It was clear to me that customer satisfaction is a high priority at S&J. They do not have a storefront and do not sell merchandise; this enabled me to be able to avoid paying for overhead, and to shop for discounted prices (in fact, S&J allowed us to use some of their contractor prices). It also enabled me to have a very large choice of merchandise options. This may not be everyone's preference, but it was just what I wanted. For me, when dealing with a large project, the future memories of the experience will be linked to the work that was done, and I expect that my wife and I will be able to look back very positively on both the work and the experience.

Description of Work
Remodeled 1.5 bathrooms

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/08/2022

Thank you! So glad everything looks great and you are happy with your bathrooms. Give us a call if you need anything else.

11/16/2021

Chantelle S.

When the owner came by to give me a quote he was punctual and very realistic about the possibilities of what could be found inside my ceiling and what the associated costs would be. Oscar was very Punctual as well when he came to do the repairs. He was very professional and it was very obvious that he took pride in his work and wanted to do a thorough job. After he opened my ceiling, it was apparent that it could have probably caved in at any moment. Looking at my ceiling you can’t even tell there was an issue.

Description of Work
Ceiling Repair

Category drywall, plastering

Work Completed On 11/01/2021

Review for S & J Painting & Remodeling - unknown, Elkridge, MD - 39545044

So glad we were able to get this taken care of for you. Thanks for your business.

11/13/2021

Tim M.

S&J did a solid job from start to finish. The quote provided at the beginning was clear and the price was very competitive. They started the work on time and they started the work promptly each day. We are happy with the final product. This is the 3rd time we’re used S&J and will definitely use them again for home improvements.

Description of Work
Removed popcorn ceilings and painted 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Also, replaced bathroom vanity.

Category appliance repair, drywall, handyman service, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/11/2021

Thanks so much for your business and your review. So glad we can continue to help you with your home improvements. Please reach out when you are ready for your next project.

10/26/2021

Bonnie W.

We can’t thank S&J Painting and Remodeling enough for the beautiful job done on our three bathroom remodels! From start to finish, every single person we dealt with was extremely personal and professional at the same time. With his amazing workmanship and attention to detail, Elias is truly a tribute to his profession and a pleasure to work with. We have hired many contractors over the years, but S&J was the best experience by far, going well beyond our highest expectations. We would never consider anyone else for future jobs. I would give them TEN stars in a five-star rating!

Description of Work
Three bathroom remodels, major drywall repair and painting

Category ceramic tile, drywall, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/30/2021

Thank you so much for your business and review! So glad everything looks great.

09/28/2021

Anne B.

This is the second time I've hired S&J, and both projects went very smoothly. This time they repaired a wall that had been ripped out for a fireplace reinstall, and you can't tell any work has been done at all. Really stellar work all around, and good communication from the front office. They can do textured ceiling patch work as well, which is really hard to find.

Description of Work
Drywall and paint

Work Completed On 09/28/2021

So glad things look great! Thanks for your business!

09/27/2021

Kyle D.

The work was done well and estimate was accurate. Since this was exterior painting, the weather shifted the schedule a bit. I greatly appreciate the effective communication that was given as well as them not painting on a day that could be rainy. Great work!

Description of Work
Painting exterior brickwork

Category house painters

Work Completed On 09/27/2021

Thank you for working with us! Give us a call if you need anything else.

09/01/2021

Sharon M.

I always appreciate the work that S&J does for me, your employees are always nice, respectful, clean up after themselves, etc. The wallpaper that Marvin removed had been on these walls at least 30 years, the room looks so much better, cleaner now!!

Description of Work
Wallpaper removal and painting

Category appliance repair, handyman service, wallpaper removal, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/30/2021

Thank you so much for your continued business! So appreciated.

08/14/2021

Kristin L.

The S&J team was great - they came in with a competitive bid, worked efficiently, and were friendly and easy to communicate with. We would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Interior painting

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 08/13/2021

Thank you for working with us. Give us a call if you need anything else.

05/02/2021

Stephen M.

Two men for the three and half days - they painted the kitchen, laundry room, living room, office and one bedroom. Excellent prep work and two coats of paint. They cleaned up at the end of each day and before leaving, moved all the furniture back. A thoroughly professional job, and we will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Interior Painting

Category appliance repair, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/28/2021

Thank you for your business and we are so happy everything looks great. We look forward to working with you again.

04/14/2021

Jennifer P.

I can't say enough about S&J from start to finish! The owner Jerry came out and did the original estimate and was very pleasant and informative. I then had some questions a few weeks later and wanted to change a few things, so his partner Steve came back out and talked things over with me and he was also super helpful and pleasant to work with! They are both honest stand up guys! Stacey who handles the scheduling kept me informed through the whole process, and she was also great to work with! I never once felt like I was left in the dark on any aspect with this project. Alias did the actual work and he was AWESOME! Super nice and easy to work with! He was so patient and explained everything to me with each step along the way. He took his time and you could tell he takes pride in his work and wants to make sure the customer is happy with the job! I really can't thank Alias enough for all his effort on my project! I am so happy with how everything turned out! Thank you Alias and S&J !!!!

Description of Work
Bathroom Renovation

Category appliance repair, home remodeling

Work Completed On 03/20/2021

Review for S & J Painting & Remodeling - unknown, Elkridge, MD - 39293474

Thank you so much for your business and we are thrilled your bathroom looks great. That shower is gorgeous! If you need anything else please give us a call.

01/29/2021

Sharon C.

Excellent job from start to finish. Recently had my basement finished and plumbing installed for a bathroom by another company. While I was happy with the job done by the other company for the basement, the price to do the bathroom was entirely too much. After interviewing several companies I found S and J to be thorough in their estimate of the work that needed to be done, time, and pricing. Steve did a wonderful job with the estimate of the work that needed to be done and was accessible when I had questions. Elias and another worker did the install. Elias made sure that I was happy with the placement of a few items and offered ideas to help me along the way. They showed up on time and cleaned up after each visit. They also practiced Covid-19 saftey. I am extremely happy with the job done. The bathroom completes my home gym. I really enjoy my shower after a hard workout.

Description of Work
Framed Bathroom install

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 12/16/2020

Review for S & J Painting & Remodeling - unknown, Elkridge, MD - 39162930

Thank you so much for your business and the glowing review. The photos are great - and I love the herringbone pattern of the tile. So glad you are happy. If you need anything else please reach out.

01/25/2021

Leslie A.

Full house repainting, some water damage.

Description of Work
Excellent professional service and great results. Prompt team, very accommodating and knowledgeable. S and J were lovely to deal with and costs were reasonable. Going to have them paint the shutters and front door in the spring.

Category drywall, water damage restoration, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

Thank you so much for your business and taking time to leave a review. We will see you in the spring but if you need anything else let me know.

01/21/2021

Katy H.

Fantastic experience. I would highly recommend them. The owners were professional and courteous. The crew they assigned was on-time and was also very professional. They did a phenomenal job and I would not hesitate to hire them again.

Description of Work
Drywall repair and painting

Work Completed On 01/21/2021

Thank you so much for your business. So glad everything is great and hope to work with you again.

12/22/2020

Emily M.

Very well. After some scheduling issues both on our side and theirs, once it got finalized everything went perfectly. The father/ son team did a great job and everything looks wonderful.

Description of Work
Drywall repair and painting after repiping and a ceiling fan replaced

Category drywall, ceiling fans, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/18/2020

So glad your job looks great! Thanks for your business and I hope we can assist you again in the future.