Dj Floors LLC

Founded 2000 • With Angi since March 2011

7020 Troy Hill Dr Ste N-P

Elkridge, MD 21075

DJ Floors & Remodeling is your premier source for all of your carpet, hardwood flooring, painting and ceramic tiles needs. We specialize in every aspect of Carpet, Hardwood Flooring and Ceramic Tiles including Carpet Installation, Hardwood Flooring installation, repair, refinishing,Ceramic Tile Installation and Painting. Whether you have just moved into a brand new home or are looking to start a remodeling project, DJ Hardwood Floors is here to help you every step of the way. We are Licensed and Insured for both Residential and Commercial. Our professional installers will help you select the hardwood flooring and ceramic Tile that is perfect for you. Our goal is to help you achieve the elegance and beauty in your home that you have always dreamed of....

10/28/2020

LONIA A.

It was really great! They helped me choose the right product, and did exactly what I asked them to do.

Description of Work
They installed our living room floor.

Category flooring contractor

10/20/2019

Indranjan R.

DJ Floors is my favorite company for flooring and tiles and have done lot of work in my house earlier. I wanted to get an old fiberglass shower pan removed and replaced with a concrete pan with tiles along with a new shower door. As always, DJ Floors did an excellent job with it and built the concrete pan on-site along with installing the waterproofing membrane, cement board, new drain etc. Finally they installed tiles on the shower pan, base wall and curb. I provided some of the materials likes tiles, door etc. As always my experience with DJ Floors was excellent due to their professionalism, quality of work and very competitive pricing. I will highly recommend them and use them again in the future. I have recommended them to my friends in the past and will continue to do so.

Description of Work
Build new shower pan with tiles after removing old fiberglass pan

10/17/2018

David D.

The guys who delivered the materials a week ahead of the start of work were nice and professional. And, the two guys who spent four days removing carpet and installing the new hardwood floors did a great job! We could not be more satisfied with the results!!!

Description of Work
Had carpets on upper floor replaced with hardwood

09/18/2018

Eldon S.

We had a glitch or two but they took care of us. Lilly in the showroom to Magnus and all the installers were very very good at their jobs as well as kind and professional! I HIGHLY recommend them.

Description of Work
Carpeted 4-rooms. Hardwood and laminate Floors on 2

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

08/21/2017

Bruce J.

They arrived exactly on time and finished ahead of schedule. From what we can see, everyone was done exactly right.

Description of Work
Installing a hardwood floor in a bedroom.

08/17/2017

Julie P.

I don't write reviews often but my experience with DJ flooring was exceptional! The gentlemen they had working in the house refinishing my oak floors were very professional and pleasant. They really knew what they were doing. My floors were sanded throughout my house and hand stained and protective coat was also hand done! The price was reasonable and the work far exceeded my expectations! I would highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
Whole house had oak hardwood floors sanded, stained and protective coats added.

05/12/2017

Anna G.

It is not very often that I am compelled to write a review but I felt that it was an absolute must this time. So far I have contracted DJ Floors 2 times and both times I was very impressed with every aspect of the work that this company performed. They were very quick to respond to my questions. The prices are more than reasonable and the actual work is excellent. First time I have contracted them a little over a month ago to replace carpeting on the steps leading to the second floor and the corridor on the second floor. They did a great job installing hardwood instead of carpeting and cleaned up the area rally well after they were done. Second time was a couple of days ago to replace an existing hardwood flooring in a very large family room and a couple of steps. The crew arrived at 8AM and left around 12PM! Everything was done! The floor looks spectacular! Again they cleaned up after everything was done extremely well. This company does fantastic job weather it is customer service related or the installation itself! Very pleased with DJ Floors! My daughter is having her floors replaces very soon and I am definitely engaging DJ Floors to do the job. Fantastic job!

Description of Work
Hardwood floor and steps installation.

05/03/2017

Linda H.

Went great, the team was professional and efficient.

Description of Work
Purchase and installation of hardwood flooring

04/30/2017

Ian F.

Very well. They were response, quick, high quality, and completed everything professionally.

Description of Work
Refinish floor, replace carpet, add new hardwood to kitchen.

Category hardwood floor, home remodeling

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for choosing DJ Floors. I are glad to hear that you are satisfied with our work! Our goal is to make our clients happy!!! Sincerely, DJ Floors' team!

04/12/2017

Eric G.

Excellent- would definitely hire again

Description of Work
New hardwood floors

04/07/2017

Marcos P.

DJ Floors provided a great service experience. The prices were competitive, they came on time every day and worked until the project was completed. We had hardwood unfinished installed in one area of our house, and then sanded and refinished to match existing floors. It looks amazing! I am very pleased. I will definitely recommend them to my neighbors and I am planning to do more work in the future.

Description of Work
Hardwood Installation and Refinishing

04/04/2017

Ameenah J.

They are great. I would use them again. It took about a week and a half. Floors took a week, the carpets a half a week. They came out, gave us a great. estimate. They followed thru, did the work. The floors looked amazing.

Description of Work
They did sanding and refinishing floors in a 1300 sq ft house. They installed carpet.

03/27/2017

Matt K.

In one word, "terrible experience". They were one of three companies we had asked for an estimate. We decided to go with the most experienced and reputable company out of three, but they were booked up and put us in for mid February. That's when DJ Floors kept on calling and said they can do it right away! We were cautiously intrigued and asked if they could match the same underlayment and materials recommended by the other company (our first choice). They agreed and we cancelled our appointment with the first company. Before giving them a deposit however, we noticed that they were using a thinner and cheaper type of Ditra. When confronted, they refused to use Ditra XL -- recommended by both the manufacturer and the first company for homes with wider distance floor joists like ours. After explaining that fact to their manager/owner, he told us that he doesn't care what the manufacturer says, and that he's been doing this for years! Desperate to get the job done, we accepted and were told someone would call to collect the deposit and schedule the appointment which at the time was supposed to be a couple days away. Well, that call was never made. We called them back several times but nobody responded. Finally, late in the day, she called back and said that that they were booked for the next two months! This is the same company who used to say they had openings for the next two weeks..lol. In short, these guys don't know what they are doing. Luckily, Mike, the owner of the first company was very kind and took care of the bathroom and large foyer the following week. Do yourselves a favor and don't put your money and home in the hands of people like these. Hire trustworthy, and more importantly "knowledgeable" people the first time, or else you'd pay twice.

Description of Work
Bathroom and foyer tile installation

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, home remodeling

01/09/2017

Kristen P.

I would recommend this company 100% a million times over. Every person I spoke or met with was professional and over the top helpful. Their turn time was only about 4 weeks even during the holidays. During the install we ran into a few challenges with walls not measuring the same width, etc. through the hallway and up the stairs but the installer did such a fantastic job you would never know my home has imperfections. I had some excess carpet from the install and asked that an area rug for the foyer be made. It was made and delivered to my home within 48 hours. It would have been 24 but I asked for a different color trim which needed to be ordered. When the time comes for carpets in other rooms to be installed or my harrdwood floors to be refinished, I will be contacting this company.

Description of Work
Carpet runner on stairs and through hallway. Area rug for foyer.

Category flooring contractor

12/07/2016

Mira F.

Great work by DJ floors. The work took longer than quoted, but they offered to work on non-work days to help finish the job as quickly as possible. Only complaints was the lack of warning about access to the house in advance of the scheduled work; better understanding the schedule of the work and when we could/could not access the house would have been helpful. Additionally, staining the floor a different color, it would've been helpful if DJ floors had suggested/quoted to match the stair rails in the entryway as well. A subsequent request for a quote to stain the rails to match was for $1600! Unfortunately not in the budget right now. However, the floors look and feel amazing!

Description of Work
Refinishing of hardwood floors: office, entryway, kitchen, breakfast room, dining room.

Category hardwood floor, floor cleaning

11/23/2016

JOHNNIE B.

They are not perfect. The people who delivered the furniture did damage and I have not paid for them. I would probably not use them again.

Description of Work
I used them about six months ago. They did hardwood floor repair.

10/05/2016

Natasha F.

They gave me an estimate for one of the services and said the other estimate "was coming". I never received the second estimate despite multiple requests. When I tried to call and schedule for the estimate that I had been given, I could not get anyone to call me back to schedule it. The estimate was for several thousand dollars, so I am unsure as to why they did not want the work. It would have been much more professional to simply let me know that they did not have the time or would not be able to provide the type of service I needed, but they simply did not call me back.

Description of Work
I needed my hardwood staircase stained and my cabinets stained.

Category hardwood floor, woodworking

08/11/2016

Ameenah J.

The best part was that they did what they said they were going to do. We had the guy come in and give us an estimate. They did exactly what they said they were going to do. They damaged a wall when they were installing the carpet. But then they took $50 off for the damages. They were a good company. I don't really have any complaints. I talked to a couple of places. They were very knowledgeable, in comparison to some of the other companies that I called and they were very fair with the price. The quality was very good, we were very happy with the outcome. They were pretty responsive, I don't remember having any problems reaching them.

Description of Work
They refinished the hardwood floors and stained them, in the house. They also did a carpet installation for me as well.

Category carpet installation, hardwood floor

07/01/2016

Emily R.

We communicated with Magnus at DJ Floors to get an estimate for installation of new hardwood floors in our condo. Magnus was very responsive and professional, and quickly prepared quotes for us for three different flooring options. He also visited our condo to survey the space and provide updated estimates, as well as to share a selection of high-quality flooring product options. He was exactly on time for this appointment and was very polite. While we ultimately elected to contract with another company, we were impressed by Magnus's professionalism and promptness.

Description of Work
Provided estimates for new hardwood flooring installation.

06/28/2016

Kathleen F.

They did a really good job. I was really happy with it.

Description of Work
They refinished and stained a floor.

06/20/2016

Everett L.

DJ has wowed me in the past with tile, but they fell short of expectations with their wood working and administration. 1) DJ's bidding process is highly professional. Someone stops by to gather information and compile an estimate. An itemized invoice is sent to you. However, I altered the nature of the work in a phone call following the bid. No revisions were sent, but the addition was minor, so this raised no alarms. My mistake. Workers arrived completely unaware of the change. For this, I take partial responsibility. The experience taught me that DJ's bids are their sole tool for tracking project expectations. I should have insisted on everything in writing, for my own sake. Workers also arrived without materials. I'm receptive to some details needing to be handled in person...but measurements and materials had already been covered during the during the estimate. Ultimately, matters were clarified via email. But again: why not send the email in advance, and not lose 3 hours of the job to driving to a store or warehouse? Someone dropped the ball administratively. 2) The lead woodworker cut corners and was deceptive about it. I've worked with him once before; he was the sole weak link the last time I hired DJ. That first time, I chalked it up to a language barrier and assumed the best. This second time around, his English suspiciously became broken only when asked to revisit a task. Late in the day, upon discovering that he lacked the materials finish the job, he tried to hammer back in the stuff he was hired to replace. When I raised enough of a stink for him to agree to return the next day, he didn't. Calling DJ, somehow they had gotten the impression that the job was complete? He returned 2 days later with a project manager (I applaud that move), which gave me time to scrutinize and point out broken and cracked pieces that were installed in more than one location, as well as an entire area that was missed because furniture wasn't moved. All were replaced. The material missing from the previous day? He came prepared...with the wrong size. So he installed it crooked, to cover up the gap. When I called him on it, he ensured me it was straight...until I took out a tape measure. Then his story changed to the fact that the gap was too big to fill. Which is it? His team handled most of the painting and finish work. They came without drop cloths. Ultimately one of them asked me (in an indirect way) if it was alright for him to paint less, rather than properly prep the space. In the end, they completely missed one of my closets, and still left gaps that I would rather have reworked. At a certain point you cut your losses. This review seems needlessly nit picky. Yet I chose to omit things (like a damaged piece of furniture), because I am reasonably sensitive to the mishaps of demolition and installation. In the end, however, there's something to be said for taking pride in one's craft. It is my responsibility to vocalize dissatisfaction...but the job has already gone downhill if the work is so sub-par that I'm forced to scrutinize every square inch with a fine-tooth comb.

Description of Work
Hired them to replace base board and shoe molding. Additionally, I requested that they make a floor transition as flat/flush as possible.

Category hardwood floor, woodworking

05/12/2016

Maria M.

We had an excellent experience with DJ Floors in remodeling our laundry room. We had them previously to refinish our wood floors and will have them back for additional projects after this experience. The crew was timely, courteous, and attentive to our preferences in the project. The job was done on time and on budget. Our project requirements had some unique challenges with the ceiling and the crew worked with us to find a solution. Our input was taken before any material decisions were made by the crew. From estimate to clean up the experience was 'A' quality service. Thanks to the DJ Floors team.

Description of Work
Remodeled laundry room - floors, ceiling, lighting, etc.

Category ceramic tile, lighting, woodworking

04/01/2016

Sandra A.

DJ Floors staff did a great job from estimate to completion. The installation guys were knowledgeable, efficient, and polite. The job site was left clean and ready to use. It took an extra day for the company to remove the trash from where they had placed it outside, but that was only a slight inconvenience. I would recommend them to anyone I know. Great job!

Description of Work
Removed floor tile in two bathrooms and replaced with new tile; repaired broken tiles, grouted, and recaulked all

02/17/2016

John F.

This company and its employees are very professional, courteous and trustworthy. I highly recommend them to my friends and family. They did an outstanding job on removing the carpet, sanding and refinishing the floors in my hallway, stairs and bedroom. They even moved the furniture out of the rooms to do the work and put it back in place after the job was completed. They did a beautiful job on the floor.

Description of Work
Removed carpet, sanded and refinished hardwood floors

02/15/2016

Frederick V.

They arrived and got to work immediately. They did all of the sawing on our outside patio.(4th floor condo). They cleaned everything very well after floors were installed. Manager came our after installation to inspect and check with us about the installation process. He had men return to address a few small concerns. The company made sure we were satisfied with our new floors. We love our floors and our neighbors have told us the hardwood floors are quieter than our previously carpeted floors.

Description of Work
installed wood floors in our living room, dining room, office and hall. They needed to remove carpeting and move furniture. They added felt pads on furniture where needed.

Certified Home Remodelers Inc

Certified Home Remodelers, Inc. serves clients throughout the state of Maryland, including the surrounding regions of Baltimore, Frederick, and Carroll Counties as a home remodeling company. We have been family owned and operated since our inception in 1997 and have over 30 years of experience. We offer financing through reputable lending institutions to help all of our clients achieve the home of their dreams. We also accept most major credit cards through PayPal. We understand and appreciate that trust must always be earned, which is why we work closely with all of our clients to earn that trust. Our Motto: “Give Us 10% Of Your Trust And We’ll Earn The Other 90”. If you are looking to have any areas of your home remodeled or are in need of new construction we urge you to visit our many service pages to see both interior and exterior services we provide. If you are in need of a professional remodeling company we urge you to contact us. From multi-level additions to replacement window installations, we offer a wide range of services to suit any client. Our professionally skilled staff looks forward to hearing from you in getting started on your next home improvement project.

RestoreUnow

WATER, FIRE & MOLD Damage Restoration & Clean-up Services! When disaster strikes your home or business, you need an experienced professional company to restore your property back to pre-loss condition. We offer immediate disaster response and can work with your insurance company. Having a disaster happen can be a traumatic time in your life and we understand every aspect of this. Our goal is to not only restore your home or business properly but to also ease your mind. From the initial phone call until after we've completed the work, we promise you'll be completely satisfied. We urge you to take a few moments to read our reviews, learn about our services, and contact us with any questions you may have.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, PayPal, Financing

Hardwood floor sales, installation, refinishing, ceramic tile & bathroom remodeling.