We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
We accept remote payment

Aerotech Gutter Service of Metro Inc

Founded 1990 • With Angi since March 2005

7045 Kit Kat Rd

Elkridge, MD 21075

If you are looking to have your gutter system cleaned, repaired or replaced, you've come to the right place! We have listened to our customers over the past 30 years and we now offer vinyl siding, window and door installation/replacement! At Aerotech we take pride in providing you with the ultimate

07/02/2020

Emily F.

They promptly came out and emailed an estimate for regular quarterly gutter cleaning. I thought the price was reasonable and you were able to accept the contract easily online. The team came out about a week later and did the first gutter service and we are happy with the service and will continue to have them come clean regularly. The invoice was promptly sent and could be paid online. The only criticism is that I didn't get any kind of confirmation upon accepting the quote about the process or scheduling (they just put you on the schedule and come at some point but I didn't know if I had to schedule a visit or what the process was).

Description of Work
Gutter Cleaning

Category gutter cleaning, doors

05/07/2020

James B.

They have done very good work and are competitive in their price. They have been reliable and show up when they are supposed to. I would recommend them as well.

Description of Work
They come out and clean my gutters 4 times a year. I have had a contract with them for at least 5 years now.

01/07/2019

tom M.

Salesman told me that gutters would be cleaned by hand when they are wet. I signed a yearly contract and had them come out several times. Each time the leaves were wet and the men blew them all over my porch, deck, chairs, and anything that was outside like shoes and clothes drying. I specifically requested that leaves be done by hand because of the bacteria and mold in the wet leaves. After each time I called to complain, and once they even sent out a representative to talk to me, but somehow the message never gets back to the people performing the work, even when they tell me they will put a note on the account. Worst response of any company I've ever dealt with.

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning

09/27/2018

William M.

The estimator, Rick, did a great job in figuring out what needed to be done to fix my gutters. Aerotech has an unusual approach to doing business. Although they notified me one day in advance of their coming to do the job, they would not and do not provide a time window. Therefore, a customer must be available the entire day if they want to be present during the work. The customer service staff at the company insists that there is no reason to be present and that the workers can do the job without the homeowner being there. This turned out not to be the case. Two workers arrived at 12pm on the day specified. They did a very good job fixing an existing gutter and installing a new one. However, as they began installing gutter guards, I noticed that they were not copper which I paid for as part of the contract. I showed the installer the contract, and he agreed. Someone in the office failed to include the proper parts. Therefore, the installer said he would inform his supervisor who would come back at an unspecified time to rectify their error. The next day, I called customer service (Heather) who informed me that their records indicated showed the job was completed. I explained what happened and she said she would contact the supervisor to fix the problem. I made several (at least 4) more calls to the office to get someone out to finish the job. They installer had also left off the bottom piece of the downspout that directs water away from the house. One FULL week later, a supervisor (Steve) showed up without notifying me in advance that he was coming. The customer service office stated that I would be informed so I could be there. He installed the gutter guards that were missing, and the foot of the downspout. However, he did not use copper on this part, even though I had paid for it in the contract. He replaced it at my request with copper. Again, had I not been there, then the wrong part would have been installed once again! There is a major communication breakdown present in the company. No matter how many times I called the customer service office and spoke with either Heather or the other woman, nothing happened for a full week in terms of either calling me back or actually showing up. My experience proved that, in fact, the customer must be present during the work to ensure that is was done properly. Had I not been there, I would not have known that the wrong gutter guards were installed since they are not visible from the street (or later, that the wrong gutter bottom piece was not copper). The good: the quality of the repair of the old and installation of the new gutter and downspout; reasonable price. The bad: no window of time provided for job to commence; failure to complete the job with the proper materials; failure to properly report on the incompleted work; failure to follow up without my intervention; failure to ensure quality control without my intervention; failure to adhere to contract materials requirements; failure to communicate with me unless I continued to call them.

Description of Work
rehang one gutter, remove another gutter and downspout and replace with copper including gutter covers

04/04/2018

Alan K.

Found the person answering the phone difficult to work with. Could not get them to give me a date for an estimate.

Description of Work
Replacement of gutters and downspouts.

Category gutter repair

I sent the following email to this member on April 5, 2018 - Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to review us on Angies List. I read the review and pulled up your account in our system. I see your last communication in the system was August 8, 2017 when you requested a free estimate. I show that we provided that estimate to you...however...we did not earn your business at the time. Based on the review you left, it mentions that you could not get us to give you a date for the estimate and I wanted to ask for any clarification you can offer. As per the request I show that you were unable to meet with our representative and we had opened a drive by for you which means that we will come by and prepare the estimate and then send it to you as we were unable to meet with you. Have you called us recently as you put a date work completed as April 4, 2018 and I do not show a call from 301-767-5605 in our call detail? Looking forward to hearing back from you so that I can see where we failed to meet your request. Thank you for your time. Jason Watkins President

10/12/2017

Carolyn C.

It was fine. Quality was good.

Description of Work
They replaced our gutters.

10/04/2017

LUCY V.

2 experienced guys came out who speak English and did a great job. They were able to answer all our questions. We were extremely pleased and our curb appeal looks so much better. They also clean our gutters 4 times a year.

Description of Work
Replace my 28 year old gutters with wider and sturdier gutters and clean my gutters 4 times a year at a great price.

09/21/2017

Michael R.

Work completed on time and at stated cost, no surprises

Description of Work
Replace gutters

08/09/2017

Lori A.

They're very good. They even patched a few places in my roof while they were up there- they really went out of their way for me. They also include 4 gutter cleanings with the new instillation.

Description of Work
They replaced my gutters and the wood behind them.

07/18/2017

andy F.

Aerotec fixed the problem by inserting new brackets at no cost, even though the problem was caused by a careless tree trimmer and I was probably beyond the warranty period. Very professional.

Description of Work
Repair to gutter damaged by my tree trimmer

12/16/2016

Kristin F.

It went great. They were in and out and did a great job.

Description of Work
They cleaned my gutters.

08/02/2016

Dan G.

I wouldn't do business with this company if they paid me.

Description of Work
Nothing. I contacted this company just to get a downspout cleared and they flat out won't do it. They require a maintenance plan.

09/28/2015

SHARON P.

Prompt and professional - excellent service. Highly recommend

Description of Work
Replace Gutters

09/01/2015

Judith F.

I had the gutter put on by a roofing company about one year ago and I had a water fall in the middle of the gutter when it rained. The gutter was too small for the house. Thanks to Aerotech my new gutter is working fine even in heavy rain.

Description of Work
Installed gutter and drain pipe on front of house

07/20/2015

Bill D.

Rick McCleery came out to troubleshoot an issue with a clogged downspout and issue with drainage. A really nice guy that went above and beyond. Thanks Rick and thanks Aerotech!

Description of Work
Consult on existing agreement.

07/12/2015

MYRNA B.

I have had services with this company at two different house locations. For approximately two years, ending in 2004, I used them for a townhouse with two simple straight-run gutters with four downspouts. I contracted with them to clean those gutters four times per year. Their service was just fine on that house and I was totally satisfied. When I moved from that house in 2004, I cancelled the service. In 2012, I moved into a large house with an extensive roof area with multiple gables, broken-up runs of gutter, and a total of 19 downspouts. Because of my previous experience with Aerotech, I contacted them again and arranged for their estimator, Rick, to come to my house to view the job and price it. He came promptly and I noted to him that there were two conditions which must be observed with every cleaning: a) no one should walk on the roof shingles, and b) at each cleaning, the technician should use a ladder to check each of the 19 downspouts and make sure that the downspout strainers were seated properly in place in each one. I knew that the blower and vacuum equipment that the technician would use from the ground would often dislodge the downspout strainers, and the technician would have to visually check each downspout to assure that the strainers were properly seated in each one. Rick, the estimator, agreed to these conditions and priced my job accordingly. I thought that the price quoted was reasonable for the type of job I wanted done at my house. When the Aerotech technician came to do the actual initial cleaning, I could tell that the specific requirements of my job had not been met, in that I could see downspout strainers lying in the gutters in several locations. I contacted the company office and it took several return visits by technicians before the job was properly completed. Finally, the job I was paying for was accomplished, and according to the job as priced by Rick. I hoped that things would now proceed smoothly twice per year, and they did for a while. My last cleaning was on 06/24/2015 and it did not go well. I was at home when the technicians arrived to do the cleaning. I met them outside and spoke with one of them to check that he was aware of the specifics for my job. He quoted back to me that he was not to walk on the roof, and I reiterated to him about needing to check each downspout with a ladder to assure that the strainers were not dislodged. He reviewed his work order and advised that he also saw that information noted on it. Approximately 20 minutes later the Aerotech technicians had left my house. Since when my husband moves and places a ladder 19 times to check each downspout, it requires at least 45 minutes, it seemed odd to me that the Aerotech technicians could be finished so quickly, even if they do perform this type of work every day. I'm able to view several of my downspouts from my second story windows, so I visually checked all of them that way that I could, and also walked around my house to see if I could view the tops of the downspout strainers from the ground. I saw one srainer lying in the gutter, so I knew that that one, if not more, were dislodged and that the Aerotech technicians had not climbed a ladder at each downspout and visually checked that each strainer was properly seated Since I was paying for that extra service, I expected it to be completed. I called the local Aerotech office in Elkridge, MD and complained within 10 minutes of the technicians leaving my house. Several telephone calls later and after more than a week, a supervisor was sent to my house to correct the issue. My husband showed him where the one dislodged downspout strainer that we could view from our second story was located. Less than 10 minutes later the supervisor had left my house. That strainer was back in place, but no other downspouts had been checked, as he wasn't there long enough to do so. In each of my telephone encounters with the local office staff, I was met with an acknowledgment of the special instructions on my account, but also a very defensive attitude about their being a "family business" and how quickly they could properly perform each gutter cleaning with their from-the-ground blower and vacuum equipment. Quick they may be, but there is no way that ANYONE could properly perform the gutter cleaning on my house in 20 minutes, all while using the blower/vacuum equipment, moving a ladder to 19 different spots, and ascending and descending it.. There is also no way that a supervisor could check all 19 downspouts on a ladder, moving it from spot to spot and going up and down it, in less than 10 minutes. I have cancelled my service with Aerotech. I just don't need the hassle of dealing with them to beg them to do the job that I was quoted and am paying for. They may be fine for a house with simple gutters where they can give the job minimal attention, but for a complicated or extensive gutter cleaning job, look elsewhere. Since writing this review, on 07/16/2015 I was contacted by Aerotech Gutter Service of Metro DC and advised I would not be charged for the service they performed at my house on 06/24/2015. Although my review stands as written, I do appreciate that this company has apologized for failing to perform their service up to the agreed upon standard, and that they have refunded the money I paid for that service. I am, therefore updating my rating of this company's Professionalism from D to C and adding in these later facts.

Description of Work
This company cleaned the gutters on my house.

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair, roofing, replacement windows

06/26/2015

Sarah G.

There are three parts of the Aerotech team I'd like to address in the reviews: the estimate, the work, and the main office (customer service team). I am giving Aerotech a B overall but I'd rate the estimate as an "A" the work as an "D" and the office as an "A." The estimate was conducted in a professional manner, on time, and no gimmicks. During the estimate I pointed out the south side of the house was exposed to more sun and the shingles had degraded more than the rest and I did not think it was safe to walk on the roof. This was noted on the estimate along with the need to remove and dispose of some "self help" gutter covers I bought at Home Depot located only on the south side. The day the service was performed my wife returned from taking our girls to the bus to see a man walking on the south side of the roof. When she pointed out the safety concern he made it clear he thought it was safe and would walk on the roof. Also he did not removed the gutter guards on the south side (let me be clear - it was a request of Aerotech to take off the guards because it would reduce the time it would take to complete each cleaning - I bought the four cleanings a year package). I was not home at the time of service. I did talk to the office and they was very apologetic. Each of the concerns I addressed (not walking on the south side and the gutter guards) were notes in the computer but had not been addressed by the person in the field. Aerotech sent a supervisor to the house and removed the guards. I am looking forward to the next cleaning being a better experience.

Description of Work
Cleaned Gutters

06/24/2015

Merri Beth C.

Reasonably priced and highly professional installation. Both the estimator Craig and his installation team were very polite courteous and professional. They even balanced the gutters and reinstalled strap downs to secure downspouts. I will always provide my strongest recommendation for anyone else seeking similar services! AC Wheaton, MD

Description of Work
Installed gutter guards on all first and second floor gutters

05/16/2015

Adrian A.

5/21/15 Update: Found more nails and gutter screens on my deck in the shrubs. These folks could have just used a magnet on a stick to see if they left debris! The screens thrown off the roof could have been found too! 5/22/15 Update: Had a call from customer service today, and received a sincere apology for the "incomplete" service . A service manager is supposed to visit our place next week and reinspect for the debris. While we have removed what we saw, I will appreciate a look from a responsible company agent. Am upgrading the professionalism part of my grade.

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning; first of 4. Removed gutter screens.

05/12/2015

SHERYL Z.

I have been using Aerotech for a few years and i really like their company.I get our gutters cleaned four times a year.They do a good job and leave a flag when they are done to let you know they came to your house.Good deal and good company.

Description of Work
Cleans my gutter out four times a year

02/02/2015

Richard M.

The process was painless. From the estimate appointment to the final installation. Aero tech did a fantastic job. They had the highest estimate by over two hundred dollars. But they gave me the best warrenty(lifetime),they matched the color to my house paint. The crew that did the installation came on time,and the did the entire job with almost no conversation between them, they knew what they were doing. I reccomend this company highly. Do your research and I think you will agree.

Description of Work
Gutter replacement with fascia boards.

01/21/2015

Sheila G.

They were okay. They cleaned up very well after themselves.

Description of Work
Aerotech Gutter Service of Metro Inc replaced my gutters.

12/23/2014

Michael S.

Do good work and are very responsive. (We often have to schedule an additional cleaning due to many trees.

Description of Work
They clean our gutters 4X/year and on request. Have used them for several years. Also used them to replace my gutters last spring. Did a good job at a good price.

12/10/2014

William G.

I am very happy. They show up and know exactly what they need to do. They come in and get it done. They do a terrific job.

Description of Work
Completed a total of 4 gutter cleanings, with another scheduled in January.

11/25/2014

Alice K.

Aerotech sent a rep to the house to look first. I told him that rainwater had been running over the gutters and down the edge of the eaves, instead of channeling through the gutters, and I thought they might have clogged. He told me what to expect and explained their yearly contract, 4 cleanings at approximately 3 month intervals, for $300 annually. I had the first cleaning on November 12. The work was done while I was not home and they left a flag on my lawn to let me know they had been here. They cleaned up after themselves too. No rain problems since.

Description of Work
Cleaned and inspected gutters, cleared roof of leaves.

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair, leaf removal, roofing