Blades of Green

Founded 1989 • With Angi since September 2005

645 Central Ave E

Edgewater, MD 21037

Help your lawn look its best with the help of the top rated lawn care company in Maryland and Northern Virginia! The team at Blades of Green is dedicated to delivering the best service along with great results. We provide a full line of custom lawn fertilization and treatment programs and pest control services to fit your homes' needs. In business since 1989, Blades of Green is a locally owned, family operated company that focuses on the highest level of service through our licensed professional staff. Our goal is to provide our customers with a wonderful home environment by using the safest products and methods available in the industry. We have the solution to all your needs in pest control and lawn care in Maryland. Whether you need a lawn fertilization, termite inspection, weed control, or perimeter pest control we have a lawn care program or pest control program for you. Blades of Green is dedicated to provide our customers with friendly, prompt, and effective service while keeping the environment on our minds. We stand behind all of our work and guarantee you satisfaction on each and every service. DBA B.O.G. Pest Control....

pest control (156)lawn treatment (111)irrigation system (3)lawn care (52)lawn & landscaping (11)tree service (4)

06/01/2022

ALEXIA S.

Used Blades of Green and constantly had to ask them to treat my "entire" yard - they would only treat half of the backyard when they thought I was not home or watching. My yard looked terrible despite paying top dollar for their "best" plan. Full of weeds, etc. and when I would call them - they would tell me it would be "extra" for that "type" of weed and/or service?! When you decide to terminate after paying thousands of dollars, they will try to collect any "balance" ($93 in my case) they claim you owe by sending it to a collections agency. Very sorry I wasted my time and money for so long.

Description of Work
Lawn Maintenance Program - fertilizer, aeration, seeding, etc.

Category lawn service,lawn treatment

Work Completed On 06/01/2022

12/02/2021

MICHELLE B.

Tracy Addison is Phenomenal! Amazing customer service, polite, knowledgeable, hardworking! She did an amazing job taking care of our lawn, she even left us with tops on how to care for our lawn until the next treatment. Her expertise is unmatched. I pray we're able to receive services from her for our next appointment. THANK YOU Blades of Green!!

Description of Work
Basic lawn work

Category pest control,lawn service

Work Completed On 12/02/2021

08/20/2019

Ryan C.

Kevin showed up on time and was very knowledgeable and professional. We had a previous company, SPC, who would only come out when requested and weren’t very good. Problems they supposedly had resolved were not, but Kevin took the time to explain what he found and why the problem (mice) still existed. He put out traps and poisons to rid the mice, and immediately scheduled a follow up to ensure everything was taken care of and another just for maintenance. All covered under the service contract. Plus, if you use them for lawn care (also excellent service) as well the initial fee is waived.

Description of Work
Home pest control

Work Completed On 08/20/2019

01/04/2019

Erin R.

We have been using Blades of Green for years and their service is outstanding. Our lawn is often commented on because even through Winter it is lush and green. Their mole control service has cleared our yard of tunnels and holes. Every Fall we have their aeration and over seeding done and this service has kept our yard looking beautiful and healthy. All of the technicians that have come out are knowledgeable, professional and friendly. I strongly recommend this company to anyone who wants quality service for their yard!

Description of Work
Lawn care, aeration and over seeding, Mole control

Work Completed On 01/04/2019

08/07/2018

Gerald G.

They advertised, in their on-line ad, a basic package for $37.00 per month. This would presumably be for an average of 5,000 sq ft (they didn't mention the size in their ad). When I called, they estimated the size of my lawn at 9,000 sq ft. The basic package cost then quoted was about four times higher. If they want to nurture a reputation as a professional, trusting company, like they claim they are, they should be honest in their pricing.

Description of Work
Basic lawn care

Category lawn service

Work Completed On 08/07/2018

We apologize for any miscommunication with the pricing on our website. Our monthly pricing on the lawn website states that it is a starting at price. Our base pricing is for a 2,000 sq ft lawn, not 5000 sq ft. There may have been some confusion on that front since our special offers page has limitations on our coupons for only up to 5,000 sq ft lawns, however we don't have that square footage listed anywhere near our program package pricing. We are working on clarifying our communication on our pricing page so in the future we can be more transparent to everyone that what we have listed is a starting at price.

07/16/2018

ALVA F.

Ask for Neal!! He's the most polite, honest, full of knowledge about pests I've ever come in contact with. I was having an issue with flies coming in my house. Because there was NO signs of decay in or around my house, Neal suggested some remedies (one worked) & told me that there wasn't much to be done. It was suggested I wait until the cold weather ended then I may be able to discover the cause of those nasty pest! Well, the cold weather finally ended as did the issue with the flies!! I really appreciated their honesty by not coming out and charging me for something they couldn't resolve!!

Description of Work
Pest inspections

Work Completed On 05/01/2018

Thank you for the review! We are so lucky to have Neal as a part of our Blades of Green family. At B.O.G. we always have our clients best interest at heart and are always here to help. We hope with this experience you recommend us to anyone you know who might need our help or if give us a call again if you ever have any other problems in the future!

07/03/2018

Allison H.

Professional customer service- very communicative. Technicians were also professional, courteous, and quick- and the results of the spraying have been great!

Description of Work
Spraying for ticks and mosquitoes

Work Completed On 06/21/2018

Thank you for the review! We're always hiring the best so we can provide top customer service for our clients!

06/25/2018

Ernest C.

They were prompt, well-informed and professional. They set me up with an bug exterminating and prevention plan. The process easy.

Description of Work
ant extermination

Work Completed On 05/08/2018

We appreciate your review! We're always here to help protect your pad!

06/10/2018

Marc G.

I live in a townhouse so my property is small. It feels expensive for the size of my property, however, my lawn looks the best. I still have some bare spots so I'll give another fall seeding a try. Professionalism, communication and punctuality from the office staff to the service techs is great.

Description of Work
Lawn Service

Category lawn treatment

Work Completed On 06/01/2018

Thanks for your review! No matter the size of your lawn we treat every property the same with our premium products and well trained technicians. We're happy to hear your lawn is looking its best!

06/04/2018

Sharon S.

Called BOG with c/o “out of control” ants in my house despite despite my use of several different insecticides. They were extremely professional, knowledgeable and helpful. They listened to my concerns and explained in detail their program. They scheduled my initial treatment within 48 hours of my call. The technician showed up as scheduled, did a thorough inspection of my house both inside and outside. He explained how he was going to treat my home. I received an email later the same day reviewing what he had found and the treatment. Extremely pleased and have not seen another ant

Description of Work
Pest control interior and exterior of house

Work Completed On 05/31/2018

Thank you for your review! We're always here to protect your pad and keep you as informed on whats going on in your home as possible. Cheers to keeping those ants out!

Organic-Based Lawn Fertilization & Treatment, Weed Control, Pest Control & Extermination, Termite Inspection, Mosquito & Tick Treatments, & Lawn & Yard Work.

Grass Cutting, Irrigation