Bausum & Duckett Electric LLC

Founded 1960 • With Angi since July 2006

4.4

Electrical Contractor. New wiring & Renovations. Generator Sales, Service & Installation. Large Service area coverage. 50+ Electricians....

V-TecProStop

With 25 plus years of experience and located conveniently in Upper Marlboro, MD, we are here to provide remote, immediate assistance to your computer needs and problems, as well as, on-site support for those bigger tasks and repairs that cannot be handled remotely, most same day. We also install Security Systems, Cameras, & DVR's, as well as, HDTV's and Audio Systems. Most of these installs can be done in one day, but, may take longer, and must be scheduled a week in advance.

Hardware Hero LLC

Hardware Hero is a Computer and Network Maintenance and repair company. Providing timely, knowledgeable and efficient service for family, and business devices.

Energy Select LLC

Energy Select is a full-service energy consultant and contractor. We provide solar panel installation, energy audits, lighting retrofits, and other money-saving services for both residential and commercial customers. We specialize in looking at the whole picture to provide the best energy solution with a balanced effort of energy conservation and clean energy production.

Offers by Energy Select LLC on Angi

04/17/2018

Donna L.

Their service has always been wonderful. Over the years, they have done small jobs and we have always been very pleased with their work and professionalism. In fact, when our son, in Baltimore, wanted a whole house generator, we recommended them. Our son is very pleased with their work and has recommended them to a friend who is interested in a generator.

Description of Work
We needed a kitchen light replaced .

Category electrician,lighting

12/20/2017

Robert C.

Great. The eletrician knew wath to do and did it in a timely manner. Good work. Good service.

Description of Work
Installation of ceiling fan in kitchen.

Category electrician,ceiling fans

12/04/2017

Louise G.

It would be hard to find a firm with less integrity and honesty. If I could give them negative stars I would. If you are looking for skilled electricians and good customer service, look elsewhere. These people not only lie, but they do bad work, don't take responsibility for their mistakes and, in fact, simply never return your call as a way of avoiding any issue they don't feel like handling. They installed a large 5-rail chandelier in my home, which, only minutes after the work was "complete", began falling out of the ceiling. They claimed it was not their fault but if you hire a reputable firm, you would expect that they would bring experience and expertise .. not excuses and avoidance of a mistake. They recently came to assess a problem with the same chandelier, and while doing that assessment, caused more damage to the chandelier itself and the surrounding dry wall in the ceiling - in fact, in the words of their own employee, they stepped on the chandelier from above in the attic and pushed it down through the ceiling. They claimed it was not their fault, even though they were the only ones who had been in the attic working on it. Now they won't return my calls because they don't want to take responsibility for their mistake. NEVER CALL THESE PEOPLE. They are dishonest, have absolutely no integrity, zero customer service, and are beyond rude. Absolute worst firm I have ever dealt with in the 20 years I have lived in this area

Description of Work
Installation of a chandelier

Category electrician,lighting

02/23/2017

Richard B.

Very Well. Call backs because of small glitch were done at no charge and did not leave until the problem was solved. They never tried to upsell me on anything.

Description of Work
on time, professional and thoroughly capable. So professional that they brought a small boat cause they knew that they would be working on pier electric. No one else would have done that.

07/13/2015

Barb H.

Serviceman was prompt, neat and professional. Final price was exactly as quoted. David scheduled work in a pinch for me after my independent contractor bailed on me. They were terrific and beat the other guy's estimate!

Description of Work
Ran outdoor electric from panel.

03/15/2015

Beth S.

Excellent service. The first appointment was schedule within days, and Jeremy was prompt, courteous, efficient and had the part (thermostat) that was needed. After looking at the various ways to run the 220 so I could move my dryer, he provided an estimate. He called back within 48 hours to schedule the task. He used the crawl space (extremely low) and ran the 220. I am sure it was not a fun job, with a lot of dust and grunge to deal with. He and his co-worker finished in a very reasonable amount of time and in a professional manner. I'll definitely call them for any electrical work in the future.

Description of Work
Installed new thermostat for electric baseboard heating. Ran 220 line underneath house to kitchen wall for dryer.

03/28/2014

Gary R.

They did a great job. I called them on a Monday and they came out on Tuesday. I had the replacement unit already, and in 40 minutes, he had it up and running. I was totally happy.

Description of Work
They installed a ceiling exhaust fan and a heater in my bathroom.

Category electrician,lighting,home remodeling

09/12/2013

Steve S.

It worked out very well! They were very professional, timely, and responsive. They worked with me to figure out the most cost effective solution for my requirements.

Description of Work
They installed two transfer switches to support a generator.

03/25/2013

nancy S.

Responsive to call and performed excellent, carefull work that did not require repainting or clean up. This is my "electrician of choice" and they are the first call I make when electrical work is needed. I have used them several times and have never been disappointed.

Description of Work
added outlet in bathroom and ran wire through wall to basement and panel box for new circuit.

09/16/2012

Lisa V.

Our photovoltaic solar system wasn't working and the company that installed it 4 years ago isn't in business anymore. So we looked in the yellow pages under solar and selected Bausum because they were local to Edgewater. They sent a repairman out quickly and while he was litterally on the phone with the manufacturer troubleshooting, the whole panel went "pop" with a puff of smoke. Luckily the panel was still under warrenty. It took a bit more trouble shoting and two more visits to get a new inverter installed. One of the visits the multiple hours of effort didn't fix the problem the way the manufacturer said it would, and Baussum graciouslly didn' charge for that time, since they didn't correct the issue at that time. With the new inverter, eveything works spendidly. A few weeks later we had them come out and re-wire a new dishwasher that was being relocated in the kitchen. The tech was on time and quickly completed the new wiring.

Description of Work
Troubleshoot and repair a solar photovoltaic inverter error and wired a new dishwasher

Category electrician,solar panels

Bausum & Duckett Electric LLC

Founded 1960 • With Angi since July 2006

4.4

3481 Pike Ridge Rd PO BOX 60

Edgewater, MD 21037

Electrical Service for Commercial & Residential customers. Residential & Commercial Generator Sales, Service & Installation. TV & Telephone / Data wiring. New wiring & Renovations. Fire alarm service & Repairs. Solar Photo voltaic system installations NABCEP certified installers. Pier & Marina wiring.

Fiber Optic installation. Fire alarm programming / monitoring. Marine or RV Generators. Appliance repairs

Check, Visa, MasterCard