Ace Air Conditioning & Heating Inc

Founded 1978 • With Angi since July 2008

47 Ridge Ave

Edgewater, MD 21037

ACE A/C & HEATING INC. HAS BEEN IN BUSINESS FOR 40 YRS, WE DO ALL HVAC WORK, THE OWNER HAS A MASTER HVAC LIC #5084, WSSC LIC, MASTER GAS FITTER, MASTER PLUMBERS, BACKFLOW TECH LIC # 70277, ANNE ARUNDEL CNTY. MASTER GAS FITTER & PLUMBER LIC#2437, MASTER HVAC MECH. LIC# 2709, WE ALSO DO HOME

01/26/2023

Al P.

Installed a new HVAC unit. Scheduled a date and arrived on time and completed the installation on time.

Description of Work
Installed a new heating and cooling system and disposed of the old unit. Work was performed in a professional manner and the area was left clean when the technician had completed the work.

01/11/2023

shelley M.

Heating/issues are obviously stressful but Rick responded to calls quickly and addressed all concerns without delay. He has provided bi-annual service on furnace as well as addressing heating and AC problems and fully restored service!

Description of Work
Bi-annual service on furnace. Issues with heat not working as well as broken thermostat that interfered with AC operation

05/11/2017

Michelle M.

EXCELLENT!

Description of Work
ACE has never let me down. Not when I needed to replace my AC unit, not when my real estate listing needed help, not when I needed them to fix my mother in laws problems, not when I recommend them to my Dad and his new wife. ACE is one of my go to vendors. I love them. I know when I recommend them, I'll look better for doing it.

01/23/2017

Gregory T M.

There were a few changes and hiccups from what was originally quoted due to the existing conditions, but overall the installation went fine and the HW heater is now working fine. Rick was responsive and addressed all my questions and concerns.

Description of Work
Replaced a gas tank hot water heater with a gas tankless hot water heater.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

06/02/2016

Charles H.

Description of Work
A/C maintenance and repair

02/16/2016

Kenneth W.

05/21/2015

Cynthia M.

Description of Work
They knew exactly what was needed and nothing extra which was great.

03/02/2015

Tammy B.

It was pretty good experience working with Ace air conditioning. He worked everything up in the end.

Description of Work
He installed my furnace.

02/19/2015

Eyob K.

They came out and did what was expected. I was pleased with the service.

Description of Work
I purchased a deal from the company.

02/17/2015

Herman S.

The workers arrived on time. They explained what they were going to do. They provided us with maintenance tips and warned us to be careful of the exhaust piping.

Description of Work
Replace gas heater

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

02/05/2015

Cecelia J.

Service went well. I got a call from the office (Betty) informing me that the plumber was caught in the bad traffic jam that evening on West Street in Annapolis and he will be there soon. And soon he was. I explained to him the problem I was experiencing about the water being left in the bottom of the dish washer and he immediate went to work to find out why this was happening. Of course, it did not happen when he was there. But he took time out for me and started the dishwasher and let it run through the different cycles. During the time that the dishwasher was going through the cycle, the plumber explained some things that could have occurred to cause the water to remain in the bottom of the dishwasher. He also, give me some advice and instructed me to use an over the counter cleaner that was not harmful to the dishwasher or my dishes. That evening, went he left, I ran out to get the cleaner and starting using it right away. The plumber also informed me that should this ever happened again, for me to call him because he does not live to far from me. This made me feel very secure and happy to know that I could call him again if the problem persist. Thank you Angie.

Description of Work
The service provider got the water out of the bottom of my dish washer in which I was unable to do. Also give me some advice in the event that this problem happens again.

01/26/2015

Amy E.

Nothing done.

Description of Work
Nothing. Angie's List arranged this vendor for me, but once they heard my address they declined to perform the services. Angie's List later said they stated they service my area and apologized for the inconvenience.

01/21/2015

Maria H.

The job was to connect a pre-purchased faucet to already installed pipes in a newly finished bathroom. The Deal was $60 for an hour's plumbing service, materials not included. They did not get back to me for an appointment that week. Angie's List sent a request to make the appointment within two more business days. I sent message saying the job was to connect a faucet to existing pipes, and while it wasn't urgent, it needed to be done before Christmas. The $60 was accepted on 3 December, and the appointment scheduled for the week before Christmas. The woman on the phone made clear any time more than one hour would be billed at $75 an hour. I said the job was to connect a faucet, it shouldn't take very long. What do I know, the guy who put in the pipes said he would come back to connect the sink after I chose a vanity, for $40. I lost his contact information, and decided to try Angie's list. The provider arrived on time with a subcontracted? plumber and supervisor. They said they did not carry the materials needed to connect the faucet, and that they would add the time needed to go to buy them at Home Depot to the labor. Home Depot is half an hour away, and with checkout I figured about an hour and a half round trip. I asked several times what they expected the total cost to be, and they said several times they couldn't say. I get red flags when this happens. I can't agree to a job without an estimate, and I explained that having alerted them to what the job was in advance, I expected they would arrive with the equipment needed, and that I wasn't prepared to pay as much as this could possibly entail. They were at the house for about ten minutes, and left amiably. I realized I had already paid $60, and called to ask for a refund. The woman at the phone said they needed to pay the plumber for the visit, and would refund $25 by check. No check has arrived yet. It occurs to me that when service people come they take money for a service call to evaluate the problem and give an estimate, and I didn't even get an estimate out of the visit. I believe there was nothing mysterious about the job. I wondered how many "offers you can refuse" could be given in a day at ten minutes a home. I hope it wasn't a scam but it felt like one. I gave a D rather than F because we were all polite, and in case I could be wrong about how uncommon it is for a plumber to be prepared to connect a faucet to pipes.

Description of Work
The provider left when I asked them to leave without performing the service,and has kept the $60 after agreeing to partial reimbursement.

12/30/2014

June C.

The company doesn't service my area anymore. I was told to purchase the deal on the phone by one rep from the company and when I called back to schedule I was told by another rep that the company doesn't service my area. It would have been nice if the original rep would have checked that information before I purchased my deal.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for $75 for 1 Hour of Plumbing Services

12/23/2014

Gwendolyn D.

We have been using Ace in Fairfax, Virginia for years now. We are now on a service plan for which we had to wait a full year because the list is always so full and only so many families can be accepted each year. We love their service and were so very happy finally to be able to count on priority service through their service plan. Their technicians really know their stuff and also take the time to educate you; their office staff is very polite and accommodating. If you just have questions, they will get a technical person on the line to talk with you right away. (NOTE: I am not too sure about the pricing structure for the service plan we are on and had to guess at what the last call might have cost. We just know that the regular service calls were priced properly, but the service plan was better for us due to the age of our house and its equipment.)

Description of Work
Seasonal checkup of heating and heat pump

10/14/2014

Allison O.

Everything went well. There were a few issues with billing, but the issue was worked out.

Description of Work
They installed a water line for the ice maker in my refrigerator.

09/08/2014

Steve O.

Bobby was outstanding. He spent over an hour ensuring the system worked perfectly. They are just a really good company overall.

Description of Work
He worked on our heat pump and the inside furnace.

01/24/2014

Kenneth W.

Installation was completed in one day with no complications. The two nstallers were polite and professional, and they patiently explained the operation and maintenance of the equipment. The equipment that was replaced was installed by Ace 21 years ago, and they have been servicing the equipment since that time. Although I had hoped to be able to continue my relationship with Ace because of my long and favorable history with the company, my purchase decision was made easy by the fact that Ace's price for the new equipment was the lowest among 3 proposals for comparable equipment.

Description of Work
Installed a new Lennox gas furnace and outside unit.

10/01/2013

William B.

They were professional and on time.

Description of Work
I bought a water heater from them.

Category water heater repair

05/31/2012

Steve O.

I've used them for the last 20 years. Their price, quality, and punctuality are great. The staff are one of the most professional people I've encountered. I will continue to use them in the future.

Description of Work
They came to service the furnace and heat pump.

02/25/2012

Warren H.

They were prompt, very courteous, and did a fantastic job with everything. The city inspector even complimented them on a job well done. They were on time, neat, and easy to work with. They also gave us a reasonable price.

Description of Work
They installed a furnace, a/c, and water heater. They also removed the old equipment.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

05/22/2011

John K.

I noticed during a particularly warm night (80 degrees) that my AC was running but the house was not cooling. In fact it was cooler outside because the fan was running but the compressor was not. I checked the compressor and it was not running, but the thermostat indicated that it was. I checked the circuit breaker and nothing was tripped. At this point i joined AngiesList because I have had problems finding random contractors before. Found Ace and called them up to set up an appointment. The time given was 8 to 12 a few days later. They called to confirm the night before (which I like), and the contractor called when he started heading my way to give me an ETA (which I also like). 8:30 the contractor shows up. I explain the problem and show him where the compressor is. He opens up unit and notices the ground cable is floating, which he reattached. It appeared that the BGE PeakRewards installer forgot to reattach it. This lead him to check the fuses, and it turned out that one was blown. He replaced the burnt one. While we waited for the PeakRewards unit to reset he did a full visual inspection of the internal unit and also checked the level of the refrigerant. The level was low so he refilled it. About an hour after starting he was finished and paid and I had a working AC unit again.

Description of Work
AC compressor was blown. Fixed a floating ground line, replaced a blown fuse, and added more refrigerant. About an hour later I had a working AC unit and was very happy.

12/05/2010

Daniel S.

I called Ace after my gas furnace failed to ignite when I turned on the heart. Rick Starling came out on short notice and diagnosed the problem very quickly. He had to order a part but brought it out and installed it as soon as he received it. Rick is a very honest and pleasant guy who clearly knows his trade. I will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Rick from Ace diagnosed why my gas furnace failed to ignite and generate heat. He was able to determine that the problem was with the "mother board" which he had to order from his parts supplier in Baltimore. When he got the part he came right over to replace the part. The furnace fired right up after he replaced the part.

06/17/2009

NEVADA W.

a very pleasant experience dealing with the company and Rick Starling the installer repairman

Description of Work
After installing AC to our home in 2001 ACE air has performed maintenance twice a year for us and taken care of any problems that may have occured. the cost listed is for the yearly manitenance

MEMBER, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR COMMENTS REGARDING OUR SERVICE. BETTY

07/25/2008

BETTY M.

They did a great job and I would highly recommend them. I have been using them for years and he's very honest, professional and nice.

Description of Work
They installed a coil in the A/C unit.

Mid-Atlantic Deck & Fence Co

Mid-Atlantic Deck and Fence Co. was established in 1987. We specialize in all aspects of construction, related to the decking and fencing industry. If you are looking to have one of our beautiful backyard resorts constructed by us for you. Or if you are the type of person that would like to do it themselves than we can help. DON'T WAIT CALL TODAY!!!!!!!! 1-800-833-9310 let's get started.

Value Dry Waterproofing

Value Dry is committed to never stop fighting the damaging effects of moisture and poor air quality in your home. We transform wet basements and musty crawl spaces into dry, useful space through basement waterproofing and crawl space encapsulation. We have more than 20 years of basement waterproofing experience with the best lifetime warranty in the DC/Baltimore area. Plus, more than 10 years of experience in crawl space encapsulation and conditioning. Our services include sump installation and replacement, battery back up sump pumps, foundation waterproofing, vapor barriers, humidity/ventilation control, outside stairwell drains, window well drains, egress windows, insulation, and foundation repair. We are conveniently located between the Baltimore and Washington, D.C. beltways and our service range covers Maryland, Virginia, Washington, D.C., and southern Delaware. Our entire team, from our call center staff to our inspectors and installers, is fully committed to maintaining the highest standards of customer service and protecting your biggest investment, your home. Our work is backed by a lifetime transferable warranty and a 24/7 service team. We are very proud of the reputation that we have built through online reviews, within our industry, and among our customers. Give us a call at (888) 768-2583 to schedule a free consultation or if you have any questions.

BMC Clower Heating & Air Conditioning Inc

Our team of qualified heating and air conditioning professionals receive excellent training and possess the latest cutting-edge industry knowledge. This expertise is what allows B.M.C./Clower to provide our customers with exceptional and timely service. We have been servicing the DC Metro area since 1999. We are authorized dealers of Lennox and Carrier equipment and have maintenance and service agreements available. We service all major brands of HVAC equipment and do not use sub-contractors to perform our installations. We also fabricate all duct work in house and our trucks are equipped with metal manufacturing equipment. Financing is available for new installations. Our diagnostic service rate is $98. After our initial diagnostic, we will be able to provide a flat rate price that includes all parts and labor needed to perform any necessary repairs.

Check, Visa, MasterCard