Hands on Electric

Founded 2012 • With Angi since June 2017

5238 Daventry Terrace

District Heights, MD 20747

Experienced, quality and affordable Electricians servicing the Washington, DC. Metro Area. We offer same day service, 24 hour emergency service, and free estimates. No job is too small, we are troubleshooting experts, our services include but not limited to, generators, panel upgrades, ceiling fan installation, outlet replacement, track lighting, security lighting, recess lighting, appliance wiring, exterior lighting, pool & hot tub wiring, exhaust fans and much more....

electrician (8)lighting (1)

11/05/2020

Kevin was amazing and very professional. Kevin called me discussed pricing and came out same day. And he was very reasonable with what I needed done. He went straight to work and he explained everything in detail. I was happy with his work and will definitely hire him again and have recommended him to my family and friends also. Diana W.

Description of Work
I needed 4 outdoor lights replaced and 2 indoor electrical outlets fixed

Category lighting

Work Completed On 11/05/2020

03/26/2020

Exceptional work. Easy to arrange with quick response, arrived on time, diagnosed and repaired both issues quickly. Professional work, very friends and at a very reasonable price. Will definitely hire again and completely recommend.

Description of Work
Diagnosed problem and fixed a non-working circuit; diagnosed problem with recessed light and replaced transformer to fix.

Work Completed On 03/26/2020

07/12/2019

Very well. I was very pleased .

Description of Work
Breaker box repair.

Work Completed On 06/28/2019

06/18/2019

On June 10, I had a company to install security equipment in my home. In doing so, the installer drilled through a wire and I did not have electricity in several outlets due to the damage. Since the company did not have an electrician on staff and was unable to refer me to anyone, I turned to Angie’s List for help in finding someone to correct the problem. I called Hands on Electric on June 11 and...

Description of Work
Outlets were tripping breaker in main panel due to damage (caused by a company) to existing feed causing a short circuit.

Work Completed On 06/18/2019

06/11/2019

Work Completed On 01/15/2020

06/11/2019

Description of Work
Repair to electrical wire that was damaged by a company while installing security equipment.

Work Completed On 06/11/2019

09/24/2018

The light switch in my bathroom started making a sound and I could smell it burning. I called the company as soon as they opened. I got the owner on the phone and he said he could have someone come out to my house later that day and gave on instructions on handling the light switch until his employee arrived. His employee called prior to visit to let me know he when he would arrive. The employee a...

Description of Work
Replaced a outlet light switch

Work Completed On 09/12/2018

02/22/2018

Excellent....all jobs done, all work great. A few problems were encountered and solved rapidly. Some work required being on a ladder, wasn't an issue. All work was done in an hour.

Description of Work
Misc electrical. Outdoor post light install, 2 photocells, indoor stairwell light repair

Work Completed On 02/22/2018

10/04/2017

It went excellent. I called and they arrived within 30 minutes. The technician was polite and courteous, it was an excellent experience. I will definitely be using them again.

Description of Work
Installed 4 recessed lights

Work Completed On 09/13/2017

Generators Electrical Panels Ceiling Fans Exhaust Fans Attic Fans Infra-Red Testing Preventative Maintenance Whole House Surge Protectors Recess Lights Security Cameras Repair Pole Lights (3 or more) Track Lights Switches/Outlets Installations Security lighting Exterior lighting Pool & Hot Tub Wiring Appliance Wiring Troubleshooting And more!!

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available