Vista Pro Landscape and Design

Founded 2001 • With Angi since January 2011

4.2

906 Governors Bridge Rd

Davidsonville, MD 21035

VistaPro Landscape and Design is a full-service landscaping company. We work with clients seeking an escape from reality to develop customized outdoor environments. Our designers discover your desires and create a unique and peaceful retreat that reflects those goals. We construct everything from

07/18/2022

Kathy A.

I agree with the terrible reviews below. This company is dishonest and poorly run. They charge bogus “engineer” costs, (they told us $900) and try to scare people into expensive and unnecessary repairs. They don’t do the job that they were hired to perform and after they have your money, they stop responding or showing up. Do not hire this company. Read Yelp and Facebook reviews. Several years ago, back in 2013 maybe they were ok, but not now. Do yourself a favor and avoid them. If you’ve been a victim of their bad behavior, contact the Maryland Home Improvement Commission and file a complaint or go to court and file a lawsuit.

Description of Work
Tile and replaster

Category concrete repair, swimming pools

05/05/2022

Brandee H.

Without question the worst experience so far with any project we've had done around our property. Rick Elliott is Sales and Design for VistaPro and he is wonderful! Thats where the positive experience stopped. VistaPro has over $70,000 of our money and we have no where near $70,000 worth of product or labor. Communication is non-existent as they do not return messages or calls. The only work done on the project has been when we've called informing them of issues with the project - when the hole that was dug Thanksgiving week started to collapse, or when we called to let them know our HOA has received complaints about the mess and unsightly piles around the property. We are holding out hope for getting the project completed sometime this summer but their original estimate of mid-late May completion is certainly not happening. If you are trying to decide between VistaPro and any other company I would advise going with the other

Description of Work
In the process of having a Pool installed

Category excavators, hardscaping, swimming pools

07/24/2020

Chetan M.

They took $700 to do a diagnostic. It tools weeks of daily calling after paying to get a date of arrival. Finally at 9 PM the morning after the owner messages me that Someone will be there at 8 AM. They are late and show up dressed like they just walked from margaritaville in key west. They spend <40 minutes looking at my pool (most of it not doing much) and say how they can’t do a test and promised a report I can use to move forward. They said I need to spend >>$40,000 to redo everything. James the owner calls me up offering half back, and claimed he doesn’t make money on this (so the dude guys hourly rate must be over $525/hr...cmon). He promised the report that they were supposed to produce. Obviously never got the report. This is textbook fraud. Go any other place. Oh btw my buddies who know nothing about pools and I figured out that the lines are intact and cleared them and are probably going to fix it with a couple hours work for less than 750 bucks, new motor and all.

Description of Work
Pool Diagnostic

Category landscaping, swimming pools

04/20/2019

Kevin O.

If you are considering hiring Vista Pro Landscaping, don't wait any longer! From our first interaction with Vista Pro Landscaping, to the day of our last site visit, we experienced nothing but professional and outstanding service. We couldn't be happier. After inviting several companies to submit proposals to renovate our backyard, James, from Vista Pro was prompt and refreshingly creative with his plan. We were impressed by his responsiveness and flexibility. Several months following our first meeting, we signed out paperwork and worked closely with James to gain county approval. During this time, James was extremely helpful ensuring we had all the correct paperwork to keep the processing moving along. During operations, the crew was courteous, tidy and talented! Our project turned out better than we could have ever imagined. We are now enjoying a relaxing and sublime new backyard. Thank you Vista Pro Landscaping!

Description of Work
Patios in backyard

Category landscaping, lawn service, hardscaping, patios

05/07/2014

Lorna L.

Description of Work
Mowed lawn and shaped bushes

04/25/2014

Maryjoyce R.

I needed a walkway built to get my patients into my home office. I was very nervous about the project because it had to be both accessible and beautiful for my business. This is a tall order since it was on a large slope and I had no idea what to do. I had some ideas of what I wanted and thought I had come up with some good plans, but with James's experience he was able to come up with a great idea that was so much better. He came up with natural stone steps, boulder rock retaining wall, railings, and a paver patio to my office entrance. James made me feel comfortable that he could handle this project and at ease that he solved the problems I had with ensuring both beauty and functionality. They arrived when he said they would. The workers were courteous and paid attention to all the little details that were needed for this project. They worked long days to make this happen. It ended up being perfect, just like I was promised....and more beautiful than I ever imagined! James is now our forever landscaper. I highly recommend Vista Pro Landscape and Design!!!

Description of Work
Stone steps, paver patio, railing, and boulder retaining wall.

Category landscaping, masonry, hardscaping, patios

04/16/2014

Lorna L.

They will be seeding and cleaning up my yard as well as planting and mulching.

Description of Work
Snow removal. During mowing season they mow my lawn.

02/06/2014

Kurt B.

James and company installed our in-ground gunite pool, including the concrete decking and retaining wall. There were many aspects to this project so of course there were unexpected things that came up during construction. It's how these were handled that sets Vista Pro apart. Their goal was always to make sure we were satisfied and to do the correct thing. We are thrilled with the end product and it has been one year since we broke ground. Construction of the pool involved several sub-contractors, as is standard for this area. The subs that James chose were all great to work with and happily worked with an overly involved homeowner. The pool is fantastic. All open issues were resolved promptly and they were eager to clear them off of their list as well as off of mine. The concrete work around the pool was extensive. It involved a solid poured concrete retaining wall completely surrounding the pool with a total length of 200' to deal with the moderately steep slope across the entire building area. James was the only contractor to suggest such a method to solidify the basic cut and fill approach to making a flat pool area. As the slope mitigation was my biggest concern, he came out with flying colors there and was one of two main reasons we chose them. The other somewhat unique part about our project was the StoneMakers method of making all of the poured concrete walls and decking look like stone. They are all hand carved and individually stained. It looks amazing and garners many compliments while being cost effective versus stone or pavers. This was the other main reason we went with them. As well as the feel that they would stand by their word. Going into the project I interviewed 5 pool builders. James clearly excelled at being able to explain every detailed question I threw at him regarding construction methods and options. He was happy, in those follow-up conversations before quoting, to spend as much time as I needed to get comfortable with the details. Also later on, when I would make a suggestion regarding using a particular product in the project, he would research it to make sure I wasn't missing anything and also that he was satisfied it would work well. Our designer Kristen was also first rate and was a pleasure to work with. She helped to make a great first impression for Vista Pro on her initial visit through the site examination process and then the listening/suggesting phase of the meeting. I threw out some crazy ideas during the extended design process, most of which we opted out of, but all were met with an attitude of "let's take a look at that and see if it makes sense for the project". I was sorry to disappoint James by not including a waterfall somewhere in the project that he could have fun with. Maybe next time. As you can probably tell, the experience with James and Kristen at Vista Pro was more like working with friends than a contractor. I would highly recommend Vista Pro for any landscape/hardscape/pond/pool project you can dream up. If you can't dream one up, call them and they will dream it up for you.

Description of Work
In-Ground Concrete Pool and Decking w/ Retaining Wall and Walkway

Category concrete repair, excavators, masonry, hardscaping, swimming pools

10/25/2013

diane R.

My experience with Vista Pro Landscape and Design was the most positive I have ever had with any contractor. From the designer to the hardworking and talented craftsmen to the project manager to the company owner, every single person was wonderful to work with. I am beyond thrilled with the outcome of both projects they completed for me and I would hire them again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
The cost of service is the total for two separate projects completed about a year apart. Project #2 ($2400)--Removed and replaced damaged bricks on front of residence; added additional courses of bricks to existing window wells to allow for proper grading against the window wells; installed below grade gutter extensions; elevated planting beds; planted ornamental shrubbery; installed landscape boulders; filled in soil and repaired turf in areas disturbed during recent tree removal; mulch installed in planting bed. Project #1 ($18,250)--Installed tumbled brick paver patio with seatwall in backyard; demolished existing front porch and built new concrete and brick front porch; demolished and removed existing broken concrete slab in front of garage and replaced with new concrete; demolished and removed slab of concrete in backyard; installed brick retaining wall at front of residence; installed landscape bed with shrubbery in backyard; installed privacy trellis and plantings at side of residence; installed mulch in planting beds.

Category concrete repair, landscaping, masonry, mulch, hardscaping

06/20/2012

Edward M.

They were okay, except they were way too expensive. I liked the designer, but he left the company.

Description of Work
They gave an estimate for landscaping work and putting a structure in my yard.

06/11/2012

Carmen C.

James, the owner, is one of the most responsive and responsible professionals in the landscaping business. I call Vista Pro Landscaping whenever my koi pond requires service. James installed my pond nearly ten years ago and helps me troubleshoot any problems I'm experiencing over the phone at no charge. He offered me his cellphone number and made me feel at liberty to call anytime I needed help or advice. As it stands, other than a yearly spring cleaning, I think I have needed Vista Pro Landscaping to come over and repair something only twice in the ten years I have had the pond. They cleaned the accumulated gunk out of the bottom of the filter and topped off the filter beads on one occasion and replaced some light fixtures and installed a new valve on another. The pond never worked better or looked cleaner! Vista Pro Landscaping takes professional and personal pride in its work and aims to please. I made the mistake of trying another company when I had a problem and they were unable to resolve it, despite repeated and unannounced visits to my backyard, for which they attempted to charge me every single time. Never again. Vista Pro is the way to go.

Description of Work
Vista Pro Landscaping installed my koi pond and has maintained it ever since.

06/11/2012

Laura C.

The company is innovative, collaborative and responsive. The owner is fabulous to work with. He's flexible, reasonable and definitely follows through and follows up. We set up an initial consultation and from that, the owner took our ideas, constraints and budget and fit a project into our requirements. We had a concept of a fire pit and VistaPro enhanced it with a water feature. They were good at consultation. When we would ask for a certain feature, they were good about letting us know whether it were feasible, cost-effective and practical to maintain. They were straight shooters. And, most of all, when there were issues (as there is with any home project), they were accommodating, not nickel-and-dime and overly accommodating. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Master Plan, design, build and installation of landscaping for entire property. Water feature, hardscape, softscape, hardware (pavilion).

04/28/2012

Mark B.

We met Vista Pro at the MD Home and Garden Show, and arranged for them to visit our property to discuss a hardscaping project. Dave arrived promptly, listened to our desires, made many good suggestions, and delivered a written quote very promptly. It was a pleasure discussing our project with Dave. Although we didn't hire them (they were second on our list of five), we would definitely call them again for future projects.

Description of Work
We asked Vista Pro to quote a hardscaping project. Dave Lehnhoff came out, talked with us about our project, and offered many good ideas. They promptly wrote up a quote and emailed it to us. Out of 5 different contractors who bid this job, Vista Pro was the lowest price. However, we ended up hiring a different contractor who was prepared to provide more services for slightly more money.

05/16/2007

CHARLES D.

Unlike all other estimates I received, Brian Holden approached the project very creatively to work within my budget. He ended up being able to do all the hardscape plus some landscaping for the price of what everyone else was quoting just for hardscape. He voluntarily emailed a simple design, whereas others quoted a fee to give a basic design and precise estimate. Brian was just really reliable, pragmatic and easy to deal with. He followed through on everything he said he'd do. When I had issues or concerns he took them to heart and found solutions that worked, and just made the whole process amazingly painless. The crew stuck to their time schedule, worked really quickly and finished ahead of schedule. They were incredibly neat, polite, professional and detail oriented. The paver work is very high quality with detail work that exceeded my expectations.

Description of Work
Remove a long concrete sidewalk and old brick patio, extend existing concrete parking pad and install a new paver patio and walkway, transplant existing plants and add several trees, repair some remaining concrete and brickwork.

Category concrete repair, excavators, landscaping, masonry

05/16/2007

CHARLES D.

Description of Work

Category concrete repair, excavators, masonry, hardscaping

03/20/2007

KENNATH E S.

Excellent, the information about my lawn was terrific he should mention that there a PH imbalance and it needs lime pellets, three mixed tall sun and shade grass in overseeding. Mr. Vizzi really knows his grasses. He said he will assist if needed in the future.

Description of Work
Mr Vizzi came out to explain what is wrong with my yard at no charge.

09/22/2005

MICHELLE C V.

THIS COMPANY DID A FABULOUS JOB. THE POND WAS DONE IN A TIMELY FASHION. THE OUTCOME WAS OUTSTANDING. I HAVE THE BIGGEST POND ON THE STREET, AND ACTUALLY THE BEST. IF YOU HAVE AN EYE THEN YOUR LOOKING LOOK FOR THIS COMPANY.

Description of Work
INSTALLED A NEW POND.

Maryland Lighting & Sprinklers

Maryland Lighting and Sprinklers is a local veteran owned company that services both residential and commercial customers. From service to installation we are the leading company for irrigation, and outdoor lighting. We offer 24hr service for all irrigation customers as well.

ON THE GREEN INC

On The Green, Inc. guarantees to produce a thicker, greener, healthier lawn! Our Green Care Lawn Program includes organic fertilizers, poly-coated slow-release products, liquid weed controls and the latest technologies in the industry. In addition to lawn care our Certified Technicians can provide Pest Control Services for Mosquitoes, Ants, Ticks, Rodents, Roaches and other Home Pests. As an industry expert, over 25 years experience and 5 star reviews On The Green, Inc. is the perfect company to care for your lawn and home.

American Lawn Specialists, Inc.

American Lawn and Tree Specialists, Inc. is a locally owned & operated company committed to providing the very best lawn care and ornamental tree/shrub care service to its customers. With over 27 years of experience, we offer free estimates where we can come out and evaluate your lawn and landscape. This is our basis so that we may provide you the service your lawn and landscape needs. Our Organic Based Lawn Care Program is proven in getting your lawn to its potential. Contact us today so we can get started improving your lawn.

bids are free but designs are not

Commercial & residential pools, custom pools, hot tubs, in-ground pools, saunas & spas, estate management, fertilization & feeding, flower care, fountain maintenance, general landscaping, lawn care, mulching, plant care, pruning & trimming, rototilling, tree work, drought-tolerant landscapes, garden designs, green roofs, koi ponds, landscape design, low-maintenance design, oriental designs, outdoor light