King Cuts Landscaping

Founded 2001 • With Angi since May 2011

Davidsonville, MD 21035

King Cuts Landscaping is an award winning, family-operated, fully licensed and insured company that specializes in residential landscape/hardscape installation, design and maintenance services. King Cuts Landscaping began as a small landscaping company with one part-time employee and a handful of maintenance customers. Today, we have six landscape/hardscape teams made up of top industry professionals and we successfully handle a significant number of loyal and satisfied customers. K.C.L has been able to enjoy more than a decade of success due to our commitment to quality, dependability and customer service. The owners of King Cuts Landscaping (brothers Bret and Keith Whetzel) are involved in every aspect of the business including the planning and practice of services. Our goal is to provide the best results for our clients at an affordable rate all while maintaining a professional image. Contact us today and "Enjoy the Royal Treatment"....

08/09/2020

Bonnie S.

King Cuts Landscaping is the best! We highly recommend them without reservation. They have done a couple of drainage projects for us to deal with complicated water issues in our yard. Bret took the time to thoughtfully evaluate the situation and readily reworked the plan as new information became available. His clear estimates let us make a plan and a timeline that worked with our budget. And the crew is great - hardworking, respectful and polite, we wouldn't hesitate to have any of them back. His plan worked, too - it gave us the use of our yard back and it looks great!

Description of Work
Drainage projects to remediate major water issues in our yard.

Category landscaping,lawn service,pavers, gravel,drain pipe

10/21/2019

Michelle B.

I was very pleased with King Cut's responsiveness to my quote request, their follow-up to spec the job, and the execution of the task. I asked for two levels of quote: simple repair of existing flagstone and a more ambitious paying stone rebuild of front walk. Two detailed quotes were prepared and transmitted to me for evaluation; I was very impressed with the detail. For budget reasons, I opted for the less expensive flagstone repair. My front walkway's flagstone arrangement had degraded over years and the polymeric sand had essentially disappeared prompting weed growth in cracks and other unsightly developments. ,King Cut's staff arrived early on the day of the job and finished the job in one day as estimated (which included laying gravel rock down around portions of house for erosion control purposes). The job involved re-bed of the flagstone on gravel then application of polymeric sand in the joints, The overall cost was as quoted. The job was completed on time and within budget with utmost professionalism. Very pleasant experience!

Description of Work
Repair of Flagstone Front Walk

Category pavers, gravel,hardscaping

09/30/2019

Wayne M.

Excellent - work was performed competently and on schedule.

Description of Work
Misc lanscaping - shrube replacement, landscape timber replacement, lattice installation, stone path installation

Category landscaping

09/03/2019

Alan K.

King Cuts did an excellent job on our project after basement flooded. Project was completed on schedule. Grading and exterior drains installed and the landscaping was beautiful. Thank you.

Description of Work
Exterior drainage, grading, and landscaping

Category landscaping,drain pipe

05/01/2019

Kathleen R.

This is the second year I have had King Cuts perform my spring clean-up and both times the clean-ups were the best I have had. Both the completed job and the crew are very professional. The crew is very friendly and work very hard. You can tell they take a lot of pride in what they do. I would certainly recommend Bret and King Cuts.

Description of Work
spring cleanup

Category landscaping,lawn service

12/06/2018

Kathryn R.

Very well. They showed up on time and completed the work quickly.

Description of Work
Repair and improvement of underground drain pipe.

Category landscaping,drain pipe

10/18/2018

Stepen T.

Fantastic. Bret and the crew were a joy to work with. Highly recommend them. Act early because they are busy!!

Description of Work
Wanted to replace a 45-year-old brick patio and install a garden wall.

Category landscaping,hardscaping,patios

Thank you for your review and thank you for choosing King Cuts! It was a pleasure to work with you on this project - we hope you will get a lot of use out of your new space this fall season! Thanks again! Bret & Keith

07/31/2018

Nancy E.

Everything went very smoothly with this project. The company was very responsive, friendly, and efficient. The estimate was excellent, breaking down each specific charge. We are thrilled with the results. The crew was very helpful and courteous and left the work site spotless each day. They were so thorough and attended to every detail in the estimate. The wall is just beautiful and we could not be happier with the final results. We will highly recommend them to neighbors and friends and will not hesitate to call King Cuts in the future for all of our landscaping needs.

Description of Work
Installation of retaining wall

Category landscaping,hardscaping

Thank you for your review! We greatly appreciate your business and are so happy to hear how satisfied you are with the finished product. We look forward to being available and we certainly appreciate the referrals. Thank you!

01/19/2018

David M.

Let me start by saying how organized and professional King Cuts Landscaping is. This company was by far the most prepared in quotes, sketches, materials used, planned work being done, timeline, responsiveness, details etc... Working with Bret, George and crew was just perfect. The professionalism of the company far exceeds other contractors I have used in the past. These guys do the job sticking to paver and landscape standards/code. Bret was super responsive prior to the work, during the work, and after the work was performed. King Cuts was not the lowest bid I got but they totally make up for it with the quality of work performed. You get what you pay for. I would not ever use any other company as this Angie's List "A" rated company just nailed the job and scope of work. I will surely use the company in the spring for plants/sod/landscaping to put the final touches on my project. These guys worked in 20 degree weather and had no complaints. Thanks Bret for doing an amazing job on my Landscape/Hardscape project. All my neighbors want you guys out here in the spring! Look forward to working with you guys again in the near future.

Description of Work
Hardscape/Landscape project Front/Side/Back of house

Category landscaping,mulch,pavers, gravel,drain pipe,hardscaping

01/19/2018

Rhoda L.

I found the work done very professionally

Description of Work
Landscaping

Category landscaping

Riverside Landscaping

Hello everyone! I own a small landscaping business that I have operated myself for the past 5 years in Anne Arundel County. Over the years I have come across many types of jobs that have helped me prepare for a variety of different kinds of services that I can now provide. I have always worked with myself, this has ensured me that every project I work on is not rushed and is done to the customers satisfaction. Please feel free to reach out, I would love to work on your next yard project or cleanup.

E & F Masonry LLC

Affordable Hardscapes that will turn your yard into a Masterpiece.

Solid Brick Contracting LLC

Solid Brick Contracting, LLC offers design and installation of landscaping and hardscaping. We have been working in the landscaping and hardscaping business for over 9 years with a goal to establish a good relationship with all of our clients. Let us help you transform your backyard into a beautiful outdoor living space with a beautiful paver patio or landscaping. Our services include paver driveways, walkways, patios, outdoor kitchens, retaining walls, fire pits, fireplaces, all brick work and landscaping services.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available

Landscape Design, Hardscaping, Paver Patios, Walk Ways, Retaining Walls, Stone Work, General Landscaping, Sod Installation, Rain Water Management, Spring Clean Ups, Mulch Installation, Hedge, Bush & Tree Trimming, Local Leaf Removals, Hauling, Land Clearing, Local Mowing, Snow & Ice Management.

Lawn Irrigation