Alexander Plumbing Services Inc

Founded 2006 • With Angi since April 2011

3214 Cedar Church Rd

Darlington, MD 21034

We are a Cecil County, Maryland plumbing service located in Conowingo, MD. Whether you're looking for emergency plumbing repair work, commercial or residential water treatment service, or plumbing for new construction or remodeling, we will get the job done quickly, efficiently, and correctly. Alexander Plumbing Services, Inc. is owned and operated by Mark Alexander, a master plumber and gas fitter with 25 years of experience. We have a professional staff who will take care of all of your plumbing needs for a fair price. Additional email - info@alexanderplumbing.net. Additional DBA - Alexander Plumbing Services....

01/23/2018

Robert K.

Excellent! They came in, got right to work, found the problem quickly and repaired it. It took less than 30 minutes. The guys were personable but professional. I would call them again.

Description of Work
Well pipe repair

Category wells

07/17/2017

Allison Snyder T.

The first time it was a combination of the dishwasher and the garbage disposal. It was $100, but it was a little bit more helpful because we haven't had any issues since. $100 just to come out here is insane. Like, if you physically do something, OK, fine. At this point, I'll just fix it myself instead of drop $100 for someone to be like, "Just drop some ice down the thing and run it." He was really nice and helpful.

Description of Work
It was for the dishwasher.

07/17/2017

Allison Snyder T.

It was the way it was installed and he told us what to do if it happened again. The warranty deductible was $100. That was just for him to come look. I paid $100 for someone to come out here and be like, "Just put some ice down the garbage disposal." He was very helpful.

Description of Work
They had to deal with our dishwasher.

06/09/2017

Judi B.

They were a little higher then I remembered in the past. It took them an hour and a half to two hours to complete the services. They did a good job of explaining what they were doing and what needed to be done. What they did was good.

Description of Work
We probably had them out last year for general maintenance on the water conditioner.

Category water softeners

02/25/2016

Mary P.

They came and when he went back to the office he called and said that he realized the product I used had a lifetime warranty so I didn't have to buy any new fixtures. The owner had realized this when they spoke about my job. I am so happy with them. They didn't have to do that and they were amazing.

Description of Work
This was really interesting. I had leaky faucets and my tub handle would not work properly.

11/08/2015

Michele H.

My husband found Mark to be so accommodating with us in every way. We were concerned about the cost and he allayed our fears as best he could, however stating that until the situation was assessed underground, it was impossible to truly know the extent of the problem. Randy came out with a contractor, and they began to dig up the area, trying their best to keep as much landscaping as possible intact. They found multiple problems with the original construction of the house. There was a piece of tubing that connected the whole line to the house, and it was never glued together, but rather pushed together, dating the problem back to 2001. The sewage had been seeping underground into our front yard for a long time. Randy replaced this piece appropriately as well as the piping that had buckled that led out of the home. This occurred because no one properly supported the pipes with materials so that this problem wouldn't happen. They made sure that they put the necessary gravel where it was needed under the new pipes before placing the dirt back. Once I knew it was a huge job but not sure of how much financially it would cost, I asked Randy if we could make a second payment the following week if it was over $1300. He called Mark and Mark agreed. I found this to be immensely accommodating and remarkable for a company. In the end, we were fortunate that the damage was not as extensive as it appeared it would be. I cannot say enough positive things about this company and Mark and Randy. They waived the diagnostic fee and tried to keep things as cheap as possible. I know because I watched every step. In addition, the contractor they used cut off an hour of his work fee. We had used another plumber in the past, and their estimated fee for the service was way over what we were told by Mark. And Mark and Randy worked very hard to keep the estimate even lower than what they initially guessed. My husband and I consider ourselves very blessed to have chosen the right company to help us with our home crisis. I had read the reviews on Angie's List and felt that we should call them. I am so happy we did.

Description of Work
Randy had come out the week before and confirmed our fears that we had a sewer main break in some pipes leading out of the house. He came out with a contractor who supplied the backhoe and dug up the area in order to assess the extent of and fix the problem.

09/04/2015

Mikael M.

After initial written and phone call request for estimate following thorough visit to residence some time before), it took five days to get proposal. Cost estimate about 30% higher than other provider, but due timing constraint had to go with Alexander. Time between confirmation of proposal and execution or project more than one week, including three day delay due to missing part. Final work completion ticket limited in detail. New pump mechanism functioning well.

Description of Work
Removed non-functioning sewer sump well pump mechanism for main sewer sump at private residence and replaced with new equipment and connection to electric control board. Replacement of plastic sump well cover.

08/26/2015

Teal C.

Great experience. After finding that we had no water at 5 AM, I found Alexanders on Angie's List. Called the office at 7:30 AM. Was told that they would have someone out by roughly midday & that I'd get an update in about an hour with a better timeframe. Received a call then that the plumber would be to my house by around 10:30. He arrived on time. Super competent, friendly & efficient. Assessed the problem quickly, went to work fixing it, and was on his way by midday. I was really pleased with the customer service & that my issue was resolved in less time than expected.

Description of Work
Alexanders repaired the wire that leads to our well pump.

08/02/2015

Aaron L.

We noticed a wet spot in our ceiling and called Alexander Plumbing right up for the 5th or 6th time they have been in our house. Alexander treated it like an emergency and got out to our house right away, like the next day. The wax ring under the toilet in the bathroom the floor above was broken and allowing water (hopefully just water!) to escape into the subfloor. Rather than make a minimal repair and leave, the technician identified that the problem would repeat itself because the flange was poorly placed by the original plumber too low relative to the surrounding finished floor. He left for parts and returned soon with what he needed to make sure the chance this would reoccur was exactly zero. Alexander Plumbing Service is not the absolute cheapest option but it's the only company I will use.

Description of Work
emergency repair of broken toilet wax ring and replacement of bad flange install by the builder's plumber.

08/02/2015

Aaron L.

Installed an in-wall transfer valve and a handheld shower unit in my basement shower that I had purchased separately. Allowed me to assist him in order to accelerate the project and he ensured the placement was exactly how I wanted it. Did a great job at cleanup.

Description of Work
Added an in-wall transfer valve and a handheld shower unit to our basement bathroom shower so that we can use either the fixed showerhead or the handheld.

07/21/2015

Craig W.

Crew arrived on, did the work, and cleaned up. All were pleasant and knew what to do.

Description of Work
Installed sum pump in crawl space; installed 2 new outdoor faucets; installed new valve on line in crawl space

07/13/2015

Tamara B.

Not well. Here for a very short time and had no answers for me.

Description of Work
Cut hole in my ceiling and looked for leak.

06/24/2015

Gzifa A.

Ben was on time. He was very polite and intelligent and did a great job on the bath. Everything is beautiful. He was very willing to explain some unrelated minor repairs I asked him about. He gave me an estimate for some other work to be done which I thought was cost-conscious and I appreciated that. As soon as I get the money saved up I will call them back and get the next project done! :) A great job.

Description of Work
replaced faucets, diverter, and shower head in shower/bath.

06/14/2015

Mike S.

Showed up when scheduled. Explained what he had to do and completed in timely manner. There seemed to be a disconnect between the tech and the office. Office quoted me a pump to be installed. When tech arrived he asked if I had the pump or would be purchasing one from him. I told him the office quoted me a price with a pump. The pump he installed was different from the one I was quoted and the bill was adjusted. I was pleased with the service and would use again.

Description of Work
Installed sump pump

05/26/2015

Barbara F.

We've used Alexanders a handful of times since moving into our house in 2013. They fixed a few leaks and replaced our well pump (after diagnosing the problem and letting us know we needed a new one). They came back out to fix a pipe later that day and then return a third time to solve a sediment build up issue secondary to the well pump replacement. They are affordable and trustworthy.

Description of Work
Replaced well pump and wire

03/24/2015

Lianghuan H.

Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to Ben and to his company for the excellent job done. My kitchen drain gave me headache since I bought the house about 10 years ago. Early this month, the drain completely stopped. Having just joined Angies List, I found Alexander Plumbing Service one of the 4 Super Service Reward winners. So I called this company, explained my situation and my hope for a thorough solution. They sent Ben who did gave me a very thorough solution by replacing the clogged pipe in my basement. I was very much impressed by Ben's professionalism. I am an old man. It gives me peace of mind to know that I have Alexander to turn to for help if I have plumbing problems down the road.

Description of Work
Fixed the kitchen drain problem that gave me trouble for many years

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

03/20/2015

Deanna W.

They did everything very quickly, which was nice. Initially, I thought that the timing on the flushing wasn't correct, so one of them shortened the chain inside the tank. I'm not sure if that was the best solution, though. They seemed to know what they were doing, but the repairs that they did didn't last. Within 1-2 weeks, there was a leak again. I had gotten a lower quote, too, that ended up being more at the end. I thought that was too much for the amount of work they did; they were in my house for probably less than a half hour.

Description of Work
They fixed toilets that were leaking early last year for me.

01/22/2015

Chris B.

The entire experience went very well. The service person who came to site (Ben) was on time and well prepared. He had a new tank with him and was able to make the entire repair in a couple hours. The existing tank was damaged with a bad bladder. I was concerned the issue was in the well itself. He quickly identified the problem and resolved it! He not only did this but helped me understand the water system I inherited when i purchased this house. He was extremely knowledgeable, patient, and customer friendly (explaining the system to me in easy to understand terms). This was a great experience.

Description of Work
Fix a water tank problem as well as explain and educate me on a complex well system

01/20/2015

Michael H.

I never expected to get an appointment so quickly considering my issue was not an emergency. Alexander Plumbing not only showed up within a few hours of my initial phone call, but arrived on time, were courteous, and did an excellent job. The cost was extremely reasonable as well. I would highly recommend them to anyone, and will be using them myself for future plumbing needs.

Description of Work
Fixed leaky kitchen sink drain and inspected well water holding tank.

12/31/2014

larry G.

The scheduling was very smooth. They promply replied to my voicemail and scheduled service for the next day. They arrived on time and immediately knew what to do to fix the problem. He was very professional and polite and we chit chatted as he looked over the problem. The fix required a part they did not account for so he made several calls to find a local supply store who had one available then went and got the part right away. This was by no means their fault; it was mine, due to a lack of being able to accurately describe the problem over the phone. He came right back with the part and fixed the problem. I purchased an Angies Deal that initially he could not accept as he said my repairs fell outside of this deal. I explained as a customer what i thought the deal covered in the fine print and he agreed to take the coupon back to management. I received a voicemail a day or so later from their company telling me that they would honor the coupon after all. So what I am trying to saying is that few jobs go smooth but throughout this job, they were very flexible and worked to make sure everyone came away satisfied. This reason alone is enough for me to wholeheartedly recommend them; in addition to obvious quality of their work. The next time I have well problems I will be giving them a call.

Description of Work
APS came out to fix a piping leak coming from the pipes feeding from outside the house to the well tank and the rest of our interior plumbing. We had water everywhere and were without water until they could arrive. They replaced some piping, pressure gauge, etc and resealed everything. No issues since!

12/05/2014

Sean S.

Randy got to our house quickly and was polite and professional. We feel that we were very fairly treated in all respects, including price.

Description of Work
I called Alexander Plumbing for emergency service at about 9:15 pm on a Friday night. At about 10:35 pm, Randy, the technician was leaving our house, having completely solved the problem . In short, we had a leak at a fitting on our well pressure tank in the basement. It took about 35 minutes for Randy to get here, and 25 minutes to do the work.

10/26/2014

Connie B.

On 9/22, we found a leak under the kitchen sink, which apparently had been leaking for some time. We called Alexanders and a plumber arrived in 45 minutes. He was polite, professional and replaced the broken pipe after a quick survey. He cleaned up everything and we paid him. We were away for most of the next week and came back to find another leak under the sink. We called them on 9/29 and , again, they sent someone out quickly. He found the source of the leak, a rusty drain system that had been over looked at the first visit. He replaced the drain system, which involved accessing the area through a cramped crawlspace underneath the floor. Again, he was professional, polite and efficient. We paid the second bill, but questioned whether we should be charged another service call fee, as we felt the second leak should have been diagnosed during the first visit. After speaking with someone at Alexander, they quickly agreed to refund the second service call fee. ($35). A check arrived 2 days later. We would not hesitate to call this service again.

Description of Work
Inspected pipes below sink, found a broken pipe and replaced it. Had to return a week later to replace drain pipe that was not diagnosed the first time.

10/23/2014

Linda I.

I was able to get same day service. Ben arrived and was able to quickly find the problem and fixed it. No issues at all. I would give them an A++++ He was polite, kept me informed on what he found and what needed to be done, asked at the end if I had questions. The price was very reasonable and less than what we expected. They are our go-to company the next time we need plumbing repair.

Description of Work
Fixed leak in copper pipe in bathroom wall.

10/22/2014

Brian F.

Our water heater wasnt holding temperature. Randy came and took care of it all. Instead of trying to sell me a new water heater he took the time to trouble shoot and get to the problem. He tested the elements and found a possible faulty board. Here he could have sold me a new board but instead called the board's tech support line only to find out it was a covered part under my warranty (mind you my water heater was 7 years old) . His extra help saved me a few hundred dollars!!!! We have only been in the area a few months, but we have found our plumber. Extremely knowledeable , courteous, and patient with a home owner who ask a lot of questions. If you need a plumber, call Alexanders Plumbing and ask for them to send Randy.

Description of Work
Installed a part on the water heater replaced under warranty.

10/19/2014

Bonnie J.

The job was done quickly and neatly. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I had two leaking faucets and a pressure valve connected from the bladder that was leaking. The plumber came out on Friday and fixed the sink in the kitchen and the pressure valve to the bladder - $217. Low and behold the bathtub faucet started to leak Saturday night and I had to call them back out on Sunday. It was fixed within 15 min - $250 (Sunday call). They were right on time, very polite and knowledgeable.

Orbit Water Solutions

Orbit Water Solutions has been in the business of water for over 70 years and will continue to be in business once the current Covid-19 virus situation is under control. We are practiced and trained to adhere to all CDC recommended protections. We are a family owned business; your home is our home. We are considered an essential business and we are ready to help you with your home water needs NOW. If you wish to wait, we highly recommend you call us and get on our schedule now for the near future. It is our objective to educate our neighbors on the quality of their water and assist them in choosing the most effective way to make their home a pure water environment.

Atlantic Blue Water Services

Water Treatment - Water Testing - Well Pumps - Plumbing. Call for a free water test & evaluation! 24 hour emergency service provided!

DMV Pro Services

WE OFFER SENIOR and MILITARY discounts Up to 10%! ONE-STOP- SHOP, with over 15 years of professional experience covering all your home improvement needs. Our specialties include: Bathroom and Kitchen remodel, Interior and exterior Painting, Air Duct cleaning, Gutter Installation , house Cleaning , interior and exterior repairs , Carpet Installation, Flooring, deck maintenance. Our quotes are ALWAYS FREE! We are licensed and insured to deliver superior service. We guarantee great quality results on all projects offering fair and competitive prices. We take great pride in pleasing our customers! Give us a call today, we look forward to serving you!

Offers by DMV Pro Services on Angi

MasterCard, Visa, Check, American Express, Discover

Gas leak repair, plumbing, sewer & drain cleaning, remodeling kitchen & bathroom, septic tank, water heaters, water softeners, wells & pumps.