MCP Chimney & Masonry Inc

Founded 1994 • With Angi since July 2013

MCP Chimney & Masonry Services Inc. is the premier chimney and fireplace service provider in the greater Baltimore-Washington metropolitan area and the sole source provider of building, installation and repair services for numerous builders, property managers and several leading area fireplace and woodstove retailers. We are currently in our 16th year of operation and we are very proud of our company and take great pride in our professional standards and quality of work. We have earned a solid reputation in the community for being a quality service provider proven by our roster of over 20,000 satisfied customers. MCP employs teams of knowledgeable certified technicians and has implemented a service deployment plan incorporating an experienced management staff along with an enterprise software solution to deliver a cost-effective way to design, renovate or repair your fireplace, woodstove or chimney while delivering high quality service....

A Service Provider's profile image

+11 more images

chimney repair (35)masonry (15)fireplace services (12)chimney sweep (10)chimney cap repair (7)lawn & landscaping (1)

09/25/2022

Kemuel C.

Great work. Satisfied with they inspection they performed.

Description of Work
Chimney inspection

Category chimney sweep

Work Completed On 07/25/2022

03/27/2022

Elise O.

Reliable and honest company with reasonable prices and friendly employees. We will definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Chimney inspection

Category chimney sweep, fireplaces

Work Completed On 03/27/2022

03/15/2021

Thomas N.

installation of a gas insert fireplace

Description of Work
It was great! Every facet of the project went smoothly. Jason in sales was easy to work with, answered all my questions, and did not try to upcharge me at all. The gas installation went smoothly, and Chance and Mike were excellent in installing and hooking up the insert. We love the insert and are enjoying our gas fireplace !

Category fireplaces

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

12/01/2020

Kathleen M.

On March 12th and 13th 2020 MCP Chimney installers were replaced an existing knee wall in my back yard. I discovered my AC was not working in May 2020 and contacted my Home Warranty company who sent a technician on June 2, 2020. The HVAC tech was unable to determine an issue with my outdoor AC Condenser and reported to me it would be $680 for a line test and approximately $1500 to replace the line if that was even the issue. My Home Warranty would of course not cover this charge. I decided to replace the system after spending an excess of $1200 on refurbishing the condenser in April of 2019. In June BGE Home came to my home to replace my system where the installer reported to me that the" intake line was the worse pinched line he had ever seen." I could not for the life of me understand how this happened and only could assume it was related to replacing the retaining wall but had no evidence. I was archiving my pictures in my cell phone November 23,2020 and found the pictures that I was taking as the work was being performed on my knee wall. When blowing the area up on my phone it was obvious that the intake line had been re-caulked between March 12th and 13th. I contacted the owner Michael Pentifallo on November 30th where he contacted me immediately, he said he would speak to his installer of 12 years and get back to me. Michael Pentifallo did contact me again on 12/1/20 were he acknowledged that he spoke to the installer Jamie, and of course he said he knew nothing about it. He also said he went to my property on November 30th 2020 without my consent or knowledge, chastised me for not reporting this sooner, acknowledged that the caulk did appear different in the photos, but it was not them it was not the way the conducted business & he would see me in small claims court sense I reported it so late and had no evidence for him to review on site. How would I have evidence if it was discovered as the unit was being replaced? If his installer had been honest this matter would have been quickly resolved.

Description of Work
Existing knee wall replacement

Category masonry

Work Completed On 03/12/2020

Review for MCP Chimney & Masonry Inc - 28030 Ridge Rd, Damascus, MD - 39056795

11/04/2020

Greg S.

They did a great job, very personable and they clean up after themselves.

Description of Work
They fix our chimney.

Work Completed On 11/04/2016

05/22/2020

Sherrie K.

MCP did a fabulous job! Very professional, neat, and responsive to our needs. Great job, looks fabulous now!

Description of Work
Repointing and replacing bricks

Category masonry, chimney caps

Work Completed On 05/22/2020

[Member Name Removed], thank you for choosing MCP Chimney & Masonry for your chimney cap repairs. We are so happy you are happy with our work performed! We look forward to working more with you in the future. -MCP Team

02/16/2020

Bob B.

The process went well. The men showed up on time and got the job done quickly and very professionally. They cleaned up very well before they left. The men were very respectful of our house and yard as they completed their work. I will use them again to clean the chimney and keep our unit in great shape and safe.

Description of Work
We had our old fireplace removed and replaced with another.

Category chimney sweep, masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

Work Completed On 02/15/2020

Review for MCP Chimney & Masonry Inc - 28030 Ridge Rd, Damascus, MD - 38390370

10/21/2019

Catherine B.

They did an excellent job and we would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They put in a large retaining wall and replaced a flower bed or retaining wall at our home.

Category landscaping, lakefront landscaping

Work Completed On 10/01/2019

06/15/2019

Reenie W.

It went smoothly. I had the work done to bring the house up to code. It passed inspection by the city of Rockville, MD for the installation of a new water heater. Small holes in mortar joints were filled, too. The estimate was prepared by Justin Pentifallo and work completed by Chance Bradshaw with an assistant.

Description of Work
Installation of a stainless steel flue liner to properly vent appliances (water heater & furnace/ac). This required changing the pitch of a furnace pipe for adequate rise and addition of a tee to connect an existing vent to the new liner. Replaced the top plate and liner cap on the chimney.

Category masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 06/07/2019

Review for MCP Chimney & Masonry Inc - 28030 Ridge Rd, Damascus, MD - 37945391

01/23/2019

Lea G.

They came out to clean the chimney and let us know that it needed to be relined. They did the work quickly and for a reasonable price.

Description of Work
chimney cleaning and relining

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair

Work Completed On 11/30/2018

04/26/2018

elissa K.

not responsive to a request for a quote

Description of Work
quote for fireplace repair

Work Completed On 04/26/2018

03/23/2018

jon O.

Like doing business with local companies and this was no exception. Very courteous and professional. No surprises and answered all my questions. Did a great job. I would easily hire again and recommend to others.

Description of Work
After years of service, re-tune gas fireplace and replace noisy blower.

Category fireplaces

Work Completed On 03/13/2018

11/17/2017

delilah D.

MCP explains in layman terms everything going on with your chimney and makes it easy for the homeowner to understand. They take the time to walk you through the process and take a video of the interior of the chimney so you know what they are saying is true. My clients are always comfortable after meeting with MCP.

Description of Work
Inspections, quotes and repairs

Work Completed On 11/16/2017

11/17/2017

Dan Z.

We have 2 cracks for the chimney and wanted to have someone to look at it. Justin was very professional, he did a great work examing the chimney, the price are reasonable, we highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Chimney repair estimate

Work Completed On 11/16/2017

10/18/2017

Rick B.

They did a good job and finished ahead of time.

Description of Work
Flagstone walkway reprinted, porch brick piers reprinted, and stone steps installed for porch

Category masonry

Work Completed On 10/10/2017

10/05/2017

Laurie B.

I went with them because of what the guy said and his approach , but I didn't like the price.

Description of Work
They gave me an estimate.

Work Completed On 10/05/2017

10/05/2017

Laurie B.

They were good Their price was exorbitantly high, but they matched the price of other estimate I had and I used them. I don't want to share the price. I'll give them a D for the price, but then they came and matched my other estimates. Their initial estimate was a thousand dollar more than a couple of estimates. The initial cost was a D. Their bid was $1,300 over other bids, but they were actually doing more work. the quality was good.They needed a little monitoring, but they did a great job.

Description of Work
They redid everything. They put in a new liner.

Work Completed On 09/20/2017

08/14/2017

Nancy W.

It was an incredible experience. He does relining of chimneys. He was incredible. The fire box repair was like $2400 which was reasonable. I got several estimates and they were the most reasonable. Everything was done professionally. When they were finished there was no clean up. I'm a real estate agent so you know they've got to be good.

Description of Work
It was a big job because it was 2 flue lines and it included a furnace and a fire box repair. It included re-crowning the chimney, the furnace flue, the fire box flue, so there were 2 fire liners. We had a wood burning stove installed.

Work Completed On 06/01/2017

07/17/2017

Greg S.

I really like them. The guy was upfront with me and he had a nice flashlight. I think we had a communication breakdown because I was positive they said July 11th and when July 11th came and went and no one showed up. The lady called me back and told me I was down for July 17th. I just got out of the hospital and I was on a lot of medication so I could have misunderstood. They were supposed to be here at 8 and they showed up a couple hours late. 3 workers should up to do the masonry work and 2 more showed up to put the insert in. I would highly recommend them to anyone. Right now I do not have any complaints with them other than they were a little bit late, but it was not really a big deal. Every time I have called, they have called me back.

Description of Work
They fixed my chimney.

Work Completed On 07/17/2017

04/11/2017

Betsy R.

It went very smoothly. Mike came by initially to assess what was needed, and then was able to get two assistants there within two days to do the installation. As far as I can tell, everything went well, there were no issues when the HVAC was completed the next week, and all has worked perfectly since then. The guys who did the installation were very nice, cleaned up completely after their work, and put up with our cat -- so we couldn't have asked for more. They recommended and included the addition of a flex crown.

Description of Work
We needed a chimney liner put in as part of a total HVAC replacement.

Category chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 11/01/2016

11/23/2016

dee A.

Very well, they presented a couple of options for me to select a solution, that no one else did, I got 3 bids for this work. They arrived when they said they would & did what they were contracted to do, no surprises.

Description of Work
Re-pointing chimney and brick trim, re-pointing brick foundation wall and waterproofing interior basement wall.

Category masonry, chimney repair

Work Completed On 11/22/2016

08/29/2016

Jasmine W.

Perfect! Justin and his crew were efficient and super fast even though it was the hottest day of the summer, the new Chimney looks fabulous and I couldn't have found better, thank you MCP for an amazing experience!

Description of Work
Tear down and rebuild of entire Chimney that was leaning away from the house.

Category masonry, chimney repair, fireplaces

Work Completed On 07/18/2016