DHC Repairs and Remodeling (Dan Himmelfarb Co.)

Founded 1971 • With Angi since November 2006

DHC is a Montgomery County based general contractor celebrating our 44nd anniversary this year. We specialize in leak diagnosis and structural repairs as well as performing routine home repairs and maintenance. We also offer Design/Build services. DHC is a preferred installer for SIMONTON windows and patio doors. Many of our customers tell us they could not find anyone to solve their structural problems except for DHC. We warranty our work, carry full insurance and screen our employees. All of our employees are cross-trained in many skills including carpentry, drywall repairs, roofing and siding repairs, door and window installation and much more. Our helpful and courteous office staff is available from 7AM-4PM to speak with you about your home improvement and repair needs. Our goal is customer satisfaction. We always hope that once you've tried DHC you'll never hire anyone else for your home repair/home improvement needs. No job is too small....

TS Pressure Washing & Deck Restorations, LLC

Family owned & operated since 1985. We are a full deck & fence Restoration Company. I have up to 3 employees & no subcontractors. All estimates are free and no trip charges EVER. Owner, Kurt Sabaté, is a Certified Wood Restoration Specialist & bringing old-neglected decks & fences back to there like new original look. As a retired Chef, I handle all my business as if it were food, giving you the best product possible and presenting it as flawless as possible. My company is NOT in the business for the volume of clients, but in the business for the long term client relationship. Since taking over the business from my brother, Ted Sabaté, hence the "TS", I have a 100% success rate for customer satisfaction. My testimonials say it all on my web-site. I love what I do and so do ALL my clients. TS Pressure Washing & Deck Restorations, LLC is a proud member of the "BBB" and to this day still has an A+ rating & NO complaints. We also offer e-billing, as many follow up visits necessary to make sure the customer is 100% happy and follow up calls and or emails to ensure you are absolutely pleased with my work.

Pedro Guerra Lara Painting Contracting

Family business with plenty of experience

Fame Painting

With over 25 years of serving the Washington DC area, Fame Painting brings together quality service with expert advise! We provide the highest quality workmanship to protect your investment and will ensure that every surface is prepped and primed correctly to ensure the longevity of the paint. Complete satisfaction guaranteed and committed to quality and professional craftsmanship. ASK ABOUT SAVING AN ADDITIONAL 10% OFF YOUR WHOLE-HOUSE PAINTING PROJECT!

Offers by Fame Painting on Angi

08/24/2018

Chris M.

DHC is on the pricey side charging $200 an hour for two people. I doubt each employee was even getting half that plus $75 for a service plus $200 for materials. Besides the pricing the employees were professional and courteous. They let me know what the issue was and where the leak was coming from which was a tear between the room and chimmeney. In the end, the work seemed of high caliber and everything was found fixed from the year, to the moldy wood, to the leak stain on the ceiling, and they cleaned up very well. We’ll see how well there work is when the next storm hits.

Description of Work
Roof leak water coming through ceiling

Thank you for the positive review. We appreciate it when our customers take time to share their experience. We would like to clear up a few things that were mentioned in Mr. [Member Name Removed]'[Member Information Removed] review: 1) DHC is a general contractor with our own staff. We are fully licensed and insured. We have a one year workmanship warranty and have been in business for over 45 years. You get what you pay for! 2) We are prepared TIME WISE to repair a problem when we have an appointment. For a leak diagnosis (which this visit was) we cannot possibly know what'[Member Information Removed] wrong until we have investigated and in some cases hose tested. We cannot bring the required materials for a repair when we don't yet know what that repair is for! 3) This job was billed at time and materials. Our paperwork (offered to customers prior to confirming an appointment) clearly states that time to get materials is billable. We go to a supplier nearby for materials once we know what is required. If we discover a need for additional materials as we get deeper into a repair, then an additional trip to a supplier can be necessary. 4) This review shows a VA address. We do not service VA.

08/06/2016

CM C.

DHC arrived on time and after a cursory review, climbed into my attic and onto my roof. They located 2 leaks which they reported to me with pictures. They also reported that the other 'leaks' could be animal-related as the spots were oily. Gave them the go-ahead to repair the leaks and they left after 4 hours work - with everything cleaned up behind them.

Description of Work
Roof leak check and repair

02/21/2016

Gordon F.

DHC was responsive to my initial inquiry when other companies were not interested in a small job. The workers showed up as scheduled, were courteous, and did good quality work. The price was a bit higher than I hoped to pay. But again, other companies were not interested in this small job. I would use DHC again.

Description of Work
Repaired vinyl siding on a shed.

Category handyman service,roofing,siding

01/20/2016

Jason D.

Very well. The 2 repairmen were on time & very good. Company communicated well.

Description of Work
Re-caulked & re-grouted shower, re-caulked bath tub, fixed drywall, replaced faucet, re-caulked roof, repaired roof slates.

Category drywall,plumbing,remodeling,roofing

11/14/2015

Rebecca G.

Arrived early. Worked steadily and finished all within 4 1/2 hours.

Description of Work
Adjusted sagging gate. Coated metal roof. Caulked bathroom & powder room. Fixed loose board.

Category handyman service

07/22/2015

Camille B.

Mr Himmelfarb or one of his employees is always timely, accommodating and friendly. He has performed services for my mother, Nina Claicle for several years.

Description of Work
caulking and painting of outside window frames.

Category house painters

01/31/2015

Fred P.

A crew of two technicians performed the repairs and gutter installation over a three (3) day period. Each day the crew arrived at 8am (+- 15 minutes) and told me what was going to be done that day. At the end of each work day: all scrap was collected into plastic bags, all tools were returned to company van and I received an invoice along with an itemized list of that day?s repairs. The foreman inspected the roof and used his smart phone to photograph several loose shingles so that I could see what needed to be repaired.

Description of Work
Repaired and painted exterior trim rot on front, side and back of house. Replaced 5 inch gutters with 6 inch gutters and downspouts. Fixed several loose shingles.

Category gutter repair,roofing,woodworking,house painters

08/26/2014

Jeff M.

Great service- Called around 2 PM, they arrived by 5, done by 6:30. +

Description of Work
Board up window after B&E

Category replacement windows

04/09/2014

Roger F.

They did a super job. They know their business. They took care of a problem I had fro years. Other contractors did not fix previously.

Description of Work
Removed gutter at back of Townhouse cut out roof to extend roof. Stop leak coming into house. Did minor repair to wood exterior. Close all squirrel holes in house.

Category gutter repair

01/22/2014

ALTHEA N.

DHC was on time. They picked up the materials and went to work right away. Wilson patient and explained to me what they were doing and why. Later, they cleaned up well.

Description of Work
Custom built bookshelves for office and living room.

Category woodworking

DHC Repairs and Remodeling (Dan Himmelfarb Co.)

Founded 1971 • With Angi since November 2006

11515A MOUNTAIN VIEW RD

Damascus, MD 20872

DRYWALL, CARPENTRY, WATER DAMAGE RESTORATION, PAINTING; INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR, GUTTERS AND DOWNSPOUTS, HOME INSPECTION, CONCRETE WORK, BRICK AND FLAGSTONE REPAIRS, WOOD DECKS AND SEALING, DOORS, ROOFING, SIDING; WOOD, VINYL AND ALUMINUM, KITCHEN AND BATHROOM REMODELING, FENCES, WINDOWS- preferred installer of SIMONTON windows and patio doors.

Appliance repairs