Atlas Wood Floors

Founded 1989 • With Angi since May 2010

24800 Woodfield Rd

Damascus, MD 20872

Let Atlas Wood Floors, the area's leading hardwood floor specialist, make your current home your dream home. Atlas Wood Floors offers a range of flooring options from oak, bamboo, or cork to engineered, laminate, and all other species of hardwood flooring. We also install Luxury Vinyl Tile, a durable, moisture resistant product which comes in a variety of styles and has a realistic wood appearance. LVT is especially suitable for high traffic areas or areas exposed to moisture, but is becoming more and more popular for all rooms of the house. Atlas Wood Floors can recommend the product that will best meet your needs, decorating preferences, lifestyle, and budget. We can also refinish existing wood to make it beautiful again! Treat yourself to the superior services of this professional. For a free estimate on new installations and refinishing, call Atlas Wood Floors, Inc., 301-948-WOOD(9663)...

11/22/2019

lynn G.

Can not say enough about Atlas! Their quote was fair and were accommodating to changes we wanted. The work was superb- the craftsmanship was excellent! Highly recommend you go with Atlas!!

Description of Work
Install hardwood flooring

Category hardwood floor

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for your kind review. It was a pleasure working with you!

08/03/2019

Dina Y.

You cannot tell it was a repair! We would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Atlas patched missing pieces of hardwood under our old pantry and island as well as fixed a torn board.

Category hardwood floor

Thank you so much! It was a pleasure working with you!

07/10/2019

RICHARD W.

The floors look like new. Considering the house was Built-in 1967 that is saying and awful lot. I couldn't be happier and highly recommend Atlas floors as the best hands down. The owner James and Supervisor Zach Were responsive and their customer service was fantastic.

Description of Work
Wood floors refinished throughout house.

Category hardwood floor

Thank you for choosing us, [Member Name Removed], and thank you for the great review!

07/25/2018

jamie K.

I recently hired Atlas Wood Floors to refinish and repair hardwood floors in an older home. I got several bids before selecting Atlas and have no regrets - They did any amazing job and really stand behind their work. This is a family run business and they genuinely care about their customers and really go above and beyond. My floors are absolutely beautiful. If you are looking for someone to refinish your floors I would encourage you to work with Atlas Wood Floors.

Description of Work
Refinishing and Repairing Hardwood Floors

03/29/2018

Lawrence B.

Atlas made the wood floor and stairs beautiful. The floor and stairs looked miserable before they started, and the result exceeded anything we could have hoped for. Jorge and Jose were very responsive, punctual, and professional. They also did some repairs of a scratched floor, and it came out very well.

Description of Work
Refinished 80-year old wood floor and stairs

08/09/2016

Mary B.

Alex, their wood floor technician did an exceptionally job of quickly removing and replacing the damaged plank to our complete satisfaction.

Description of Work
I needed to have a plank replaced after another contractor drilled through our wood floor in the wrong place. Atlas Wood Floors responded promptly and gave us an acceptable estimate and quickly scheduled the repair.

07/14/2016

Erwin V.

In April of this year, we had all of our hardwood floors in our home (built in 1972) refinished by Atlas Wood Floors, Inc. This was done in anticipation of listing the home for sale. After calling to schedule an estimate, Mr. Michael Thompson, the company's president, came to personally review the job and provided a detailed estimate via e-mail withing 24 hours. We were so pleased with the very competitive rate we were quoted! Mr. Thompson was exceedingly professional in his manner, as well as being very pleasant and courteous to work with. He explained, ahead of time, exactly how the job would be done, and that his workers were all highly trustwothy and had been with the company for more than 15 years. The work on the floors proceeded exactly as Mr. Thompson had explained. His employees were indeed very skilled, careful in every detail, worked efficiently, and did a great job of minimizing the disruption to our home life. And the end result, was the best of all! Our floors came out so beautiful!! We couldn't have been happier, and our house sold within two days of it listing! We received many compliments from those who visited the home about the wonderful condition of the floors, all of which were original to the house. We feel very fortunate to have found Atlas Wood Floors. We will be using their services again in our new home, and would highly recommend the company to anyone who wants new hardwoods or to refinish old hardwood floors. Thank you Atlas Wood Floors!

Description of Work
Original hardwood floors refinished in 1972 home

07/09/2016

fred M.

They did an outstanding job and on exactly the time that I needed it accomplished prior to move in. The workmanship was superb and I am highly satisfied. I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Supplied & installed Bruce 3" Turlington engineered flooring in living room, dining room, hall, 2 bedrooms & kitchen.

07/27/2015

David C.

We had hardwood floors installed in living room, office, foyer, and dinning room. Atlas was great, everyone loves the floors. Would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
New Hardwood Floors

07/23/2015

Mary M.

The work went smoothly and the finish has held up nicely, nearly 18 months later - even in the kitchen, the floor of which had gotten seriously worn before, only three years after installation by another firm. They also managed to eliminate bleach stains on the top floor. I got the Angie's List Deal and paid extra for shoe-molding and a third coat of polyurethane, as advised - and the price was still better than the other estimates I received. The crew kindly moved out a heavy sofabed I hadn't been able to shift, without charge. Atlas was also very accommodating when I realized, after the first coat upstairs, that we would need to change the coating to something with a slight tint (from clear - my error) to match the other floors in the house. The final results continue to look great.

Description of Work
sanded and refinished recent maple kitchen floor and 100-year-old oak floor on the top level.

06/02/2015

Jim B.

Very good to work with. Punctual. The people who came were great, really nice, and trustworthy individuals. They did a really wonderful job and I wish I had done it years ago.

Description of Work
Hardwood Floor Refinishing

05/14/2015

Marney B.

Everything went fine and they showed up when they were expected. The floors are gorgeous now.

Description of Work
Sanded and finished hardwood floors (the bedrooms as well as the two rooms contracted for).

03/19/2015

Deborah A.

The floor finish has held up well since then.

Description of Work
Atlas refinished my floors. I had a poor result after the refinishing, contacted the company. They came out and refinished again.

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor,remodeling,floor cleaning

02/24/2015

BLANCH N.

There was a mix-up in what services would be performed. I told provider that I would remove all furniture from two of three bedrooms and when these floors were complete, I would put the furniture back and the 3rd room could be completed. I needed to save the approximate extra $400 for this service. My sales rep agreed. After the first 2 rooms were completed and I was told that the workmen could not come back until the following Monday. I called the company and the manager made arrangements for a crew to come out on that Saturday to complete the work. I am pretty sure that I did not get 2 coats of polyurethane because the workers on both days were in and out within hours and we were told we could walk on the floors in less than 24 hours. I choose the water-based instead of oil. The floors look nice and for the price, I am happy.

Description of Work
Refinishing hardwood floors - 3 bedrooms and hallway

01/22/2015

Terrence F.

Excellent process throughout. Talked to Jay the day after New Year's and we went from talking to installation in 20 days. The installation went smoothly and they did an excellent job despite fighting the cold and snow. From start to finish about six hours including a fantastic clean-up job. They also pulled up and hauled away the old carpet. There were some tough angles that had to be negotiated on the landing and it came out super. I thought the price was reasonable considering how the finished product turned out. I would definitely use again.

Description of Work
Installed hardwood flooring in upstairs hallway and landing.

01/14/2015

Nicole R.

This is based on a free estimate experience. Would highly recommend Atlas Wood Floors based on my overall customer service experience. Spoke with Jay on a Monday and by Wednesday the estimate was done. I received a very reasonable quote and am sure that they would have done an amazing job. I chose another company but it wasn't because I was disappointed with Atlas; it was personal preference. When I spoke with Jay, I didn't feel rushed to get off the phone. He really took the time to explain everything to me and answered all my questions. He was also very professional. He showed up when he said he was going to and sent the estimate in writing right away.

Description of Work
Free estimate for hardwood floor refinishing.

01/13/2015

Christy B.

They were fantastic. We would use them again. There was a little extra but they didn’t charge us much more for the extra. We had another little area that we wanted them to do. Their work was absolutely excellent. They were prompt and they showed up when they said they would. They worked very quickly but did an absolutely superb job. The floors are fantastic.

Description of Work
We bought the Big Deal for Atlas Wood Floors for hardwood floors.

12/31/2014

Michael C.

Great service and response, just not ready to use yet.

11/06/2014

Timothy N.

Atlas Floors did a great job refinishing our wood floors. The existing wood flooring was old (house built in 1988) and well worn. Atlas was able to sand out deep grooves and stained areas. They refinished the floors with a slightly darker stain (our request) and two coats of polyurethane. They also included and replaced all of the shoe molding. The project took 3 partial days (couple hours each day) and the guys cleaned up before they left each day. Overall extremely happy with the outcome. Will definitely use Atlas again.

Description of Work
Refinished 400 sq feet of wood flooring

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor,floor cleaning

10/29/2014

Lennox M.

It was beyond my wildest expectation of excellence. The crew arrived on time, did an excellent job of setting up the work site and completed the job in one day. The floors look absolutely beautiful. These are original wood floors from 1946 but you would think they were laid in 2014. The difference is amazing and I will be bringing them back to complete my living room floors once I tear up the carpet. In addition to the excellent quality of work, the customer service was great. Shannon, the office manager was prompt with responding to my inquiries. Andrew picked up the phone and followed up when I had job site questions. The crew left the plastic up (at my request) to deter my active toddlers from running on the finish while it dried. I wish I could post photos to showcase the difference because you would be amazed. I'm recommending the company to everyone I know with old wood floors like mine.

Description of Work
I purchased a coupon which advertised 285 square feet of wood floors refinished for $499. After purchasing the deal, Andrew stopped by to look at the floors which included a huge amount of dried glue because the previous owners glued down a parquet floor on top of the original wood floors. Andrew priced the cost of floor removal and shoe molding replacement which I declined so the final price was $499. What I appreciated most was that the ugly state of my floor did not make him doubt the fantastic look after the work was completed. I had this job priced four times before joining Angie's List and each contractor recommended a replacement floor.

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor,floor cleaning

10/10/2014

Brenda J.

Atlas Wood Floors was very responsive to my order. They came out, looked at my space and assessed what needed to be done. The workers arrived on time and proceeded to very confidently carry out their job. They did an excellent job of restoring my floors. I would have given them an overall rating of excellent but I feel there are a couple of areas (not with the work) where improvement can be made. I would like to have been given more information about drying time for the floors (without having to call and ask) such as when furniture and carpet could be put in place and when it was safe to walk on them with shoes on. Also, I was very disappointed that the company does not accept credit cards and doesn't have an online payment site set-up to take payments via PayPal. I had a balance to pay once the job was completed and had to write a check which I seldom do anymore. Otherwise, this was a very good experience and I would use them again!

Description of Work
Sanded and refinished existing hardwood floors.

10/03/2014

Andrew W.

Atlas Floors was able to squeeze me into their schedule before I moved into my house, which I really appreciated. The crew arrived at the job early. The finished product was great. I was extremely happy with the patchwork! You can hardly see the patch. The floors look great. It made a huge difference in my home. Overall I felt it was a great value.

Description of Work
Refinished floors in 900 square foot house. Patched 12 damaged boards.

09/29/2014

James B.

Atlas Wood Floor’s work ethic and customer service is top notch. The quote was fair and the work started and finished on time. The crew that was sent was prompt and friendly and the quality of the finished product was amazing. The prior home owners had done a terrible job trying to sand (deep sander groves were visible) and stain (not even close to the right color) the steps; Atlas Wood Floors returned them stair cases to their original glory. We could not be happier with the finished product. I would recommend them to any household who wants a professional wood flooring crew to do quality work and finish on time and on budget.

Description of Work
Sanded and refinished two flights of hardwood stairs and stained to match existing hardwood floor.

08/25/2014

Noureddine B.

Great Value, friendly people, great job.

Description of Work
Sand Floor and 2 coats

08/19/2014

James B.

awesome from start to finish! I rented out the house for 19 years, so the hardwood was pretty trashed by tenants, lots of scratches, some of them pretty deep. Atlas made them look brand new.

Description of Work
sanded and refinished LR/DR 4 bedrooms and hall way, provided transitions.

RENAISSANCE FLOOR & CARPET

At Renaissance Floor and Carpet, our team of specialists install high-quality flooring that will be a pleasure to behold for many, many years. We employ precision, care, and professional techniques in installing hardwood floors and new carpet, in refinishing hardwoods, and in repairing wood floors and carpeting. Our mission is always to achieve the precise look and end result you desire, Renaissance sculptor and painter Michelangelo created some of the most enduring works in Western art. We like to think we do something similar! . •Serving the greater Rockville area for over 16 years •No sub-contractors. Only in-house employees will work on your floors •We are licensed, bonded, & insured, and we proudly display our MHIC #91796 •Financing is available. Ask us for more info on financing your new floors At Renaissance Floor and Carpet, customer satisfaction and approval is our number one priority. We provide the finest flooring and carpet specialists, as well as the most courteous and professional customer service, you will find anywhere. With over 16 years experience in the flooring business, we and our in-house team of flooring professionals—trained by us in our methods and techniques—are well-qualified and dedicated to serving you. We use only the highest quality materials, and we pride ourselves on our service to the community. We are accredited by the Better Business Bureau, and we have an A+ rating on Angie’s List and Checkbook magazine.

Aladdin Carpet & Floors

Established in 1986, Aladdin Carpet & Floors is a local and family owned business. Starting it's operation from a basement of town home in early 1986 by four brothers and one sister, they were able to open it's first small showroom on Quince Orchard Blvd in the same year. Since then, other family members have joined the company. Currently, Aladdin has a 40 thousands square feet distribution center in Hagerstown, Md, a showroom design center with attached warehouse in Rockville, MD and a showroom with detached warehouse in Gaithersburg, MD. Aladdin Carpet is licensed and services Maryland, Virginia and Washington DC. Aladdin Carpet also has an online store at aladdincarpetoutlet.com, launched in 2012. Aladdincapetoutlet.com offers over 2300 flooring products to clients throughout the United States and growing. Visit aladdincarpetreviews.com to read real reviews from past and current customers of Aladdin Carpet & Floors. PLEASE VISIT US AT OUR GAITHERSBURG LOCATION AS WELL AT: 7400-H Lindbergh Drive, Gaithersburg, MD 20879.

Offers by Aladdin Carpet & Floors on Angi
    Carpet & Floor Express Inc

Carpet & Floor Express, a family owned business, located in Rockville, Maryland has been satisfying customer flooring needs in the DMV since 1991! We offer free estimates, shop-at-homes, product consultations and sales & installations of carpet, hardwood, laminate, LVT & ceramic. Our team takes the time to work with our customers in delivering the best products & services! From the first consultation to the day of the installation, we are here to make your renovations a smooth and easy process. Feel free to stop by our showroom as we would love to work with you on your future projects!

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express

Hardwood Flooring installation and refinishing. Stair installation/refinishing. Luxury Vinyl Tile installation.

Ask for details.