Mahon Plumbing Inc

Founded 1994 • With Angi since March 2005

Welcome to Mahon Plumbing Inc. We proudly serve the Baltimore/Annapolis region as your local plumber since 1994. We are a full service company offering quality plumbing, gas installation and services for residential, commercial and new construction. We have fully stocked vehicles that are ready to

Tankless Water Heater Installation

plumbers

202121146
Is a tankless water heater right for you? ⁃ Continuous Hot Water ⁃ Energy Savings ⁃ Space Savings ⁃ On-Demand Hot Water ⁃ 15-Year Manufacturer Warranty Call Mahon Plumbing, your local plumber, today to learn more and see if a tankless water heater is right for your home! (410) 766 - 8566
View project

plumbers (182)drain cleaning (19)water heaters (16)drain pipe installation (15)sewer cleaning (12)excavating (7)gas leak repair (3)well & water pump repair (4)

11/15/2022

Maggie W.

Hired Mahon Plumbing to replace a toilet at my moms house. Chris and the technician were knowledgeable and responsive. I had a great experience working with them and would hire for any future needs.

Description of Work
Snake and replace a leaking toilet

Category plumbing

Thank you for the five star review! We’re glad we could help clear the main sewer line and install a new toilet for your mom. Please let us know if you need anything in the future. We look forward to working with you again soon!

11/05/2022

Karen A.

I was charged $500, and they did not clear the sewer pipe. They told me that the clog was on my side of the property and not the city side so I would need to pay them $7,000 to dig it up and repair it. BFMD Drain Cleaning came out and told me that the clog was probably on the city side and I should call them again. I did and the city came out and cleared it. I would never use Mahon Plumbing.

Description of Work
I needed my sewer snaked

Category excavators, sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 11/05/2022

Good morning, we did have you contact Baltimore city after you had two other plumbers out before contacting us. You stated Baltimore City came out to snake the line and told you the clog was on your side after opening the manhole. We offered to video inspect the sewer line to determine that information and locate the stoppage, however you did not want to go that route. Instead we provided you a proposal like you requested. After we provided you the proposal I personally called the following day to discuss and received no answer or returned call. Unfortunately your review does not outline the order of events and leaves out details of the exchange. Please contact us directly if you would like to further discuss.

01/13/2021

Sarah G.

I've had Mahon at my house to fix big flood-scale plumbing disasters, and this time it was just a leak under our sink. They were great, and the plumber took the time to explain to us what was wrong, show it to us, and explain what needed to be done to fix it. These guys take care of us and we'll keep calling them in the future if we need a plumber!

Description of Work
Plumbing

Work Completed On 01/12/2021

Thank you for the review! We’re glad to hear you can rely on us time and time again. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

08/12/2020

John N.

I called at 8:00pm on a Tuesday night. The plumber came before 10:00pm as promised. He replaced a leaking shut-off valve and associated pipe within an hour. Cost was as quoted for one hour labor plus parts which were less expensive than expected. No extra costs for travel time or anything else. We will definitely use again.

Description of Work
Plumbing

Work Completed On 08/12/2020

Thank you for taking time to leave us a review. We love to hear you were happy with our emergency services. Thank you for your business and we look forward to working with you again in the future!

03/11/2020

Ilene N.

the company responded quickly to my call to the answering service. the tech arrived quickly and took care of the work expeditiously.

Description of Work
emergency service for leaking pipe

Work Completed On 03/10/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We’re glad to hear you were happy with our service across the board. From our answering service, response time, and quality of work. Thank you for the opportunity!

11/13/2019

Robert E.

Everything was great. They were able to get out here soon.

Description of Work
fixed toilet, shower with no hot water

Work Completed On 11/13/2019

Thank you for taking time to leave us a review! Glad to know you are pleased with our top notch service. We really appreciate your continued business!

10/11/2019

Jackie V.

It went amazing. Paid the extra bucks for emergency service, because of our smallish waterfall, looking leak, sprouting from a bathroom pipe, enough to puddle water onto our basement/laundry room floor. Initially, spoke to Chris, who was pleasant and upfront with the per hour fees, for emergency services. He sent us Tim, who was hesitant at first, due to the location of the leak, but his experience and knowledge, enabled him to decipher the location of our leak and fix it. A quick trip to Lowes, where he promptly returned and in 90 minutes, the job was done. A week later and the valve is bone dry. Yay!!!

Description of Work
Replaced leaky valve

Work Completed On 10/02/2019

Thank you for your kind review! We are pleased to hear that you were happy with our emergency service and look forward to working with you in the future!

09/05/2019

Mark M.

Provided individualized estimate, asking specific questions about the job.

Description of Work
Hot water heater

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 01/07/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad to hear you were happy with the customer service provided by Mahon Plumbing. Although we were unable to work together on this project we hope to work together in the future.

07/26/2019

James D.

Tim from Mahon plumbing did a great job! He was friendly and professional.

Description of Work
We needed a leaking faucet in our laundry room repaired

Work Completed On 07/26/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad to hear that you were happy with the services Tim and Mahon Plumbing provided on your emergency after hours service call. The cost of $154.00 included the labor and material to complete the job properly. We pride ourselves on providing the best price point in our industry for emergency calls without charging a trip charge like most of our competition. We hope to continue to earn your business and have the pleasure to work with you in the future. Thank you for the opportunity!

07/10/2019

David M.

He did a good job and the pipe does not leak anymore. They did it for a fair price. My only recommendation is they need to organize there truck better. The guy took a long time trying to find the correct part to replace the copper pipe.

Description of Work
Replace 10" of copper pipe that was leaking

Work Completed On 07/02/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feed back and will be sure to reiterate the importance of organization to our technicians. We strive to get the job done in a reasonable amount of time at the best value possible. Thank you for choosing us as your local plumber. We look forward to working with you in the future!

12/11/2018

Steve P.

First company I hired to snake the pipes in my basement did an awful job and it was backed up two days later. Mike from Mahon came out and did the job right. It's been months now and that utility sink doesn't even get damp. Would easily hire again.

Description of Work
Water backup in utility sink.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 09/13/2018

Happy to hear you were pleased with our service! Appreciate you taking time to leave us a review and selecting Mahon Plumbing for plumbing needs. Thank you for your business!

04/09/2018

PJ M.

Went very well. Plumber was able today replace the pipe in short work.

Description of Work
Broken shower pipe

Work Completed On 03/09/2018

Thank you! It was a pleasure working with you on your Baltimore property plumbing issue. We appreciate your business!

11/15/2017

Barbara B.

Plumber removed the old faucet and installed the new one efficiently. Very satisfied with the work done.

Description of Work
Kitchen faucet replacement

Work Completed On 10/30/2017

Thank you! We very much appreciate your business and would like an opportunity to work again with you in the future!

10/30/2017

Kitty P.

As promised, I received a call when to expect the plumber. The repair required 2 parts. After making a phone call, the plumber was to get one of the parts. One part was incorrect, so the tech did not charge for the extra hour it took him to get them. If you want or need a dependable group of plumbers, please try McMahon. Ann Marie, Mike, Tim and Chris, took care of all my needs and charged what I feel to be a reasonable price. I would not hesitate to recommend them for any work you may need. I'll be dealing with people that know what they are doing, and charging a fair price for the work!

Description of Work
A toilet bowl repair

Work Completed On 10/25/2017

Great to hear that you were so pleased with our service, quality and excellent customer service! We appreciate your business and hope to have the pleasure of doing business with you for many years to come!

10/02/2017

Mindy N.

Our home is about 9 years old and we were quite shocked to have a leak in our main water supply line coming from the street to our home. We contacted several plumbers and listened to their approach as to how they were going to determine where the leak was coming from and whether they were going to repair a section or replace the entire water supply line. After meeting with the different plumbing contractors, we learned different methods of running a new water main line since it appeared that we would need it. We received new pieces of information from each proposal. We did not like living without water, however; since it was a big financial commitment, we did not want to be pressured or feel rushed into making a quick decision. On Saturday evening we sent an email requesting a quote from Mahon Plumbing and much to our surprise, we received a call just minutes after the email was sent. An appointment was made for the next day (Sunday). Immediately after meeting Greg, the owner of Mahon Plumbing, we knew his approach was the right course of action. With 100% confidence, he knew we just needed a repair, NOT a replacement of the entire main water line. He quickly identified where the leak was originating and guaranteed that ONLY a repair was necessary thus avoiding any sidewalk, walkway, underground sprinkler system or landscaping damage. We knew he was the right person for the job. Greg was well EXPERIENCED, HONEST, UPFRONT, had INCREDIBLE INTEGRITY, AND RESPECT for protecting our home by NOT automatically approaching our project by using heavy equipment, tearing up our sidewalk, walkway, underground sprinkler system, and landscaping to make it an easier job. We hired him on the spot. We had lower estimates for the repair. Most people would have used his confidence of a repair and gone with the cheaper proposal; however, we knew that we would incur additional expenses to repair/replace our landscaping, lawn, underground sprinkler system, and walkway. In the end, if we chose the cheaper proposal, it perhaps would have cost us the same, if not more. It may have felt better to spend less upfront, but, in the long run, it was far better to hire the RIGHT person would do the RIGHT job from start to finish. It was wonderful to see our property taken care of with such pride, as if it were theirs. Our grass was restored perfectly and they even did a repair on our sprinkler line. They left our walkway, landscaping, lawn, and underground sprinkler system intact. Not only did they do a perfect job for us, they had respect for the BAY and cleaning up the debris so it wouldn’t wash into the sewer system. Sometimes you pay a little more up front, but it saves aggravation and additional unexpected expenses in the end. Separately every plumber submitted a proposal for a continuous running sump pump. Every proposal recommended that we needed to replace the sump pump. However, Mahon Plumbing suggested that it might only need to be repaired. Only the backflow valve needed to be replaced. Again, Mahon Plumbing’s approach was correct! A special thanks to everyone at Mahon Plumbing for performing perfect workmanship. If you are looking for a true professional, then Mahon Plumbing should be your first and only call. T

Description of Work
Repair/replace of the main water line due to a leak in the front lawn of our home. Also, to resolve a continuous running sump pump without any water being discharged.

Category plumbing, wells, drain pipe, sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 10/02/2017

08/31/2017

Seely F.

Mahon did an excellent job for me. The technician had to saw through a very large and hard root to get my pipe to flow downhill and he kept working on it until he broke through. He was very cooperative and went out of his way to make sure everything was right and I was satisfied. They called the morning of my appointment to reschedule the next day because it was raining and set me up for the very next day.

Description of Work
Replaced pipe running from downspout to curb.

Category plumbing, drain pipe

Work Completed On 08/30/2017

Thank you for taking time to leave us a wonderful review! So nice to hear you are pleased with Mahon Plumbing and our top notch service. We appreciate your business!

08/02/2017

Phill B.

Everything went well. The service techs were all friendly and professional. They even spent a little time with my toddlers who were in awe of them.

Description of Work
We had a leaky faucet in the kitchen and needed a pipe replaced in bathroom for tub.

Work Completed On 07/31/2017

Thank you for being a great customer! Working with you is always a real pleasure. We appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to leave us a review and look forward to providing you with our top notch plumbing services in the future!

07/12/2017

Dwight P.

They showed up ahead of schedule which was OK. They got to work right away and completed the job ahead of schedule. Well done!

Description of Work
sewer line replaced

Category plumbing, drain pipe, sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 06/19/2017

Thank you for your review and we appreciate your business!

05/11/2017

Barbara G.

This company is nothing other than excellent. A bit pricey, but you only get what you play for - and I got plenty. On Saturday afternoon, I found out that I needed a complete sewer line replacement. By late Sunday afternoon, I had one! The crew had to dig down about 10 feet to remove the broken line and then had to tunnel under my patio to get to the cast iron pipe in order to connect the new line. After the installation, the dirt was replaced, the area was seeded and covered with straw, and the sidewalks and parking lot were sprayed clean. Every single guy in the crew was friendly and knowledgeable. Special thanks to Gregg, Chris and Mike. I have recommended Mahon to friends and family and have already scheduled another job. If you need a good plumber, whether for something major or minor, I highly recommend Mahon Plumbing.

Description of Work
Sewer line replacement

Category excavators, plumbing, drain pipe

Work Completed On 05/07/2017

Thank you, we appreciate your time to leave us a review! Happy to hear you were pleased with our service and Mike, Chris, Greg and the crew were efficient, helpful and professional. We are thankful for your referrals to Mahon Plumbing - your local plumber to your friends and family. Again, thank you for your business and trust in Mahon Plumbing to get the job done!

05/04/2017

Robert E.

Work was completed within an hour. I was stunned at the price of $399.00. This was NOT an emergency call! It was scheduled as regular work. I have had other plumbers perform similar work in the past on an emergency basis on weekends and holidays for under $300.00.

Description of Work
Sewer line clean out.

Category sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 05/03/2017

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. Glad to hear you were pleased with our prompt and efficient service. We feel our prices are very competitive in this marketplace and our service fees were quoted to you at the time the appointment was made. We hope you will think of us for any future plumbing needs. Thank you for the opportunity and we appreciate your business!.

01/04/2017

Kelly R.

Really appreciate Mahon (Mike and Robert) to come out the day after New Year's to assist us. Our basement bathroom drain line had clogged and I had spent most of NYE day trying to use a plunger and typical off-the-shelf remedies to fix. This service qualified as a emergency call due to the holiday (as these things happen). We were the 7th customer they were scheduled to see. Luckily, they were in the area for another emergency appointment and were able to assist us earlier than promised. They were extremely careful in lugging the 250lb auger through the house and did not damage anything. They had the drain open and flowing within 10 minutes. Mike and Robert were super easy to work with and very professional. Awesome service! KR

Description of Work
Basement bathroom drain clean

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 01/02/2017

Thanks for taking time to leave a review and glad to hear that Mike and Robert were there to help!We truly appreciate your business and grateful for the trust you've placed in us. Please don't hesitate to call us if ever a problem should arise. We hope to have the pleasure of doing business with you for many years to come.

11/11/2016

Gregg D.

Toilets fixed, faucets were Kohler so they did not have the parts available.

Description of Work
Two toilets and a shower faucet fixed