Ballard Enterprises - Lawn, Landscaping, Tree Services

Founded 2003 • With Angi since August 2007

We are a full service Lawn Care, Landscaping, and Tree Service. If it's in your yard, our professional staff of qualified and certified technicians are here to help. We offer a full range of services, including: - Lawn Maintenance - Patios and Walkways - Fire Pits and Water Features - Outdoor

Patio InstallationStairs and Patio InstallationFlagstone Installation

4.4

tree service (270)lawn & landscaping (23)lawn care (22)hardscaping (17)mulch delivering (10)Patios (2)foundation repair (2)leaf removal (2)lawn treatment (1)

08/19/2022

GREGORY P.

Once again Ballard did a great job. The tree was next to a split rail fence and a shed. The guys brought it down carefully a piece at a time. They worked extremely efficiently and cleaned up great when done. Will absolutely use again. Thanks Ballard.

Description of Work
Large 30 year old maple to be taken down.

Work Completed On 08/19/2022

Review for Ballard Enterprises - Lawn, Landscaping, Tree Services - 1371 Saint Stephens Church Rd, Crownsville, MD - 39843066

05/20/2022

Denise G.

The landscapers started on the side. They continued on the side of the house. I went out twice to tell them to do the front. I had told the person who created my contract to do the front. I told the person from the office who arrived with them in the morning to begin at the front. I called the office twice to tell them the yard workers were not listening to me. The owner showed up 90 minutes before the time was up. He told the workers to work on the front. The did some work on the front. When I told the owner I was dissatisfied and had repeatedly told everyone to work from the front, he told me that his worker, Julio said I never said that.

Description of Work
Yard clean up beginning from the front

Work Completed On 05/20/2022

08/07/2021

GREGORY P.

The guys did a great job. Went over it with me before and after. Great attention to the pruning and perfect clean-up as usual.

Description of Work
Two 30 year old Maples pruned

Category landscaping, tree service

Work Completed On 08/05/2021

09/28/2020

David W.

complete front yard landscaping including pulling all shrubbery out, planting new bushes, new sod, wall around tree

Description of Work
A bit tough to get everything scheduled in a timely manner but quality work once they got going.

Category landscaping, mulch, tree service, hardscaping

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

07/29/2020

Evelyn L.

We love Ballard Enterprises!! We have been using their services for years. they do such a great job. they are prompt, cooperative efficient, and so dependable. The workers treat our property as if it was their own. When family and friends come over they always comment on our lawn and landscape saying "It looks so good! Your property looks like the White House lawn and gardens!!!" What better compliment can you get. I would highly recommend you give them a try. you will be happy you did.

Description of Work
Lawn work and Fall and spring cleaning, turf work , grass cutting

Work Completed On 07/29/2020

07/24/2020

Jeff H.

Tim and Dan were easy to work with and provided tremendous value for the money. We were preparing to see our house and needed the entire yard sodded and mulched. They worked with us on timing, gave us a great price, and the work was fantastic. We highly recommend.

Description of Work
Sod and mulch

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, foundation repair

Work Completed On 07/23/2020

07/23/2020

Desiree M.

Working with Arthur and the Ballard Enterprises team was a great experience. They did an amazing job with the landscaping, cleanup, and retaining wall. I nearly cried because I haven't seen the outside of my home look decent in so long. :-) The brick for the retaining wall is beautiful and it seems to "brighten" the home. Ballard also did cleanup in my back area and WOW! It looks great and no more walking through tall weeds and mint to get to my deck. I appreciate Arthur teaching me about hostas. I'm not a gardener and know very little about plants and had no idea that was in my yard. And I thought this would take a couple of days but they completed everything in one day. Also I appreciated the quick scheduling of the project and I'm sure my neighbors appreciated it too. :-) Would highly recommend Ballard and have already received many compliments about the work done. I've let them know who performed the work. And I would work with them again.

Description of Work
Landscaping/Cleanup/Replace a retaining wall

Category landscaping, mulch, hardscaping

Work Completed On 07/15/2020

Review for Ballard Enterprises - Lawn, Landscaping, Tree Services - 1371 Saint Stephens Church Rd, Crownsville, MD - 38741639

07/18/2020

Celestine V.

He did a excellent job. It started to rain and he said he would come back the next day and finish. I suggested he wait until the next cut since he lived quite a distant from me. Overall I was pleased with his work. C. Vaughan

Description of Work
He cut my grass cut.

Work Completed On 07/18/2020

06/26/2020

LaQuanta S.

Years ago, when our patio was installed, the contractor did not completely tie in one of the pavers. The Ballard team came in and assessed the situation, repaired not only that paver, but tightened up all of the pavers along the perimeter of our patio. That thing isn't going anywhere any time soon! The team arrived when expected, did a good job of cleaning up after themselves, and left me very pleased with the end results.

Description of Work
Patio Edging Repair

Category hardscaping

Work Completed On 08/24/2020

06/21/2020

Bernard L.

Scheduling the appointment was easy. Was texting me for updates on when the work would be scheduled. The work was done on the promised date. The landscaping work is very great.

Description of Work
Landscaping in the front and back yard

Category landscaping

Work Completed On 06/15/2020

Review for Ballard Enterprises - Lawn, Landscaping, Tree Services - 1371 Saint Stephens Church Rd, Crownsville, MD - 38660121

Thanks for the kind review. We're super happy that you like the work we did!

05/13/2020

Howard S.

Tree was leaning over garage, so we had to have it removed ASAP. They did the work then same evening as I called.

Description of Work
Take down and remove a tree

Work Completed On 05/13/2020

Thanks for the review. We're glad that we were able to take care of that emergency for you before it did any real harm or damage.

05/08/2020

Susan W.

I have my gardens mulched every year and this was the best job ever done. It looks wonderful! The workers arrived on the designated day and were very anxious to please. They did a great job. The neighbors have remarked about noticing the effort these people made and how nice it looks. The mulch was applied several inches deep and will do a great job of controlling weeds throughout the summer. I have already asked them to schedule me for next year.

Description of Work
Mulching and Spring Garden Clean Up

Category mulch

Work Completed On 05/05/2020

Thanks for the compliments! We're super happy that you're super happy! Thank you for the business; We sincerely appreciate it.

05/05/2020

Cathy S.

I was extremely disappointed at the level of work. They were eager to get my deposit but not so eager to actually do the work. Recognizing this is a difficult time for all --- I had to call three times to find out if I was on the schedule and was promised follow up that came in a generic email. The workers didn't know what they were supposed to do and they didn't even cut down one of the trees I asked for. I used them prior and they were good. I wasn't happy with the level of service at all

Description of Work
Clearing out the brush in my backyard and two trees cut down

Category landscaping, tree service

Work Completed On 05/05/2020

Ma'am: My name is Tim Ballard and I'm the owner of the business. I've let you a voicemail and email regarding your concerns. Please feel free to reach me directly on my personal mobile number. This review is the very first mention that you've made of any concerns with our work. Please call me. We stand by our work and aim to deliver a 5-star quality job. As for our scheduling: You signed your contract on 4/6. It states on the front page that the work will be done within 21 days of you signing. Also, right next to your initials, it states " We typically schedule our jobs a few days in advance of the due date and will notify you via email and/or text. Please do not expect a phone call from us before then, although you are welcome to call us anytime to inquire about our schedule". Also, on 4/6, we sent you an email/text stating that we had received your signed contract. That email/text says "*** WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT *** Unless you already have a date from us, you are now in our work queue. We typically do not set a date of service until roughly a week before the work is to be performed. When your job gets close to the front of the line, we will email and/or text you to schedule the exact day of service. We will not call unless we have no email or text number on file. If you have any questions in the meantime, please feel free to call our awesome office staff at 410.721.3066." We log our calls via caller-id into our system. I see that you called once, on 4/15 at 11:27AM, to ask about the schedule. Mindy informed you that you were still in the queue and had not been scheduled yet, but you should hear from us soon. On 4/19, you were notified via both text and email that we would be starting your job on 4/22, 5 days ahead of what we promised. On 4/22, the crew waited 30 minutes until the rep got there to show them what to do. He was a little late that morning. Ultimately, I believe that we did a great job on everything you asked for. If that's incorrect, please call me and I'll fix it.

10/30/2019

Tom A.

When Arborist Mr. Paul Fox confirmed that our beloved apple tree's days were numbered we knew it was time to bring it down. Mr. Fox really knows his trees and answered all my questions in detail. We also had some pines that needed trimming. The price was very fair. The crew did a great job, worked quickly, and were very nice. They left us a good bit of firewood and even stacked it in kind of a semi Stonehenge layout that we loved. I highly recommend Ballard Enterprises for any and all tree service!!

Description of Work
Tree Work

Work Completed On 09/30/2019

Thanks for your business and the great review!!!

09/20/2019

Coty S.

The people that did the work we're wonderful I E.mail the lady in the office about the 100 dollar off coupon I had never heard about I'm upset about that.

Description of Work
Tree pruning

Work Completed On 08/13/2019

Hello. My name is Tim and I'm the owner of the business. I'm sorry if you didn't get an email response. We get a TON of junk mail and sometimes important stuff falls through the crack. I've just sent you an email to the address we have on file so that we can get it straight. Thanks!

09/12/2019

Scott & Maureen Z.

They did a decent job. The customer service part after they're done is non-existent as they didn't provide a follow-up. A couple of weeks after the service was finished we discovered that there were some patches of grass that were turning brown and were getting worse as time went by. They also cut our phone line which took weeks to get resolved. This all seems minor but if I'm paying that much money to get a major landscaping service done I expect better service.

Description of Work
They did a major landscaping project for me. They regraded/re-sodded part of my backyard and side of my house. They also put in a drain system to the side of my house that shoots water out to the front of the house.

Category landscaping

Work Completed On 06/12/2019

Dear Sir: I'd like to address your concerns individually: 1) Your phone line - We did indeed have Miss Utility Mark your property. Proof of which, in the form of a Miss Utility Confirmation Email, was provided to you. It clearly says that Verizon was "clear/no conflict". However, it was not marked and when we were digging, by hand, the cable, which was buried only 2" deep, was cut. Yes, this is unfortunate, but our employees do not have X-ray vision and we don't dig with spoons. We immediately notified you of the situation and told you to call Verizon. We would do that for you, but since the account in not in our name, they wont even talk to us. It is also unfortunate that Verizon took several weeks to complete the repair, but they do not work for me and are not under my control. If I remember correctly, I even offered to come back ,a t no charge, after verizon to repair any damages that they might cause during their cable installation. Please tell me how I could have handled this differently, within reason, to provide better service to you? I believe that I did everything that I could, but if there's something else I could have done, I am genuinely all ears. 2) Follow Up - When the job was completed, we walked the property with you to make sure that you were satisfied with the work. We also showed you how everything worked. We also provided, in writing and several times, very clear watering instructions for your Sod. The watering instructions very clearly say that if you don't water enough, your sod will fail. Our instructions tell you how and when to water. On July 5, after weeks of extremely hot and dry weather, you emailed me with a few pictures of your lawn that had some brown spots, which were clearly due to a lack of watering. I responded to, literally within 5 minutes explaining that it has been extremely hot and that the grass needed more water. I further explained that an occasional rain storm would not provide enough water. Lastly, I answered all of your additional questions about your drainage and a potential irrigation system. Furthermore, I visited your property within 2 days of that email to physically verify what I say in the pictures you sent. The sod had indeed rooted satisfactorily, but was dry due to a lack of watering. 3) You gave us a "D" for quality - We performed exactly to the specifications that were agreed to in our contract. We used high-quality materials and installed them in accordance with manufacturers specifications and industry best practices. You were very happy on the day that we did the work because everything looked fantastic when we left your property. It wasn't until a month later when you contacted us about the brown spots in your sod, which were caused by a lack of watering, not a lack of quality. 4) You gave us a "C" for price - You were provided with very clear, firm pricing in our initial written proposal, well before you signed a contract, any work was performed, or any money was exchanged. You were billed exactly the original, agreed-upon amount at work completion. You 100% knew our exact pricing prior to hiring us. Our pricing never changed. There were no hidden fees, additional fees, or anything of the sort. I'm ALWAYS willing to help a customer. If there's anything you need, please contact me directly. I'm the owner of the company and will be happy to answer your questions, provide advice, and when appropriate, offer warranty repairs or additional services. I genuinely mean that. Respectfully, Tim Ballard

05/23/2019

Susan W.

I was very pleased and impressed with the quality of the workmanship and the courtesy and dedication of the staff. They were very anxious to please me and careful with their work. They arrived on the date promised and there was a manager who made sure everything was being done correctly. I was so pleased that I asked them to put me on the schedule to renew for next year. Susan Williams

Description of Work
I hired this company for the first time this year to do a spring clean up and mulch my property, including a large wooded area in the back yard and gardens all around the house. They also applied pre-emergent weed control and fertilizer to the gardens and trimmed bushes as needed.

Category mulch

Work Completed On 04/17/2019

Thank you for your feed back and thank you for the opportunity to serve you. We strive for excellence in our work and it is appreciated when our customers let us know they were pleased with our services. Sincerely, The Team of Ballard Enterprises

03/12/2019

GREGORY P.

This couldn't have gone any better. The guys (as always) were polite, professional and extremely efficient. We walked the job before and after and it was done perfectly with excellent clean-up. Will use again. Big thanks to Ballard !

Description of Work
Large cherry tree pruned. Three piles of broken branches from ice storm removed.

Work Completed On 03/11/2019

01/23/2019

Rudy R.

Very knowledgeable and skilled team! Punctual, courteous, and thorough. Work was finished on time, and yard looked good-as-new!

Description of Work
Tree removal

Work Completed On 01/23/2019

Thank you Mrs. [Member Name Removed]! You are a great customer and were so happy your satisfied with the finished project. We can't wait to help you with your next outdoor project!

12/07/2018

Frank R.

Showed up when promised. Worked as appeared in the estimate and follow-up invoice. Cleaned up. And, most importantly, didn't disturb the neighbors! Excellent work. I'll use them again.

Description of Work
Multiple tree removal

Work Completed On 11/16/2018

Thank you Mr. [Member Name Removed]! We look forward to helping you in the future.

06/06/2018

GREGORY P.

Went great. The guys were right on time. Went over the job in detail before starting. Worked very efficiently with perfect clean-up when finished, Very professional and polite. Will use again. Great Company.

Description of Work
Needed some pruning on 3 large maple trees.

Work Completed On 06/06/2018

Thank you for the great review Mr. [Member Name Removed]! We look forward to helping you with your next project.

05/09/2018

Leanne M.

The crew was punctual and professional. Trees were removed quickly, and neatly.

Description of Work
Removal of multiple dying black walnut trees

Work Completed On 04/18/2018

Thank you Mrs. [Member Name Removed]!