Via Appliance Repair

With Angi since June 2015

2.9

2124 Baldwin Ave.

Crofton, MD 21114

Via Appliance Repair took off in 2005 as the fourth generation of a family owned and operated appliance company. We have kept the family atmosphere as the business has grown and are extremely proud of our Via family members and the community outreach we do. Teaming up with VET2TECH, we've established our Military Apprentice program, ensuring service members can use their skills to continue helping their community. Through our Whirlpool partnership, we've also helped generate donations for several customer chosen charities. Sponsoring teams and events, we've participated in Polar Plunge, Wounded Warriors Project, and blood drives. From reuniting lost dogs with their families to local community events, we strive to approach all things with the same people and animal friendly service that we provide from the moment you call through the duration of your repair. ...

07/09/2022

Janice M.

3 visits by the service technician and $350 dollars later the problem still existed. Was not making ice. Last visit the tech said it could be 1 of 3 things wrong but it would cost an additional $750. We did not have the work done(wasn’t sure how much more money we wanted to invest in this piece of junk). The tech left and my husband went to get something from the refrigerator and the whole refrigerator was NOT WORKING. He came to fix the ice maker and wound up breaking the whole refrigerator. We called immediately and was told they would send an emergency tech . Hours later, many phone calls to them, no one ever came or called to say they weren’t coming. I threw out an entire fridge full of food. Very poor customer service. Will not stand behind their technicians work!

Description of Work
Was unable to repair KitchenAid refrigerator ice maker.

05/13/2022

Jackie M.

My KitchenAid commercial Range Hood stopped working (fan not starting) early March 2022. So I called Whirlpool to schedule a service and got technician from VIA Services. The first technician was apparently a junior, not knowing much, asked me to order $150 parts but turned out not fixing the issue. Then a few days later, second technician came and diagnosed it was the fan and replaced with a "new" fan right away. But that fan turned out to be defective, which stopped working after 2 days. Since then, I have called VIA services so many times, they kept saying a new fan is in back-order and they don't have ETA even after more than a month. After 1 and half months and around $1000 spent with VIA Services, I am still waiting for the fan to be replaced and they don't even know when it's going to be available and keep pushing me to Whirlpool.

Description of Work
My Whirlpool commercial range hood needs to be repaired

05/09/2022

Kathi W.

We bought a new Kitchen Aid refrigerator a few months ago and the door flap on the left door wouldn't seal the refrigerator when the doors were closed. After trying to level the refrigerator ourselves, we contacted Kitchen Aid and they contacted Via Services since it was under warranty. Tanner came out and was awesome. After leveling the refrigerator we still had the issue, so he took the door off and found out the lower left hinge was bent. Naturally he has to order the part, but he told us things we could do to mitigate the problem until the hinge comes in. After that, he looked at our other KitchenAid appliances and said we were ok on our oven & microwave and what we could do to help our dishes dry better in our dishwasher. In other words, Tanner went above and beyond what he was supposed to do. He was friendly and extremely knowledgeable with all our appliances. Have to admit, this was the best appliance service visit ever. We got lucky having Tanner come out and hope he's the one who will return with the needed part.

Description of Work
Refrigerator door issue

03/24/2022

Kristin W.

Microwave stopped working 1 year after purchase on our microwave/oven wall unit. Unfortunately we had to use this company because of the warranty, even though i didn’t want to due to a prior incident. (A few months prior a tech came out to replace the ice and water dispenser on the door on our 30 day old fridge. A few hours later it stopped cooling and we lost all the food inside.) A tech came out to diagnose and didn’t even pull the unit out to diagnose the problem, just ordered a bunch of parts and left. Two months later the parts arrived and a different tech came to fix the problem. He replaced almost every part on the entire microwave unit and then figured out that it was an different problem. Luckily he searched for the part and came out quickly to repair. The microwave does work now, however when closed normally like I’ve been doing for over a year of owning it, it often doesn’t start and the door has to be pushed tighter. Called whirlpool back and they sent a VIA tech out twice to fix but tech says that it works as it’s supposed to. I tried to explain that it never worked like this before but he kept saying it worked fine. He was very short and annoyed with me. I asked him to report to whirlpool that I’m not happy with this repair and he said he would. I tried to live with it for a few weeks but it makes me so mad that I have to keep pushing the door to work so I called whirlpool back - but their record doesn’t show that this problem still exists, the report from VIA says it works as intended. So now Whirlpool won’t send anyone else out. I will probably pay for a more competent company to come fix.

Description of Work
Microwave fix

02/01/2022

Carlos G.

What an absolute nightmare Via appliance is. I deal with several vendors on a daily basis but working with this company has been by far the worse of the worse. The service was sent by my manufacturer's warranty (Whirlpool) for the repair. We scheduled an appointment on December 15, 2021. They came out diagnosed the problem, the stackable washer/dryer need it a new transmission. The technician said he need it to order the part and bring a second Technician to do the swap. I didn't heard from them for over a month. I contacted the company twice, the first time they said the part was backorder (funny because I own a computer and I was able to find the original part in no time) the second time they said they were waiting on Whirlpool to approve a second Technician. Finally we scheduled "the repair" for Wednesday, January 26, 2022. Two Technicians showed up and instead of fixing the machine they made it absolutely worse. When pulling the machine out of the laundry room they DROPPED the machine, not completly to the floor because it landed on the back wall of the laundry room . The level of incompetence is unbelievable you will think that doing this for a living you will have the skills to pull a machine out of a closet between two people. Is not rocket Science. They completely destroyed the heavy duty dryer vent not to mention the damages to the wall, the door, and the door frame. After they replaced the transmission the Technician ran the machine for a few seconds and said it was fixed. I manage a crew of painters and handymans so I told them not to worry about the wall and door frame damages. Once they left I ran the machine a little longer and open the water valves to do a full washing cycle. With in minutes the machine was leaking from the bottom of it. After inspecting the machine I found several damages to the electrical panel board and the access panel aside from all the water leaking from the bottom god knows what else is broken inside. But wait it gets even worse! I called the office immediately told them what happened, send them pictures and videos. Tracy one of the office people sounded like she was helpful and was trying to sort things out. I asked her if I can talk to a superviser, she said they were busy. She said they will call me right away. They never called. I called back the next day I asked to talk to Tracy they said she was busy but will call me right away and offcouse she never did. Friday, 3 days later I called again and got in touch with Tracy basically she didn't say anything new other then reading her notes back to me, she said they have the pics and the videos. Again I asked to talk to a superviser she said I just talk to him and he is going to call you right away. I ask her to schedule a repair for early next week she said maybe Tuesday but she will confirmed once the superviser calls, offcourse that never happened. Today is MONDAY, JANUARY 31. Its been 45 days since their first visit and the machine is worse then what it was before. I will update this review once they come out on Thursday 2/03/2022 and Im sure the nightmare will continue. I will contact Better Business Bureau and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). This is absurd if you can't provide good technicians at least provide good costumer service.

Description of Work
New transmission

02/03/2021

Shaina S.

They messed up our grill and fan which was working perfectly fine before. And they are unable to repair it as they don't have the parts. Now my completely functional cook top is non functional. The supervisor is trying to reach me as per the customer service and I have no messages on my mail box and no missed calls.

Description of Work
Fix the cooktop

01/05/2021

Robert S.

Had the lock go on my HE washer. It was under an extended warranty from HD. Via Services came and looked at it. Figured out the issue and came back to repair. Took a while for the parts to come, but that's beyond their control with everything going on. They came back and fixed the washer and it works great. Tech was on time and did the job quick. Time for them to come out and inspect, and then repair after the part came in was quick. No problems.

Description of Work
Washer Lock replacement

01/05/2021

Cedar D.

They did not fix my dryer properly and I didn't realized after they left. I don't recommend them. I sent them a message 12 days ago and not heard back from them.

Description of Work
I hired them to fixed my dryer.

08/04/2020

Horace L.

Great job! Technician (Rich) came on time as arranged. He quickly diagnosed the problem and made a temporary repair to get us back on line. After ordering the correct replacement part he returned and got the appliance back up to full working order. Very competent and very responsive!

Description of Work
Troubleshoot and repair of Jennair gas cook top

07/06/2020

Daniel R.

Did they just break my Dishwasher to get more money? Not a good business model. We started with a Kitchenaid Dishwasher with a diverter arm that stopped spinning. It was still cleaning, but not as well. The technician came out, pulled the dishwasher out, tinkered with it a bit and put it back. We were charged $120 and told that we needed $715.31 in repairs (A Sump Motor assembly and controller board.) Actual repair needed - diverter motor $120. (Fairly common apparently...) We now have water pouring out of the dishwasher all over our floor. We started with a Dishwasher that worked, but not as well as when we bought it and now we have one that is flooding the kitchen and cannot be used. Thanks VIA! Great Work! Would you pay for a $715 repair of the wrong part from a company that charged you $120 to break your dishwasher worse? - Neither would I. I wouldn't let them into my house. I called VIA - they danced around with a standardized spiel and asked if I would like them to repair it - for $715? I asked them to have a manager call me back... Thanks for listening - oh and go somewhere else.

Description of Work
Dishwasher arm not spinning.

06/16/2020

Sara D.

Usually I do not leave reviews however, if this review can save ONE person the arrogance and ignorance I experienced, then its worth my time. I had the displeasure of working with this company twice, the last time being today (6/16/2020) when I asked the tech to leave my house. This company guarantees parts for up to a year if you pay them directly. If you’re 6 months into you manufacture warranty when this company performs work on your appliances, they will only cover the parts for the remainder of the manufacture warranty. They say “trust our service experts”. Never once did I come into contact with an expert. In fact, I had to educate the tech on the parts of my range. But, hey, they are whirlpool experts!!! If you decide to read this review and find out for yourself what kind of company this is, I hope you never run into a issues because the “highest level” of management, Lindsay, will hang up on you. When I explained to Lindsay how the tech who was less than educated on my range not only asked me to clean the internal glass pane but told me to “put some elbow grease into it”, she tried to spin the conversation and blame me!! She spent her time taking up for the tech and trying to explain how I “THE CUSTOMER” was wrong. Nothing will be settled because she will not hear me out. As I write this review my oven door is laying on my kitchen floor. I’m warning you, DO NOT use this company!!! I am so glad that I used my better judgment and asked the tech to leave before they scammed me into paying $120 in service fees and the additional money on parts. WHIRLPOOL - DO BETTER!!!!

Description of Work
Repair on previous repair performed by VIA

06/02/2020

Ben H.

Washing machine had an error code which pinpointed exact part that needed to be replaced. I already knew which part but played dumb for the technician. He arrived after his appointment window and proceeded to lie and tell me there were a host of repairs needed, and because this is a stackable unit he needed to bring a second technician at an additional $125 cost in addition to parts and labor. In the end, he spent 15 minutes guessing what the problem may be, gave me an estimate more than a new washer ($800+) and recommended my best course of action be to buy a new washer. I call a second company who came out on time, saw the error code, walked out to his truck to get the part and was finished the work in under 20 minute for a total of $150 for service call, part and labor. The new technician told me when he saw the error code exactly what part was needed. He recited it from memory...which matched what the manufacturer has listed on their website. How can the technician from Via be so incompetent?

Description of Work
Small Part Replaced, Error Code on Machine Indicated EXACT Part

08/31/2019

Kristan H.

Contacted the company as referred by Home Depot. Amy, the contact, was very responsive and polite. Set appointment, called the day before to give me the time frame the tech would be here and provided me with the website way of tracking the progress of the tech. When the tech arrived, he looked at the machine, started it and listened to the noise. Told me with the $120 diagnostic fee, labor and the part which would have to be ordered the cost would be @ $300. He then stated that his suggestion would be to purchase a new machine (which I had already considered if the cost was over $300). I really appreciated his honesty. He further stated that the noise might be irritating but that it was not dangerous to continue to operate the machine. In the end he stated I could just state that I didn't want the repair and he would wave the diagnostic fee! Wow. That kind of integrity is not usual business and I really appreciated it. Even though I did not have the repair completed I was extremely impressed with both parties that I had contact with and will definitely call them again when needed.

Description of Work
Maytag Dryer making a loud noise (bought in 2005)

06/03/2019

Travis H.

I have a Whirlpool refrigerator from IKEA that has stopped working 4 times from Oct. 2018 to May 2019. None other than VIA Appliance Repair from the Washington DC area has been the servicing technicians during those outages. Rather than replacing the unit, VIA Appliance Repair insists that they can fix the refrigerator. Due to either their incompetence of fixing the refrigerator or their inability to pressure IKEA to replace the unit, I've lost over $1,000 worth of food due to my fridge and freezer going out. Also, their responsiveness for home repairs is atrocious. I've never once had them come out within a 48 hour window from when I reported the issue. During one of the refrigerator outages, I was without a functioning fridge for 2-3 weeks while they pittled around doing nothing. I'm going on day 6 of my 4th fridge outing and I'm still waiting for repairs to be made. I do not recommend this company at all. I've experienced nothing but frustration and stress dealing with this company. I've had to toss numerous trash bags of food away every ~2 months. I have zero faith in their ability to repair appliances and you should too.

Description of Work
Refrigerator repair

09/04/2018

Gordon G.

We have an extended warranty plan for our appliances. The refrigerator was iced up inside. The warranty company sent VIA Services. The technician was wonderful. He explained each step and what had to be done. He replaced the defrost drain line and added a "P-trap". The work was completed and the tech was outstanding.

Description of Work
Refrigerator was iced up.

08/21/2018

Jim L.

I don't know how much of a choice of service providers I had, since Jenn-Air's customer service office directed me to this company for our repair. But I was completely satisfied. Jerrell was punctual, professional, knowledgeable and quite pleasant. While the repair was expensive, I have no point of comparison for how competitive VIA's rates are. However, Jerrell was able to determine that the parts he needed were still under warranty, thus saving us a lot of money. Moreover, I give VIA high points for their scheduling, since they use an efficient automated system to confirm and guarantee their service professionals arrival within the narrowest possible window. I would definitely call them again -- for our Jenn-Air range or any of our appliances.

Description of Work
Home -- stovetop of Jenn-Air range

08/20/2018

Cece W.

I am a very dissatisfied customer. Via Repair diagnosed my beverage center as needing a new compressor, but when the repair crew arrived, they told me it wasn’t the compressor, but a coolant leak which is not repairable. While they did refill the coolant as a temporary fix, I will need to replace the unit. My issues are a) I was never told, “it might be the compressor, but we won’t know until we open it”, at which time I would have weighed buying a new unit and b) I was still charged $450 labor for replacing the compressor which was NOT replaced! The repair crew was here for less than 45 mins. So at the end of the day, I paid over $600 for a repair that was not done. I made repeated calls to Via to reduce the amount of labor I was charged, but to no avail, “sorry, but that’s our policy” was the response I got.

Description of Work
Beverage Center stopped cooling

08/15/2017

JANET C.

They did something to our oven under warranty, so that was a freebie. It was all good.

Description of Work
They replaced a part on our oven that was a defective.

08/15/2017

JANET C.

They were recommended by the company who all our appliances are from. It went fine, it was just frustrating because the dishwasher wasn't very old and the control panel had went out, so they had to replace that part. Part of it was covered under warranty, part of it was not. The frustration was with the appliance and not the repair. Actually, the repairman was very good because he told me how to go about getting them to cover part of it, so I thought that was nice of him. He said tell them you want this and this. He said they might cover all of it; they might cover part of it. So, he was very helpful with that. On the price, I give them an A; this is what they charge, of course, I think it's expensive, but you know.

Description of Work
They repaired a dishwasher.

04/24/2017

Ranbir K.

The Good; The personnel are: Professional; Punctual; Knowledgeable; Have Access to Whirlpool Technical Support The Not So Good: The personnel are: High Priced; Arrogant (see below). The first Technician looked at the refrigerator and diagnosed the problem as a "Defective Thermostat" requiring replacement. Part was ordered and was replaced by a second Technician. The refrigerator did not start functioning properly. Key thing is that the Technician did NOT TEST the thermostat but (in my estimation arrogance After calling Via Appliance the first Technician showed up and

Description of Work
Whirlpool Refrigerator was not functioning properly. Set up service through Whirlpool (they are approved service provider).

03/30/2017

M Sue G.

Technician arrirved during estimated window and was polite . Before even looking at dryer said would not be repairing today because he had no parts on truck. Spent more time looking at his computer than on at my dryer. Finally got codes and then said could t get part. Still had to pay $120 service call fee

Description of Work
Hired to repair maytag dryer. Recommended by maytag service site.

01/23/2017

Scott F.

o disappointed int he experience I had with VIA. The 1st tech showed up at my house diagnosed the the issue and gave me the price. Ouch $404, but OK, I need to get it fixed and $120 of that is the diagnostic charge so $284 parts and labor. He came back the following Wednesday to do the work and left saying "Everything is working great". I put in a load of laundry (10 minutes after he left) and it failed with the same error code. It then took 2 days to get another person out here to look at it. The new tech told me the issue was I needed a new Tub! This repair is $600 just for Parts and Labor. Well that is more than a new model costs, and if I had been told that originally I would have paid the $120 for the initial service call and declined the repair. The second tech even made a comment to the fact "I don't know why he just didn't check this on spin". So I call back VIA to see what I could do about getting the original repair refunded. Nothing, Nada, zilch. I was told I could call Whirlpool and see if I could get a voucher for the tub and just pay the labor difference, but as far as the original charge I paid to have the work done (that I never would have signed up for in the first place) I was out of luck. I couldn't even get anyone to talk to me other than the call center folks. So I am out $284 bucks for a misdiagnosis. The worst part about this is I scheduled this through Whirlpool. They sent me to these folks. Really shady.

Description of Work
Whirlpool Washer Repair

12/19/2016

Jan K.

Very well. They were able to get a repairperson out for the diagnostic work within 4 work days, and were able to speed up the installation of the new pieces because we were leaving town. Both repair people were within the times specified, knew what they were doing and repaired the problem. Would definitely use them again. We did have to pay their fee for visiting our house about $100 for the first visit and labor for the second visit ($150). These appear to be standard prices based on my earlier survey.

Description of Work
The control panel on our JennAir no longer worked. After talking to JennAir customer service, found out that the needed parts were still under warranty - we had bought the unit in 2012. JennAir would only continue the guarantee if we used their certified repair service - Via Appliances.

10/25/2016

John T.

Overall all went well. Repair personnel were very friendly and helpful.

Description of Work
Ice maker on Whirlpool Refrigerator did not work due to sensor failure. Via diagnosed the problem, ordered new sensor and replaced about a week after the initial service visit.

10/20/2016

Mary I.

I called VIA on Tuesday morning for a Freezer repair and their Tech, Alex, was at my door promptly during the time frame given to me for service. Upon arrival and discussing the freezers problem with Alex he knew right away what was wrong with the Freezer and set to work. Within the hour he was finished with the repair and heading out the door. Alex was courteous and friendly and very knowledgable about his work. Would I recommend VIA Appliance to anyone and everyone, absolutely. This is a company that goes above and beyond to make their clients happy. From the minute you place your first phone call to the time they complete the work the customer service and professionalism is top notch. After your initial call and set up of appointment, VIA provides you with automated contact that keeps its customers informed every step of the way until their Tech's reach your doorstop. This makes VIA a step above the rest. A very satisfied and repeat customer, Mary, Crownsville, MD

Description of Work
Freezer Repair