CHESAPEAKE ROOFING WINDOWS & SIDING

Founded 1984 • With Angi since September 2007

Maryland
Maryland: General

Hours are not available for this pro right now. Please check back later.

P.O. Box 4524

Crofton, MD 21114

chesapeakeroofing.com

MHIC LICENSE #36354. ANNAPOLIS CITY LICENSE # 756-R....

roofing (68)siding companies (25)gutter repair (21)window replacement (20)door installation (14)skylight installation (5)patio enclosures (2)

12/12/2021

Kyle V.

Great! Helped us with the selection and then when some of the items came in damaged they made sure it was taken care of. In the end, we are super happy with the door and the workmanship. They came recommended and I can second that. They also did some needed gutter work as an add on - glad we used them. We will use them again when we have a need.

Description of Work
They installed a new front door for us

Category gutter repair,doors

Work Completed On 10/13/2021

09/22/2021

Donna M.

Great. They were able to do the same week we called. Looks very nice and matches roof on home

Description of Work
Roof for a shed

Category picture framing,roofing

Work Completed On 09/22/2021

02/26/2021

William S.

The owner, Kurt Burkhart, proved himself to be non-trustworthy, unprofessional and unreliable. I signed a contract for roof replacement (in large part because he is a neighbor) with the stipulation the work was to be done when the Governor lifted the Emergency Declaration. In exchange for my 1/3 down (~$5,000) he said he would absorb all subsequent price increases. This week he decided to walk away from the contract because he didn't like the terms anymore. I got my downstroke back but really? GUESS WHAT HIS WARRANTY IS WORTH? Good riddance to bad rubbish. Use at your own peril.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Work Completed On 02/22/2021

Thank you Angies' List for the chance to respond to this review. Regarding this matter, the customer signed the contract over 8 months ago in June of 2020. He wanted to wait before starting because he was concerned about the Corona virus. We told him that we could postpone the work but were unaware that he wanted to wait until the Governor lifted the Emergency Declaration. That was never put in the contract, and I would never agree to that because we had no idea when it would be lifted. I had given the customer a discount on his contract because he was a neighbor, and we had done a number of his neighbors' roofs who were very satisfied with the work we did. I called the customer earlier this week and explained to him that I have been in business for more than 35 years and have always treated my customers very fairly. In the last 8 months, I had 3 price increases from my manufacturers and was expecting another couple of price increases in the next 3 months of 2021. I informed him that Chesapeake could install his roof with no up-charge, but if he wanted to continue to put off the install date that he would need to pay for any future price increases. He declined. Therefore, I told him I would provide him a full refund that day, and void the contract, which he accepted. We have completed between 5-10 roof jobs per week for the last 8 months with no issues, as I explained to the homeowner. I also explained that we wouldn't need to enter his house and that he wouldn't be in contact with any of the crew. I have done my utmost to oblige this customer, to no avail. Thank you for reading my response.

01/06/2021

Sandra F.

Went great. They were out quickly to look at the issue and within a few days the repair was made. First, they came out and put up protective covering until the repair could be made.

Description of Work
Replacing a ridge vent

Category picture framing,roofing

Work Completed On 12/16/2020

11/24/2020

margaret S.

The job exceeded our expectations. Installers arrived on time. Installation was extremely well done with minimal impact on our activities. Work area, both inside and outside, was cleaned. There were no signs of work being done. Sales process went smoothly. Good explanation of product and procedures for installation. Of all the work we have had done on our house, this one went the smoothest - no collateral damage! We will be using them again, shortly, for additional windows.

Description of Work
Replaced eight windows in a single family home

Category replacement windows,doors

Work Completed On 11/14/2020

11/09/2020

Connor T.

Chesapeake Roofing provided an all-around great service. They were pretty quick to get back to me when I inquired about an estimate and they were quick to set up a date to come out and give me a quote. Their pricing was about on par with other quotes I had received and they were able to set up a date for the replacement a week after I received the estimate. The day of the job, they were out there early and were done just after noon. They did a fairly decent job cleaning up, although they did miss a couple of nails and shingles. This was my first experience having a roof replaced and I'm very satisfied with the work that Chesapeake Roofing did.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 10/28/2020

10/26/2020

Cindy G.

Absolutely top quality from start to finish. I can’t say enough about Domenic and the crew. No sales pressures and went above and beyond every step from start to finish. Their crew is absolutely high quality and made sure everything was done right down to details that I hadn’t even thought of. This company makes sure things are perfect. I was so impressed I asked them for additional projects and will absolutely call them when it’s time for roofing. Do not hesitate on giving them a call, you won’t be disappointed and this is coming from a very detailed customer. I wish all service oriented companies were like them.

Description of Work
Shake Siding and front door with sidelights

Category picture framing,siding,doors

Work Completed On 10/26/2020

10/13/2020

Anne P.

Chesapeake Roofing was a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. Every member of the team is knowledgable, professional and polite. The estimate for the service was accurate and very reasonable compared to other companies. I would highly recommend them to others and would not hesitate to use them again in the future. The owner Kurt Burkhart is visible and involved in the project. A great company and a great service!

Description of Work
siding and gutter replacement

Category gutter repair,siding

Work Completed On 10/02/2020

10/06/2020

Ashley M.

Amazing -- The team on site was very professional, and staff were very responsive via email and phone which was critical as we were out of state during this project. There were bumps as any remodel will have - but this team was patient and responsive in correcting issues and attained beautiful results. We would recommend this team to anyone looking for siding, roofing, windows in the Crofton area.

Description of Work
Siding, Windows, Roof, and Sunroom to 4-Season Room Conversion

Category roofing,siding,replacement windows,doors,sunrooms

Work Completed On 10/06/2020

09/03/2020

Rosie G.

They were so nice, punctual, and professional. We got 4 estimates and dealt with several companies, not only were they reasonably priced we went with them because of the way they treated us. They went beyond explaining in detail what they were doing. They gentlemen that preformed the work were very kind, clean and professional. They cleaned up so well. We are beyond happy with their work.

Description of Work
Siding on our house.

Category picture framing,gutter repair,siding

Work Completed On 08/22/2020

07/25/2020

Marie R.

I was very happy with the roof replacement that Chesapeake Roofing recently did on my home in Heritage Harbour in Annapolis. The salesman/estimator was quick and thorough, and always gave fast responses to my questions. The installers did a great job, carefully tarping the flower beds and deck to protect them and making a thorough sweep for nails and debris when they were finished. I couldn't be happier with the end result, and won't hesitate to recommend Chesapeake Roofing to my friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 06/25/2020

07/14/2020

ELIZABETH E.

Chesapeake Roofing was excellent. Their price estimate was the best of five, and there were no extra charges upon completion. They were responsive, prompt and courteous. Our roof was replaced skilfully and all debris was removed cleanly. I would highly recommend Chesapeake Roofing to anyone...they're the BEST!!

Description of Work
Replace existing roof.

Work Completed On 06/25/2020

07/08/2020

B S.

Very happy with the work and the price.

Description of Work
Needed a new roof.

Category roofing,doors

Work Completed On 07/08/2020

06/19/2020

Kim V.

All work done by Chesapeake Roofing, Windows and Siding over the years has been excellent. Kurt and his team are professionals who offer very competitive pricing and the highest quality of service. We highly recommend this company!!

Description of Work
The latest job was PVC wrap of an entry door frame. Prior work was replacement of all townhouse windows with double-hung, double-tilt vinyl replacements and the installation of a new fiberglass entry door.

Category picture framing,doors

Work Completed On 06/09/2020

06/11/2020

Paul D.

Prompt response to our call, competitive price, finished on time, and amazing clean up of all debris. This company has done all of our windows, siding, and roofs. I don't even call anyone else anymore!!!

Description of Work
Installation of new roof on our split foyer home..

Work Completed On 05/21/2020

06/04/2020

Gary M.

Great! Salesman was very knowledgeable, made recommendations, kept in touch, and made changes we made during the process. He went the extra mile to get exactly the same color as our shutters. The installation crew called ahead of time, arrived on time, and took care of everything that was needed. They did an exceptional job and left the job site perfectly cleaned up. Would use Chesapeake Roofing and Siding again to replace windows.

Description of Work
New entry way door w/side lights.

Category remodeling,doors

Work Completed On 05/26/2020

05/16/2020

William F.

Did not realize Chesapeake uses a subcontractor to install gutter guards. The team did a great job and worked diligently. I was disappointed that they did not blow the debris off my decks that came out of the gutters. My only concern was one of the workers had their family show up at my house while the work was still being performed. One person even walked their dog around my yard. I was okay with this but I am afraid another owner won't be so understanding.

Description of Work
Gutter Guards

Category gutter repair

Work Completed On 05/14/2020

04/20/2020

Nancy & Joshua K.

Initially I hired them to do my gutters as their price was very competitive and they had good ratings. They came out on time and did a fine job. As a result when I needed some shingles repaired on my aging roof I called them. They gave me a very fair quote, came out and did an excellent job and provided extraordinary customer service to boot. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning and roof repair

Category gutter repair,roofing,doors

Work Completed On 04/10/2020

02/28/2020

Ryan G.

The entire experience with Chesapeake Roofing was great. I had a leak and had 4 roofing companies come out to provide estimates. My experience with all of them was good, but Chesapeake Roofing won the contract because of my interaction with Jack and Kurt. When I first noticed the leak I reached out to Chesapeake Roofing and received a return call within minutes of my inquiry. I was hoping for a repair, but none were successful at stopping the leak. When I finally resigned to the fact that I needed a new roof I reached out to Chesapeake Roofing again and the next day Jack was onsite with his friendly companion K-9 to inspect the roof. Jack helped me understand their process fully, worked with me on pricing, and was able to schedule the replacement the very next week. This was a relief given the leak. On the day the roof was replaced the crew arrived on time and had the entire project completed by midday. Jack even came by during the install to check on things. Per their policy and my instruction, they tarped around the house to protect my bushes, siding, deck, and other valued items. When I returned later that day there was no evidence that anyone had been there except for the beautiful new roof that was installed. The house has two additions and two valleys, making it more complex than a standard roof. Jack checked in once the work was completed and has followed up promptly with questions I have had. The best part... no more leak! I would highly recommend Chesapeake Roofing. Very competitive pricing, quality work, and without question the best customer service I have experienced from a contractor. Thanks guys!

Description of Work
roof replacement

Work Completed On 01/29/2020

01/14/2020

Lori B.

I had my roof and gutters replaced and they did an awesome job!!! They also were the cheapest estimate I received. I definitely will keep them in mind when replacing my windows.

Description of Work
Roof and gutters replaced

Work Completed On 12/13/2019

01/04/2020

Karen C.

Chesapeake Roofing is prompt, professional, reasonably priced and completed the roof in one day. I was extremely pleased with the end result and I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
New roof and gutters

Work Completed On 11/03/2019

07/10/2019

Elizabeth A.

Our dormer on our townhouse roof developed a leak due to faulty sealing to the roof. This caused water to drip into the house and onto the ceiling in one of our bedrooms. We contacted Chesapeake Roofing based upon previous reviews and received a prompt response. We were provided an estimate after submitting photos of the problem and were scheduled. The roofers came on time and were quick to fix the issue. The quote did not change after 5he work was done and we were able to pay online. Highly recommend this company and would definitely hire again for any future roofing needs.

Description of Work
Fix seal on leaky dormer

Work Completed On 04/19/2019

05/23/2019

Donna M.

Chesapeake Roofing Windows and Siding always does an excellent job for us. We have been using this company for 20+ years and have always been extremely satisfied with their professionalism and the quality of their workmanship.

Description of Work
Aluminum siding wrapping, installation of storm door, installation of a deck door

Category siding,doors