American Home Performance LLC

Founded 2007 • With Angi since March 2012

2512 Windy Oak Court

Crofton, MD 21114

American Home Performance offer energy efficiency solutions to homeowners throughout the Baltimore-Washington DC metro areas. We are certified contractors in BGE, PEPCO and SMECO Home Performance with Energy Star programs....

07/02/2018

Juliann W.

We were very pleased with services provided by Rick Hunt/American Home Performance. The energy audit was interesting to watch. They set up a blower to pull outside air into the house and Rick showed us on an infrared measuring tool where we had greater air infiltration. He prepared a comprehensive report recommending changes to improve energy efficiency and decrease energy bills. His report laid out a menu of recommended improvements, why the change is recommended, how much it is expected to save in future energy costs if the improvement is made, and available rebates for each improvement (from SMECO utility company). Some of the changes required follow on work for additional cost (e.g., increasing attic insulation to R-49). However, some of the recommended changes were quick no-cost changes (e.g., re-laying insulation that had been displaced when we replaced light fixtures, and adding caulk to a seam in the basement where basement wall meets floor). We subsequently contracted with American Home Performance to add insulation to our attic, weatherstrip/seal around openings/penetrations between attic and living space; and correct the venting of two bathroom exhaust fans. The workers were prompt, quick, and neat.

Description of Work
Performed energy audit and installed/improved insulation

04/16/2018

Janine H.

They did a fantastic job!! They were professional, quick and did everything exactly as described. There were no surprises and Rick talked us through the entire process step by step and explained what the benefits would be in the short term and long term. We were very pleased with Rick and his company as well as the efficiency of his process in getting a refund from the power company. The entire work was estimated at about $11k and we received $7,500 back in refunds.

Description of Work
Rick worked with us on Delmarva Power’s Home Performance Program in assessing our needs, reviewing our options and working with Delmarva to get us the maximum allowable refund and ensure that our home was well insulated and energy efficient. We had our entire house insulated, including attics, cantilever, and outside walls. They re insulated our crawl space and sealed all open air spaces in electrical, plumbing, light fixtures, etc. I am certain there are items I am missing in that list as well.

03/21/2018

Ron H.

Everything went as planned. I am very satisfied and would definitely recommend this company to others

Description of Work
insulation

03/21/2018

Mary P.

American Home Performance provided excellent energy efficiency report, installation and service. Rick performed a home energy review and suggested work to be done. He provided a detailed report with information and pricing for each item and did not push me to contract for all services recommended. The pricing was fair and Rick credited my BGE rebate to the cost Ii needed to pay. The insulation and attic sealing work I had performed by his crew in February was accomplished in one, very long day for them, but they were determined to finish and cleaned up everything before they left. Rick came back to do testing to ensure everything was installed properly. I would recommend this company. Fair pricing and professional service.

Description of Work
home energy review, insulation and attic weatherproofing

01/31/2018

D. B.

Mr. Hunt did a wonderful job with communicating what needed to be done in order for me to have the proper insulation in my home. He and his staff did a wonderful from start to finish and for a very affordable price. I would highly American Home Performance to looking to improve their home!

Description of Work
I needed insulation installed into my basement.

01/04/2018

Jesse C.

Very punctual and reliable, from start to finish complete professionals. Highly Recommend this company.

Description of Work
Whole house sealing and installation, · Cut openings in each kneewall as needed for access to the areas beyond the kneewall ( attic flats). Replace drywall when work is complete and seal with one coat of drywall joint compound. Finishing and painting is excluded. · Seal the accessible electrical, plumbing and HVAC penetrations between the attic and living space. · Seal the top plates of the walls which intersect the attic floor.. · Install weather stripping on the attic access opening and insulate the cover · Install an additional 14” of loose fiberglass on the attic floor(s) to bring the total R value to 49. · Seal and block the rim joist cavities below the knee walls · Install Styrofoam baffles at the attic eaves to facilitate ventilation · Vent ONE bath fan to the exterior of the attic using R8 flex duct if necessary · *Install a timer switch in the second floor bathroom and set to optimize ventilation. · Install new 4” batt insulation in the attic kneewalls and cover with an air barrier such as skyflex.

Category drywall, insulation, energy audit

01/03/2018

John M.

Wonderfully. we found Rick through the Pepco website looking for the Pepco insulation rebate program. Everything went exactly and smoothly as advertised.

Description of Work
Home insulation

06/14/2017

Elizabeth D.

Very well...reinforced some plans we had made; helped prioritize others, based on best return on investment; and offered new ideas we had not yet considered.

Description of Work
$100 energy audit

06/04/2017

Christine M.

All interactions were professional, completion of the work was in a timely fashion, and the crew cleaned up after themselves. Very good experience!

Description of Work
Attic insulation, sealing, and ventilation

02/27/2017

seth C.

Professional contractor, very punctual and efficient.

Description of Work
attic insulation

01/31/2017

Manuel B.

Great. Very quick, clean, professional, and efficient. Would definitely hire again!

Description of Work
Blown insulation for the attic space, previous insulation replacement/repair.

12/22/2016

Glenn B.

The very respectful and professional crew came in as scheduled and completed the work as contracted. They protected my wood floors and fully cleaned up before leaving.

Description of Work
Our home was evaluated for energy efficiency and insulated/sealed to optimize efficiency

08/29/2015

Max C.

I would recommend an energy audit by Mr.Hunt to any homeowner who wants to know ways to reduce utility bills and have a safer and healthier home environment. Thanks to him I now know far more than I thought I knew about what my house needs. Mr. Hunt's service was well worth his modest fee.

Description of Work
energy audit

07/05/2015

Evan P.

I Hired Rick from AHP to do a BGE contracted home energy audit. He was efficient and professional during both the audit and the resulting repairs. When a mold issue was discovered he communicated with the mold guy I hired to come up with the best solution for me, even if it meant that he would have had to give me a rebate from our original contract. I would definitely recommend AHP.

Description of Work
Home energy audit and modifications/repairs

06/11/2015

Caroline M.

I could not have been happier with the service provided and the success of the insulation. The workmen were professional and conscientious of being in our home. They cleaned up behind themselves and I did not know they had ever been in my home when they were finished. The owner, Rick, was in constant contact to answer any questions or concerns. His staff pointed out a leaking pipe underneath the house that we were not aware of, so this was a great help to us! I highly recommend this company. You will not be disappointed. The insulation has made a significant decrease in our oil usage during the cold winter months. The insulation has also made a positive impact on the A/C.

Description of Work
We contracted with American Home to provide insulation for our home through a BGE program. American Home is a certified contractor for this program. The attic had outdated insulation and there was zero under the house. American Home provided us with an accurate estimate and informative energy audit. All paperwork for submitting for an energy rebate from BGE was performed by American Home. Each phase was thoroughly explained in layman's terms.

04/21/2015

Katherine B.

I felt total confidence in his professionalism, knowledge and skills. He provided low energy use light bulbs and low flow shower heads for free as part of his service at no additional cost. I received my home energy audit in less than the week promised and it detailed all I needed to do to lower my energy bills. I would hire him again without hesitation.

Description of Work
Rick Hunt performed a home energy audit to help me save on heating and AC expenses.

Category handyman service, energy audit

03/31/2015

Rebecca E.

They were very professional and did a great job! I could immediately tell the difference from the new insulation put in. I'm very happy with their services. Thank you!

Description of Work
Added insulation to ceiling, sealed house.

03/28/2015

Alexander G.

Rick arrived before the day of installation to examine what needed to be done, and to speak with us about our options. This entire home energy audit/home energy performance package was due to BGE, as that is where we first found American Home Performance. After discussing our options with Rick, we determined to use loose cellulose, rather than loose fiberglass, and to air-seal the basement as well as the attic. Rick helped us to understand all of the options and what the various tradeoffs were. On the day of installation, Rick arrived with his crew and helped them get set up. His two workers did all of the insulating, that I could see, and were very thorough. I was not able to stay for the entire work process, but I did see the end result when they were finished. Knowing where they started from, they did a great job. After everything was done, a blower-door test was performed to gauge how successful everything was. We had cut the air changes per hour (how drafty the house is) by more than half (and we were quite drafty to begin with). Overall, we were very pleased with the results, and will certainly consider using American Home Performance for additional insulation work in the future.

Description of Work
Blew in loose cellulose insulation in attic; sealed all attic penetrations with expanding foam; properly vented two bathroom fans; sealed all basement penetrations; installed fiberglass batt insulation along mudsill in basement.

01/28/2015

Rossette F.

Rick Hunt was very professional. Came on time, was very courteous, and professional. Answered all questions I had and provided recommendations. I received a very professional product in the form of an in depth Home Comfort and Energy Efficiency Analysis Report.

Description of Work
Performed home energy audit.

11/04/2013

Thomas R.

Recommendations include replacing one deteriorating glass entry door and weatherstripping another one, Insulation recommendations include re-sealing some batt insulation which is pulling away and adding additional loose fill, light fixtures in the second floor ceiling and attic entry hatch from the second floor need insulation. Recommendations were made to seal some leaks in the conditioned air ductwork as it meets the ceiling register of the 2nd floor. Appliances that are old are less efficient and it was recommended to upgrade these with energy star appliances.

Description of Work
spent 3 hours going through house measuring carbon monoxide, air leakage through windows and doors with blower, evaluating energy efficiency of current insulation, heating/air conditioning system, duct system that carries conditioned air, appliances, lighting, water heater, identified sources of moisture/mildew formation . Provider sent detailed report with photos and recommendations for work that would improve efficiency, cost of work and how much would be saved. ,

10/05/2013

Bill R.

Great communication, great work, great price for quality done. Honest and punctual, you get exactly what they say they will do, a great job.

Description of Work
Fence repair, new fence&gate installation, power wash house.

Category fencing, pressure washing

05/18/2013

Susan B.

Rick was on time and puctual. Did a fairly good job. Some minor damage occured and we are working with him to resolve issues. Outside of that things seem to be improving in the home so that makes me very happy.

Description of Work
Works with BGE to lower energy cost in home. Adde installtion and other energy saving items.

Category handyman service, woodworking, house painters

Just a clarification: The minor damage referred to in the review was a small chip in the drywall around a bathroom ceiling fan. We patched and repainted the drywall and the repair was completed within a few days of the project completion.

04/23/2013

Jill G.

I was looking for an energy audit. I looked on the BGE website to look for a good company and then compared that list to Angie's list of companys, and found that both companies had American Home Performance on their list. Was able to get a Sat appt, and Rick came and showed us things about our home that we didn't even know about. After the survey was done, we received a very lengthly written evaluation of recommendations. I was very impressed with the American Home Performance Company!

Description of Work
We have a cold house and wanted an energy audit done. Rick came to our house on a Saturday and spent 4 hours going all over our house inside and out. Rick spent a lot of time explaining things to my husband and he was very knowledgable. Rick brought equipment with him that could read wall temperatures and showed us how and where cold air was getting in. I was impressed that Rick did not try to "sell us" anything that was not needed, and he was very professional. I would highly recommmend this company!

04/04/2013

Peggy G.

They did a great job. I would definitely recommend them to others. They were timely and efficient. They also gave free advice on the rest of the house.

Description of Work
They power washed a brick and vinyl siding north wall of mine.

Category pressure washing

02/06/2013

Jason H.

My overall experience with American Home Performance is an A. I would use them.

Description of Work
They did home energy inspections.

Certified Home Remodelers Inc

Certified Home Remodelers, Inc. serves clients throughout the state of Maryland, including the surrounding regions of Baltimore, Frederick, and Carroll Counties as a home remodeling company. We have been family owned and operated since our inception in 1997 and have over 30 years of experience. We offer financing through reputable lending institutions to help all of our clients achieve the home of their dreams. We also accept most major credit cards through PayPal. We understand and appreciate that trust must always be earned, which is why we work closely with all of our clients to earn that trust. Our Motto: “Give Us 10% Of Your Trust And We’ll Earn The Other 90”. If you are looking to have any areas of your home remodeled or are in need of new construction we urge you to visit our many service pages to see both interior and exterior services we provide. If you are in need of a professional remodeling company we urge you to contact us. From multi-level additions to replacement window installations, we offer a wide range of services to suit any client. Our professionally skilled staff looks forward to hearing from you in getting started on your next home improvement project.

Buric Heating and Air Conditioning

**Call us today for a FREE ESTIMATE on Heating or AC system replacements!** With over 19 years of experience, Buric Heating and Air Conditioning is a full service residential heating and cooling company that has offered Ellicott City, MD and its surrounding areas with plenty of jobs well done. By offering straight forward pricing and free estimates on equipment installations or replacements, you can trust that they are the right HVAC professionals for you. Call today for your next appointment!

Pro Stage Home Improvement

With over 20 years of experience behind the scenes at your favorite events, we offer the highest quality of work always sticking to YOUR schedule. .

Offers by Pro Stage Home Improvement  on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

ENERGY SOLUTIONS: Energy Audits, Energy reduction retrofits, air sealing, insulation, draft proofing,

Carpentry - Unfinished, Carpentry - Woodworking, Deck Maintenance, Decks & Porches, Drywall, Fencing, Handymen, Painting - Exterior, Painting - Interior, Pressure Washing, Remodeling - General, Remodeling - Kitchen & Bathroom, Windows: