Horizon Garage Doors

Founded 2008 • With Angi since November 2014

Horizon Garage Doors provide the best quality and affordable service for your garage door needs. Our services include Sales, Repairs, Replacements, Installations and many more. Our staff can handle all door and opener types. We replace broken springs, broken cables and Replace/Repair garage door

A Service Provider's profile imageA Service Provider's profile image

garage doors (42)

12/17/2022

Jonathan S.

Flawlessly. Just wished they would have asked if I wanted a higher grade spring rated for more cycles prior to doing the work.

Description of Work
replaced springs

Work Completed On 12/16/2022

08/12/2022

Andrew C.

5 star across the board ! They are very professional and very friendly. I'm gonna use them again in the future. I really like the way they handle our concern with our garage. They didn't charge us for a service fee when they came out.

Description of Work
Garage

Work Completed On 08/12/2022

11/29/2021

Tonia L.

Great experience from quick scheduling, receiving free estimate, sales presentation to include actual garage door samples, and best pricing from list of companies I received quotes from. Horizon was the most detailed and thorough when presenting their products and installation scheduling was quick. The installers were very professional and explained the process and cleaned up everything once done.

Description of Work
New Garage Door

Work Completed On 04/30/2021

07/10/2021

Rineet R.

Ben and his team were very professional, upfront, and fast! His estimate was the best out of five estimates I received. I converted my extension springs to torsion springs and replaced my overhead motors with Liftmaster wall mounted motors for my two door, two car garage. He was extremely professional and paid great attention to detail while installing my motors. His responsiveness and professionalism were well above the competition.

Description of Work
Converted Garage Springs to Torsion Springs and Wall Mounted Motors

Work Completed On 07/06/2021

01/14/2021

Frank C.

Excellent. On time and was lowest bidder. Did work exactly as he said he would. Very happy with the repair. Will definitely call them again if I ever need garage door work.

Description of Work
Repair Garage Door

Work Completed On 01/14/2021

12/10/2020

Chris M.

Work was done promptly with good attention to detail

Description of Work
Replace tension springs

Work Completed On 12/10/2020

08/10/2020

Praneet M.

we got proposals from 3 companies and chose Horizon because they were the only ones who offered to repair the motor . the other 2 were going to replace it. horizon's prices were competitive and suggested installing insulated doors which were not very expensive. the other 2 were charging a lot for insulated doors. i checked Horizon's reference on BBB, our Neighborhood app and Angie;s list. the work was done in time. in addition, they also bolted the center piece between 2 garage doors to the concrete.

Description of Work
Repair the motor and install garage doors(2)

Work Completed On 07/24/2020

06/26/2020

STEPHANIE M.

I highly recommend Horizon. They were the lowest estimate with the highest quality materials in the estimate. They were also able to complete the work the fastest. A rare combination.

Description of Work
replacement of garage door and garage door opener

Work Completed On 06/16/2020

04/08/2019

Gretchen M.

Excellent service. Garage doors fixed quickly. Also serviced both garage door systems. Working perfectly. Definitely would hire again.

Description of Work
Needed garage door springs replaced

Work Completed On 04/08/2019

02/06/2019

Samuel G.

I am very pleased with the performance of the Lift Master 8355W that was installed on 25 Jan 19 by Ben and Billy of Horizon. So far, I've been using the opener now for almost two weeks with no problems. After using Angie's List to research "A" rated companies, I chose Horizon due to positive customer reviews and a reasonable price. They arrived within the scheduled time frame, discussed the job, and started working without delay. The price was exactly what they had proposed. There was a communication issue with their area code 410 number going to another business; Ben said they would get that corrected; the area code 301 number worked fine. Horizon was the only company that emailed detailed information on the two openers they proposed along with price proposals with each cost element.

Description of Work
Garage Door Opener Installation

Cost $559.5

Work Completed On 01/25/2019

01/17/2019

Michael B.

Ben and Horizon Garage Doors were fantastic; punctual, friendly, responsive, knowledgeable. We have an old wooden garage door and unclear when it was last serviced. They assessed and identified all the needed issues (other problems than just the spring...cables, pulleys) and recommended repairs at value prices. They were quick and efficient with attention to detail. Very positive experience. When we are ready to replace the door, we will be requesting their services again. Strong work!

Description of Work
Garage Door Spring replacement plus

Work Completed On 01/16/2019

11/09/2018

fred W.

Fast and good work and they took the old door with them and cleaned up after the job was done. Thank you Mr. Ben Mor

Description of Work
Install my used 16x8 door

Work Completed On 11/09/2018

08/14/2018

Robin L.

Great! Ben went above and beyond to get our new garage door installed and working. We would definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
New garage door installed

Work Completed On 08/14/2018

05/25/2018

Suzanne M.

Installation of two doors and two openers went smoothly. There was a problem with the location of the garage door openers which was resolved after a service call. One suggestion is that Horizon should inform the customer that it is necessary to register BOTH the door and the door opener manufacturer with their respective manufacturers for warranty coverage.

Description of Work
Installed two garage doors with openers.

Work Completed On 05/16/2018

04/03/2018

Katherine B.

Outstanding . Exactly what I wanted done, fast work and very professional. Ben did a great job and my garage doors are quiet and run smoothly now. I will be calling again for anual door maintenance or for my new doors if I decide to replace them. Thanks Ben!

Description of Work
Repair loud banging and sqeeky garage doors plus general tune-up

Work Completed On 03/30/2018

01/02/2018

James J.

The technician was punctual, professional and explained all the repairs necessary.

Description of Work
Replacing the springs on my garage door

Work Completed On 01/02/2018

06/05/2017

Stanley B.

Purchased through Angie's list. They were a bit slow in getting in touch, but when they did they arrived promptly and gave a thorough checkup. Very pleased, overall

Description of Work
A ten-year-old garage door, thought it needed a checkup.

Work Completed On 05/05/2017

05/16/2017

Nelton C.

The service techs were very polite, neat and did not try to upsell anything. They communicated the time of arrival over an hour before they actually arrived, which was accurate. They were informative in also letting me know their space requirements for teir work area so they can do their job efficiently and neatly. Very good experience.

Description of Work
Gearage door replacement

Work Completed On 05/08/2017

04/25/2017

Gary T.

Very well. Horizon was very responsive and because it was a holiday (1/2/17), they could not make it out until the evening, but stayed into the night to finish the job. The technician did a very professional job and the garage door opener works great.

Description of Work
Replacement of garage door opener

Work Completed On 01/02/2017

03/29/2017

Deborah D F.

Representative gave me some valuable info on my doors. Suggested the doors be replaced. I did not watch him do his work, which I usually do. Doors still seem tight, did not explain to what he did, but did initially tell me what he was going to do.

Description of Work
Garage door tune up.

Work Completed On 03/29/2017

02/02/2017

Martin S.

This was a very pleasant experience. We appreciated the technician's professionalism and his attention to detail

Description of Work
One of our garage doors would not open. We called Horizon, and they sent out a very pleasant technicians. He determined that a spring had snapped and returned the next day to fix it. He also replaced a light bulb in the lifting unit for us and checked the other door to make sure that it was in good working order. Finally, he made sure that the apparatus for lifting each of the doors was working.

Work Completed On 01/11/2017

09/05/2016

Marcus B.

Awesome service. Came out the same day I called. And it was a Sunday evening before a holiday. Incredible. Good price. Explained everything he did and gave me some good tips to use for the future.

Description of Work
Installed two new springs.

Work Completed On 09/04/2016

07/27/2016

James B.

Came out on a Sunday to repair my garage door. Quality repairs done in a timely manner. Garage door works great now. Much quieter than before. He also reinforced some connections in the system by adding extra bolts. Feel much safer letting my kid go into the garage now. Would definitely call him again if I need future repairs.

Description of Work
Replaced broken springs and pulley system. Tuned up the rollers.

Work Completed On 07/24/2016

07/05/2016

Yoon Y.

Provider was punctual and professional. Did not not try to upsell. Great job fixing replacing a broken spring and also made the garage door operate more smoothly. Finished the job quickly and efficiently. Would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Fixed broken spring on garage door. Also, replaced pulley system and provided a tuneup.