FLOOR GEM

Founded 2000 • With Angi since July 2005

FloorGem Services, Inc. hardwood floor installation, refinishing & stone flooring in Maryland, Virginia & Washington, DC We handle all of your flooring needs in the Maryland, Washington DC and Virginia areas. Hardwood & Bamboo Floor Care Services Polished Concrete Marble & Stone Vinyl & Epoxy Ceramic Flooring FloorGem Services is your #1 flooring contractor for all your hardwood floor installation, floor restoration, floor cleaning, concrete polish and floor maintenance needs. We service all of Maryland, D.C., and Virginia as well as the surrounding states. We pride ourselves on delivering a quality floor installation at a fair and reasonable price. We stand behind the quality of every floor installation and your satisfaction is our #1 priority. If you are looking for a flooring company that to give you ad your home the attention it desires call FloorGem Services today and see why dozens of clients and companies choose us every day. Our flooring Estimates are FREE and the owner Ken Waldman will come to meet with you personally. So why wait, Call the owner, Ken Waldman, directly @ 410-381-6697 or 301-384-6608....

A Service Provider's profile image

+11 more images

hardwood floors (26)flooring (13)floor cleaning (2)tile installation (2)

08/21/2021

Carol B.

Went good. My floors look great. Ken Waldman, the owner, was great to work with.

Description of Work
Hardwood floor refinishing

Category floor cleaning

Work Completed On 08/02/2021

06/06/2019

Jeanne B.

It was excellent, they are professional, helpful and they also included an addition to installing and they did a very nice job.

Description of Work
They put in a floor on my house, they also replace the floor.

Category flooring contractor

Work Completed On 10/30/2018

11/20/2018

David H.

It was amazing! Let me say right off the bat that Ken from Floor Gem was great. We had some water damage and needed to get the floor replaced before Thanksgiving. We had a little mix-up on the installation date and time but Ken was fantastic and with incredibly short notice he was able to arrange a team to perform our install. They did an amazing job! We couldn't be happier!

Description of Work
Installation of Laminate Flooring

Work Completed On 11/19/2018

08/22/2018

Jodi S.

They did a great job. They were clean. They are great to work with. They communicate well. They gave us information including the estimate. I really appreciate it.

Description of Work
I used Floor Gem to do our ceramic floor.

Category ceramic tile

Work Completed On 11/01/2015

02/27/2018

Paul H.

They completed the project in 2 days. Excellent!

Description of Work
Carpeting was removed and prefinished hardwood flooring was installed in 3 bedrooms, hall overlook and stairs.

Work Completed On 02/20/2018

07/26/2017

Fred S.

The two man flooring team was on time, polite and professional, worked hard and finished the job in one day. The installation was neatly done and they cleaned up after completion.

Description of Work
New laminate flooring in kitchen and dinette

Category flooring contractor

Work Completed On 07/26/2017

06/04/2017

E B.

Ken was very professional in dealing with his customers. He's very on time and goes above and beyond. The project was done on time by Leonardo's team. They are very professional. They fixed the second floor with 3 bedrooms, hallway and stairs. I'm so happy with the results and it took them only 2 days to finish. Walter one of worker was detailed with his job. Kudos to Walter he made my floor the way I wanted it. I would recommend them to anybody. If I'll be having another project I will contact Ken of floor gem again. He's highly recommended!

Description of Work
Bamboo strand harwood

Work Completed On 06/03/2017

04/26/2017

Amy D.

Was closing on a house, called to set up a consultation later that afternoon. Ken, the owner, personally did the consultation and discussed all options with me. He understood that I didn't want them to look brand new (original hardwood floors) just a face lift. The consultation was Friday afternoon, work started the following Monday and was finished the same day. Octavius and his team showed up prompt and early Monday morning. Octavius was kind enough to provide status pictures throughout the day and the floors looked better than I could have imagined. It's been a couple months since the work was complete, the floors look just as amazing as the first day. Highly recommend Floor Gem and plan on using them for any future work.

Description of Work
Needed original hardwood floors to be refinished in a newly purchased home.

Work Completed On 02/06/2017

Review for FLOOR GEM - 9693 Gerwig Ln, Columbia, MD - 34902043

[Member Name Removed], Hi! Thank you for the nice review. I'm glad that the floors are still looking great! Thanks, Ken

04/08/2017

Michael N.

Perfection. The team showed up on time ready to go. They engaged me on every issue found - they didn't just assume a solution, but talked it out, and didn't try to rush just to "get the job done". They listened to my concerns, and followed through to ensure the job was done correctly. I was frankly surprised. They addressed several issues throughout and asked me if I was satisfied before they went onto the next stage. I am an engineer and a perfectionist. Thus, I can be total pain the a$$ if things aren't right. Luckily, I had nothing to worry about. Completely finished in 6 hours... no breaks! Hardest working two man team I ever saw!

Description of Work
Needed carpet removed from 310 sq ft master bedroom and wood floor installed.

Work Completed On 04/08/2017

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for hiring FloorGem Services and thank you for the great review! We look forward to working with you again in the future. Sincerely, Ken Waldman FloorGem Services

01/15/2017

Samuel E.

We love our new floor. Floor Gem did a great job. They are punctual, organized and they didn't even take a full day to finish. We highly recommend Floor Gem for your next project.

Description of Work
New Hardwood flooring installation for our living room and twelve steps stairs

Work Completed On 01/08/2017

Review for FLOOR GEM - 9693 Gerwig Ln, Columbia, MD - 34286355

[Member name], Thank you! It was a pleasure working with you. Sincerely, Ken Waldman

10/20/2016

Jeffrey H.

Ken was great to deal with, answering a lot of questions before the contract was signed and even helping us find ways to save money on the project. Although is quote was not the lowest, we went with him due to how happy we were with our interactions with him. We are very happy with how the floors look. That said, we had a few issues with Liandro, Ken's project lead, and I was disappointed that when I asked Ken if we could deal with him instead of Liandro I was told that he was trying to juggle ten things at once as was really counting on Liandro to fix our problems. In the end Liandro was able to fix things for us, but I contracted with Ken for the project and would have liked for him to be more involved when there were problems. Really most of the problems we had could have been avoided if someone who spoke english had been on hand to talk to my wife as the floor was installed. On the day of the installation Liandro only showed up at the start of the project to ask where we had stored the glue. Points were knocked off on punctuality because out of the four times we met someone from Floor Gem (quote, material dropoff, installation, and final touches) only one was at the time agreed upon. Ken arrived for the quote an hour early, which was before my wife was home. Material dropoff was more than three hours late with no call (I had to call Ken and leave a voicemail to find out what was going on and lost a day of work sitting on my thumbs). Installation was happily on time, and the return visit to fix some lingering issues was again delayed by hours from the window we were given with no call to let us know things were running late. I do really appreciate that Liandro and his team worked very late to make sure everything with the floor was good and we were happy. The installers worked very hard and it reflects very well on Ken that he has such good workers on his team. The floors look great and overall this was a positive experience.

Description of Work
Installed strand bamboo flooring over approximately 500 square feet on a concrete slab.

Work Completed On 10/14/2016

10/04/2016

KAREN W.

They arrived early. In fact at 8 am and I wasn't home from an errand. They called and I was back by 8:30 to let them in. The 2 workers came right in and begun working to move bedroom set so they could remove old flooring. They worked steadily and were finished by 2

Description of Work
The company removed laminate floor and relaxed with maple gunstock wood floor I g

Work Completed On 09/09/2016

12/01/2015

James M.

I initially contacted Floor Gem around August 2015 and he has been working with us since then to ensure that we were able to get all issues resolved. Ken is an absolute professional! From our initial contact for consultation, he has been very responsive. He provided advice on how to submit a claim with our home insurance company was was very patient and helpful when we encountered issues with our insurance company, although they were no fault of his own. I am very satisfied with the responsiveness. I was offered various methods of communication; text messages, email, phone, etc. He was very punctual and was courteous enough to call 30 minutes before arrival. After the repair, our floor looks absolutely amazing. Our floor looks even better than I expected. He was also gracious enough to answer any questions that I may have, after the repair. I'm very glad that I chose Floor Gem. Their work was thorough and clean. I will definitely consider Ken again without hesitation and stand behind my review 100%. I will recommend him without hesitation and will be contacting Floor Gem for any future repairs that I may have.

Description of Work
Hardwood floor restoration: partial replacement and refinishing

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor, floor cleaning

Cost $9,543.47

Work Completed On 11/25/2015

11/24/2015

John A.

I got top quality products at very reasonable prices.

Description of Work
Provided a reasonable estimate and where to acquire materials to perform the project.. The job was to remove and dipole of old carpet then install luxury vinyi flooring o Era 2600 Sq feet home.

Work Completed On 09/10/2015

03/23/2015

Carolyn C.

They did a great job! They came on time, were professional and sent nice people to do the work. They came at the last minute which was appreciated. Their pricing was very fair as well. The owner followed up with me afterwards as well, which was great!

Description of Work
They installed porcelain tile in my kitchen.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

Work Completed On 12/01/2014

12/01/2014

Randy S.

Work went well, they did a good a job.

Description of Work
Installed floating bamboo floor.

Work Completed On 01/31/2013

10/06/2014

Bobby S.

Ken handled our quote and showed up the same day I contacted Floor Gem. He was polite, offered good advice, and didn't try to sell anything extra or something I wasn't interested in. We received a quote very promptly the next day via email. I called at least 5 - 6 times to get clarification on various logistics, and each time I either got Ken directly or he promptly called me back. At no point did we feel like our business wasn't important to Floor Gem. We picked out the flooring on Saturday, and they delivered the flooring Tuesday morning. They started the job the Friday after the wood was delivered. The install crew showed up about 20 minutes early, and they were very courteous. Whenever I had a question or concern, I asked the guy who initially showed up, and he immediately stopped and listened to my concern and ensured I was satisfied before continuing. The crew was constantly sweeping and cleaning up throughout the process, so our house never looked like it was in shambles. The whole process took just under two days, and the floors looked great! I would definitely recommend Floor Gem. Their prices were very good, and the quality of their workmanship was excellent.

Description of Work
Installed pre-finished wood floors on our walk-in level.

Work Completed On 09/26/2014

[Member name removed], Thank you for the positive review. It was a pleasure working with you. I'm glad that you are happy with the floors. Thank You, Ken Waldman

10/14/2013

Margaret T.

Ken and his staff were very responsive. He was able to give us a quote the same day we asked him, and made sure the measurements were right for our supplies. Floor Gem installed the laminate flooring for us in our entryway/living room/dining room, as well as shoe molding. He did not supply the flooring but recommended Wood Floors Plus in Glen Burnie. After getting multiple quotes for laminate in our area, they offered the best quality for the best price. We went with Pergo flooring and it looks absolutely amazing. We had presented our measurements to the store and they calculated square footage, but Ken's calculations came out differently and he told us to buy more. Lucky for us he did, because his calculations were right on. He was able to give us an appointment on our preferred day and time, and his workers finished our installation in less than 6 hours. They moved furniture and were very thorough on the laminate job. It looks perfect and we are thrilled

Description of Work
Installed Pergo laminate in our main living room/dining room/entry way

Work Completed On 09/14/2013

07/29/2013

CAROL S.

OOPS. I noted the details above.

Description of Work
Floor Gem owner (?) accurately measured and estimated the material and cost to replace the flooring in the entry hall, living/dining room, and master bedroom in our up-scale condominium in Annapolis, MD. Floor Gem picked-up and delivered the bamboo to our third floor condo as scheduled. The installers moved and covered furniture and walls appropriately. At least 2 men each day removed the old oak flooring, sanded and prepared the surface, and installed the new bamboo. They cleaned as well as possible before leaving each day since we were occupying the condo. Workers were pleasant, always on time, neat, and hard working, a pleasure to be around. The floor is lovely.

Work Completed On 02/08/2003

01/03/2012

Suzanne S.

I cannot speak highly enough about Ken and the team at Floor Gem. They told us where to go for the flooring, advised us on what kind of installation to have and finished the job promptly. When we had a problem with the flooring (it squeaked) they came promptly to try and remedy the problem. When that did not work they contacted the flooring company and arranged to have it replaced with different flooring at minimal cost (the difference in the method of installation). We love our new floor and could not be happier with it.

Description of Work
Installation of bamboo flooring

Work Completed On 06/01/2011

08/22/2010

CHRISTY H.

Floors look great! Will use again upstairs!

Description of Work
Floor Gem installed hardwood floors throughout the main level of the house. They even did some carpentry work around wood stove and kitchen.

Work Completed On 12/01/2008

02/23/2009

Dedrick O.

I had them come out and fix some nail parts on my floor. When they were done, I had them check my entire house to see if there was any other part of the floor that needed attention. They found some additional wooden parts that were damaged and fixed it immediately. I had no problem with them and they were very nice. They were prompt and professional.

Description of Work
They fixed some nail parts and damaged wood on my floor.

07/01/2008

SUE B.

I was very pleased, the owner from my initial phone call was hear at my house on the same day, giving me an estimate. And the job was done all in one day. They cleaned up well, they covered everything. The owner was here when the workers arrived and he inspected the work that was being done. I was pleased with the professionalism, and time frame and the quality of the job they did.

Description of Work
They refinished my hardwood floor, they installed all of the base molding.