Economic Roofing Co

Founded 1972 • With Angi since October 2006

9150 Rumsey Rd Ste A5

Columbia, MD 21045

With a dedication to quality and service, economic roofing company is continuing to provide thousands of homeowners a year with the peace of mind that comes with knowing their roofing job has been done by one of the oldest and most respected roofing contractors in the region. Economic roofing company was founded in 1972, by TY Hines who had relocated to the fledging town of Columbia, Maryland from Virginia Beach, Virginia. After having provided proven, quality work in the Columbia area, economic roofing began to grow greatly, landing contracts with some of the biggest builders who have formed the backbone of the Columbia community. Additional email - ty@economicroofing.com....

05/24/2017

Regis T.

he did an excellent job. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
He replaced the roof and he removed the gutter and re nailed the phase board on the trusses.

11/13/2016

Arthur R.

Economic was extremely professional. Once we reached agreement on the final scope of the work, they were able to schedule the job within the week and, with a large (and courteous) crew, the entire project was completed in one day - to my satisfaction. My bill included full picture details of the work performed which also indicated where and why any plywood was replaced (this was the only item that job dependent). The site was protected during the work and cleaned after. I was very pleased with their professionalism and responsiveness and recommend them highly (and have already done so to family in Rockville).

Description of Work
Annapolis - Full roof and skylights. I had never replaced a roof before and tried to get as much information as possible. I received 3 full bids from respected contractors (at least 3 bids are recommended for any major work) and found the response from Economic to not only be the most reasonable (price and other factors considered - warranty, timing, materials, response, etc.), but also the most detailed and professional in what work was to be performed with specific priced options for each of the upgrades or additional work I was interested in (e.g., replacing aging skylights). They also provided pictures from my house to indicate why they were recommending certain work. This allowed me to keep the work within my budget while it also provided me the ability to discuss each of the options and modify or negotiate alternatives as I wanted. The other bids I received were merely a set price and did not give me the same opportunities to consider each of the options separately. With regard to other bids, I strongly recommend not only obtaining multiple bids, but also discussing (questioning) the work to be performed with each of the contractors before making your decision. The information you receive from this process will increase your understanding of the work and give you the ability both to negotiate your final contract and find you do not second-guess yourself as to what "should" have been done after the project is completed.

Category roofing,skylights

04/11/2016

Jeff D.

Economic Roofing has to be one of the best Roofers in the entire Baltimore /Washington area. A friend of mine who was a commercial roofer told me that Economic Roofing was the best residential roofer so I used them. The owner Ty Hines is great as was the jobsite foreman Vilmar. They replaced the a lot roof, Sheathing, facia boards, painted the facia, new gutters and covers. I had a leak and they came out immediately on December 31st. They are a great group of people who know what they are doing and are fast. I bought a top of the line 50 year roof and love the way it looks.

Description of Work
Replaced the Roof, Gutters, Downspout, gutter covers, painted facia, replaced sheathing, and more.

11/29/2015

Robert C.

These guys are GREAT,

Description of Work
Roof Repair

09/26/2014

Glenda K.

They were fine. All the roofs in our cul-de-sac started having problems and they realized it was a problem with the manufacturer so the manufacturer gave us some money. The price they gave us seemed pretty fair because the roof was 10 years old. I didn't like them at all. They came out and I couldn't talk to any of the people because they were all Latinos. They dropped the packets of roofing, which weigh about 100 pounds each, onto the roof and they were knocking nails out of the walls. I found somebody in our cul-de-sac that did speak Spanish and she talked to them. After that they were a little more gentle. It was a one day job which is what they said.

Description of Work
They did roofing.

We went back to our records of this job 16 yrs ago but we did not find any notes about problems on this job - perhaps it was not mention to us , our job supervisor reported that the customer was happy.

09/14/2014

Michael H.

They did a fine job and kept at it until after dark to get it done. I've seen no more leaks. I'm very happy with the work they did. However, the last few times that I tried to get a few more things taken care of I have been unable to make an appointment. I talk to someone in the office who passes my name to the scheduler. The scheduler calls once. If I miss him her does not return my call. If I can't support the first appointment date and time he proposes he never call me back to tell me if the date I propose are acceptable. This has happened 3 or 4 times over a year. The scheduler forgets about me after one call. I've given up on them.

Description of Work
Economic roofing fixed a leak where the flashing was done incorrectly on my house in 2012.

08/09/2014

Karen P.

I did not encounter any issues. I would recommend them to my neighbors. They were very good. They gave me a new roof. I have had no problems with my roof since they installed it in 2007. I would use them again if I had to. They were good on responsiveness.

Description of Work
I used Economic Roofing Co for installing a new roof.

05/22/2014

Elizabeth O.

Ty was very helpful and prompt. He emailed the contract with a detailed explanation of all work to be done, with options that were available. His crew showed up on time and were curteous and professional and worked fast. They finished in about 4 hours including a good cleanup and did a professional looking job , and at a fair price I might add. We ary happy with the results, thanks TY.

Description of Work
Removed 1 layer of old roof, inspected plywood deck and installed new roof. Also resealed chimney. plumbing vent pipe and exhaust vent with new flanges.

Category roofing,chimney repair

04/07/2014

Jesse A.

Failed to show up when booked for estimate on the work.

Description of Work
Requested a quote for minor roof repair, booked date, but the contractor failed to show up for the estimate.

We have no record of a request for service from this customer since 5-19-2008 , our order # 822847 where we provided an estimate but we were not sdelected to do the work . Not sure what this is all about but we would be very happy to provide service to this customer.

04/01/2014

Yetta H.

I was very pleased once again with the service provided by Economic Roofing. I called them on 1/31/14 after I saw leaking from the rain we had over the weekend. I was told that they were quite backed up from all the snow we had this winter causing damage to many roofs. I was told it may be a week before someone could be here and since it wasn't a large leak and wasn't yet reaching the floor I could afford to wait since previously I have been happy with this company. I was pleasantly surprised when they called today (one day later) and said they could come today. After inspecting the roof he found several gaps in the joints in that area and repaired the gaps and checked and repaired other potentially problem areas.

Description of Work
Repaired leak in roof.

GLR Home Improvement

We have over 30 years experience! Our company is based on the belief that our customers' needs are of the utmost importance. Our entire team is committed to meeting those needs. As a result, a high percentage of our business is from repeat customers and referrals. We would welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and deliver you the best service in the industry.

American Professional Chimney & Masonry

Multiple Super Service Award winner. We clean, Inspect, repair, install & reline chimneys, wood & gas stoves, fireplaces, sidewalks, driveways & do historic tuck pointing. Owner, Dave Myers, is the area's most experienced chimney diagnostician (since 1973). We have an A-Plus BBB rating & emphasize customer service excellence in every aspect of our business. What differentiates us from other companies is that we provide a thorough analysis and estimate for any necessary repairs, without any pressure or emphasis on sales. We are happy to prioritize any repairs that may be needed so that customer's can budget accordingly. Additional phones - 301-699-6050, Catherine Wilson, manager: 202-468-5590, 202-483-0440, 202-483-2223, and Dave Myers: 202-468-5596. Also doing business as: Artful Dusters Chimney Sweeps. Evening hours available but dependent on demand, requirements and availability of personnel.

Offers by American Professional Chimney & Masonry on Angi
    Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning & Installations, LLC

When you choose Ned Stevens for your gutter cleaning, gutter repair, gutter installation, and other services, you can count on exceptional quality of work and outstanding customer service. Our labor staff are all our own employees, and we train them in our state-of-the-art training facility focusing on quality work. Our work is 100% Guaranteed. Your satisfaction is our goal. We want to make your gutter cleaning experience effortless. You never need to be home! We are fully insured and guarantee all of our work. Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Roofing - Shingles, Tile, & Metal. Siding. Gutters. Downspouts. Skylights. Windows. Roof Inspections.

Masonry, Carpentry, & Landscaping.