ARDO Contracting Inc

Founded 1983 • With Angi since December 2005

9693 Gerwig Ln Suite G

Columbia, MD 21046

ARDO Contracting, Inc. has been Maryland's premier design-build remodeling contractor since 1983. ARDO designs and builds award-winning remodeling projects in Howard, Anne Arundel and Baltimore counties, southern Carroll, and northeastern Montgomery county. Regardless of your project's size,

11/03/2019

Peter P.

We bought a home in North Howard 10 years ago. It was a "fixer upper", a real money pit. We immediately had the roof repaired, skylights replaced, and had new gutters installed. My wife contacted an Architect/Designer that works with ARDO Contracting. We discussed the redesign of the entire interior of our home and within a few days were presented with the design we desired (floor plans and cool CAD images). For financial reasons we phased this project basically in 3 phases: • Living Area and Kitchen • Bedrooms and Master Bath • Guest rooms, Guest Bath, Mud Room, and Garage We used ARDO Contracting for: • Architectural Support (Hip Roof need metal Plates to bolster support) • Demolition of Interior for Vaulted Ceilings in Living Area and Kitchen • Demolition and rebuild of Guest Bath, Mud Room, Garage, and Garage Fire-Wall Paul and his team of professionals at ARDO Contracting exceeded our expectations in every aspect. With a well laid-out contract, payments at each stage of each project, clear communication with the ARDO Administrative Staff (Lisa and Team), polite and skilled Craftsmen, the Support work, Demolition, and Guest Bath, Mud Room, Garage, and Fire Wall remodel were completed on time, on schedule, and without a trace when complete. The support work they did to fortify our roof is now 9 years old. We did this as our design called for removal of load bearing walls for Vaulted Ceilings covering 2/3's of the interior of our home. The Ceilings have shown no signs a cracking, sag, or even "nail-pops" in the Dry Wall. ARDO Contracting was extremely careful during the Demolition process, gutting the interior of our Living, Dinning, Kitchen and Family rooms, setting up the shell of our home to total satisfaction. Last year, 2018, we had ARDO Contracting back for our Guest Bath, Mud Room, and Garage remodel. The carpentry skills, fines, and care produced results that only a seasoned craftsman could perform. Our beautiful Guest Bath and Mud Room constantly get compliments, often by the same people. Insulation, Dry Walling, Priming, and the Fire-Wall build in the garage were top-notch as well. We now have a better, safer access method to Attic. The Fire-Wall between the garage and the house actually was multi-purpose: fire-protection and fuel efficiency. Buttoning the Garage and separating the Attic into Two-Zones with the Fire-Wall has had a positive effect on our Heating and Air-Conditioning expenses. With ARDO Contracting, you can sit back and relax knowing the entire project, whatever you are having done to your home, it will be completed better that you ever expected. The Price Home - Woodbine MD

Description of Work
Design, Architectural Support, Demolition, and Remodel Build

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, plumbing, remodeling, architect, doors

09/19/2019

Deborah B.

Their estimate was way off. They estimated it would take them 2 hours and it took 35 minutes, but we had to pay for the full 2 hours. The handyman told me he had been at our house for 1 hour and 40 minutes, when it had only been 40 minutes. When I showed him the clock, he still disputed me. He tried to get me to pay for both his travel time to our house and his travel time to his next job.

Description of Work
We asked them to take out part of a built-in bed frame with stripped screws.

Category handyman service

08/16/2019

Corrie B.

It was a pleasure working with the entire staff at ARDO. They finished before expected and did a fantastic job. Couldn't be happier. Shout out to the GM, Lisa. She went over and above with amazing customer service!!! Corrie B 8/19

Description of Work
Siding and Painting from auto damage to Home.

Category concrete repair, masonry, remodeling, siding, house painters

[Member Name Removed], We are so glad with a time sensitive job, ARDO was able to get things taken care of ahead of schedule. Our mission is to build satisfaction and it sounds like we did! It was truly a pleasure working with you too and look forward to any project you may have in the future. Thanks again! Take Care,

07/01/2019

Dayna P.

They Were absolutely amazing. I know that having an addition added to your home is not an easy project but, working with Ardo made this go as smoothly as absolutely possible. When and if an issue arose they were right on the issue and correcting it right away until I was not only happy but thrilled with the project. I was so happy with the work that I am hoping to start another addition in October 2019 (it was only delayed from an August start date due to the Ellicott City Moratorium.)

Description of Work
Addition built Sun Room into Garage and Laundry Room pantry added

Category concrete repair, drywall, electrician, egress windows, plumbing, remodeling, siding, architect, doors, sunrooms

[Member Name Removed], We really enjoyed constructing your addition this past year! From the design points to selections, you were an absolute pleasure to work with. We are very exited to start the new addition project with you this fall! Thank you for allowing us to be apart of your home renovations and expansions over the last few years. Looking forward to breaking ground again soon! Take Care!

06/30/2019

Tom W.

All work performed is of a very high quality and the trade staff is extremely knowledgeable and professional. The office staff members are extremely courteous and responsive. Pricing is commensurate with the work quality.

Description of Work
Sunroom, Windows, Bathrooms remodel, Portico, & Exterior Siding

Category egress windows, remodeling, siding, home remodeling, sunrooms

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for allowing us to be apart of so many of your projects throughout the years. We have really enjoyed helping you customize your home into exactly what you have envisioned. We love working with you and look forward to projects to come! Take Care!

06/28/2019

Charles M.

ARDO Contracting is absolutely amazing! After many varied experiences with many contractors over many years, ARDO has raised the bar to exceeding expectations. During last season's wind storm, an enormous old oak tree fell on our house puncturing the roof and and destroying our newly built screened in deck. Paul came out that day, promised to "button up" the roof early the next morning before the predicted rainfall. And he did!! On time, competent, and kind and friendly to boot!! What we learned over the extensive repairs was that EVERYONE at ARDO was spectacular. From Lisa, who answered the phone, to every man who showed up ON TIME AND WHEN EXPECTED(!!!) throughout the job, you couldn't ask for more. Not only did they do an exceptional job, but were generally a delight to have around. In the process of repairing the house and deck, we asked for additional work: adding insulation to the attic, replacing a water heater, electrical work, etc. Nothing, no job, was too large or too small. All were completed beautifully. There is no doubt that if we ever need ANYTHING, ARDO is the first call we'll make! Amy and Charles M

Description of Work
Structural repair of several house beams, rebuild screened in deck, insulation in attic, replace water heater

Category decks, electrician, hauling services, plumbing, remodeling, siding, doors, sunrooms

[Member Name Removed] Thank you so much for all your kind words! We are happy knowing we were able to help in a time of need and aid in getting you to the finishing line. We know when catastrophes in the home occur it is already stressful enough so when we can help relieve that stress, we are happy to do so!! We are glad we could address everything for your home and look forward to working with you both again in the future. Take Care!

05/16/2019

Michelle D.

Excellent. Showed up on time, they get the work done on the time frame that they said they would, quality of the work is excellent.

Description of Work
They put a wood siding, Aztec siding. Replaced some decorative items, wooden items on the front of my house. Renovated the dorms of my dormers on the top of house.

Category remodeling, siding

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for allowing ARDO to address the repairs on the front of your house. We are very pleased with the turn out as well and are so happy you love it too! We look forward to the next project! Take Care!

05/15/2019

James S.

Its going excellent. Highly recommend Top notch. Very accommodating. Customer oriented.

Description of Work
electrical work

Category electrician

[Member Name Removed], It is Always a pleasure working with you and [Member Name Removed]! We look forward to the next project! Take Care!

05/15/2019

Bucky P.

Perfect, exactly as contracted. Every issues came out was fixed in acceptable manner. I just found them very easy to deal with and I have a beautiful kitchen.

Description of Work
They did a total remodel to my kitchen after the construction so they did an addition to the kitchen 4 and a half feet extension and 17 ft long.

Category home remodeling

[Member Name Removed], We are so glad everything about the kitchen turned out exactly how you had envisioned it! We always enjoy working with you and [Member Name Removed] and thank you for allowing us to be apart of your projects throughout the years! Take Care!

06/27/2017

Josephine H.

Everything went really well. There were no problems, the leak is fixed, and I was satisfied with the service.

Description of Work
Fixed a leak inside the ceiling i my sons bedroom.

09/05/2015

BRIAN W.

An Ardo architect began consulting with us several months before work began, which really helped us hammer out the details before we became fully committed to one plan or idea. Once work began, the lead carpenter arrived every morning at exactly 7:30. Before leaving each afternoon he stacked all tools and materials out of our way, broom cleaned the entire work area, and took all waste and construction debris with him. He checked in with us frequently about how we wanted small details handled, such as the placement of cabinet knobs and the color of lighting fixture trims. The corporate office also checked in with us frequently to let us know when other workers, such as electricians or plumbers, would be coming to the house and to give us advance notice of when each partial payment would be due. Almost every worker Ardo sent to our home ? every carpenter, plumber, electrician, and helper ? was not only a skilled craftsman but was also warm, friendly, and communicative, especially the lead carpenter, Dave Arnold, who seemed dedicated to making sure we were getting exactly what we wanted. The only exception was Ardo?s painting crew, which did a sloppy job and showed little interest in our opinion of their work. My wife and I decided not to press for a discount because Dave had already performed quite a few tasks for us, unrequested, that were not in the contract. He fixed several squeaky sections of our subfloor, for instance, without being asked. In fact, I don?t think he would even have told me about it if I hadn?t asked what he was up to. My wife and I feel that those extra touches more than make up for the painting crew. The project was estimated to take 7 weeks but Ardo wrapped it up in a month.

Description of Work
Full kitchen remodel, including installation of new cabinets, countertops, appliances, window, and lighting system. Ardo also removed half of the wall between our kitchen and dining room and replaced it with a serving peninsula. They also vented our range hood to the outside through the attic, and replaced a set of colonial stair banisters with customized Arts & Crafts style banisters. For an additional $500, Ardo created a temporary kitchen in our basement using our old stove, refrigerator, and one cabinet base. That was worth every penny. In addition, we had a new floor installed throughout the upper level of the house, and although Ardo did not do the installation, their team worked seamlessly and cooperatively with the contractors we hired to install the floor. We purchased our cabinets, countertops, appliances, window, and banister components from separate vendors, so I didn’t include the cost of those items in this report.

Category plumbing, remodeling, architect, home remodeling

04/10/2015

Nathaniel L.

This job started out great. Good communication. Signed contract with reasonable estimate. Great guy coming out to do the work. Communication and punctuality dropped almost immediately. The worker that was doing the job was obviously over-tasked, and often would not show up when planned, or would show on days that weren't planned. There was damage to my property that was rectified, but joked about. When you step through the ceiling below - I expect the patching up to look like nothing happened. Not the case with Ardo. I NEVER received updates/comms from the office unless I initiated them - and then I'd receive very little information back. This wouldn't be a problem except for the fact that the 2 WEEK JOB took 9 WEEKS - and was only finished in 9 weeks b/c I became a pain in their butt. I asked again and again when the guy was coming out, they'd give me a day, and then he may or may not show up. When confronted I was told that he was pulled onto another job. Never an apology. It seemed every other job always had priority. The original contract was for $7,430 -- in the end I paid ~$9k b/c of unexpected changes in the work performed. The contact said that a change of contract would have to be made if there were changes. Nobody from Ardo ever told me that some of the work was out of scope and would cost extra. There were no modifications to the contract, just extra charges in the end. I could go on and on... the mortar is already cracking. The tub seal is peeling. There was a mess left by my driveway. I was charged for more "unexpected" things Overall the experience was terrible. I will not recommend Ardo to anyone.

Description of Work
Remodeled main floor bathroom. - moved wall - replaced tub - re-routed plumbing - replaced toilet - tiled floor - replaced sink - installed recessed mirror/cabinet - tiled tub walls - painted

Category drywall, handyman service, masonry, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

12/23/2014

Catherine F.

EXCELLENT! Quick response and quality repair

Description of Work
Fixed a leak promptly in a gutter that was running inside our house

09/15/2014

Karen B.

Below average work...no finishing touches, outlets not square, did work not contracted, misdirected electric and then billed me for fixing their mistake. Estimated 5 days work and took 3 weeks. Didn't show up to work on several days because they had and quot;important clients to work forand quot; - yet didn't call to inform me that they wouldn't be coming. Created trip hazards on floor at top of stairs that I'll have to pay to correct. They worked on hourly with a cap of fee...fudged their hours (I kept track from day one). When I questioned the hours billed the OWNER (who billed hours he never worked) agreed to deduct 1 1/2 hours out of 20. Amazingly, the hours billed matched the cap. Funny. I was assured that they wouldn't come close to that cap. As they were leaving, I noticed that they were taking the excess materials with them = materials that I had paid for. I can't express how disappointed and steamed I am about this company. Some people have had good luck. I think it all depends on the people doing the work. The chuckleheads I had could have been replaced by any High School woodworking class attendee. Steer Clear unless you feel like a roll of the dice.

Description of Work
Demo pocket wall, install column, relocate electrical outlet into column, lay laminate in hallway.

06/14/2014

Sarah G.

ARDO had been recommended by my mother-in-law. Jim lived up to his reputation. He arrived promptly and spent two hours explaining options and giving an estimate. He offered additional sources for more information and was very patient. While we were only looking for an estimate I am confident we will use ARDO when it is time for drawings and construction.

Description of Work
Estimate of future house addition

05/03/2014

Brian B.

Arrived on time and quickly replaced a failed bushing that blocked the water. Charged minimum for a visit.

Description of Work
Repaired outside faucet.

Category plumbing

04/21/2014

Susan S.

They did a very good job. They were very neat, they were responsive, and the work was done very well. I thought they were a little expensive.

Description of Work
We used ARDO Contracting, Inc. They did about 35 different things that I needed done in the home, and they did them all. They did dry wall, patching, they put in the front porch steps for me and other general home maintenance kind of activities.

Category handyman service

12/10/2013

Catherine F.

Excellent and trustworthy. They did the job as we arranged, but, as the work neared completion, offered to paint the walls at no additional cost. Excellent workmanship. At a later date, in a different room, I had water coming into an interior wall. They were prompt in fixing the leak as rain was forecasted.

Description of Work
Replaced a ceiling. Also repaired a leak in the roof

Category drywall

07/28/2013

George M.

Paul Arnold, the kowener of ARDO contracting is easy to work with and very honest. No project was too big or too small for Ardo. All projects were completed within schedule and budget, and ARDO fairly accounted for changes in project scope and price. Ardo stands by their work and offered warranties, which they always honored (even a year after the work had been completed). Paul and his project managers/architect listened to us and developed creative solutions to meet our home improvement needs.

Description of Work
This provider was hired as our faimly's general contractor beginning July 2000 and ending June 2013 when we moved from the Baltimore area. They designed and built two additions to our home (2nd story master bedroom suite with balcony as well as designing and building a gourmet kitchen). Ardo also designed and built a media/family room, and they finished a portion of our basement adding a fifth bedroom with half bath. We also hired Ardo to provide general contracting for minor home repairs during our recent home sales process.

Category remodeling, architect, home remodeling

05/20/2013

Diane R.

See above...the home is picture perfect.

Description of Work
ARDO remodeled our 1881 Victorian in a restoration manner. They were excellent. Our home won them several awards for their work. I highly recommend them. They started the long going project in April 1998 and completed it in late 1999.

Category drywall, egress windows, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, doors

02/03/2013

Linda L.

I enjoyed watching the process and whenever you watch something being built there will be surprises and changes. Ardo workers dealt with the surprises and our changes as they worked. Watching the addition change daily and morph into our lovely finished room was not without curve balls, but turned out to be a wonderful experience.

Description of Work
We met with the Ardo architect who listened to our wishes and then drew up options for adding a porch to our house. We absolutely loved one of the designs. They listened to us on how we planned to use the room and worked with us until we came to a great design. We have now gone through a year of use and are only sorry we didn't do it sooner. The porch is so well integrated into our house and our use and it does not look like an addition. We continue to get rave reviews.

Category remodeling, architect, sunrooms

06/21/2012

Bohumira H.

I think they were very good. They were friendly.

Description of Work
ARDO Contracting came out to do some remodeling work for us.

Category remodeling, architect

08/17/2011

BRIAN W.

All five Ardo employees with whom my wife and I dealt were very professional, polite, friendly and communicative. Dave Winyall, Division Manager, came out to the house twice to make sure that he, my wife, and I all had the same understanding of the project before we signed the contract. He also double-checked all the materials that my wife and I had purchased to make sure they were appropriate for the job and that they'd arrive on-site on time. Ryan Arnold, Project Manager, called or emailed me at least once a day throughout the project to keep me updated on the team's progress, to ask if I had any questions, and to remind me when he would need the next scheduled payment, as per our contract. Perry, the Jack-of-all-trades who spent the most time on our project, was highly efficient and astonishingly quiet, even though he had to do quite a bit of nailing. He did nearly everything except the plumbing. Ryan had emailed me a detailed schedule of the job before work began so that my wife and I could see which tasks were to be performed on which days and how many workmen to expect from one day to the next. At the end of each day, Perry was either on or ahead of that schedule, and most of the time we hardly even knew he was in the house. Ardo's price might seem a bit high considering that my wife and I had purchased so many materials ourselves, but we determined that the cost was a reasonable exchange for Ardo's ability to coordinate the entire effort. They didn't use any subcontractors on our project, despite its small size, so they were able to schedule their workers for maximum time efficiency. Whenever Perry was ready for a plumber, an Ardo plumber showed up. If it hadn't been for two small glitches near the end, this project would have finished a day ahead of schedule. The job got extended because a faucet part needed to be ordered and the original ventilation fan was noisy and probably defective. Ardo resolved both issues in just a few days.

Description of Work
Small bathroom remodel which included the following: Full demolition; replace baseboard molding and drywall ceiling; install customer-supplied floor tile, vanity top, shower and sink faucets, fiberglass shower surround, and shower curtain rod; reinstall original toilet and vanity; replace a noisy ventilation fan; construct 3 new shelves next to vanity.

Category home remodeling

04/01/2011

Alexandra D.

They are very small. They do quality work. The workers are excellent and very good. They were complications but we can work it out with them. They are hard to get a hold off. They are a small company but they get a lot of work. They don't always get back to you.

Description of Work
We used Ardo Contracting Inc last summer to do some repair work.

06/03/2009

Maryann E.

They did not charge us for the plans. They did a good job. The architect was very good at figuring out what I wanted. He also explained about the plans and also how it fit with the budget. He was at my house daily and supervised it well. The crew was respectful of my house. They managed to keep the mess minimal even though it was a very muddy winter. They helped me out once when I got stuck. They were so nice and competent. They did not mind my overseeing. They also do small jobs as well. I called them once to hang some mirrors. I am so pleased with the job. They were wonderful.

Description of Work
I used them to renovate my house. They tore the porch and built a sun room and a master bedroom above it. They also built a nice personalized room for my daughter and a loft above it.

MCP Chimney & Masonry Inc

MCP Chimney & Masonry Services Inc. is the premier chimney and fireplace service provider in the greater Baltimore-Washington metropolitan area and the sole source provider of building, installation and repair services for numerous builders, property managers and several leading area fireplace and woodstove retailers. We are currently in our 16th year of operation and we are very proud of our company and take great pride in our professional standards and quality of work. We have earned a solid reputation in the community for being a quality service provider proven by our roster of over 20,000 satisfied customers. MCP employs teams of knowledgeable certified technicians and has implemented a service deployment plan incorporating an experienced management staff along with an enterprise software solution to deliver a cost-effective way to design, renovate or repair your fireplace, woodstove or chimney while delivering high quality service.

AmeriPro Remodeling LLC

Remodeling - Design-build company with great experience, ensures our clients excellent quality at affordable prices all year round. • You get expert advice on design and technological issues • Our team of specialists and managers solve your most ambitious goals • Flexible pricing and good management enable us to always find a compromise and move forward with you WE WILL BE HAPPY TO COOPERATE WITH YOU

Offers Coupon

Bartz Landscaping

Our Mission at Bartz Landscaping is to design, build, and maintain Outdoor Living Spaces and Scenery to create Timeless Memories for our Clients. Bartz Landscaping is a customer-centric organization that fulfills their daily operations and mission with the Utmost Care and Attention-To-Detail for our Customers. We believe that we will accomplish our Goals and Targets- by helping our Customers, Vendors, Staff, and Community in accomplishing Their Goals and Targets. Bartz Landscaping is specialized and exhibits their talents through Pool & Spa Building, Landscaping, Hardscaping & Masonry, Drainage Solutions, and Horticulture. Sean Bartz, Founder & Owner, can be found providing solutions, coaching and developing the Team, helping our Clients, and Sharing Smiles & Positivity. MHIC #137028. MDA- F1170

Offers Coupon

19789
    MHIC

Additions. Design, build & remodeling. Handyman. Masonry. Plumbing. All of your residential and light commericial remodeling and improvement needs.