Abbyart Decorative Painting

Founded 1998 • With Angi since July 2010

Abbyart Decorative Painting is a family owned and run residential contracting company serving the Baltimore Washington Annapolis region. We specialize in residential interior painting as well as tile design and installation. Mike Lipiner, the owner will personally come to your home to meet with

Fireplace WallSupport PillarFireplace Accent

interior painting (48)tile installation (11)drywall (9)wallpaper removal (6)handyman (5)home remodeling (3)basement remodeling (1)woodworking (1)house painting (1)marble & granite (1)

04/05/2021

Michael P.

Mike was nice, but the drywall repair work is substandard. Had to show him where mesh fit repairs was still exposed on “finished” repairs. The workmanship is no better than a novice or apprentice. Do not hire him.

Description of Work
Drywall repair for ceiling.

Category drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/04/2021

02/24/2021

rose L.

Terrific! Mike addressed all of my specific concerns with professionalism and excellent work we are very pleased and would recommend him again. !!Having him back to address the shotty work of another floor installer. 😁😁

Description of Work
Tiling Bathroom And Kitchen Backsplash

Category ceramic tile

Work Completed On 02/23/2021

01/16/2021

Ellen C.

My sisters and I hired Mike while working to prepare our father's home for sale. Our father had recently moved to an assisted living facility and our goal was to have the house ready to sell as soon as possible. I found Mike on Angie's List and I am SO glad I did! We hired Mike to repair and replace tile in two bathrooms. But, we quickly learned that Mike's skills extend far beyond complex tile work. As the renovations continued, Mike did a variety of jobs for us including painting, plumbing and woodworking, Mike is extremely easy to work with, flexible, and a terrific problem-solver. Our dad's home is about 35 years old and presented us with a variety of unique challenges. Mike was our savior, offering solutions. and going way above and beyond what we asked of him many times. Don't let his company name fool you - Mike knows a great deal about many aspects of home repair and renovation. He is flexible and great with timelines. Since my sisters and I do not live in the area, Mike became our eyes and ears at our dad's house as a variety of repair people arrived to do their work. He is trustworthy, kind, and reasonably priced. I hope you can see from this review that we cannot recommend Mike Lipiner highly enough!

Description of Work
Tile Repair

Category ceramic tile, drywall, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/10/2020

11/10/2020

Brian C.

Mike did an amazing job for a fair price. I didn't want to go with a big company with contracted painters so I was looking for someone that would treat my home as their own and give it the same attention to detail that I would have. I found that in Mike. He completed two medium sized rooms, a half bath and trim within 4 days, repaired the walls where needed, and even offered to come back days later for a touch up after I scratched the walls hanging pictures. Can't beat that service! I will use Mike again and recommend him for all your painting needs. currierb1@gmail.com if you would like additional information

Description of Work
Living Room, Half Bath, Kitchen, Trim

Work Completed On 11/02/2020

10/25/2020

Donna O.

Mike did a great job. Very professional and wonderful to work with. I would highly recommend Mike to anyone who needs work done.

Description of Work
Interior painting.

Work Completed On 10/25/2020

10/24/2020

heidi J.

Mike was professional, informative, and a pleasure to work with on the project. He truly wants you to be happy with every phase of the project. Would definitely work with him again.

Description of Work
Kitchen backsplash install

Category ceramic tile

Work Completed On 10/18/2020

10/21/2020

Pat T.

Mike is absolutely a gem to work with! He was courteous and extremely helpful in assisting me with decisions regarding paint contrast colors, quality of paint, etc. I would hire him again in a heartbeat!

Description of Work
Painting of five interior accent walls

Work Completed On 10/17/2020

10/21/2020

Laurie L.

It went extremely well. If A+ was a grade choice, I would give that. Mike was very professional. He showed up on time each day & worked an 8 hour day. He did the job in the amount of time he quoted. He does fantastic work! He is reliable, honest & very easy to work with. We can't wait to have him back again!

Description of Work
We gave our half bath & full bath a facelift. Mike removed wallpaper in both bathrooms, painted, installed mirrors & lighting, & put up new towel racks & toilet paper holders. In addition to all that he repaired holes in our ceiling from work done by a plumber & fixed a spot in the kitchen where there had been a leak.

Category drywall, wallpaper removal, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/20/2020

08/04/2020

Walter H.

Mike was amazing! He did a great job, and everything looks great! most definitely recommend you to my friends and family. He left everything clean, like he had never been there. Thanks Mike we really appreciate all your hard work!

Description of Work
Painting and drywall work

Category drywall, wallpaper removal, interior painters

03/13/2020

Rachel W.

We hired Mike last fall to remove wallpaper and paint our kitchen, and a week ago he came back for more of the same. He works alone and does a wonderful job. We experienced very little disruption in using our kitchen because he cleaned up thoroughly after each day's work. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
wallpaper removal, painting

Category wallpaper removal, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/04/2020

08/23/2019

kumar B.

Mike was awesome. He is a true professional who carries out his work meticulously. Often a paint job can be messy but not with Mike who has a lot of patience for details etc. I will recommend Mike anytime and would hire him all the time for my painting projects.

Description of Work
Painting several rooms

Work Completed On 08/17/2019

08/06/2019

Kathie M.

Very well. Mike is a great painter and cleans up afterwards. I am very happy.

Description of Work
Painted a bedroom.

Work Completed On 08/06/2019

11/03/2018

Robert E.

Mike Lipiner's estimate was the most reasonable one I received. He was punctual, professional, and helpful in coordinating color choices. He did an excellent job and always cleaned up after each day's work. And, he is a great guy.

Description of Work
Kitchen wallpaper removal, prep and painting of kitchen walls, removal of old kitchen exhaust hood and installation of new hood, installation of ceramic/glass backsplash, removal of fluorescent kitchen ceiling fixture, repairing and painting of kitchen ceiling, installation of new kitchen lighting fixture.

Category ceramic tile, wallpaper removal, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/27/2018

10/07/2018

desiree R.

Mike is professional, hardworking, and efficient. He painted our cabinets beautifully and the project came out exactly as we would have liked! This is our second time using him and we will continue to ask for his service!

Description of Work
We needed our cabinets repainted in the kitchen

05/25/2018

Sharyn Y.

Mike was great. He did a wonderful job painting our condo. Definitely would hire again and will recommend to friends,

Description of Work
Painting all rooms in a 2 bedroom condo

Work Completed On 05/25/2018

05/07/2018

Ashleigh P.

Mike was a joy to have around the house. Always willing to do more work, showed up on time and worked full days. He was extremely professional and his work was impeccable. I couldn’t recommend him more!! Thanks, Mike!

Description of Work
We initially asked Mike to come out for some light paint work inside and outside. Once we saw how thorough he was, we ended up asking him to do a ton more which he happily accommodated. He was with us for about a week and a half and performed the following: Purchased all materials (including getting some of our current old paint matched), painted master bathroom, painted mud room, painted outdoor shutters, touched up paint all over the house, painted and installed new trim in all wet areas, tiled our tub surround, caulked, installed our bathroom vanities, painted and installed doors, and fixed some tile work that our previous contractor had not done properly.

Category ceramic tile, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/01/2018

04/18/2018

Jill L.

Mike from Abbyart did the interior painting for an 1100 sq ft condo (primer and 2 coats of painting), painted my oak kitchen cabinets white and completed backsplash tiling for the kitchen. Mike was also was kind enough to install my kitchen appliances for me (the store told me installation was included but the delivery people did not install anything). Mike took on extra work and was willing to do this without charging me. He is kind and very detail-oriented. He would not say the job was finished, until he was satisfied that everything was done correctly.

Description of Work
Interior painting, painting kitchen cabinets and backsplash tiling

Category ceramic tile, remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/01/2018

Review for Abbyart Decorative Painting - 6229 Bird Race, Columbia, MD - 36992150

04/11/2018

Reshmi N.

We contacted Mike for painting our new home. He was very responsive and professional. He provided good suggestions and helped us finalize the colors. Everything turned out great and we would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Painting and some drywall patching

Work Completed On 07/27/2017

02/25/2018

Alan F.

Mike does good work, is very flexible, wants you to be happy, and probably can't be beat on pricing. He's completed 2-3 projects, depending on how you look at it, over a few years time. When the first project's scope changed he didn't miss a beat. When an issue arose he handled it at additional investment of his time and budget. His recommendations at times were better than my direction. Use him and communicate to him clearly as you go along. He's committed.

Description of Work
Interior painting, back splash installation, microwave installation

Category drywall, handyman service, marble & granite, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/25/2018

02/05/2018

Yael H.

Mike was incredibly professional and did an amazing job. I am recommending him to all of my friends

Description of Work
House painting

Work Completed On 01/05/2018

01/23/2018

charles K.

Excellent communication. Work was very timely from when requested. Great quality work; very professional throughout and so pleasant to deal with. Most work we’ve had done in past has left us disappointed, with flaws and usually a subpar experience overall. So happy that this wasn’t the case here; even exceeded our expectations. Will definitely use again!

Description of Work
Painting living and dining room

Work Completed On 01/23/2018

01/13/2018

Leonard M.

This isn't the first time we've used Abbyart. Mike has done work for us several times before. He does great work and the results are always terrific. I highly recommend Abbyart to anyone looking for a professional painting company.

Description of Work
We had several rooms in our home painted as well as some repairs. Abbyart painted the kitchen, 2 bathrooms and a bedroom.

Category drywall

Work Completed On 12/11/2017

01/02/2018

Bonnie P.

Mike Lipiner did an awesome job finishing our basement - including painting. He was very professional and reliable and the finished project was great!!

Description of Work
Basement finishing and painting

Category interior painters, basement remodeling