Adcocks Trapping Service

Founded 1970 • With Angi since October 2005

Founded by John Adcock Sr. (The Original Trapper John) who started out over 50 years ago primarily helping out farmers and landowners controlling animals from preying on livestock or crops. His reputation for honesty, fairness, common sense and respect for wildlife allowed for our companies steady growth to the point where we are now into our 3rd generation family owned and operated. Having almost 20 people with close to 200 years combined experience. Allowing us to combine prompt response and unequaled expertise to provide the most complete service available. Many new companies and some older exterminators (Bug Guys) have begun trying to provide animal services. Do not be fooled by amateurs and imitators. Trust your family and your home only to the professionals at Adcock’s Trapping Service as over 100,000 local customers have for over 40 years. Adcock’s Trapping Service is committed to complete customer satisfaction. With over 50 years of local experience, we have the largest, most experienced staff in the area. Call us today! If it runs, climbs, slithers or flies, we’ll catch it and keep it out, guaranteed! Additional phones - (410) 280-3300, (703) 352-7750. Award winning....

A Service Provider's profile image

+5 more images

animal removal (338)roofing (10)chimney cap repair (6)gutter repair (4)chimney repair (1)pest control (113)

09/01/2021

Richetta C.

The work was excellent. Will came for the estimate and was very polite and kind. He explained the process to me and answered my questions. Fortunately, whatever was in my attic vacated before Will arrived so I was able to proceed with repairs without fear of trapping any unfortunate critters inside my attic. All of the work was unobtrusive and remained outside. J.P. and Austin were the ones that did the repairs. I was very happy with the end results! They too were both very kind and polite and addressed all of my questions. For both appointments (estimate and repair), the technicians were on time. They worked very efficiently too. I was very happy that I found a company who could deal with both possible animal removal and the repair of damage caused by animals getting into the attic.

Description of Work
Checked for evidence of bird/squirrel presence in attic and repaired the damage done by animals chewing into siding and through the aged hardware cloth.

Work Completed On 08/27/2021

12/22/2020

Sheara J.

Poor Customer Service and Lack of communication within the office! Michelle the Owner and Nikki both lack communication and basic office etiquette! Their lack of follow through impacts both their customers and their field employees and the arrogant nonchalant attitudes they have...is just disgusting! After previously using their services a few years ago and highly recommending them.. my most recent interactions have been deplorable! Take your business elsewhere!

Description of Work
Squirrels in Roof

Work Completed On 12/22/2020

11/09/2020

stephen C.

Called before hand, showed up when promised, took about 20mins from start to finish. Checked to make sure there were sparrows in the nest, sealed up the hole in the siding. all in all a 5/5 experience.

Description of Work
Bird nesting behind siding

Work Completed On 11/09/2020

08/12/2020

John H.

Thorough inspection of the roof showed that there was no way for a racoon to have entered. That was consistent with our not having heard any motion from the attic. We were charged far less than we had expected to pay. It was well worth it to us to know for sure that there was no racoon in the attic. We will call Adcocks for any potential animal trapping services that we need in the future.

Description of Work
Removal from our attic of a racoon that a neighbor claimed to have seen entering our attic.

Work Completed On 08/12/2020

07/29/2020

Megan J.

My experience was good. They did what they were supposed to do. The gentleman was very friendly. I don't have any complaints.

Description of Work
removed raccoons

Work Completed On 10/01/2019

07/10/2020

Katherine B.

He only inspected to tell me where there they were.

Description of Work
Removal of ground hogs

Work Completed On 07/06/2020

05/28/2020

Sharon K.

So glad the first two companies I tried fell through, and I ended up with this one. They were quick, professional, friendly, and explained everything at every step. All told, it will cost about $1200 to cover everything we're having done. Would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Removal of dead raccoon, removal of live raccoons in attic, repair of their access points.

Work Completed On 05/28/2020

05/17/2020

Cheryl B.

Great job catching a smart raccoon!

Description of Work
Capture Raccoon

Work Completed On 05/16/2020

04/26/2020

Darrett G.

Had a problem with them nesting under my bottom deck and digging holes under the foundation of my home they came out for that week and on day 3 we caught the big one sealed the holes with concrete and had no other problems there team was very professional!

Description of Work
groundhogs trapping service

Work Completed On 04/26/2020

04/24/2020

Mark F.

The raccoon was promptly trapped over night and the babies were removed the following day. Very informative and delivered a prompt resolution. Good people to work with.

Description of Work
Raccoon removal

Work Completed On 04/24/2020

Review for Adcocks Trapping Service - 9215 51st Ave, College Park, MD - 38519818

03/20/2020

Eli K.

Adcocks had handled a raccoon removal for us last year so I called them again when we needed birds kept out of a 2nd story air vent. I called on a Wednesday afternoon and Adcocks was there by Friday morning. The technicians were friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. Most importantly, they got the job done and we've had no issues since. Adcocks is a great company and I intend to use them for any future animal removal issues.

Description of Work
Animal Removal

Work Completed On 03/06/2020

05/13/2019

Robin T.

Everything went very well. Two groundhogs (a young and mother) were quickly trapped and relocated. Everyone at Adcock's who I've spoken with is very helpful, and I highly recommend them for removing pain-in-the-butt wild animals.

Description of Work
I had groundhogs digging under my house and shed and needed them removed.

Work Completed On 04/25/2019

04/21/2019

Robin T.

After a bad experience with another company where I wasted my money, I called Adcock’s because I was hearing scratching noises in my living room ceiling. A squirrel was the obvious suspect, because there was also a hole chewed through my soffit. Adcock’s tried many times to trap the squirrel and kept coming back almost every day until they finally caught one. They also patched the hole in the soffit at no extra cost! (They patched the hole twice because the first time they’d done it—where we’d mistakenly thought it had gone away—the squirrel came back and chewed a new hole right next to the patch.) I was really surprised by their tenacity, responsiveness, and courtesy, and plan to use them again soon. (Squirrels and groundhogs have suddenly become a big problem for me due to a house next door to me being demolished and rebuilt.)

Description of Work
Squirrel removal

Work Completed On 03/08/2019

12/31/2018

LOUISE S.

I was able to get a pest control visit scheduled pretty quickly after noticing the issue. Chris, the tech, was very knowledgeable and correctly predicted the source of the creepy nighttime noises in the subfloor above the bedroom - a "flying squirrel," which was eventually trapped/eliminated. (I had no idea we had them in the area.) Due to the design of our townhouse, he had to do some climbing to try to locate an entry point for the critter. No problem with Chris, and I would hire him again. However, the office staff failed to initiate promised follow ups - I had to do the call backs, hence the C rating on Responsiveness.

Description of Work
Removal of critter in subfloor

Work Completed On 10/16/2018

10/08/2018

Jennifer V.

Great- he found the source where the mouse was getting in, and gave us some suggestions for quick fixes we could do ourselves. He set some traps, and we haven't seen the mouse since. (Although we never did find a mouse in any of the traps.) Very nice, easy to contact, responsive.

Description of Work
Catch a mouse

Work Completed On 01/16/2017

08/14/2018

Alex T.

Adcocks trapping does great work; The price is a bit steep I think but I had no problem paying it for the quality of the work that was done. I had Adcocks trapping come out almost 2 years ago now to seal my house against mice; I live in a home from 1963 and there were plenty of spots, some that I were not even aware of, for mice to get in. Adcock sent out an engineer I would have to say, as he went around my entire property documenting what needed to be sealed and presented that report to me. I then had the option to pay or not, no pressure, which I thought was excellent. With the amount of information they gave me, I could have tried to do it myself which I really appreciated. I decided to pay for the work and they came right out and sealed up the house real good. Ever since then, I have had ZERO mice. They gave me a 5 year warranty on the work they did. If I ever have any more pest issues, they will be the first ones I call.

Description of Work
Mouse prevention (sealing the outside of the house)

Work Completed On 11/14/2016

07/24/2018

A K T.

Adcock's was fabulous. I called early in the morning and they were available almost immediately. They arrived promptly, captured the squirrel, and repaired my chimney cap to prevent more squirrels from getting in. They gave me an estimate over the phone and that was what I was charged. They were polite and professional. No muss, no fuss. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Squirrel Extracted from Chimney/Fireplace and Repairs to Bar Future Incursions

Category chimney caps, animal removal

Work Completed On 07/24/2018

05/30/2018

Kiran K.

Set up traps and the squirrels were caught and transported.

Description of Work
Squirrels in domer

Work Completed On 05/09/2018

05/10/2018

Dan I.

Adcock came and diagnosed the problem, then came back a few weeks later (their schedule was booked up) to resolve it

Description of Work
birds in our vents

Work Completed On 05/01/2018

05/07/2018

Candace C.

They came out, did a review of the attic exterior and interior, and verified that there were no holes that would allow animals (birds, squirrels, etc) into the attic.

Description of Work
Investigate sounds of potential animals in attic

Work Completed On 03/23/2018

04/26/2018

OONA S.

Aaron called ten minutes before arriving at the time promised. He listened when i described and showed the reasons why his company was called. He went into the attic vial a small closet opening. He got ladders from his truck to remove what he found in two locations and put mesh over one vent as well as nailing up a drooping soffit on the 2nd story to prevent reoccurance. When he was finished, he explained what he found and the reason the birds got in.

Description of Work
extract birds and nests from soffitt and exhaust vent.

Work Completed On 04/26/2018

03/23/2018

Leish C.

They figured out the problem quickly, and repaired the spots where the sqirrells were entering and leaving. They were professional and polite, and I would definitely use them again! They obviously know what they are doing.

Description of Work
We had flying sqirrels in our attic.

Category gutter repair, animal removal

Work Completed On 02/14/2018