S S White

With Angi since June 2005

10821 Williamson Ln Bldg E

Cockeysville, MD 21030

S. S. White Doors offers full garage door and garage door opener service. We have been serving Baltimore, MD and the surrounding areas for over 60 years. We offer all your garage door and garage door opener needs. We carry a wide selection of garage doors and garage door openers products. We have a showroom displaying the products we carry and we will help you select the perfect door or opener you need from our selection of garage door and garage door openers....

06/27/2016

Amy S.

Our garage door broke over the weekend and we could not open it. I called the emergency line and the man who answered was terribly rude. His tone was forceful and he was definitely not eager to help us in any way. I hung up before even getting all the information. Being polite is essential to getting customer's business. We will be using someone else!

Description of Work
We did not select this provider because of the lack of professionalism.

01/31/2016

DENNIS S.

I was extremely pleased with the service provided by the firm in installing my new garage door motor and system on January 28, 2016. The fellow who did it who I believe is named Bill, arrived on time at 7:00 am, did a very efficient job of installing it and allowed me to get to work on time. Bill also recalled that he had worked on this door in 1992! We have always used S.S. White since we moved in in 1988 and will do so in the future as well as recommend it to others. It speaks well of the company that they have retained such a great employee as Bill for so long.

Description of Work
Replaced a garage door motor and system and installing new system. Also identified a wire on door that was fraying and would eventually fail.

11/30/2015

Joan O.

Everything went fine. S S White sends out the same technician every time I use them. As I am very deaf, I trust them enough to leave the garage door open for him to come in and do the work and he does a great job. The whole company is wonderful.

Description of Work
fixed two garage door opener remotes; adjusted the beam; fixed the opener; unjammed the wall button

Category garage doors

Thank you. We appreciate you being an S. S. White customer. Our technicians always strive to provide quality service and I am happy to see we once again met your expectations.

09/17/2015

Dolores W.

The technician (Al) arrived on time. Our Garage door had a mind of its own. There were times when the door would work properly. Then there were time when it would start to go down then it would go back up or it would go up stop then go back down. I checked the sensors (eye), cleaned them but it did not fix my problem. I then called S. S. White. Al was very knowledgeable and honest. He adjusted the force and oiled the door. I highly recommend S. S. White

Description of Work
Adjusted Force and Oiled Garage Door

08/03/2015

Owen W.

Came out to provide an estimate within a couple of days of 1st contact by telephone. The estimator was also the technician who would later perform the installation and not just a salesperson. He knew exactly what to measure and how the products being sold actually worked. We decided on a door model, style, and color after which the estimator took detailed measurements. He noted the garage floor at the door was not perfectly level which might affect the weatherproofing. (In the end, it did not, but we appreciated the heads-up.) We provided a deposit and waited for the door to be built and delivered by the manufacturer. (They are custom-built based on the measurements.) I had not heard anything after approximately two months and called S.S. White's office. Turns out the doors had come in. The person on the phone apologized and we were scheduled for installation within 2 weeks. The installer arrived as expected (about 6:45am - he starts EARLY!). Surprisingly, only this one person completely disassembled our old door and installed the new one - including new tracks, opener, and sensors - in a little under 6 hours, which was exactly how much time he had estimated. He took his time to explain the door's operation (simple) as well as the maintenance procedures which would help ensure a long life. The door has operated flawlessly and looks GREAT. It is painted steel (with insulation) and requires minimal maintenance, unlike the old wooden door which was definitely showing its age. Overall, we are very happy with S.S. White and would use them again.

Description of Work
Replaced a 30+ year old wooden two-car garage door plus opener. (We found out later the original door had also been installed by S.S. White.)

Category garage doors, woodworking

07/27/2015

BOB R.

Positive experience--problem was not fixed after first service--call back no issue and no additional labor charge...so far so good on most recent repair

Description of Work
replaced broken parts and adjusted garage opener to avoid hard closing

06/11/2015

FRANK B.

FANTASTIC SERVICE!!!!...We have used this company for over 15 years!....Can't say enough good things about this company!! They always arrive on time and do a very professional job...They responded quickly when we had an emergency due to bad weather. Bill took the time to explain all the features on the new installation ....Carol is great on the phone and always follows up after the job is done...

Description of Work
Installed 2 Linear garage door openers today

05/21/2015

Claire F.

We have used this company for years. They are always prompt, knowledgeable, and effective.

Description of Work
Programmed the garage door opener and provided routine maintenance.

05/21/2015

Felicity B.

He was knowledgable and Honest. I had called other places but they all immediately wanted to sell me a new garage door opener. I suspected that once they came out to look things over there would be a service fee which would be waived if a brought the garage door opener and I would then buy what I didn't need. I liked my service man and will use SS White from now on!!

Description of Work
Fixed the chain on my garage door opener

05/18/2015

Richard H.

.Went well. They knew what had to be done and did it. New style elec. operator and large radius ells on track to increase height of operating door.

Description of Work
Modified my existing door to fit new car dimensions.

05/11/2015

Kevin H.

Ordered new door approximately 6 weeks ago. Installation was exactly as described with new tracks, rollers and trim. New door works perfectly and is much lighter and quieter than old one. Installation time was about 6 hours including take down of old and install of new.

Description of Work
Remove old Garage Door, tracks and trim and install new insulated door and hardware.

Category garage doors, woodworking

03/17/2015

Courtney B.

It was excellent. They had fantastic service, good price and great quality work. Scheduling was good.

Description of Work
They replaced a garage door and operator.

03/03/2015

Lauren D.

not only did Bill fix the problem we were having with our garage door but he went above and beyond to explain to me why certain things happen and how to prevent them! he even took the time to check the other two garage doors for future problems. i will only use this company for our garage door needs! highly highly highly recommended.

Description of Work
made a repair or a broken garage door system.

02/28/2015

Susan H.

Very pleased with service. Technician arrived on time, immediately identified the problem. Fixed one door which was not closing properly and serviced 2nd door, all within minimum 1/2 hour charge of $85

Description of Work
Adjusted and serviced garage doors

06/15/2014

Jean B.

Very quick response. Excellent service. Polite and helpful.

Description of Work
Cleaned and repaired garage door opener.

03/27/2014

STEVEN S.

The technician, "Bill", seems to approach this work as a science. He's prompt,informed, polite and competent. I haven't considered another business since I can't imagine others could beat SS White.

Description of Work
Having used this service for at least ten years, including the installation of a new garage door opener system last spring for an outdated one, I retained them for a winter tune-up.

Category garage doors

Thank you for the positive review and being a S. S. White customer.

03/25/2014

Janine D.

We have used them for years, including service calls and installation of three new openers. Very pleased with their service.

Description of Work
S S White has performed all work on our garage door openers.

Category garage doors

Thank you for being a long time S. S. White customer.

11/07/2013

Gary O.

Excellent. Arrived on time, courteous, very competent, actually found way to reduce the cost of the repair -- saved $50 -- so final cost was less than estimate.

Description of Work
Repaired garage doors.

04/20/2013

Marianne B.

Original garage door opener malfunctioning on 25+ year old house. SS White was assigned to review situation by home warranty company. Repairman came on time and found that opener needed replacement. Also identified the fact that the opener had been improperly installed originally and that it was breaking the garage door and letting cold air in from the outside. Told me what kind of braces to buy at home depot to fix the problem and stabilize the door and installed them at time of new installation of opener at no extra charge. All in all very good service. I am very satisfied. Note that price was my price including deductible and cost of outside key pad. The rest was paid by the home warranty company.

Description of Work
Replacement of garage door opener.

02/08/2013

STEVEN S.

They were very responsive and the pricing is very reasonable. Work is very professional as well; superb for emergency work.

Description of Work
Replacement of automatic opening mechanism to a garage door.

12/05/2012

Roger K.

Cable to our auto garage door snapped. Having been in our home only 2 years we did not know who to call. SS White installed the current door, however the previous owner installed the door opener. Called for service, they arrived first thing the next morning. Repair and adjustments were complete within 30 minutes. Technician was very knowledgeable and informative!! Door looks and sounds better than it ever has. Will call SS White anytime we need repairs in the future!!

Description of Work
Replaced cables both sides of automatic garage door & adjustments as necessary.

09/26/2011

Eleanor S.

They gave me the first available appointment which was one week away. I was able to leave the garage door unlocked so they could do the work and I didn't have to take off work to be there. They came when they said they would and did the repairs as agreed. I have used them for at least 15 years for both repairs and new garage doors. They have always been responsive, prompt and professional.

Description of Work
Replaced broken spring, serviced garage door.

07/25/2011

Alex C.

Service was great, I would use them again. Initially called to replace some old rusty/warped extension springs on garage door. The springs had to be special ordered, so on the first visit, he took the spring measurements and also repaired a damaged pulley. After the springs came in, he returned to install them as well as some safety cables, tightened all the nuts, and oiled everything down. Called again after about a month since we were having some issues with getting the door closed several times. He promptly returned, pointed out the laser was being tripped by some stray leaf caught on the base of the door. Quick and simple fix, no charge for this followup visit.

Description of Work
-replaced extension springs -replaced damaged pulley -tightened nuts, oiled moving parts

06/09/2011

LORETTA T.

Excellent! We received what they promised, and they delivered with courtesy, efficiency, and professionalism!

Description of Work
After having used SS White for many years to replays the springs, wires and remote control on our old, heavy wooden garage door (with great results), we asked for and received an estimate on replacing the door with a lighter, vinyl clad door. We also obtained 2 other estimates. SS White's estimate was reasonable and given our prior experience with the company, we contracted with them to replace our garage door. Their technician was prompt, professional, and helpful with maintenance hints about keeping the tract lubricated. The estimate was the final price. It was a pleasure to do business with them!

05/05/2011

Sharalyn L.

S S White did an awesome job. They did not charge for the house call until after the work was done. They had to come out took a look at it. They ordered the spring and the spring came in before the estimated date. They made arrangement to fix it and everything was done. I would recommend everyone to use S S White definitely. I have nothing to compare their price with. I would use them in the future.

Description of Work
S S White repaired a spring on the garage door.