Maryland Home Theater

Founded 2008 • With Angi since January 2015

828 Warren Rd

Cockeysville, MD 21030

Maryland Home Theater is dedicated to providing outstanding service, sales, and installation to the entire Baltimore-Washington Metropolitan area. We strive to meet every one of our customer’s expectations and pride ourselves on accomplishing this time and time again....

03/06/2017

Great. We had a budget and James from Maryland Home Theater worked with us to make sure the project stayed within our price point.

Description of Work
We had an open space in the basement refinished into two spaces. One space became a dedicated home theater with a projector and 110" screen, remote controlled lighting and seating for 10 plus people. The other is now a lounge area for my teenagers with built in cabinetry, couches and a flat screen TV. This company was one of the few who was able to do handle the entire project - from design to permitting and finally construction and AV installation.

03/02/2017

Jamie B.

Each of the five to six jobs we have done with James and MHT have gone perfectly. He prides himself on his work and it shows. I cannot rave more about him or his company.

Description of Work
We have been using James and Maryland Home Theater for almost five years now. He may be the best contractor we have ever worked with. Whether it's a small or large job (he just completed all the sound in our new home) he does each one with precision, dedication and detail. Nothing goes unnoticed. I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone. No need to get another quote!

02/23/2017

A G.

James listened to what our wishes were and was very responsive to all of our questions along the way. He always got back to me immediately before, during and even after the project was complete.

Description of Work
Home Theater

02/22/2017

Jason B.

James an his team were wonderful to work with and we highly recommend them for their professionalism and skill. It was a wonderful experience and we will certainly be using them in the future!

Description of Work
We hired Maryland Home Theater to install multiple Sonos systems, hang TVs, install speakers and general home theater and audio work.

William P.

It went very well. We will be having the firm do additional work on other parts of our system in the near future.

Description of Work
Our home theater system was damaged by a lightning strike. James provided an assessment of the damage and a list of equipment that needed to be replaced. He provided all of the information we needed for our insurance company.

Tom M.

Great! James from Maryland Home Theater was a pleasure to work . . . he listened to my needs, provided a variety of options in both scope and cost and never gave me the hard sell. Moreover, he worked seamlessly with my builder to install and get everything up and running. And when a couple of unforeseen, minor issues did come up he was very responsive to my requests for help and addressed them immediately. I will definitely use his services again and recommend him to anyone with audio/video needs.

Description of Work
Video and audio needs -- new TVs and surround sound installed in connection with a renovation.

David F.

Outstanding. James helped us get everything done before the Holidays so our extended family could enjoy the new system. Last week we were with friends that installed a similar system in their house and everyone was positive about his professionalism responsiveness and thoroughness.

Description of Work
James installed a SONOS system in our house. It was turnkey from our perspective and it has been one of the best investments we have made in our home. We are a family that loves our music and James has helped us set it up in a way that allows us to access our music and radio from virtually anywhere in the home. He also solved our recurring Wifi problems. Recently I was having trouble with a receiver in the basement that he did not install. Within a day he came out and checked it for me. Before he tried to sell my anything he encouraged me to go to the manufacturer and as it turned out they had a very cheap replacement program which I was happy to enlist him to setup for me.

08/20/2016

Paul B.

James and his team were awesome. I had originally tried to go through a "big box" retainer to install the A/v components and got the run around and hard sales pitch for overpriced component that I didn't need. James provided excellent advice that saved me money and scheduled the install promptly to meet my schedule. He and his crew arrived on-time and worked diligently to get the project completed quickly. James also went out of his way to replace two pieces of equipment that had minor problems so that everything worked perfectly. He also returned twice following the install to fine tune the system and explain how everything worked. I would strongly recommend them to anyone!

Description of Work
James and his team were awesome. I had originally tried to go through a "big box" retailer to design and install the A/v components for my theater room and got the hard sales pitch for overpriced component that I didn't need and unprofessional service. James provided excellent advice that saved me money and scheduled the install to meet my schedule. He and his crew arrived on-time and worked diligently to get the project completed quickly. James also went out of his way to replace two pieces of equipment that had minor problems so that everything worked perfectly. He also returned twice following the install to fine tune the system and explain how everything worked. I would strongly recommend them to anyone!

08/02/2016

Deborah G.

After contacting James he was able to install my new TV and mount it on the wall in a very timely manner. The appearance of the TV in my "great room" adds to the decor. He was able to bring a bracket that can be adjusted for added viewing experience. James is very reliable, honest and courteous. He did exactly what I asked, and didn't try to involve me in a more expensive package. At first I looked into another company that tried to pressure me into a very expensive package, that really was not what I wanted. They tried to make me think that it was what I needed. James is also very neat . The wires that go into the wall are hidden and he cleans up all the debris that is left. I would highly recommend James. Deborah Major

Description of Work
Installed my new TV and mounted it on the wall

07/31/2016

Richard W.

Excellent. James provided an excellent mount, and the installation was done in a couple of hours, on time and priced as quoted. The TV moves easily and smoothly, and can be positioned anywhere I wish, adjusting tilt, angle, and leveling as desired. (I did help out with locating wall studs prior to installation, and helping to lift the mount and TV during the installation.)

Description of Work
Mount a 70 lb plasma screen TV on a wall using an articulated mount which allows the TV to be positioned up to 25" from the wall.

07/14/2016

Brenda L.

James did an excellent job setting up my media room. He balanced quality of the picture/sound with my budget and the pros and cons of the room. He also knew I wanted the equipment to fit with the aesthetics of the room. He did an amazing job! He was polite, professional and always prompt. When it was time for the install we discovered some issues with network speed and he worked tirelessly to help me with that. The guys he brought with him were also professional. I wish all the people who've helped me with my house were as good as James. Highly, highly recommend!

Description of Work
Set up my home theater system and Sonos - screen, projector, surround sound, etc.

07/14/2016

Ida S.

It was great. Pricing was very reasonable compared to other proposals that I received. Punctual on appointments. When installed, clearly described how to use new equipment and even left his cell phone number and tild me to call him if I had problems. Also, removed old equipment as well. Would highly recommend him as well as use him again.

Description of Work
Design sound and TV access . Then purchased and installed new speakers, Apple TV and new TV remote.

07/13/2016

Bari H.

They were fabulous! They showed up on time, were very careful about moving furniture and creating a mess. In addition, the staff is personable, efficient and didn't try to "upsell" me on anything we didn't need.

Description of Work
Installed new tv and programmed in cable box and Xbox 1

05/04/2016

Ida S.

Description of Work
Not sure of your rating system. But I assumed "A" rating was the most satisfied. James was wonderful, and I would recommend him to others

02/04/2016

Amy K.

Description of Work
James provided a fabulous upgrade of our TV systems, some repairs and excellent advice.

10/30/2015

ken B.

Description of Work
Installed 60" TV with hidden wiring along with sound system and built in speakers/

10/27/2015

Carol M.

James has been really good to work with. Another company did not straighten out the problem. I am very happy with him.

Description of Work
I had a problem with my TV. He has worked with me over a period of time.

10/27/2015

Brooks A.

Description of Work
They have installed a home theater system and games. I refer them to people quite a bit.

Andrew W.

It turned out beautifully. He did it quickly at a reasonable price. He came back multiple times when I had questions and to make improvements.

Description of Work
They revamped my home stereo music system.

Vernon A.

James and his team were incredible. He coordinated the installation of the home theater system with the contractors who were remodeling the basement into a theater room and rec room. From design to installation and follow-up, James was very professional. The system has been up and running for over a year with not a single problem. I absolutely recommend Maryland Home Theater to anyone considering having a home theater installed. Thank you James.

Description of Work
James and his team designed and installed a complete home theater that included an overhead projector, 110 inch screen, and surround sound. He integrated the various components including a gaming system and straming television into a single remote. James took the time to be sure that I knew how to operated the system and when I did have a question after installation, he replied promptly.

Kristina S.

Description of Work
They installed a home theater system. It was great. I am very happy with them. I've used them twice.

Jesse H.

Description of Work
He set up my entire home theater system and recently brought me some rear channel speakers. He's as good as you could hope to find.

IMPEL Services

Hi. IMPEL Services provides an array of options for installation/design/sales of Home Theaters or just about anything for your home that is Audio/Video related. Primarily I sell & install Flat Screens TVs on the wall as well as Surround Sound Systems, Projectors & Screens, even universal remotes to control all the electronics in the home. Competitive pricing is offered for all the electronics & equipment you need to purchase from IMPEL. Buy through IMPEL Services and save money on your equipment and take the easy way to combine the right equipment together. Service is a huge focus for you getting what you want, the way you want it. Trust your services to be taken care of with IMPEL Services.

Home Theater Design and Installation Multi-Room Audio Systems Flat Screen Television Sales and Installation Automated Lighting and Temperature Control Home Networking and Integration Surround Sound Installation Custom Programmed Remote Controls/Touch Pads Electronic Concealment Surveillance and Remote Monitoring Free In-Home Consultations