New Look Kitchen, Bath, & Design

Founded 2001 • With Angi since February 2012

4.3

8787 Branch Ave. 121

Clinton, MD 20735

Licensed Home Improvement General Contractor...

07/12/2016

Marina R.

Done very well. Owner kept me informed about his worker, when he was running later Curtis contracted me with an eta. Before his very friendly and professional worker left, Curtis reviewed his work and asked me if I had any problems or questions. Work was done well and I appreciate how fast everything was done.

Description of Work
Painted two walls, installed baseboards, quarter molding and a blind.

Category remodeling,interior painters,basement remodeling

11/25/2015

Jitapong H.

You may have heard people going the extra mile, but Curtis goes the extra marathon for his customers! His quote came in considerably lower than other providers for the same work, and in the end, when I wanted to change this, add this, subtract that, he was fine and very willing to do whatever I needed. Never did I get any push back from him or feel coerced to do anything I didn't feel comfortable. He has extensive experience and whatever he cannot do, he is upfront about it and knows people who can get the job done. What I do like too is that he is flexible enough for you to provide the materials for the job, and he can quote you just the labor, or you can buy some of the materials, and he'll do the rest. Curtis' level of communication was excellent as well; one night I recall having a phone call with him around 9 or 10 pm, and the next morning, he had a quote for me at around 5 am. Curtis lives and breathes his job (he once scheduled his personal family time around his work so he could finish my job ahead of schedule). The workmanship and quality are excellent, and importantly, he is licensed, bonded and insured. Long story short, no matter what, always ask for a quote from New Look Kitchen Bath and Design for your next project and you'll see how competitive their prices are and the quality of work they have to offer. He is so willing to help in any way he can and is full of great ideas. He is patient and very focused; he got my job done in a matter of several days (he works Saturdays), whereas it would have taken others a full week! All in all, very pleased and I look forward to working with him or referring him to my friends.

Description of Work
Curtis and crew remodeled my kitchen cabinets, removed my countertops, installed microwave, renovated my two full baths and other odds and ends around the home.

Category countertops,remodeling,home remodeling

05/23/2015

Mary B.

They didn't give me what I asked for and they also wasted my time.

Description of Work
They did kitchen and remodeling.

Category home remodeling

We knew with us coming in after all the other competing contractors and the current environment, that the project was not going to be good for us or given as we sell real kitchen cabinets and related products at the best prices in town. We don't do RTA cabinets and never focus on giving requested high end options for lower than a competitor is not even offering or carrying. Really hope the estimate, kitchen layout drawings, cabinet samples, and cabinet designing consultation you received, help you out. Good Luck on your project.

04/27/2015

Stacey C.

My initial review was an A prior to any work being done. To be fair, I did not remove my initial review. This review is based on behaviors encountered while the work was being performed. The work was nice and I got a custom bathroom at the end. Curtis is a salesman. I was extremely disappointed with Curtis? and his workers? behaviors most time. Curtis was usually nice and may have a good heart, but I felt he tried to take advantage of me because he didn?t see a man at my home every day. For this review, I?m only focusing on the issues I encountered because the bad far outweighed the good. I actually contacted the Maryland Home Improvement Commission on several occasions for advice and to report his less than professional behavior. I would not hire him again. I talked to him repeatedly about his conduct in my home. He plays the victim and tried to downplay my complaints as me being petty. He brought questionable characters into my home, two were inexperienced and did more harm than good. He clearly exaggerated his workers? abilities. He had to spend more time fixing what they messed up. He constantly reminded me that he had discounted his price almost trying to make me feel as if I ?owed? him more. I paid him almost 9700.00 for labor and a few materials. I bought my own tile, fixtures, sinks and other materials. He convinced me to purchase Diamond Fusion which is supposed to be spot-free shower glass. This was a piece of crap that cost 250.00. Curtis spent 26 total days renovating my bathroom. He was supposed to be done in 3 weeks. He even worked on weekends, Christmas Eve and New Year?s Eve and still didn?t finish on time. He had some poor workers, with the exception of Luis, George and Mike. The rest of them were a liability. Curtis constantly tried to coerce me into buying lunch, expensive Fuji and Propel water for him and his guys, and he kept telling me about giving him a tip, bonus, Cowboys tickets, etc. He even asked me for an advance twice. I paid him according to our contract. He even tried to guilt me into paying him before he was finished the job telling me that he only had four things left. I didn?t care if he had one thing. He got paid when the job was completed to my satisfaction. I found this to be rather tacky. I had to speak with him about his attitude several times. I asked him questions about my project in my home and he seemed to have an attitude. I had to constantly remind him that he worked for me. He pushed me to my breaking point twice causing me to exhibit behavior that was truly not me, but I refuse to let any person come into my home and try to bully me. It was not going to happen. His team was specifically told they were limited to access my master bedroom to get to my master bathroom and my half-bath which they peed all over my toilet, floor and wall. Instead, they used my kitchen sink, around my dishes and where I prepare food, to fill up dirty buckets. I found a huge piece of hardened versa bond in my sink which could have damaged my garbage disposal. Versa bond was all over my cement and dumped onto my gutter down spout and splash guard. Without permission, they used my in-house bucket and broom. He also used my trash services and dirtied my garbage cans without permission. In our contract, it stated he would dispose of garbage. He also broke my transition strip and didn?t tell me. He lied and convinced me that the one he used for the shower surround matched better and was nicer. Later I found out he broke it and didn?t think he needed to tell me this. I did go off. He warranted it. I had to constantly tell him to protect my hardwood floors which they scratched. I found this after he vacated my home. He did not protect all of my bedroom carpets. I caught him and his workers walking on my white carpet. He placed things on my furniture. His worker also was eating in my bedroom. I had to speak with him about this as well. He came late some mornings. He left early some days. In fact, he left my home one day around 12 noon and didn?t come back up until 6:30pm and expected to work in my house past 10pm. I put him out at 9pm. The agreement was he would work late to get the shower up and running and this had been done. But when he decided to leave my work to go on another job site and expected to keep me up late to play catch up, this was unacceptable. The paint job was so subpar that he had to repaint the bathroom 3 times. He hyped up his painter as the best in the business. My 2-year old nephew could have done better. He cut the granite window sills too short around the edges and refused to replace them. He cut the granite counter top too short leaving very little overhang. He messed up some pieces of tile. He had the audacity to ask me not to make a big deal of small things. Some of his work was sloppy, but I made it clear he would not get another dime if everything was not up to my standards. I had contacted my attorney as well as the Investigator at the MHIC. Finally, Curtis got his best worker, Luis, to finish the job. I had to actually have my male friend come in to make sure Curtis got out of my house. I was warned that this man was slow. He was indeed, but he also tried to get over. He certainly didn?t know what type of customer I was. Maybe he?ll work out better for the next person.

Description of Work
Master bathroom custom remodel. Repaired/replaced some poorly done work by previous contractor.

Category ceramic tile,countertops,remodeling,marble & granite,home remodeling,interior painters

Very proud of my guys for working through the customer's erratic mood swings and behavior issues we witnessed on this job like we have NEVER encountered before. Being the THIRD (3rd) General Contractor chosen for this job and customer not having a bathroom for 7 years (what customer told me), we helped this customer out and finished an ENTIRE gorgeous Luxury bathroom with additional work added after contract. Very, very, proud of my guys and obviously bathroom came out very well. I originally had written about 7,000 words easily countering this customer's review and omitted FACTS, but I have been lead a different way. I hope customer takes my advice for the future on getting assistance for herself.

01/31/2015

Jacqueline S.

After we played phone tag and text tag for about a week we settled on an appointment. On January 22, 2015, I made an appointment with Mr. Curtis Franics for today Saturday January 31, 2015 at 3:00 p.m. Mr. Curtis Francis did not show up for the appointment. He did not call or text to let me know he was not going to be able to make it. I was very disappointed with the no show and no call. My time is very valuable and I don't like for people to waste my time.

Description of Work
Mr. Curtis Francis made an appointment to give me an estimate on a Kitchen project.

Category home remodeling

Apologized to [Member Info Removed] for missed apt. I was admitted to hospital and missed original appointment unexpectently. Had a second chance to meet her and was on time for second chance appointment, etc.

11/14/2014

Stacey C.

They quoted us for less than $10,000. It was like about $9900. They were very professional. He came in and walked us through every single thing that needed to be done and what was wrong and what it would take to correct it and we agreed that we would buy the materials but he would supply all the rough materials and he's going to supply the granite for the vanity and the seamless shower door and the paint and the labor. He has been in constant contact with us. About every three days, we get a text message or just any contact to find out where we are, do we have all of our materials. He actually met us with us last Tuesday to help us place the order and to make sure that we had the right grout, helped us with the design and the color and everything like that. He has been pretty much kind of hand-holding us which I can appreciate because it has been a scary process and we've had some bad experiences in the past. He's pretty much holding our hands and kinda built in that trust and that relationship so that we can feel comfortable with him so he really just went the extra mile. When we sat down to interview Mr. Francis, he was very cooperative. He had no problems answering our questions unlike some of the other contractors that came out.

Description of Work
We're actually about to contract with them. We got a quote from them. It was for master bathroom remodeling.

Category remodeling,home remodeling

Thank you. We are very excited about your master bathroom project.

11/03/2014

Shad L.

The responsiveness is very poor...They use a call service to receive messages...these people ill trained and very good lairs.

Description of Work
Nothing...Let over 20 phone messages over a duration...Never called back.

Category home remodeling

[member name removed], You are not, and never have been a customer of ours. You can talk to me directly with any concerns an employee or one of the receptionists has caused you.

08/11/2014

Yvette C.

Excellent. They we're prompt, courteous, conscientious and neat. They aim to please and to provide good service. They went beyond my expectations.

Description of Work
Installed backsplash plus in the kitchen.

Category ceramic tile,home remodeling

We thank you for your business. Looking forward to the upcoming projects with you in the next week.

07/25/2014

Brittany B.

I had some problems, but the provider resolved them.

Description of Work
Remodeled kitchen and partially removed a wall.

Category home remodeling

Should be revised by your wishes through Angie's List. Thank you for your continued business and patience.

07/24/2014

Brenda E.

The company rep talked to me on the phone and explained a few things during the initial contact by phone. We set up an appointment at our house. He never showed up even though I was waiting way longer than the window of time he gave me. I will never call them again.

Description of Work
I called this company to have work done in my home in my basement family room and laundry room.

Category basement remodeling

When this original grade was first given by customer, no one from New Look had met this member and no work was contracted or scheduled by New Look. Angies List Account Representative recommended I work with customer to rectify the matter. Taking matters into my own hands I initiated contact with member and apologized for what appeared to be a missed appointment. Member agreed to change "F" grade to possible "A" if member satisfied with the free work New Look had offered member. Work included New Look paying for all labor and materials to prepare & protect, prime, and paint two coats on ceilings and walls in living room, hallway, and 2 story foyer. Job started on October 20, 2014 with 4 New Look staff, cost around $1,800.00, completed 1-2 days early, staff was on time every day, and performed professionally while everyone wore company attire. On the last day of work, member (now an official customer), told each New Look staff person that she was thankful and they did a great job. When calling a week and a half later about the agreement, the only time customer called after project was completed, the customer told myself and lead painter, who has over 30 years experience, never to call her again and she would change the grade whenever she felt like it. Angies List will not contact customer or investigate truth, but has allowed me to update my response. Thanks Angies List!

Window Nation Inc

Window Nation is one of America's leading window replacement companies. Founded in 2006 by brothers, Harley and Aaron Magden, Window Nation has installed over 1 million windows in more than 125,000 homes across New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Ohio, Indiana, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Washington D.C., Maryland, and Northern Virginia. Over the past decade, Window Nation has grown to become the 5th largest home remodeling company in the country, according to Remodeling Magazine. At Window Nation our mission is simple. We solve problems by installing solutions. We do this by offering customized products installed by highly skilled professionals at an unsurpassed value.

Remodel USA

At Remodel USA Inc.we are completely dedicated to meeting the expectations of our customers. One of the ways we ensure customer satisfaction is by maintaining our distinctive attention to detail while minimizing our installation time. For example, we can finish a complete bathroom remodel in only about 5-10 days, limiting the disruption to your schedule. We can also customize our services to meet your unique requirements,whether we're designing the ideal kitchen layout for your home or walking you through the sunroom selection process.

Liberty Painting

Check, Financing Available, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Entire or Partial Kitchens, Bathrooms, New Additions, Basements, All Flooring types, Tile & Stone, Cabinetry, Custom woodworking, Painting, Plumbing, Electrical, HVAC, Heated Interior flooring, other interior & Exterior remodeling,

N/A