C H Tel. & TV Co., Inc.

Founded 1980 • With Angi since June 2006

Phone Wiring

11700 Piedmont Rd.

Clarksburg, MD 20871

Services are in high demand and we are currently scheduling 5-6 weeks out. For over 35 years, our goal has been to ensure the complete satisfaction of every customer, while offering knowledgeable and friendly service at affordable rates. Established in 1980, we have gained the experience of being able to provide nearly any type of telephone service & television mounting that you require. We are equipped to handle all of your low voltage cabling needs be it voice, data, TV, fiber, or ethernet. Our goal is to stay in touch with any changes in our industry, so that we can always offer you the latest and most current information and services. Our mission is: To serve our customers with the extensive knowledge and expertise we have gained in our industry, while continually offering them the finest in customer service....

cable tv (114)phone company (45)home theater installation (39)phone repair (27)antenna repair (11)satellite tv (11)electrician (56)cabinet makers (7)

11/18/2021

John C.

The two technicians did excellent work. It was tricky to install the cabling in a roof space which had foam insulation, requiring some skill to find the external location and get the cabling to it. I was grateful that it was scheduled so promptly as a small half day job.

Description of Work
Install ethernet cables and security camera

Category custom cabinets,internet service

Work Completed On 11/18/2021

Dear [Member Name Removed], So glad that we were able to get that camera mounted outside on a very nice afternoon in November. We appreciate your business. And to say thank you for using Angi to find us. Please tell others what we do:) Have a nice Thanksgiving. Thank You Charlie Hertel C H Tel. Co., Inc (301)353-0424

11/10/2021

Steven H K.

Excellent experience as in the past. Showed up on time, worked efficiently and did all requested work. Would (and likely will) have them back again.

Description of Work
Installed TV with bracket, soundbar and power box.

Work Completed On 09/23/2021

Dear [Member Name Removed], We are so glad you found us on Angi to help with several low voltage needs in your residence. A/V cable clean up and labeling, Roof Antenna removal consult and TV Mounting. We appreciate you continued business. Have a wonderful Holiday!! Thank You Charlie Hertel, C H Tel. Co., Inc. (301)353-0424

11/10/2021

MRilyn W.

Fast, successful, amazing work on complicated phone problem. Civilized, experienced professional service!!

Description of Work
Phone Line not working. Found bad FIOS box locked up reset unit. Found a bad pair on feed cable, removed, noise on line went away.

Category landline phone service,phone repair

Work Completed On 03/05/2022

Dear Angi Customer, So glad that we were able to come out the same day to reset the Verizon FIOS box. Mike was able to find the trouble quickly:) Thank you for using Angi to find us. Thanks for your review. We appreciate you business. Thank You Charlie Hertel C H Tel. Co., Inc. (301)353-0424

04/27/2021

Andrew H.

Wow! Talk about great customer service and delivery. Charlie was incredibly responsive from the very first call to try to get my home wired for ethernet under an impossible schedule. Charlie took extra effort to understand my needs and walk me through the entire process to plan out the network. I couldn't be happier with the fast turnaround of the work or the results. I'll be sure to call Charlie and the crew at C H Tel again for my next wiring project (probably mounting the next TV and hiding all the cables for it).

Description of Work
Network wiring (Cat 6 ethernet, 36 runs, plus outlets, finishing work, and rack)

Category electrician,phone wiring

Work Completed On 03/01/2021

Dear [Member Name Removed], When you went over your move in time line for your new home. We were up for [Member Name Removed] good scheduling challenge!! Worked with your move in date and made it happen. Thanks for your review. We appreciate the business. We are glad you used Angi to find us:) Thank You Charlie Hertel C H Tel. Co., Inc., (301)353-0424

03/06/2021

Carolyn H.

Out of several companies I contacted, this was the only one that got back to my inquiry. Charlie, the owner, was very thorough answering my questions. The day of service, the team was punctual, professional, neat, and they worked non-stop. Although the job took longer than estimated due to structural challenges, the final result looks very nice. SERVICES PERFORMED: install new ethernet/cable line, add 2 HDMI ports and mount 60" and 75" tvs.

Description of Work
Install new cable/ethernet lines, tv mounting

Category electrician,internet service,cable tv service

Work Completed On 03/05/2021

Review for C H Tel. & TV Co., Inc. - 11700 Piedmont Rd., Clarksburg, MD - 39232264

Dear [Member Name Removed], Thanks for the having us come out to your home and mount your 2 new TV's and do all associated low voltage A/V cabling . We appreciate you business. We are glad you used Angie's List to find us. Thank you for your patience with our schedule. Thank You Charlie Hertel C H Tel. Co., Inc., (301)353-0424

03/02/2021

Terri M.

I would highly recommend this company. They were prompt in getting back to me. And even with them having a complete booked schedule, they still sent a service person out within 1 day. My problem was solved and the fee was reasonable.

Description of Work
Mechanical issues with tv/ top set box

Category tv antenna,cable tv service

Work Completed On 03/02/2021

Dear [Member Name Removed], Let us know when you get your new Verizon TV box. Thank you for using Angie's List to find us. Mike was able to find the trouble quickly:) Thanks for your review. We appreciate you business. Thank You Charlie Hertel C H Tel. Co., Inc. (301)353-0424

02/12/2021

Rick and Diane T.

Fine. He was very nice and professional.

Description of Work
TV Mounting

Category electrician,satellite tv service,tv antenna

Work Completed On 04/05/2021

Dear [Member Name Removed], So glad you used Angi to find us for you TV Mounting and Coax cable installation for your live in nurse friend. We appreciate you business. Have a happy Holiday!! Thank You Charlie Hertel, C H Tel. Co., Inc. (301)353-0424

01/04/2021

Grace B.

Very well. The staff was very pleasant and the service was scheduled very quickly - on the same day. The technician arrived as promised and was very professional.

Description of Work
Serviced Surround Sound System Wiring

Work Completed On 01/04/2021

Dear [Member Name Removed], So glad you used Angie's List to find us for you AV Service Work. Ivo was able to find the trouble quickly:) Thanks for your review. We appreciate you business. Happy New Year!! Thank You Charlie Hertel C H Tel. Co., Inc. (301)353-0424

12/20/2020

Robert P.

He found the cable problem, got it fixed, and got us back in business.

Description of Work
Repaired AV Connection

Category cable tv service

Work Completed On 02/28/2021

Dear [Member Name Removed], So glad you used Angie's List to find us for you AV Service Work. Thank you for your review. We appreciate you business. Thank You Charlie Hertel C H Tel. Co., Inc. (301)353-0424

12/14/2020

Vivian H.

CH-Tel took great care of me from the initial call, to troubleshooting and final repairs. Charlie and Mike were a great source of information and very easy to communicate with even with the technology I didn't understand before they explained it to me. GREAT SERVICE, THANK YOU!!

Description of Work
audio visual connection for two TV's

Category electrician,home theater design,tv antenna,cable tv service,electronic repair

Work Completed On 12/11/2020

Dear [Member Name Removed], Thank You for having us come out to work on your TV remotes for the community club room and cleaning up the AV closet for Washington Harbor Condominiums We appreciate your business and taking the time to research us on Angie's List. Thank you for telling others what we do already:) Happy Holidays!! Charlie Hertel C H Tel. Co., Inc (301)353-0424

12/14/2020

Mike S.

Everything went smooth and by the numbers. I spoke with Charlie over the phone and we went over my antenna project. Prior to him sending us folks out, he recommended that I obtain an antenna and perform a quick test to see what kind of reception I could expect. Following his step by step instructions, I performed the test and everything looks great. Subsequently, we schedule an appointment and two technicians arrived at my house, They’ve completed the project in about 2 1/2 hours.

Description of Work
TV Antenna Installed

Work Completed On 12/17/2020

Dear [Member Name Removed], So glad you were able to run your own TV antenna test to check on the local stations reception using your new attic antenna and then having us come in and install the unit for you. Nice Team Work!! We appreciate you business. Thank You Charlie Hertel C H Tel. Co., Inc (301)353-0424

11/26/2020

John H.

I strongly recommend CH-TEL to any and/or all customers that want it done right! Charlie (owner) exhibited fantastic customer service skills/behaviors in making sure the entire experience was top notch and second to none. His open, honest, and concise communication to me...as well as his quick follow-up upon job completion, reinforced his strong commitment to customer satisfaction. Evo was extremely detailed and thorough throughout the television and sound bar installations, while Mike showed great knowledge and expertise in quickly diagnosing and fixing the complicated coax cable issues presented to him (a true professional - 31 years w/CH-TEL). Lots of talent here, in all areas of this business. Congratulations! **Look no farther...I highly recommend CH-TEL to all applicable customers looking for the real PROS**

Description of Work
Flat screen wall installation, sound bar wall installation, coax cable rewiring.

Category home theater design,cable tv service

Work Completed On 12/08/2020

Dear [Member Name Removed], Thanks for the having us come out to your home and mount your new TV. So glad you used Angie's List to find us. Great team work form all involved!! We appreciate you business. Your response is highly revered. Thank You Charlie Hertel C H Tel. Co., Inc., (301)353-0424

11/12/2020

LYNN N.

I had 11 ethernet lines run to various locations at my house. Charlie's team did an excellent job. This was a fairly big job that took the two techs two days to complete. The techs provided their recommendations on how to run the wires with very minimal damage to dry wall. I plan on using them again in a couple years when I decide to have surround sound speaker cables professionally installed in the main movie room.

Description of Work
Wire the House for Ethernet

Category phone wiring

Work Completed On 10/08/2020

Dear [Member Name Removed] and Keith, Just wanted to say thank you for using Angie's List to find us. That was well executed team work on both sides for this cabling project. With your Cat 6a and other material that you had purchased as well and the open lines of communication for these items. Thank You for having us come out to install your network drops in your residence. We appreciate your business. Thank you for telling others what we do:) Charlie Hertel C H Tel. Co., Inc (301)353-0424

11/03/2020

kimberly A.

The guys were wonderful! I'd recommend them to anybody.

Description of Work
TV and cable set up

Category custom cabinets,home theater design,satellite tv service,cable tv service

Work Completed On 08/11/2020

Dear [Member Name Removed], So glad you used Angie's List to find us for you TV work. As you saw Verizon was no help with your TV box sound trouble. Ivo was able to put the TV box behind the TV and conceal the wires for the TV and soundbar:) Thanks for the acknowledgment. We appreciate you business. Thank You Charlie Hertel C H Tel. Co., Inc. (301)353-0424

11/03/2020

eddie S.

Excellent, as 2 TV's were mounted. One was done when requested at the house as they had an extra mounting bracket in the truck.

Description of Work
TV Mounting

Category home theater design,cable tv service

Work Completed On 07/15/2020

Review for C H Tel. & TV Co., Inc. - 11700 Piedmont Rd., Clarksburg, MD - 38997611

Dear [Member Name Removed], Great team work!! So glad you used Angie's List to find us for you TV Mountings inside and out. We appreciate you business. Thank You, Charlie Hertel, C H Tel. Co., Inc., (301)353-0424

11/02/2020

Donna Redmond J.

Charlie and the team did a great job on installing 4 ethernet ports and running the cabling from my router to each of the four sites. The work was done well, at the promised time and consistent with the estimate. I would definitely hire them again!

Description of Work
Ethernet ports installed/wiring

Category custom cabinets,phone wiring

Work Completed On 10/12/2020

Dear Rendell, Thank You for having us come out to install your network drops in your residence. Just wanted to say thank you for using Angie's List to find us. We appreciate your business. Thank you for telling others what we do:) Charlie Hertel C H Tel. Co., Inc (301)353-0424

10/23/2020

Kristen K.

Successful installation and great, personable help over the phone!

Description of Work
Antenna installer

Work Completed On 11/05/2020

Dear [Member Name Removed], So glad you were able to run your own TV antenna test to check on the local stations using your new Antop attic antenna and then we were able to come in and install the unit for you. Great team Work a Win Win!! We appreciate you business. Thank You Charlie Hertel C H Tel. Co., Inc (301)353-0424

10/16/2020

Luiz L.

C H Tel was exactly what I was looking for to wire my house with an ethernet cable. Charlie was upfront with how he was quite booked due to Covid as many professionals are adapting to home offices, however, he did not forget that in my case, I was a relatively small job so he may be able to send technicians in to do half day of work in between large jobs. To my surprise, a few days later, he found time to squeeze me in. He was excellent at keeping me informed, and most of all, his technicians did a great job wiring a clean internet LAN line from my basement to my second floor. They did not stay in longer than necessary and I was charged less from the initial estimates. I highly recommend this business.

Description of Work
Ethernet LAN line install

Category phone wiring

Work Completed On 09/28/2020

Dear [Member Name Removed], Thank You for having our crew come out to your residence to install network cables in your residence. Just wanted to say thank you for using Angie's List to find us. We appreciate your business. Please tell others what we do!! Thank You Charlie Hertel C H Tel. Co., Inc. (301)353-0424

10/13/2020

Hugh K.

Very well, tech showed right when expected and immediately got to work. The diagnosis only took him a few minutes but the alterations necessary to bring the other phones back online took about a half hour. With the repairs completed he helped me get all the furniture back in place.

Description of Work
Repaired Communication Connections

Category phone repair

Work Completed On 11/03/2020

Dear [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your review!! We just wanted to say thank you for using Angie's List to find us. Thank You for having Rick come out to your residence to repair your telephone line cable. Please tell others what we do. We appreciate your business. Thank You Charlie Hertel C H Tel. Co., Inc (301)353-0424

09/29/2020

Beth M.

All went well. During the first visit, I decided I needed to simplify my AV components. The serviceman took care of my immeidate problem, made recommedations on how to simplify. He even notified me when he saw a sale on the soundbar I needed, saving me considerable amount of money. n the interim, a cord had come loose, I called and the owner called me back and patiently walked me through the steps I needed to take to resovle the problem. Once I purchased, he came back and set up my system and I'm so much happier.

Description of Work
Connected AV Components

Work Completed On 09/28/2020

Dear Elizabeth, So glad you used Angie's List to find us for you AV work. Ivo was able to simplify all your equipment and he got you a great deal on the soundbar. Thanks for the acknowledgment. We appreciate you business. Happy Holiday's:) Thank You Charlie Hertel C H Tel. Co., Inc. (301)353-0424

09/17/2020

daniel W.

they did a good , left everything in good shape

Description of Work
Installed Antenna

Work Completed On 09/18/2020

Dear [Member Name Removed], So glad that you allowed us to come in and remove your old antenna that was falling off your roof and install a new one for you. We appreciate you business neighbor:) Thank You Charlie Hertel C H Tel. Co., Inc (301)353-0424

09/16/2020

William W.

We originally contacted this company in June to look into wiring and installing some outdoor speakers. They responded quickly and got us pricing a couple days later. It came in higher than expected so we decided to put the project off for a couple months and combine it with a larger project to install several more speakers. From what I can tell this offended the owner. The third week in August we contacted them again to get a quote for the larger project. While the original email was responded to promptly everything else had major delays in responses. Promised calls to review the project were never made and follow ups came and went and just never happened. Finally on September 15th we had selected someone else to do the work, I let CH Telco know, and the owners response was that he was glad because he didn’t know how to tell me he couldn’t do the work for at least 8 weeks. That would have been information that would have been helpful from the beginning but instead the owner decided to play games and waste my time for several weeks. Exceedingly unprofessional, and while I understand contractors are busy at this time he could have easily let me know the time frame up front instead of intentionally delaying when he obviously didn’t want to do the work.

Description of Work
Home theater installation

Work Completed On 09/15/2020

Dear [Member Name Removed], I emailed you the next day August 24 that we have been busy!! We swapped a couple of emails and my schedule was not freeing up. Your job was mentioned and thought of several times it was on my desk. Prior commitments of work came first. Remember what we do here. We install cables residential and commercial. We went into homes all during Covid-19 because others would not and everyone was at home on there WIFI networks that were not holding up so well. Consumers are fleeing the cities and buying single family homes in record numbers our demand is high and there are not a lot of companies like C H Tel that do the highest quality work for a fair price. Home owners like your self are asking for these projects in record numbers about 2 to 3 a day. I have been telling customers for over a month now that we are 6 to 8 [Member Name Removed] out. When you reached back out to us. I thought we could help you with this speaker install. We had invested interest in your project. To string you along as you stated "playing games" is completely wrong and was not my thought by no means. You do not know what goes on hear. You only speculated that in your review. Your thoughts are so far from my thoughts. You do not know me and our company. Why do you read so much good about our company and many happy customers over the last 40 years and you see how many people we do help. Were sorry, your correct I could have been a little more up front and communicated better with