OUTDOOR ADDITIONS LLC

Founded 2005 • With Angi since November 2008

LIC - MHIC#Our company specializes in designing and building outdoor living spaces. Our projects include stone and paver patios, outdoor kitchens and fire places, retaining walls, pergolas, and low voltage landscape lighting. We consist of one crew, with the policy of completing one project before starting another. Currently, we are offering Angie's List members a $150 discount on a low voltage lighting plan add on to any hardscaping project....

Lakeside Lawn & Landscaping! Inc.

Lakeside Lawn and Landscaping, Inc. is a family owned and operated business since 2000. We are a full service landscape company. We offer free estimates. Visa and MasterCard accepted. We are Maryland Home Improvement Commission licensed. MHIC # 74336

Stinebaugh Masonry LLC

***CURRENTLY GIVING ESTIMATES FOR PROJECTS SCHEDULED TO START IN LATE SPRING 2022***Historic custom stone and brick repair, or new designs with old world craftsmanship. Please email Stinebaugh6@verizon.net

Miramd Construction LLC

Specializing in general remodeling! concrete and fences. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

11/13/2015

Brian L.

Looks great and the crew spent extra time dealing with a pre-existing complication.

Description of Work
Built small retaining wall and adjacent paver pad in front of our fence gate.

Category landscaping,masonry,hardscaping

07/15/2015

Peter F.

Tom and his team did 2 major projects for us. Tom is very responsive, listened carefully to our description of what we wanted done, and he translated that into an outstanding design. All work was performed at the time Tom promised (only exception was when the weather intervened), completion on schedule. Excellent work ethic shown by all his team. Cleaned up after themselves. Since completion we have received no end of compliments about the finished look and workmanship. Tom is a keeper - you can count on him.

Description of Work
Demolished and removed old, collapsing retaining walls of varying heights. Built several new retaining walls, 3 walkways and a small patio. Largest of the walls is around part of the pool area, offset perfectly by the design of the walkways and patio.

Category landscaping,masonry,hardscaping,patios

Thanks for the positive remarks. I am happy you are as pleased with how this project turned out as we are. The walls around the existing pool area were challenging, but turned out well. I look forward to getting pictures this fall.

07/03/2014

Melissa D.

The entire process was wonderful. Tom is a very trustworthy person and we felt extremely comfortable working with him. His crew is wonderful and we couldn't be any happier with our new outdoor living space. We felt like this was a significant financial investment and we are thrilled with the process and the results.

Description of Work
Outdoor additions built a new patio with a fireplace for us as well as a new front walkway and a new walkway from driveway to back patio. They graded the back patio area, installed walkway lighting and buried our downspouts. They did a very thorough, wonderful job.

Category landscaping,masonry,hardscaping,outdoor lighting,outdoor kitchens

03/29/2014

Jared H.

Outdoor Solutions, although pricey, was well worth it! Tom and his crew were professional in all regard...from his responsiveness when I initially called, the initial site survey, and the presentation of the plan, Tom was very thorough, responsive, and knowledgeable. . Once started, Tom' crew was there every day. They are all full time employees who were very diligent and courteous, They cleaned up after themselves each night, and left the job site in good order, Everyone from my neighbors to my mail man, and people walking by have told me how great the new stone work is, and I have to agree! I would certainly use Outdoor Solutions again, and have recommended them to my neighbor!

Description of Work
Demolition of old concrete steps and wooden retaining wall, replace all with stone

09/20/2013

Gail H.

The work turned out really great! Tom Powel was very responsive. He came out, took measurements. He closely listened to what we liked and then made suggestions. He was very aware of what would look like great on the property and work around what we already had to incorporate new idea. I thought that was exceptional! He also paid very careful attention to our budget and time frame. He did a wonderful job.

Description of Work
We first hired them for a patio update. They also offered suggestions for a patio with a side seating wall. They ended up updating the front and back patio and installed sidewall seating’s. They installed a paver sidewalk from the driveway to the back patio. They also put in some boulders on the side of hill to make a natural sidewalk as well.

Category hardscaping,patios

09/20/2013

Rochelle G.

The work is beautiful! I worked closely with the owner, Thomas Powel. They were personable and clean. They completed the work in a speedy manner. Even though the cost was expensive, I don’t regret spending a penny. We are considering hiring them in the Spring for additional work.

Description of Work
They put in a small paver and bluestone patio as well as a retaining wall.

08/30/2013

Charles K.

I called him about a month ago and told him that it had been quite a while since I got that estimate. I wanted to be sure that the job wasn’t delayed so long that they wouldn’t be able to pour concrete in the late fall. He told me he understood. A month later he finally sent me a letter apologizing and telling me that he had lost a few employees and so he wouldn’t be able to do the job for me, and he returned my security deposit at the same time. I called him the next day saying that I understood his predicament, but I would appreciate if he could recommend another company to help me out. He never responded to this phone call.

Description of Work
I called them in early May, and they gave me an estimate ($3850.00) a few weeks later for a job replacing the concrete walkway in front of my house and adding pavers.

Category hardscaping

I apologize for failing to get to your project as soon as I had hoped and as I indicated I would. I know that the completion of this project prior to potentially cold weather was important to you and I did not want to risk not meeting that deadline. There are several quality hardscaping contractors serving the Frederick area listed on Angie’s list, but none that I know personally.

08/23/2013

Cynthia P.

We truly cannot say enough good things about Tom and his crew. Tom repeatedly came to our house during the design phase to ensure that the final product was exactly what we had envisioned. He made several great suggestions during the process. He responded to phone calls and emails. He was always punctual. In order to finish the job in time for an event that was held at our home, Tom and his crew needed to start on July 17th. The job started on July 17th and continued through the hottest period of this summer. They worked diligently regardless of the frequently oppressive heat. They took great care in accessing our property (through our neighbor' yard), creating as little disruption as possible. We have dogs - they were always cognizant to replace the fence each evening so that I wouldn't have to worry about dogs escaping. Upon completion of the job, Tom and his crew graded the area that had served as the staging area, seeded it and then covered it with hay. The finished product is truly amazing - it is everything we had hoped and beyond. The quality of the workmanship is evident throughout the project. Everyone who has seen it is in awe. It was a very big undertaking and I'm sure taxed Tom throughout the process but he delivered exactly what we wanted, he delivered it on time and he delivered it as it was originally budgeted. We firmly believe we could not have found a better contractor for this job. We highly recommend Tom Powel and Outdoor Additions.

Description of Work
The provider built a full outdoor kitchen, fire pit and patio area. The kitchen was built on a raised platform and included a middle work area/island, three bar-height seating areas and the grill area. The kitchen is covered by a pergola.

Category hardscaping,patios,outdoor kitchens

Thank you so much for your comments. This was easily one of the nicest project we have had the pleasure to complete, and I appreciate the opportunity you gave us. It has been a pleasure working for you guys, and I hope you have many enjoyable evenings on the patio.

06/03/2013

Ann E.

He is supposed to start the work in a week. He has been excellent so far. He has great communication and good flexibility. His price was great and he is very knowledgeable.

Description of Work
I am working with them to install a paver patio.

05/13/2013

Joan B.

It is still in progress, due to rain delay. They started on Thursday 5/9 and should completed 5/14. They have arrived promptly and 8 am each morning and have kept the work area clean and presentable, considering how much work is going on. So far it is as I envisioned and I cannot wait for the completed project.

Description of Work
We chose Outdoor Addition due to Tom's professional presentation and neighbors recommendation. They are putting pavers (hardscaping) the front sidewalk to the house, cover the porch with pavers and the porch wall as well as build a matching wall/step on the opposite side of the garage to the back deck.

OUTDOOR ADDITIONS LLC

Founded 2005 • With Angi since November 2008

111 main

City, MD 21111

paver and stone patios walkways retaining walls fire pits and fire places built in grills and outdoor kitchens pergolas landscape lighting pool decks

MasterCard, Check, Visa, Financing Available