Purrazzello & Son LLC

Founded 2009 • With Angi since July 2014

Anthony (Tony) Purrazzello began working in the concrete construction field in 1986. He always imagined that one day he would own his own business, but taking care of his family always took priority. For the past 23 years, Tony worked with various concrete construction companies to make a living and still be there for his family. Now that his two children have grown up, his dream of owning his own company has finally come true. In 2009, Tony and his son Joey started building their concrete construction company. After many sacrifices and long days, they've built a solid foundation to continue their growth....

Additions

+49 more images

4.4

concrete repair (17)Patios (7)excavating (4)concrete driveways (4)stamped concrete (3)masonry (3)decks & porches (3)drain pipe installation (1)iron work (1)

12/23/2019

Robert K.

Tony, Joey, and the rest of the crew were all very nice and professional. The work was done quickly and done well. The price was competitive and reasonable. They were happy to explain things to me in detail, such as the type of concrete mix they were using and why they chose to use it.

Description of Work
replace concrete driveway

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways

Work Completed On 09/10/2019

Thank you for your review, we truly appreciate it! Please contact us if you ever have any questions or concerns!

08/28/2019

Carol B.

Tony, his son Joey, and the crew did a fantastic job demolishing my front steps and building me a 9x22' concrete porch with brick perimeter and trim. Actually, fantastic is not a good enough word for the BEAUTIFUL addition to the front of my house. Tony and his crew worked tirelessly throughout each day until my project was done. They were always pleasant, courteous, businesslike as needed, very professional and knowledgeable, and always readily responsive to any questions I may have had. They are experts in their work--Tony especially is an expert in brick laying, as he did all that himself. I have had concrete work done before, and Purrazzello & Son far surpass the quality, workmanship, and dedication to their work than any of the other contractors I used previously. They know their work and it is obvious they love doing what they do and take pride in their work. They worked in 90+ degree weather without complaint. I can't express the gratitude and beauty of the work they did for me. My porch is concrete with a brick perimeter around the outside and Tony surprised me with some left over bricks and for the steps he added brick to the sides of the steps--I have the best looking porch and steps in the neighborhood! I can't thank them enough. I will be hiring them again for additional concrete work (sidewalks) in the future. You will never be wrong hiring Purrazzello & Son for your concrete or brick work! Thank you Tony, Joey, and crew!

Description of Work
Front porch

Category concrete repair, decks, masonry

Work Completed On 08/06/2019

Review for Purrazzello & Son LLC - 428 Lafayette Ave, Catonsville, MD - 38073597

09/24/2018

Donna K.

Very well! My family and I hired Purrazzello & Son, LLC. after comparing several other companies use. Right off the bat, Mr. Tony the owner gave us confidence he was professional and the one for this job. After the demo and removal of old materials, his company rebuilt the patio walls, put in the new floor, drain and created a park pad in the yard, for us. The crew were courteous and professional as they worked and always cleaned up afterwards. Mr.Tony was on the site daily also. The owner is a man of his word and knows his trade well! This company gives you peace of mind as you realize the job is in good hands and will be completed and done properly. All we can say is when our project was completed it was like night and day in the appearance! We definitely would hire them again for a similar job.

Description of Work
Demo and removal of existing patio walls, floor and yard then replacement of them.

Work Completed On 02/20/2019

Thank you!

11/13/2017

Lusine A.

He built a concrete foundation for my addition. The foundation is in total 7 inches out of square and requires a minimum of $32,000 correction. The contractor was very rude to me the whole time. He had spread the soil instead of taking it away, all over my property. I had to hire another company to put it back into a pile. He failed to build a second stair case as was on the drawing based on which he submitted his bid. He requested an extra $7,000 and I declined, so I only have one staircase . His windows forms inside the foundation were uneven and my GC had to redo them while he was not there. He ran over my fruit trees and had to pay me for them. He damaged a tree limb with the heavy equipment, which had cracked. A large tree limb. He had built a stair case in front of my window and I had to plywood it. I could not install a window there. The landing at the base of the staircase had to be redone by him, because the tiny tube he installed that did not even drain into the pipes, but rather emptied into the drainfield got plugged right away. After he re poured the landing, it was too high. It was at the same level with the basement floor, but it should be 2 inches lower. I will be suing this contractor. Do not hire him. He is slow and before he started working, he was taking pictures to make sure that in case he will be sued, he would be prepared. I hope he can now use his pictures in court. Both the porch and the foundation had cracked in the middle. This contractor is from ****. I hope to get a favorable result in court.

Description of Work
18 x 37 concrete foundation for an addition and porch.

Work Completed On 03/09/2016

Review for Purrazzello & Son LLC - 428 Lafayette Ave, Catonsville, MD - 36563742

11/06/2017

Rita B.

Tony Purrazzello came out to give us an estimate. He was very nice and very professional. We received our estimate within a few days as promised. Although we were very happy with Mr. Purrazzello, the estimate was quite a bit higher than we had planned to spend on the project.

Description of Work
We requested an estimate to remove and replace an existing damaged patio .

Work Completed On 11/15/2017

05/26/2017

ROBERT H.

Tony, the owner, was very punctual as far as showing up for the estimate. He said he would have it emailed to me soon. I called after waiting a week and he told me a relative does the email and must have forgotten. I would receive it soon. I waited another week and called again. He said he would put it in the mail to me or bring it out in person. It has been two week, a total of four weeks, and I haven't received anything. If he didn't want to do the job, why didn't he just say so.

Description of Work
The patio and walkway in the rear of my house needed replacement, as well as a portion of the sidewalk in front of my home.

Work Completed On 05/01/2017

01/30/2017

Manuel C.

Very professional. Trust worthy, honesty.

Description of Work
I had Tony do the foundation and basement walls for an addition 20x20. They did a fantastic job and i would highly recommend Purrazzello and Son. I plan to use them in the future. Price was very fair.

Work Completed On 01/20/2017

12/08/2016

William H.

Tony helped me with stuff I could do to save me money. He was a nice guy and a gentlemen.

Description of Work
Replaced my front porch.

Category concrete repair, decks

Work Completed On 04/01/2016

10/19/2016

Jack B.

Went very well and I was impressed by Tony, son Joey and his entire crew. First class work - done well and as promised. Fair prices. On time. Tony is a very busy guy - call and if you leave a message, it might be a bit before he calls back- I am guessing he won't be offended if you call back to remind him!

Description of Work
Major projects- remove broken and install 100' + of sidewalk at curb, walks to front door and side patio. Rework stone rear patio. Remove deteriorated low brick wall and grade as directed. Install 50 x12 parking pad.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, excavators, masonry, patios

Work Completed On 10/19/2016

Review for Purrazzello & Son LLC - 428 Lafayette Ave, Catonsville, MD - 33741805

08/22/2016

liz P.

They were on time, nice. Really skilled – and professional!

Description of Work
We got a new patio & retaining wall!

Category concrete repair, masonry, patios

Work Completed On 08/06/2016

06/02/2016

William H.

Description of Work
Demolished existing front porch concrete pad and steps. Re-poured all new concrete for both. Very good job and put 45 degree edges on the porch and stairs which adds some character. Tony was very helpful and was able to accommodate all requests.

Category concrete repair, decks

Work Completed On 04/26/2016

04/22/2016

Elaine E.

Description of Work
Created a patio of conglomerate between our deck and driveway. Removed slates that had sunk into ground. Family operation all the way. Went to their house to see their work and drove around to see some in the area. Worked together to get the right blend of stones and color. Enjoyed working with them. Tried to get the to come for another small job and was never able to get their attention tho they seem active in our neighborhood.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, home appliances

Work Completed On 04/18/2013

03/01/2016

William A.

Driveway began chipping/ spalling after 6 months. Work was done September 2014. Concrete seal that was used looks spotty and circular marks (like a paint can ring) from the sealant still show on the driveway. The contactor said he would fix it at my expense (for the cost of the materials). However, after the repair, it may still chip. A second opinion said that when done properly a concrete drive way should last for 20 years, not just 6 months.

Description of Work
Install a new driveway.

Work Completed On 09/01/2014

02/18/2016

Carol G.

Description of Work
Tony and his crew demolished existing concrete sidewalks and patio, then poured new, patterned concrete.

Category concrete repair, excavators, stamped concrete, patios

Work Completed On 11/05/2015

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you are happy with our work.

11/03/2015

CATHY M.

Crew was very hard working and provided quality work.

Description of Work
Poured porch top, steps and new sidewalk

Work Completed On 11/03/2015

Thank you for the review. We are glad you liked our work.

08/10/2015

John K.

Tony and Joey were great to work with. They gave us what we think is a fair price and stuck to the original estimate, even though a few things got added to the original plan. They worked quickly and surpassed our expectations as to quality. The job took about two weeks to complete from first ground-break to sealing the new concrete. One note, though, is that the original estimate (emailed to us), became the de facto work order so don't expect a lot of paperwork. Also, like many in-demand contractors, you may not see them for a few months after receiving the first estimate - your job goes to the end of the waiting list and they show up when it's your turn.

Description of Work
In back: Removed old block walk-out basement stairwell, built new stairwell (block construction), added surrounding patio out of stamped concrete. In front, removed two sections of driveway, ran underground downspout drains downhill from the house, re-poured the two driveway sections over the drains and poured a stamped-concrete front walkway.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, excavators, drain pipe, stamped concrete, patios

Work Completed On 07/21/2015

Thank you for the review. We apologize we were not able to get to the job as quickly. Our job is very weather dependent and unfortunately most times it pushes the jobs back.

09/16/2014

Adam D.

Mr. Purrazzello is one of the nicest people I've ever met. His son and his wife are great people too. It was a big job but they started on time and finished when they said they would. The crew was polite and paid scrupulous attention to detail. Mr. Purrazzello gave me updates and even invited me to his house to view his stamped porch and railings to give me an idea of what my final job would look like. I can't emphasize enough what a pleasant experience this was. It really felt like an "old world" job. This company takes its work and its customers' desires seriously. My hat is off to them.

Description of Work
They removed my sidewalk, front steps, and porch. They re-poured the sidewalk and steps and porch and then created a stamped and tinted concrete pattern for my porch. They installed new railings for my porch. And for free they poured a 4' x 4' concrete pad in my backyard for my (future) pizza oven.

Category concrete repair, excavators, wrought iron, stamped concrete

Work Completed On 06/12/2014

Thank you so much for your kind words. We really enjoyed working with you to make your vision come true.

Contact