Long Fence

Founded 1945 • With Angi since October 2004

3.8

500 employees. Cost is determined by the job. Travel charges may apply. Ask about Angie's List discount. Financing available. Additional locations - 2520 Urbana Pk, Ijamsville, Maryland 21754; 1910 Betson Ct, Odenton, MD 21113; 42521 John Mosby Hwy, Chantilly, Virginia 20152. Additional phone numbers - (301) 662-1600, (410) 793-0600 & (703) 471-0960. Additional fax numbers - (301) 874-5706, (301) 261-0643 & (703) 478-3545....

Mr. Handyman of Anne Arundel and North PG

We are proud to have won more than 50 Angie's List Super Service Awards! We do everything on the honey-do list that honey doesn't do! Individually owned & operated franchise of the largest Handyman companies in the country. We are licensed, bonded and insured. All of our technicians have a minimum of 10 years experience and are full-time employees of the company. All work guaranteed for at least one year (any exceptions are discussed and noted on the invoice). And it's not just the small jobs! We have years of experience doing larger projects, especially bathroom remodeling! MHIC # 102097

Go Totally Green

Mowing, Trimming, Flower Beds, Mulching, Aeration, De-Thatching, Tree Removal, Tree Trimming, Pressure Washing, Gutter Cleaning, Yard Cleanup, Weed Pulling. We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Offers by Go Totally Green on Angi
All Pro Chimney Service

All Pro Chimney Service is a full service chimney and hearth company specializing in chimney cleaning, inspections, and maintenance. Our goal is to provide you, the valued customer, the quality service and satisfaction you deserve. We provide quality workmanship, honest and expert analysis on your chimney and hearth products, and most of all a fair and competitive price on any of your chimney and hearth needs. We want to make sure that your satisfaction and expectations are met by All Pro Chimney Service and our chimney sweeps. Our professionals will go above and beyond to facilitate any need you may have regarding your chimney or hearth appliance. At All Pro Chimney Service we believe it is important to educate our customers on our products and services during their decision making process and will help them every step of the way. That’s why we’ve provided our customers with this web site which has a wealth of information about our products and services. We hope you find all the information you need and if you don’t please contact us and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have

08/26/2020

Deborah P.

Excellent! I like that they have a lifetime warranty, and replaced the door handle without a charge.

Description of Work
They replaced the door handle.

06/25/2020

JoAnn J.

Excellent work done. Will hire again.

Description of Work
Installed patio and deck.

Category decks,dog fence,patios

04/12/2018

Frank *.

the person who checked for the scope of the project was not the one who did the project, it was kind of frustrating for the gate that i wanted, The installation was great, it was a good product. The price was higher than what i have expected, so i need to be involved in talking with management to get the product i've expected.

Description of Work
For Fence Gate Installation

09/01/2017

KENDRIETTA T.

Long Fence gave us a quote for a vinyl privacy fence. They haven't done anything for me. They just came out and gave us a quote. We went with another company.

Description of Work
Quote for vinyl fence.

08/29/2017

Terry P.

Nothing but delays. Three sent out - one for iron fence and gate, one for aluminum and chain link fence, and one to fix the crew that installed the chain link and aluminum fence. Quality of work of the crews are subpar and full of attitude...especially the iron fence and gate crew. As of this review, 8/29/17, they are more than 6 weeks behind and just called to say they will be another 3 weeks behind. Sales person, Silver D., was unable to pass along the accurate work order to the office and the install crews. Pedestrian gate installed is not leveled and therefore does not close properly. At times, Silver would not return messages. Started to dealing with their manager, Jim, 8 weeks ago. Jim is a very nice man but is unable to keep the crews on schedule. NEVER EVER USE THEM. I would not used them ever again. in the future, I would rather pay more to get the job done on time and with quality.

Description of Work
needed iron gate, iron fence, chain link fence and aluminum fence for the property.

Category fencing,wrought iron,driveway gates

08/21/2017

David M.

There were five workers. The work took about a day to complete.

07/03/2017

Kathy A.

Do NOt hire this company for anything. They built a deck and stairs several years (5) ago on my rental house. They used the cheapest wood, nails and everything else they needed to complete job. I am now replacing the wood and nails for this deck. Everything is falling apart now. Nails coming out and wood spintering and rotting. Half way thru the job, they ask for a final payment before the job is complete. Don't pay them a cent til its done or you won't see them again. Long companies is a rip off. Don't use them for anything or you will be sorry.

Description of Work
Having a new deck and stairs built from a 2nd floor apartment.

Category decks

05/01/2017

Charles L.

I ended up not doing business with them. They came out and gave a quote, but we went with someone else. I think we put down a deposit that was refundable and then we got it refunded. My only complaint was the quote was high. Other than that the quote was professional and whatnot. I had no complaint about his punctuality.

04/08/2017

MaryJoan M.

Not well. See above. I would not hire these people if they were the last available. I would do it myself if I had to. See review above

Description of Work
I have never written a review, but I am going to start. Consider carefully whether to use these folks. "Estimator" was nice and on time. Gave me 3 prices for roof replacement depending on how fast I signed on. Really? Price is price. The highest estimate was $35,000. They called it "investment." Yes--in their vacations and kids' college. Really? Then, they refused to provide a written estimate for scope of work that included amount of and price of exact materials, by linear feet, or item (or even options), so I could compare with other detailed estimates that are the norm. For all I know, they could have written in anything once I signed on. The total estimate was more than 3x other estimates for same general shingling product and work. First he said he would not charge me for plywood ($10,000 for plywood sheets that cost $18.00 a sheet at Home Depot, and I might need 5? Really?). Then he added $10000 back in to total costs--for PLYWOOD!!!Overall cost of roof replacement would have been more than $3400 per hour for 1 day of work. Hm, They pay roofers between $15.00 and $25.00 per hour around here. Add for overhead, and you do not get $3400 per hour for a relatively standard, middle sized roof for this area. "Quality control" supervisor said would provide a real, written estimate of materials. They never did. They never took or shared pictures. I have them anyway. Buyer beware!

03/05/2017

Juan Cruz M.

The worst company I ever hired to have work done at home. They charge an arm and a leg, deliver late, do not care for their customers, do not provide advice and just stopped caring about customers. I ended up hiring another company who did the work for a third of the price and two times the quality. This after I had my gate lying on the backyard for two months because of the Long Fence incompetents.

Description of Work
Custom-made gate.

Category driveway gates

Commercial & residential sales, installation and service of fencing, pavers, decks, awnings, sunrooms, ornamental iron, gates, security doors, irrigation systems and landscape lighting.

Replacement windows, siding, kitchens, bathrooms, garages, basements, roofing, insulation.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available