Phoenix Fence & Deck

Founded 1998 • With Angi since June 2009

4501 Gregg Rd

BROOKEVILLE, MD 20833

Phoenix Fence And Deck has been serving the Maryland community since 2001. We are a full service Fence Company specializing in building custom Wooden, Aluminum and Wrought Iron fences. We offer quality and reliable service. All our fences are installed by well trained Fence Mechanics. We are an owner-operated company and we do not subcontract any of our work....

08/21/2020

Jeff T.

I can't say enough positive things about my experience with Phoenix. If you're looking for a quality fence at a reasonable price look no further. Jeff and Karen were incredible to work with. We had 5 different companies come out for quotes and Jeff's thorough, no-nonsense explanation of fence types and prices made it an easy choice. When we decided to switch a portion of the fence from picket to picket w/ cap-board, I called Karen expecting the quote to be more expensive but she and Jeff said they could do it for the same price. Despite being told it was a two week wait, I got a call from Karen that they could install it the same week. Both Jeff and Karen are extremely professional and their communication made the project a stress-free, enjoyable experience. The workers, who were all brothers, were incredible. I was shocked by the speed with which they tore down the old chainlink fence, which was installed 60 years ago and had literally grown through the trunk of two trees. They methodically installed the new 218 square foot fence in one day, making sure everything was done properly. When the job was done, one worker insisted on grabbing a tool and coming back an hour later to remove a very stubborn old fence post. This level of detail and craftsmanship is hard to find nowadays. The fence has transformed our backyard and we couldn't be more happy!

Description of Work
Replace a 218 square foot fence

07/24/2020

Martin K.

We have a 30' section of fence that needs to be moved and replaced. Many fence companies wouldn't come out for any project less than 75'. Phoenix Fence & Deck was willing to do the project, their estimated was prompt and courteous, the bid was competitive. We would have hired them, but unexpected financial issues emerged, and we can't go forward with the project at this time. Everything about them expressed professionalism, quality and reasonableness

Description of Work
Replace 30' of fencing

Category fencing,woodworking

04/27/2020

Jeremy M.

The install was great! The owner came by and followed up with me during the install. However, it's been just over a year and the door does not fit because the bigger heavier posts that they said would support the weight of the door twisted and many other posts have twisted and separated. Slats of the fence are starting to separate as well. So all in all, the install was great but the guarantee of their work is unacceptable.

Description of Work
Shoring up my deck and putting up a new small fence for a townhouse backyard

Category decks,fencing,deck cleaning

Mr. [Member Name Removed] - First off, I explained at the estimate that 2% of pressure treated pine does warp or twist. You choose pressure treated pine over cedar. Cedar does not warp or twist. Anyone that has received an estimate from us knows this is true. It does not matter what company you use, 2% of pressure treated pine does warp or twist no one has control over that. If I would have received a call, you had a year to tell me you had boards warping or twisting and we would have replaced it for free. I just went back through my warranty book your name is nowhere to be found over the last year. As far as the gate goes, we would have been more than happy to adjust it for you. Once again, no call from you to adjust the gate. I am sorry that you are displeased with the quality of wood you have chosen. We use appearance grade which is the highest grade you can get in pressure treated pine. I cannot emphasize enough that 2% of pressure treated pine does warp or twist you can check the internet. No matter what company supplies pressure treated pine this happens. If any of the posts are affecting the integrity not the appearance of the fence, I would have replaced it for free.

08/31/2019

Pat R.

The crew worked quickly and was friendly. We'll see how the fence holds up over time; it looks solid and well-built now.

Description of Work
Old fence removed, new fence installed.

07/10/2018

John B.

Outstanding. The team removed an old fence and replaced it with a cedar fence and gate. It looks great, and the team was very professional and flexible. After comparing multiple companies, Phoenix gave us the greatest value for their service.

Description of Work
Fence removal and installation

04/16/2018

Adam B.

Had 270' of new wood fence installed, no removal of old fence was needed. Jeff personally came to do the estimate, which was a nice personal touch unlike the bigger fencing companies that send salespeople out. Jeff's prices were reasonable for the scope of work and being the owner and not a salesperson, he was able to explain the whole construction process from start to finish. His crew came right on time and finished the job in one day. They worked tirelessly and did a fantastic job. The fence went up a month or so before the huge windstorms that came through the area, and the fence didn't even budge. Many other fences fell over! Great workmanship, reasonable pricing.

Description of Work
New Fencing

03/27/2018

Cecile Z.

The crew was on time, professional and neat. They did great work and made sure that I was happy with the results before leaving. The new fence and gate look very nice, and their price was very competitive.

Description of Work
Remove old stockade fence and replace with new fence, new posts and new gate.

02/22/2018

Peter D.

The work was completed today and I could not be happier. The crew ( Manny and his co worker ) worked without out a break . They completed 2 gates and about 20’ linear feet of fence . The work is top notch .. and I would recommend without hesitation or reservation. Thanks again

Description of Work
Replaced fence with cedar fence And 2 cedar gates Using horizontal 1 by 6 and 1 by 4 boards

12/06/2017

Gwenn H.

Excellent service in every way, making BEFORE the job started to assure that U understood all the smallest details.

Description of Work
Built 2 custom gates plus new 6 ft fence around backyard, all cedar.

Category fencing,woodworking

10/19/2017

Jeff O.

They were great to work with from price, scheduling, and installation. We had a new split rail fence with wire installed to keep our puppy in the backyard. The work was done last fall and has held up great. I really like the custom gates they made onsite. They look the best in the neighborhood. I would use them again.

Description of Work
New fence installation

10/18/2017

Jeff O.

Everything went great. Highly recommend them to do your permit work for you too. Frequent communication from the owner (Jeff) and his wife made the whole process stress free.

Description of Work
Install a new split rail fence and gates for our new puppy.

10/01/2017

Dana H.

I had been trying for 2 months to get a fencing company to look at my fence and give me an estimate for the repairs. Most companies didn't return my phone calls or never showed up for the estimate. Jeff Rogers of Phoenix Fence and Deck came the day I called him (9/1) and gave me an estimate that day. He told me that it would probably be 5 to 6 weeks before they could do the work because of the backlog of projects. The staff came on 9/28 and completed all of the work within about an hour/90 minutes. I am enjoying looking out at my wonderful fence.

Description of Work
I needed someone to look at my split rail fence, fix several of the upright posts (replace and/or reset them), and replace several of the rails that were rotting out.

09/22/2017

bob W.

excellent, on time and good workmanship. 10% discount for being a Angies list customer

Description of Work
replaced old fence with new one, large lot

07/26/2017

Ryan O.

Jeff from Phoenix Fence listened to our needs and drafted a great fence with all the features that met our requirements and didn't try to oversell us anything unnecessary. The installation was extremely fast and our finished produc is of excellent quality! Jeff was highly responsive and managed to correct a minor issue resulting from an honest mistake with regards to a small portion of the fence placement. The problem was rectified the following day and we are absolutely pleased we chose Phoenix Fence for our work. We highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Needed a nice-looking fence to contain our dog in the backyard. We settled on a 5' picket fence with several gates after our consultation with Phoenix Fence.

06/13/2017

Michael M.

In two days, the crew of two men removed the old fencing and built the fence on-site. The crew was extremely hard-working and clearly very experienced. I appreciated the foreman's advice about details such as the positioning of the gates, specifically in which direction they should open and on which side to attach them to the fence. I was impressed by the artistry involved: the crew devised a clever solution for enclosing our yard around a tulip poplar that we share with our neighbors and cut the wood over the gate such that the pickets arched over the gate. The latter design, suggested by the foreman, adds a distinctive flair to the fence. In the thirty-five years that we have owned our house, this is the finest work we have ever had done. The crew was punctual, responsible, and meticulous about their work. I would definitely hire them again and am tempted to think about a deck. I was also pleased that the discount for Angie's List members was honored.

Description of Work
The crew removed an old chain link fence and replaced it with a 1 X 4 X 4 picket fence with a six inch dip.

04/10/2017

Nancy D.

They were professional, efficient and quick. The gates look and work great.

Description of Work
Replace 2 gates.

Elizabeth J.

Excellent excellent job. I rarely post reviews, but Jeff and his team were really great. A small problem was noted with a gate post several months after install, but Jeff promptly took a look and fixed it without any hesitation. I wish all the people I contract with were as good - or even just close to as good as Phoenix Fence.

Description of Work
Replaced two wood fence gates and installed some new wood fencing.

Elizabeth J.

excellent. Had to wait a few weeks because they were busy. But, installer arrived on time, finished job quickly and the owner quickly and pleasantly addressed a problem that arose later with no hassle.

Description of Work
wood fencing and gates installed

domenic A.

Installation day five men and two trucks showed up early in the morning about 7:30 am unloading materials going right to work. The owner Jeff Rodgers giving out a few instructions and the men knew exactly what to do.During the day it started to drizzle with rain but the men kept on working. The men were clean.polite, and skillful.I was very impressed. The crew leader who is named Son told me he'll make sure they finish the job to my satisfaction before they leave. That made me happy. They worked almost until it got dark. Mr Rogers showed up again and asked if I was satisfied. He inspected the work along with me. I said the fence looks beautiful. I'm very happy with it. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Im very happy with Phoenix Fence. I hired Phoenix Fence from the great reviews I've been reading about on Angie's List. I had approx. 300 feet of a seven foot high with a 6" dip cedar wood fence installed on 4 x4 posts. I had two gates on 6 x6 posts with gothic caps. One gate was 5 foot wide and one gate two section 6 foot wide. I'm very happy.

02/06/2017

Sam H.

Jeff, the owner, communicated quite clearly about the scope of work and the crew showed up early to start the work and completed the job in one day. I don't think robots could have done a faster work than the Phoenix crew at installing the fence and two gates! I work in real estate as a broker so I'm quite familiar with contractor prices and Phoenix Fence's price was competitive and the quality of the work turned out to be outstanding. I would definitely hire Phoenix Fence and Deck again and I have recommended the company to family, friends, and clients.

Description of Work
Phoenix Fence installed 200 linear feet of Wyngate board-on-board privacy fencing in my back and side yards.

01/20/2017

ALAN & NANCY R.

In brief: top quality work done on time by skilled workers and an efficient, knowledgeable and courteous contractor. Because of dirt embankments on the neighbor's side, it was complicated in some sections. But that proved not to be a problem--the fence was just as well done there as elsewhere. The fence is a "good neighbor" (same on both sides) fence of cedar that goes around a very large back yard. Jeff Rogers and his team were prompt, professional and a pleasure to deal with. Clearly my "go to" guy for any future fence and deck work. Cost etc given is for the whole fence; the repair this past December was $675.

Description of Work
Recently, I needed to replace an 8' fence section taken out by a large limb that fell in a wind storm. But four years ago, the task was putting in the entire fence around a large yard. I meant to write a review then but didn't. However, the recent fence repair opened the opportunity to write this review.

12/20/2016

James D.

Phoenix provided the lowest price estimate with options that had not been proposed by others. The work was completed very professionally on schedule.

Description of Work
Replaced one side of split rail fence and two gates.

08/27/2016

Eytan F.

Phoenix did a fantastic job installing the fence and was incredibly helpful when we needed to move the fence in a few inches because of zoning restrictions. Jeff made an unpleasant situation much easier to manage and had a team out the next day to move the fence in. The quality of the work and Jeff's professionalism are really unmatched. We will definitely use Phoenix again in the future.

Description of Work
Install wood fence and remove existing chain link fence around property.

08/14/2016

Alan N.

Met with us in person to describe the work and our options. He was timely and informative throughout the process. We were pleased with his work and would recommend him to others.

Description of Work
Remove old wood fence and install new fence around perimeter of yard.

07/18/2016

John D.

All done in one day - entire backyard including two gates. Was done on-time on the day agreed. Excellent professional crew. Very pleased. Definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Entire backyard old fence removed and new 6' wood fence installed.

Yard Enhancement Services LLC

Locally owned and operated full-service landscaping company

Drainage and Erosion Solutions

Drainage & Erosion Solutions (DES) is an award-winning company that provides assessment and repair of all drainage and erosion problems for residential and commercial properties. We are a design-build firm, with both engineering and contracting divisions; offering aesthetically pleasing and professionally engineered solutions to drainage and erosion problems. Our team members are year-round, full-time employees with a strong reputation for technical knowledge, attention to detail, great customer service and general excellence. All DES consultations, assessments, and installations are performed by a licensed professional soils engineer, or landscape and drainage systems designer. These professionals have several decades of combined design and contracting experience. Clients like working with us - much of our business comes from referrals and from our top rankings among the most popular contractor ratings services .

East Coast Landscape Design

IN BUSINESS SINCE 1979. 15 EMPLOYEES. All WORK IN HOUSE EXCEPT FOR FENCING. ALL EMPLOYEES DRUG TESTED AND BACKGROUND CHECKED. COST DETERMINED BY THE JOB. LICENSE #42490. INSURANCE #Q89-0102236-M. ADDITIONAL EMAIL: mark@eclandscapedesign.com.

Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Check, American Express, Financing Available

NO SUB CONTRACTING ON ANY OF YOUR PROJECTS!