PATUXENT NURSERY

Founded 1996 • With Angi since July 2008

Furniture - Sales
Delivery Service

Our 40 acre farm is located in Bowie Maryland, right on route 301. In business since 1996. Peak season staffing exceeds 70. Open 7 days a week. More details on our website: patuxentnursery.com...

Best Messenger Inc

Best Messenger provides immediate or scheduled pickup and delivery of all items small and large, every day of the year, with no advance notice, appointment, or account ever needed Pay with credit card or cash. Service is fast and affordable, prices are posted online, and tipping is not recommended or expected.

Sml Services

Call us today for a FREE estimate! We specialize in painting, repairs, home improvements, landscaping, and all things handyman! Serving the community since 2013 A+ Better Business Bureau accredited Featured in the Washington Post CBE CERTIFIED Specializing in Handyman, Landscaping, and Hardscaping services. “Empowering our community by providing jobs for our youth” DON’T FRET LET US SWEAT. To contact us by email please reach out to quote@smldmv.com

Offers by Sml Services on Angi
Best Landscape & Construction

Welcome to Best Landscape & Construction. Best Landscape Construction is a professional Custom Landscape and Masonry company serving in the Price Georges and Montgomery County. Our Business Philosophy is simple, We show up when expected and deliver superior Gardening and Masonry service at a competitive rate. How do we always know what the customer wants? Communication -we listen to your needs, then follow through with your project to fit your specific needs. Satisfaction always guaranteed. My name is Abel Rivas, owner of the business. My personal experience with Business Owners and Homeowners reveal that most people looking for Landscape Maintenance or Masonry Company, is just looking for someone they can trust. Someone whose personal commitment to them offers real solutions and a follow through that is rarely seen in our industry. We are a small business, focus on offer quality Work.

Offers by Best Landscape & Construction on Angi

12/01/2013

Sam L.

Service on site was friendly and accessible. Trees were delivered in a timely fashion for an extra fee. Patuxent does not assist w/ planting unless you pay for it. Within a few days we planted all the trees and shrubs. As of December 2013 (8 months after planting), the cherry tree, magnolia tree and shrubs seem to be doing fine. The arbor vitae trees, however, have been struggling. We planted them in accordance w/ Patuxent's instructions. We did deep waterings frequently but made sure the soil wasn't too wet. They grew vigorously during the summer but in the late summer and fall we noticed some browning. Upon doing some research it seemed that the trees might have a spider mite infestation. We sprayed the trees w/ over the counter pesticide labeled for spider mites and the mites disappeared. However, over the couple of months since the infestation disappeared, the trees have continued to die. We are saddened to see one tree after another develop brown shoots. I don't think they will survive the winter. Each tree cost $80, so if all the trees die we are out of pocket $800. I called Patuxent in October. A busy associate asked me to email photos and someone would call me back. I sent a number of photos and videos of the problem, and no one ever responded. I would not use Patuxent again. This is a shame b/c they are a family owned business with friendly people. But I won't be putting good money after bad. I would also suggest that they should offer free delivery if you purchase a sufficient quantity - perhaps over $1000 or something. Seems absurd to spend a bunch of money on the product and then have to chip in for delivery as well.

Description of Work
We bought 10 6' arbor vitae trees, a cherry tree, a magnolia tree, and 3 shrubs. We paid extra for delivery.

10/08/2013

Keith C.

We worked with a landscape designer, Spencer Derrick, to gather ideas for our back yard, this spring, then made some modifications, and implemented the plan in September. Spencer was well informed and had good ideas, sent us emails with pictures of the plants he proposed, and was always amendable to our likes, dislikes, and modifications to the plan. While the landscaping took up a bit more area than I thought was called for in the plan, it looks great - well beyond my expectations. Once some of the smaller plants grow, I think it will look even better. Work was done when scheduled and the crew cleaned up after themselves. They did a nice job and the finished yard looks great.

Description of Work
Initially it was to do some clean-up and plant some bushes in our back yard, but we expanded that to include some top soil and sod to repair an area that had some erosion.

Category landscaping,greenhouses

04/29/2013

Sam L.

We had a good experience with this nursery. They are family-owned and friendly. The environment was pleasant, with lots of staff to greet us and walk us through the variety of plants they had to offer. We had initially wanted a crape myrtle, but the trees in stock were smaller than we wanted, so we went with a 12-foot Yoshino cherry tree instead. They helped us select and mark the plants we wanted. There was a delivery charge of $200 or so to get to our place in NE DC. This wasn't ideal given the amount we spent but the delivery guy was friendly and helpful. It was a lot of work to plant all of these myself, so in retrospect I might have paid extra for them to plant them. In terms of quality, the Yoshino cherry seems to be doing very well. It flowered beautifully and continues to thrive. The magnolia is a little suspicious, with some of the leaves turning brown within the first week or two, but it's hanging on. The Thuja evergreens (about 6' each) have grown a few inches in the past month. Some of them had some black spotting that developed but that seems to have gone away, and they are still growing. Overall a good experience and we would go back for future needs.

Description of Work
We purchased 1 Yoshino Cherry, 1 Magnolia tree, 3 shrubs and 10 Thuja evergreens. We visited the nursery on a Saturday and the plants were delivered on the following Tuesday.

01/14/2013

Cynthia E.

I did not go around and price check. I went with them due to reputation. They have top grade quality and their nursery is fabulous.

Description of Work
They had to level the back yard and help with some drainage issues and then resod.

07/01/2011

Michael B.

I first spoke with Autumn about getting top soil delivery and she was very helpful in planning out what I wanted. I had to leave two or three messages with Robin however to find out any information about tree availablity and planting. When I made my final topsoil delivery plans I explicitly asked for the dirt to be put on the lawn to the right of the parking pad and that I didn't want it in my parking pad/driveway. Twice I explained this. And what did I get.... 6 yards of soil (that's 161 or so bag of dirt) plopped down in the middle of my parking pad. I called Autumn, she referred me to the truck driver, and apparently she gave him the wrong instructions.... to put it on the right side of the parking pad, not to the right of it. I called Autumn back and she admitted that she got the information wrong. When said that the delivery would cause me a lot more work because I would have to move all the soil off the concrete and asked for a partial refund on the delivery fee, I was referred to a manager. The manager has yet to return my call. My advice is to find another nursery that places greater value on communciation and customer service. (PS - as another reviewer noted, the top soil/leafgro is not sifted or whatever, so there are larger chunks of wood and such that you would not find in a bag bought at Home Depot).

Description of Work
I purchased and had 3 cubic yards of topsoil and 3 cubic yards of leafgro/compost delivered. I also requested information about sod delivery and tree installation.

11/19/2010

Ramon P.

I ordered top soil from them. They had the best pricing in the area, great customer service, flexible with delivery, and they delivered on time. However, the quality of the top soil was poor. The soil was in chuncks and I found some nails in there as well. I will look elsewhere before coming to them for top soil.

Description of Work
I ordered top soil and had them deliver it.

05/11/2010

Christopher H.

For larger items have a employee write up a ticket outside so you don't have to bring everything inside to purchase. Facility is well organized

Description of Work
Replaced some old and winter damaged boxwoods and evergreens with a variety of perennials. Staff is helpful and knowledgeable and their selection is 100x better than the Natl Home Improvement stores. Go early on the weekends or you will be fighting the crowds!

08/07/2008

SHEILA G.

They have done a fantastic job. Timely and the people that work for the company are unbelievable!

Description of Work
Landscaped the entire front yard.

Category landscaping

07/01/2008

Michael D.

They deliver plants to your home and also plant them if you want. I also do it myself. Their plants are highly quality. I buy mulch and plants and trees. I would recommend them and use them again.

Description of Work
I go to them to buy plants. I'm a very big planter.

06/22/2005

ELISSA A.

WE WERE VERY PLEASED OF HOW WELL THE ENTIRE FRONT YARD LOOKED WHEN EVERYTHING WAS FINISHED. THE WORKERS AND THE OWNER HIMSELF WORKED LONG AND HARD TO MAKE THE FRONT OF OUR HOUSE LOOK CURB APPEALING. A JOB WELL DONE!

Description of Work
SUPPLY AND INSTALL PLANT MATERIAL BY WELL TRAINED PROFESSIONALS. THE PRICE INCLUDES FINE GRADING, FERTILIZING, AND HARDWOOD MULCH.

Category landscaping

Full line, full service lawn & garden center offering trees shrubs, perennials, seasonal flowers, bulk and bagged mulches, soils and stone. Garden shop, trees, shrubs, seasonal flowers, DIY supplies for paver installations, three major lines of pavers, gift shop outdoor furniture, and home decor. Also offer custom landscaping and planting services.