New Life Handyman Services

Founded 1979 • With Angi since July 2011

New-Life Handyman Services is a locally and minority-owned handyman service that specializes in handyman jobs including custom home theater installations, kitchen and bathroom remodeling, interior and exterior painting as well as carpentry and other home improvement services. With more than 37 years of handyman services experience under my (tool) belt, I bring know-how and and skill to your home and business repair job. Whether you need residential or commercial repairs done, I will make it a point to meet with you and analyze the space with the project in mind. As part of your free consultation, I will measure, take photos and more for best results. So call today for your free estimate, and let me do the work for you on your next project!...

Minority Owned & OperatedMinority Owned & Operated
Veteran Owned & OperatedVeteran Owned & Operated
LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered

+29 more images

handyman (163)plumbers (59)door installation (37)woodworking (20)window replacement (8)interior painting (7)electrician (7)drywall (7)house painting (6)window treatment (3)tile installation (3)ceiling fan installation (2)

09/10/2021

Steven S.

Wonderfully Bobby came in and replaced our welded on hose bib, we were very happy with his service and would recommend him!

Description of Work
Plumbing

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 09/09/2021

07/14/2021

Christophe D.

Bobby did a fantastic job. Thorough, professional, and courteous. Would absolutely call for our next project!

Description of Work
Remove trim around a window and replace with a window sill and new trim.

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 07/14/2021

06/10/2021

Sherry F.

New life handyman services provided much needed work and a home I recently sold to get it show-ready for potential buyers. Bobby is very professional, reliable, miticulous, and clearly takes pride in his work as demostrated by the craftmanship of the final product. When I needed to have all my interior closet bifold doors cut the size, re installed, and painted--and painting of all interior baseboard and entry doors to make my home, show ready" prior to sale --and later needed sence repair, and exterior carpentry and painting to meet last hour"-HOA requirements prior to closing the sale of my home, he was able to complete the work within a few short days. His work greatly enhanced the interior and exterior appearance of the home and receive high marks from my neighbors and real estate agents. I would highly recommend new life handyman services to anyone who needs quality home repair, remodeling, or custom work performed in a timely manner

Description of Work
Done some painting, remodeling

Work Completed On 03/10/2021

02/08/2021

Tyler T.

New Life Handyman Services owned by Bobby Nesbitt is a very reliable, professional and friendly business. We had a few drywall repairs that were rather tricky and he made the work look easy. He restored each repair location to its original paint and visual condition. I would highly recommend Bobby Nesbitt for any drywall, carpentry or remodeling projects.

Description of Work
Water damage repair

Category drywall, handyman service

Work Completed On 02/08/2021

02/04/2021

Christopher C.

Great job. Two interior doors were replaced; one including the frame. Now we have nice looking new doors. Bobby was professional, efficient, and neat. The price was reasonable. I will definitely hire again. Thanks.

Description of Work
Replace Interior Doors

Category ceramic tile, doors

Work Completed On 02/04/2021

01/08/2021

Rachel J.

Bobby has done a number of projects over the years, including installing new faucets and recessed lighting, replacing a new backsplash (tile), light fixtures (indoor and out), painting, replacing door knobs, and the like. He even installed our tetherball for the kids. He is always friendly and responsive. He is our go-to handyman for almost everything!

Description of Work
Woodwork, minor plumbing and electrical work for our most recent project. He's done major projects -- like a complete new backsplash -- on past visits.

Category countertops, handyman service, plumbing, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 01/07/2021

12/17/2020

John W.

Project was excellent and performed on time. Communicated arrival times and work days effectively. Work performed was great and front of house door and shutters look like new.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting and Carpentry

Category handyman service, woodworking, house painters, doors

Work Completed On 12/16/2020

08/27/2020

Jessica M.

I just had him come out to hang up a couple vinyl shutters on my second story. There were some issues with the shutters (not his fault), and he was able to work around that and get them hung securely.

Description of Work
Shutters hung

Work Completed On 08/27/2020

07/24/2020

William W.

The work was performed promptly and with a high level of expertese.

Description of Work
Replaced rotted wood around windows in our backyard shed.

Category woodworking

Work Completed On 07/16/2020

07/12/2020

Alana J.

Bobby did an excellent job replacing my corroded bathroom faucets. He also did an excellent job repairing and replacing my drywall. From day 1 he was very professional. He arrived on time and was punctual. He was efficient with everything he did in my home and this exceeded my expectations to the point where I have developed a trust in the work he does. I would highly recommend his professional and thorough services. It has been very convenient to work with someone who can do it all! Thanks so much Bobby! You are a rarity! Thanks again! You won’t go wrong hiring Bobby!

Description of Work
Drywall Repair and Faucet Replacement

Category drywall, plumbing

Work Completed On 07/11/2020

07/06/2020

Mary C.

Excellent work. Very happy with the results. Will hire again. Thank you Bobby

Description of Work
Replace storm door

Category woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 07/06/2020

05/12/2020

Ghanshyam P.

Best experience working with a contractor in my life for real. Bobby always my questions on time, provided detail quotes and work involved. He is True professional rare these days, all the work was top notched plumbing, drywall repair and faucet hardware replacement with quality brand. He left job site clean and throughly checked out everything for leaks, etc before leaving and provided me photos of the work each step of the way. I highly recommend him for anything for home improvement it his truely indicates his over 37 years in the business, you can’t go wrong.

Description of Work
Plumbing, Remodeling - General

Category ceramic tile, drywall, plumbing, remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/12/2020

05/12/2020

Ghanshyam P.

I can’t say enough good things about the work Bobby performed a true professional. He did an excellent job with repairing 2 of my townhouse bathroom showers. He replaced the hardware and also took the time to build access panels to prevent future issues. Repaired painted the damaged drywall everything looks like new. The price was very fair and he was always on time at the job site and always cleaned up. You can tell he is a professional with more than 37 years experience look forward to working with then in the future. First class service

Description of Work
Major Plumbing, drywall repair

Category drywall, handyman service, plumbing, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/11/2020

02/18/2020

Deborah I.

Bobby performed several projects for us over the course of a couple of months. He repaired exterior house trim, installed an electrical outlet, repaired drywall, painted interior rooms, and installed a new tile floor. He pays attention to every precise detail, and the results are excellent. He is very responsive, organized and neat, and I felt perfectly comfortable giving him a key to access our home while we were not there. Bobby was more than capable of tackling any job we threw at him, and I definitely recommend him for your home projects.

Description of Work
Painting - Interior, Electrical, Handymen

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/07/2020

11/12/2019

Jennifer T.

Very thorough, good attention to detail, pleasant to work with. Knowledgeable when issues came up that needed to be solved.

Description of Work
Half bath remodel

Work Completed On 11/11/2019

10/22/2019

Eric M.

New Life Handyman does a prompt and thorough job and is your partner in the project making suggestions where needed and providing alternatives to what may be more repair than is required. I've used several times and am always happy with the results and will surely use again.

Description of Work
Handyman Services

Category electrician, handyman service, plumbing

Work Completed On 10/18/2019

10/12/2019

Shirley S.

Very well. I would definitely hire again

Description of Work
Repairing closet door, painting, replacing outdoor frame on back door, chalking toilet and shower stall.

Work Completed On 09/03/2019

09/11/2019

vishwa G.

The door of one of kitchen cabinets broke free from head rail and had to be re glued. Bobby responded to the call immediately, came over same day, examined the job and quoted the price for repairs. Did a wonderful job of repairing the door. Replaced a part of the valve of the fill tank of toilet and made adjustments to the water supply to reduce the noise while the tank fills with the water. Bobby is very knowledgeable and highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Carpentry and Plumbing

Category handyman service, plumbing, woodworking

Work Completed On 09/03/2019

08/26/2019

Richetta C.

Mr. Nesbitt was pleasant to work with and did excellent work. The house painting turned out beautiful, the front of the house looks totally refreshed. He paid great attention to detail! He also installed closet doors that look great. He was able to work around our schedule to finish both the inside work and outside work in a timely fashion. I would definitely recommend him as a handyman and would hire him again.

Description of Work
Handymen, Painting - Exterior, Closet Doors Installed

Category handyman service, house painters

Work Completed On 08/12/2019

07/14/2019

Ramona H.

Bobby Nesbitt is a pro and did an excellent job. He knows what he is doing and reinstalled 16 mini blinds for me after I had new windows in my home. He knew exactly how to install the blinds in the new window space. I hope to have him do small and large construction projects for me in the future. Bobby Nesbitt is the best.

Description of Work
Reinstalling mini blinds

Category handyman service, window treatments, woodworking

Work Completed On 07/14/2019

05/31/2019

Betty L.

The work was completed in about one hour and 45 minutes. We are quite satisfied with the result.

Description of Work
Removal of an old toilet and installation of a new toilet.

Category handyman service, plumbing

Work Completed On 05/31/2019

04/05/2019

Martin C.

Bobby was fantastic. He was professional and his work was exemplary. I plan to hire him again when the need arises. I would definitely recommend him.

Description of Work
Wall repair, painting, fence post install, doors sticking, replace sink stopper

Category handyman service, doors