We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
We accept remote payment

Capitol Improvements

Founded 2012 • With Angi since April 2013

12606 Hillmeade Station Drive

Bowie, MD 20720

We don’t just work for you, we work with you. We’re a family here at Capitol Improvements, and we treat you like family too. You’ll work directly with owner Pat Jewell or manager Mitch Owen from start to finish. We understand the importance of affordability without sacrificing quality. That’s why we offer financing as low as $99/month. Your unique needs will be met by our 20 plus years experience backed by GAF, Mastic, and James Hardie manufacturer certifications....

02/08/2021

Robert C.

In November 2020, I selected “Capitol Improvements” when I needed Siding work to repair my vinyl siding on one side of my 3-level end unit townhouse, after my neighbor’s fire melted my siding. Based on my experience working with “Capitol Improvements” I would highly recommend them to do any Vinyl siding work on your house. My house was an eye sore to the community. I selected “Capitol Improvements” from a list of 10 or more potential siding companies. After much research I narrowed, the list down to 5 companies. I asked each company the same questions, trying to get a feel for who I should select to do the work. I went back and forth with the companies, asking questions, researching the companies using BBB.org, requesting information in writing, and talking to the company representative in person. I selected “Capitol Improvements” because the owner “Pat”, took the time to talk to me, explaining what would be done to restore the house, better than before the house was damaged in the fire. My dad is a brick lawyer and I grew up around real construction tradesman – Game Recognizes Game. I could tell Pat knew his business of Vinyl Siding and he was an excellent communicator. A lot of the representatives from the other siding companies, seemed to get frustrated with me asking questions and requesting answers to be in writing. Getting the siding fixed correctly was very important to me, because of the cost involved to fix the house and ensuring the work would be done safely – I had a concern with the workers reaching the difficult parts of the 3-level townhouse. The Homeowner association would have to be satisfied with the look, material matching the other sides of the house and quality. I wanted a company that would be confident they could do the work and would stand by the work. I wanted a company that would help me fix the messed-up vinyl siding on my house. The owner Pat did a great deal of helping me, put my confidence in “Capital Improvements” to fix damaged vinyl siding of my home. “Capitol Improvements” got the materials, and started the work at the agreed upon time. I was very impressed with the workers who repaired my house siding. The workers worked so hard, that I was inspired to work harder for my boss. The house was completely finished in 5 days, and the workers cleaned up after their work was done. To this day I have no clue how the “Capitol Improvement” workers fixed the more dangerous higher parts of the 3-level townhouse. The vinyl siding on the 1 side completed by “Capitol Improvements”, is better than the vinyl siding on my entire house. The Homeowner association was satisfied and 5 of my neighbors commented me on how good the siding looked. I highly recommend “Capitol Improvements” to do your vinyl siding work. Rob, Bowie, Md

Description of Work
Replaced Vinyl Siding on 1 side of a 3 level TownHouse

Category contractors,siding

11/17/2020

elaine W.

Went like clockwork. I met with Capitol Improvements twice before deciding to go with them as I'd met with other roofing companies as well. I decided to go with them based on their sales pitch but also because so many of my neighbors recommended them. I'm happy I went with them. They offer a great warranty and I love the new look of my house with the new roof. Would recommend them highly.

Description of Work
New roof installed

11/03/2020

Erica R.

Everything went really well. The communication was great. The cost was on par with what I expected for other flat roofs in the area. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
A roof replacement for a leaking roof

Category contractors,gutter repair,roofing

10/08/2020

Beth H.

We hired the to inspect our roof. They did a great job.

Description of Work
Roof inspection

08/11/2020

John F.

This is the second job we have had Capitol Improvement do for us. They were professional from start to finish. They offered the best price of all proposals we got. The crew was prompt and professional and explained things as they did the project. The got the entire job done in one day.

Description of Work
Repair a leaking flat roof. Remove and replace part of deck on roof

Category contractors,roofing

11/07/2019

Roy L.

We ended up not working with each other. BUT I had to write a review that Capitol Improvements responded to my inquiry very quickly and although could not honor it, recommended other contractors, which is very helpful. Thank you for the quick response and recommendations.

Description of Work
Roofing Repair

10/01/2019

Tia C.

If you are like me, you’ve cut back on unnecessary spending lately. I love living in the DMV, but it sure isn’t cheap. When I discovered that I needed a new roof, I thought to myself that this is really bad timing. Still, my home is my biggest investment, and I know that it requires me to spend money from time to time. When it comes to my home, I want the best my money can buy: (1) top of the line materials (2) expert installation, (3) great customer service, and most importantly, (4) a reasonable price. That is why I I am so happy I found Capital Improvements. This company met every requirement. Working with Pat, the owner, was great. He came to my house and helped me make the right choices for my project. Pat took the time to really look at my home and help me decide what was right for me. There was no fast talk or “hard-sell” tactics. I was treated like a valued customer and not a $ sign with two legs. Everything Capital Improvements promised they delivered. They even put a new roof on my shed for free! I was so happy with them that when I decided to add gutter guards, I called them without hesitation. They did the same great job. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
New Roof and Gutter Guard Installation

Category gutter repair,roofing

07/08/2019

JOHN T. A.

Attempted to contact them using this web site. No response. Moved on. Will contact other contractors.

Description of Work
Attempted to contact them thru Angies list website

Category siding

Hi [Member Name Removed] can you please let me know when you reached out so I can look into this? I've been unable to find your info in our call logs.

06/01/2019

Wanda B.

The roof replacement went very well. I prayed to God to help me pick the right company, and He delivered. Not only was it done on a beautiful day, but in one day. My roof is beautiful. I am so pleased with the work and the cleanup. Capitol Improvements also honored the Angie's List coupon. Thank you Pat Jewell for a job well done!

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

04/22/2019

Kathy B.

We had Capitol Improvements install our new roof and we couldn't be happier with the results! Pat and his team were professional, timely, clean and courteous. The price was excellent, very fair, so much better than other estimates we received. We highly recommend them to anyone in need of exterior home improvements! Alan and Kathy B

Description of Work
new roof installed

Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning & Installations, LLC

When you choose Ned Stevens for your gutter cleaning, gutter repair, gutter installation, and other services, you can count on exceptional quality of work and outstanding customer service. Our labor staff are all our own employees, and we train them in our state-of-the-art training facility focusing on quality work. Our work is 100% Guaranteed. Your satisfaction is our goal. We want to make your gutter cleaning experience effortless. You never need to be home! We are fully insured and guarantee all of our work. Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Coronado Painting LLC

Welcome to Painting Coronado Services! 26 years of work experience in handy work, I'm passionate in providing my services to better the community and grown myself as a person, and also a business. My specialty is in painting, door, window, carpet, siding, and roofing installation. Please shoot us a text to write you a free quote.

Gutter Helmet by Harry Helmet®

Gutter Helmet Gutter Protection | Proudly Serving Local Homeowners Since 1981 Never Clean Your Gutters Again! Gutter Helmet is the one-time investment with a lifetime of benefits. Our system installs over your existing full-sized rain gutters, and we offer the only true four-season/365 day-a-year total rainwater management protection system. Trusted by over a million customers nationwide, we guarantee your gutters will remain free flowing and clog free from all debris with our triple lifetime, transferable performance warranty. Call to learn more about the Gutter Helmet difference and schedule your free demonstration and estimate today. (877) 779-8048. Senior & military discounts available.

Offers by Gutter Helmet by Harry Helmet® on Angi

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Roofing systems and replacement siding, windows, doors & gutter.

NA