Bowie Home Improvement Inc

MD
Maryland: General

11900 GRASON LN

Bowie, MD 20715

Let me introduce myself. My name is Bill Schmitt and I am the owner of Bowie Home Improvements Inc. We are a small, full service home improvement company that specializes in the installation of select custom kitchens and bathrooms. We also perform any type of general renovation and home improvements including additions, basements, decks, porches, sun room, screen porches and structural work. I relocated my business from New York to Maryland and I have been a professional home improvement contractor for over 27 years. Bowie Home Improvements Inc. was started in January of 1987. When I relocated my business I decided to keep things small. In New York my company had on average from 10 to 15 employees. The reason I decided to stay small was so that every client would benefit from my personal involvement on every project. I found that my clients were much happier with this approach. This approach worked so well that most of my business has been from referrals since 1995, we do little advertising. Being a small company I can offer you rapid pricing on any project you may have. Immediate contact with me is always available via my personal cell phone as I understand how important that is to you. I am an expert at project problem solving and installation. My team is able to perform structural, electrical, plumbing, ceramic tile, trim, cabinets, custom modifications and much more. My pricing is competitive and I believe I am very easy to work with. If you are looking for professional design, installation and construction for any of your projects, feel free to give me a call. I would be happy to meet with you and answer any questions you may have ....

4.4

home remodeling (37)handyman (13)tile installation (9)drywall (7)plumbers (5)interior painting (3)house painting (3)roofing (3)garage building (2)lighting (2)lead paint removal (1)woodworking (1)

08/06/2018

It went very well. The workmen immediately realized we needed roof repairs as well as skylights to finally stop the leaks. We've had other repairs done that didn't hold and were glad to find out what the real problem was. Bill and his workers were responsive, efficient, and pleasant to deal with. They explained the steps to us, wasted no time, and cleaned up after each day.

Description of Work
We had a leaky roof around skylights in our sunroom.

Category drywall,roofing,skylights,interior painters

Work Completed On 08/01/2018

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. It was great to work for you again and see that you were still enjoying the project I did for you over 25 years ago.

03/24/2018

Bill's crew did a great job resurfacing our deck for a fair and honest price. When he found a joist that was rotting, he replaced it for a fair price and did not try to use it to "upsell" us. I highly recommend Bowie Home Improvement because of the quality and honest of this work.

Description of Work
Resurfacing of deck

Category decks

Work Completed On 03/24/2018

Review for Bowie Home Improvement Inc - 11900 GRASON LN, Bowie, MD - 36931270

02/07/2018

Bill Schmitt is a contractor with integrity. He spotted a problem with the structure of my home that a number of other people missed. If Bill didn't find this problem, my roof would have eventually collapsed... on my family. Bill and his crew fixed the roof at a fair rate, did a thorough job, and gave attention to detail. If you are looking for someone who will give you an honest assessment of you...

Description of Work
Bowie Home Improvement installed two structural beams in my home, completed dry wall work, re-painted the room, and installed a new roof on my home.

Category drywall,picture framing,roofing

Work Completed On 02/07/2018

12/23/2017

It was a journey... A project of this size has a number of challenges; contractor was responsive to all requests and willing to ensure the quality of work met our satisfaction

Description of Work
Siding, exterior doors and storm doors, electric garage door, windows, fascia Contractor was required to move a set of steps in the garage attic in order to install the garage door and reduce the size of the side door

Category garage doors,remodeling,siding,replacement windows,home remodeling,house painters

Work Completed On 12/23/2017

Review for Bowie Home Improvement Inc - 11900 GRASON LN, Bowie, MD - 36696294

02/20/2017

They were professional, punctual and priced reasonally.

Description of Work
Fixed ceiling damage from leak and other ceiling defects

Category drywall

Work Completed On 12/01/2016

12/30/2016

The crew was incompetent, and they took an incredibly long time to do simple work. Thank goodness I hired a different crew to do the other major work in my home. I also had to repeatedly ask for a written estimate/invoice in order to submit a payment. That's just unprofessional.

Description of Work
Drywall repair

Category drywall

Work Completed On 12/29/2016

12/13/2016

The worst deal and service received ever. The prices are outrageously high compared to the service quality and delivery. I had other contractors to finish and complete their work. Just unprofessionally awful services.

Description of Work
Home improvement work

Category handyman service,remodeling

Work Completed On 06/22/2016

This person said we did not do any work for them and then complained about it. He also put my address as his. I can find no record of any work done for him . Possibly a false review.

10/20/2016

On time, professional but the caulking did not last in the shower. We had to have that redone because it started leaking.

Description of Work
Purchased offer: $99 for Three Hours of Kitchen/Bathroom Caulking and Grout Restoration

Category lead paint removal

Work Completed On 10/20/2016

10/12/2016

Service was great. Be careful on the timing as clock starts running when they leave the office, not when they show up at your house.

Description of Work
Light painting. Caulking. Changing bulbs. Minor plumbing.

Category handyman service,interior painters

Work Completed On 10/12/2016

05/13/2016

The workers were prompt, professional, on time and dedicated to what they were doing. The company owner was available both by phone and in person as needed/requested.

Description of Work
Redid master bath to include a space for a front load washer and dryer. This work included removing wallpaper, removing the old tile floor, cutting out the wall and preparing the space for the washer/dryer, relaying a new tile floor and painting. They also added a light over the washer/dryer, did the plumbing and electrical and connected it all!

Category ceramic tile,drywall,picture framing,lighting,plumbing,remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 10/20/2015

Custom kitchens, bathrooms, General renovation, home improvements, additions, basements, decks, porches, sun rooms, screen porches, roofing, siding, windows, doors, & structural work.