American Home Specialists

4.4

Founded 1996 • With Angi since February 2011

13221 Mockingbird ln

Bowie, MD 20720

Family owned & operated. since 1996 we have made it our duty to help homeowners across the nation Update, Restore and Enrich their homes. We are a Founding Member of the UASRC and as a Master Elite General Contractor, we specialize in all aspects of Home Renovation. Whether it's Roofing and Siding, or Interior Remodeling, our team of experts are dedicated and prepared to work with you to find solutions that meet your needs. We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee, as well as a Strong Labor Warranty and understand that customer service excellent quality craftsmanship is whats most important. Our goal is to provide you with the peace of mind and security you deserve. We hope to hear from you and look forward to meeting your every need!...

4.4

4.3

roofing (18)siding companies (4)gutter repair (7)window replacement (4)interior painting (2)house painting (2)drywall (2)solar companies (1)pressure washing (1)deck cleaning (1)chimney repair (1)decks & porches (1)

06/04/2019

Great to work with / knowledgeable / explained every step from cause of damage to repair to insurance / punctual in response to inquiries and calls / repair crew on-time and efficient / excellent craftsmanship / 100% clean-up and removal of all materials from property / would definitely use them again and/or refer them

Description of Work
Replacement of asphalt shingle roof

Work Completed On 06/04/2019

10/24/2017

I cannot say enough about how pleasant an experience I had with American Home Specialists. We had Terry as our main point of contact, but anyone we came into contact with at the company cared about providing the best service possible. Phone calls and texts were returned very quickly. I never felt out of the loop or in the dark about when workers were coming on site or what project they were workin...

Description of Work
I had significant hail damage that Terry helped me assess to my roof, gutters, downspouts, window unit AC, interior ceiling, and shingles. Terry helped me file the claim with my insurance and really made the entire process so easy.

Category gutter repair,roofing,house painters,interior painters

Work Completed On 09/05/2017

Review for American Home Specialists - 13221 Mockingbird ln, Bowie, MD - 36480310

10/15/2017

Excellent. Company is very professional. Workmanship and cleanup was excellent.

Description of Work
New roof on home and shed. New attic fan installed.

10/13/2017

Terry from AHS was very professional and explained every aspect of replacing my roof. I would recommend any to use AHS.

Description of Work
Roof replacement.

Work Completed On 10/13/2017

01/08/2016

We were happy to finally get rid of the original Bay window from the 60s. The new window looks wonderful and is much more efficient. They were polite, professional, and cleaned up after the job. If you can be a little flexible with your schedule, they will do a very nice job at a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Installed Bay window front of house

Category roofing,replacement windows

Work Completed On 01/08/2016

02/18/2015

originally had a problem on getting a confirmed date for when the job would be started. once job was started, roof was replaced in 2 days. clean-up of yard area and debris in gutters was ok at best. it took 3 weeks before they came back to complete other work that was in the contract. This crew found areas of the roof that wasn't caulked by the roofing crew! thank God they noticed this and caulked...

Description of Work
replaced roof as a sub-contractor for lowe's home improvement center.

Work Completed On 11/11/2014

08/15/2014

They were just mediocre. They came out multiple times. They were contracted by another roofer. They still haven't fixed the leak which is not good. Their responsiveness to me has been okay, not great or not bad.

Description of Work
They did some roofing repair work.

Work Completed On 07/03/2014

08/04/2014

May 2010, Waldorf MD, had a hail storm. I called American Home Specialists and the company provided us with excellent service. When Allstate sent an adjuster to our home. The owners of the company met with Allstate's adjuster.. They explained everything to my wife and myself. They worked with Allstate from the very first day, they handled everything. The company replaced our roof and gutters. We r...

Description of Work
American Home Specialists replaced our roof and gutters

Work Completed On 05/14/2010

07/26/2014

I worked with Scott Hoppe, one of the owners of the family business. He is extremely professional and is dedicated to customer satisfaction. Every time I called him and did not leave a message he would call back immediately to see what I needed. Once I called him about something minor when he was driving and he pulled over to discuss whatever it was with me. I was continually impressed with the at...

Description of Work
Replaced roof, vent and chimney and installed new front and back gutters, .

Category gutter repair,roofing,chimney repair

Work Completed On 07/15/2014

02/09/2014

They were on time and charged less then the quote because it tool less time and material.

Description of Work
The provider repaired a leaking roof and interior drywall repair. They even went up in the attic and checked for additional problems.

Work Completed On 11/26/2013

Insurance Storm Restoration, Roof, Siding, Window, Gutter Replacements Residential & Commercial Remodeling

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa, Financing Available, PayPal