Peter Glaser Construction Inc

Founded 1980 • With Angi since March 2011

6707 Buttermere Ln

Bethesda, MD 20817

ADDITIONAL WEBSITES: WEB: http://peterglaserconstruction.com GALLERY: http://picasaweb.google.com/peterglaserconstruction PROFILE: http://profiles.google.com/peterglaserconstruction REVIEWS: http://sites.google.com/site/glasertile GOOGLE KEYWORDS: peter glaser, peterglaserconstruction, glasertile ...

02/04/2016

Marshall and Shirley K.

In order to determine what was causing our leak into our kitchen cabinet, we had a leak detection company out, (American Leak Detection of Northern Va.) After various tests, it was determined that our shower pan was leaking. I then spoke to several companies to figure out the best one to use. Peter Glaser, of Peter Glaser Construction, seemed to be the most responsive and knowledgeable. He came to our home within a day to evaluate the situation. I appreciated the fact that he had done this type of work for many years by himself. He wasn't depending on his workers for the process. He is also a master tile setter and has been building bathrooms for almost 40 years. He has a very small company, that consists of only three crews. Actually, I found out that his crews are related---they are brothers. Since out shower is marble, I also appreciated the fact that Peter's company works a lot with marble and other stones. One company I spoke to had almost no experience with marble . Also, when I asked other companies various questions, they didn't seem as knowledgeable about various options. Before I begin a project, I usually investigate my options and techniques, I believe it is important for the home owner to know as much as possible about the project and what is involved. The crew (2 men) that worked on my shower (Alfredo and his assistant) was also able to cut and hone the marble into 3 " pieces for the shower floor. They arrived each day with cloth runners to cover my carpeting and always cleaned up each day. They did everything possible to control the dust that was generated--that included using plastic sheets, taping the cabinets and doors, etc. They were always on time, were very pleasant and professional to have around, and always seemed to try to do the very best job possible. Peter Glaser usually arrived with them to discuss the days goals and to make sure everything was clear. They did not leave for the day until their goal was met. I always sensed a feeling of pride in their work. The bathroom shower floor came out beautifully and I believe it was well constructed. Another crew, Abel and his assistant repaired part of the kitchen ceiling that we had to remove to investigate the leak. He also did and outstanding job. In conclusion, I highly recommend Peter Glaser Construction and know that I will use this company in the future if needed.

Description of Work
Our master bathroom shower pan developed a leak which leaked into a kitchen cabinet below it. It needed a new shower floor.

Category plumbing

01/22/2015

Robert G.

He has been great. He was price competitive and straight forward. He is honest in his pricing. They are flexible and responsive and they did the work.

Description of Work
They did framing and installed a drywall.

Category drywall,plumbing,remodeling

11/11/2013

kathleen F.

One sink was installed at a slant and had to be redone. That sink has very noisy drain, the stopper does not work, and a $400 sink will not hold water. We then requested different workers for the main bathroom but were ignored. We will have to hire a plumber to redo the sink again. Did not replace broken tiles broken in installation, offering almond color after promising to match salmon color. A tile specialist will charge us $250 additional for installation after we found the matching tile color locally. Employed a jack of all trades and an assistant instead of electrician and plumber specialists. Entire house electrical power was shorted out while installing electrical outlet in medicine cabinet. No precautions were taken to switch off relay power first. We had requested an electrician to do this since we had doubts about the workman's ability after discussing the cabinet installation. Mr. Glaser refused that request. Mr.Glaser did not come to review the finished work nor call us to discuss the remaining issues. He never saw the completed work. Seven to eight days work of two men plus the delivery of the fixtures we purchased separately cost $8,000 or $1,000/day for labor. for

Description of Work
Labor only. Replaced three toilets, replaced two bathroom sinks, replaced two medicine cabinets, replaced fixtures on two showers. removed wallpaper and painted walls in one small bathroom.

Category home remodeling

I am very sorry for Upsetting members. Even though I do not agree with all the comments made, it is a shame that things did not go as smooth as always. We did fix everything and were paid in full upon approval of all the work done.

09/17/2012

Donald K.

This job was a lot more complicated than my wife or I had expected as it first involved extensive demolition work and then the painstaking task of tile installation. Peter Glaser showed patience and understanding in helping us to develop a plan and was very responsive as the inevitable challenges arose. Francisco, the painter and tile setter who performed the actual installation, was first rate. Richard Reeves, who performed the electrical work, was also very competent and helpful. The first plumber that Peter offered to us was a substitute, who did not meet the high standards of the other workers. As a result Peter had to do some troubleshooting towards the end of the project, but the end result was highly satisfactory. I believe that the price that we paid was fair for the extensive work that was performed, and would strongly recommend Peter Glaser to others who may be contemplating similar projects.

Description of Work
Remodling and renovation of two upstairs bathrooms. Replacement of toilets, and one bathtub. Installation of a therapeutic bathtub, heated floor, fans, new cabinets and lighting. Installation of wall and floor tiles and new shower. Painting of both rooms.

Category home remodeling

06/11/2012

Mary C.

He arrived on time and finished the work within the time frame established.

Description of Work
Another contractor, who did otherwise excellent work for us, had made two efforts but could not resolve a problem with regard to an air conditioning unit, with the result that water came in around the window and damaged the floor. Peter reset the unit, sealed the area around it from the outside, and repaired the damaged floor. He also installed awnings for us to protect the house from excessive heating from the sun. We are delighted with the job he did and will certainly hire him again.

Category replacement windows

12/29/2011

Deborah P.

He is just finishing up with the work. I got him through Angieslist. He is great. The weather for the last couple of weeks has not made it easy for him. It could be too cold to paint and it could be too rainy to do anything. But he is pretty much done with his work within the timeframe that he said he would be done with his work. We probably have one more day’s work. He was on top of it. He didn’t make any promises that he couldn’t keep. He seemed to use quality materials. We did a comparison with another bidder and it was in the same range as the other bidder. We had no reason to think that his cost wasn’t reasonable. We would hire him again.

Description of Work
Peter Glaser Construction Inc is remodeling the outside of the back of our house. He is putting in insulation, is doing the painting and replacing a door.

Category insulation,remodeling,house painters,doors

06/29/2011

Erin M.

He did a really good job. Some other people wouldn't do the tile job because it was glass and so required a little bit more (1.55). He did it, it looks great and I'm really happy with it.

Description of Work
We used Peter Glaser Construction Inc in May for installing glass tile.

Category ceramic tile

05/23/2011

Maka V.

I ended up hiring them and the work is going on. It?s a 2 month project. He was down to the point and looks like a real construction worker. He had the quotes sent to me in a day. He is pretty good and I am very pleased with him. I liked that he listens and he works with you. He also gives you an idea. His work is fast so far with what he has accomplished. I am pleased with them so far. He is very attentive and calls just to check if everything is okay and if I am pleased with the work.

Description of Work
I received a quote from Peter Glaser Construction for remodeling the bathroom, kitchen, painting the house and expanding the walk in closets. Also the hardwood floors in the dining room and some paint job. He came towards the end of April.

Category closet systems,hardwood floor,home remodeling,interior painters,doors

04/04/2011

Richard P.

He helped us do a fast-turn-around re-model of an entire upscale rental bathroom. The job required ripping out most of the bathroom, including a Jacuzzi. He had to remove the flooring, jack hammer out sections of concrete slab, move pipes and drains, replace the concrete, build out an entire new Italian style walk in shower with decorative tile and glass, and install all the new fixtures. Also installed a new tile floor for the whole bathroom. The kicker is that we had to do this - start to finish - in less than three days. I was nervous. I asked if he could, no kidding, do it in that amount of time - because I was going to be in trouble if we didn't finish on time. He said he could, and he did! And it was excellent work - perfect. Also, he thought to put down plastic over everything to protect from the concrete jack hammer dust which was hard to contain. Subsequently we did a kitchen remodel and moved some floor drains, put in a new floor, changed the location of a door, put in a whole new breaker box, ran new outlets and switches, and took care of some cement patch work needed behind a wall when we tore in there. All went great. Total success. There were some other contractors (granite and cabinets) involved and the integration was very smooth. Most recently we needed to put in a trench drain in a cement and slate patio to prevent possible flooding into a basement. For that project, I was tied up with other work so I just described what I needed over the phone. He knew what was needed, he got it done perfectly. I wouldn't do that with most people, but he is smart, he listens well, and he knows what he is doing.

Description of Work
I have worked with Peter Glaser Construction Inc many times now. It's great to have him in your list of competent go-to people for large or small masonry, concrete, tile, or bathroom remodeling jobs. He knows what he is doing and will steer you in the right direction if you are looking for advice. For example, he came through with some excellent specialty light fixtures when the ones we had picked did not work out because of unforeseen conditions above the ceiling.

Category ceramic tile,concrete repair,plumbing,home remodeling

03/18/2011

Steve K.

This guy really knew what he was doing - said he's been remodelling bathrooms and kitchens for over 30 years - I was amazed. He came in, gave me an estimate of what it would cost and how long it would take. His price was in the middle of the bids I'd gotten quoted, but he took responsibility for things that others told me I'd have to contract elsewhere! I didn't want the hassle, so went with him. Then he did exactly what he said he'd do in the time he said it would take. There was a lot of Tile work, some intricate mith custom mosaics. I had been worried about this and how it would turn out. But the tile work was flawless! His crew was clean and careful. The job turned out perfect. I'd recommend Peter for any Kitchen or Bathroom Remodelling job, or really anything. He was fast, careful and really knew what needed to be done.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel with marble tile, new fixtures and full mirror, built in shower fully-tiled floor to ceiling, custom mosaic design implementation on wall. Walls glass tiled.

Category ceramic tile,remodeling,home builders,home remodeling

Hamilton’s Unlimited, LLC.

COVID-19 UPDATE! Remember we Guarantee 100% satisfaction! Text or call 240-674-0021 During this time of much uncertainty in our community & Nation, we remain dedicated to the safety and needs of our community. Hamilton’s offers sanitizing services for your home, offices, and workplace using thermal and ULV / Non-thermal aerosol applicator machines. This makes it possible for every nook and cranny to be disinfected and sanitized in your home or workplace. The products and processes that Hamilton's uses are a broad-spectrum of disinfectants that kills 99.9% of germs, disease, and odor-causing organisms on all surfaces. Our products are EPA registered and CDC approved to provide up to six months of continuous residual effectiveness to support a safe environment for your home or workplace. Check out our website and follow Hamilton’s Unlimited LLC. on Facebook for up to date info and lighthearted humor. Respectfully, Kevin Hamilton Owner/CEO Hamilton’s Unlimited LLC. Text or call 240-674-0021 Hamilton's Unlimited, LLC. is an IICRC Certified, family owned and operated business. Specializing in Carpet Cleaning & Flood Water restoration. We have at any given time 1-5 employee's 3 truck mount carpet cleaning machines and many portable carpet cleaning capabilities for unreachable areas or buildings. Employees are FBI background checked. Any work performed by or subcontracted through Hamilton's is backed by Hamilton's 100% satisfaction guarantee. Unlike most of our competitors we offer dry or steam cleaning options. We offer repeat customer discounts as well price matching. Like our Facebook page for discounts, coupons and free scotch guarding promotions! Free no hassle estimates.

Closet America

Closet America is a privately owned and locally operated manufacturer and installer of custom home organization systems for closets, home offices, pantries, media centers, and garages. By raising the standards for quality and customer service, Closet America has steadily grown into one of the premier names in the professional organizing systems industry. We have been consistently awarded the prestigious GuildMaster Award for exceptional customer service and satisfaction.

RestoreUnow

WATER, FIRE & MOLD Damage Restoration & Clean-up Services! When disaster strikes your home or business, you need an experienced professional company to restore your property back to pre-loss condition. We offer immediate disaster response and can work with your insurance company. Having a disaster happen can be a traumatic time in your life and we understand every aspect of this. Our goal is to not only restore your home or business properly but to also ease your mind. From the initial phone call until after we've completed the work, we promise you'll be completely satisfied. We urge you to take a few moments to read our reviews, learn about our services, and contact us with any questions you may have.

American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, PayPal

Home construction - installations of ceramic, stone, glass & marble tile, patios, kitchen & bathroom remodeling. Services include demolition, framing, electrical, plumbing, drywall, painting and finish work. We also do masonry, mudding, plastering, heated floor underlayment and waterproofing systems. Indoor and outdoor projects are accepted. We're happy to work with your Designers or Architects. We can provide labor only in cases where you'd prefer to procure your own materials.

We do not do cheap or shoddy work. If you're looking for cheap cosmetic job just to sell a house, please call someone else. Our work is done to last for decades. We add value to homes, but more importantly, we add value to the peoples lives who we work for. Our pricing is not low-ball, however we've been told that we are competitive and usually lower than most other area contractors.