American Plant

Founded 1923 • With Angi since November 2005

American Plant’s Landscape Division specializes in creative solutions for all of your landscaping needs. We begin with a plan that meets your budget and lifestyle. The result is a vibrant garden with inviting and intimate entertainment spaces. Our talented design team and professional landscapers combine over 125 years of experience in creating gracious gardens and livable landscapes. American Plant’s award winning installations use sustainable designs (we are LEED Associate certified) and, as always, use organic gardening practices. We welcome the opportunity to assist you in enhancing your outdoor environment....

Metro Drainage Pros LLP

Metro Drainage Pros is a licensed & insured company that specializes in exterior storm water management and drainage issues. At Metro Drainage Pro's, LLP, we offer a team of highly trained professionals who all have a vast amount of experience in storm water management. We are a fully licensed and insured company, and we strive to bring our customers the best possible solutions, tailored to fit their needs. There is no job that is too big or complicated, and with over 30 years of extensive experience, our professional trained employees are fully capable of handling the most demanding of projects. So don't let your drainage get you any longer. Let the Metro Drainage Pro's, LLP team identify the source of the problem so we can provide you with long lasting results.

Yard Enhancement Services LLC

Locally owned and operated full-service landscaping company

Drainage and Erosion Solutions

Drainage & Erosion Solutions (DES) is an award-winning company that provides assessment and repair of all drainage and erosion problems for residential and commercial properties. We are a design-build firm, with both engineering and contracting divisions; offering aesthetically pleasing and professionally engineered solutions to drainage and erosion problems. Our team members are year-round, full-time employees with a strong reputation for technical knowledge, attention to detail, great customer service and general excellence. All DES consultations, assessments, and installations are performed by a licensed professional soils engineer, or landscape and drainage systems designer. These professionals have several decades of combined design and contracting experience. Clients like working with us - much of our business comes from referrals and from our top rankings among the most popular contractor ratings services .

01/13/2019

see above - great job that exceeded expectations.

Description of Work
I had landscaping done 5 years ago to get regrading, French drains etc to correct the water problem I had in the basement. American Plant did an amazing job - the landscaping made such a difference that it was featured in the Bethesda magazine. Over the past few years they replaced plants didn't make it and were covered by warranty, provided advice on how to deal with problems in the yard and provided suggestions when I needed to replace plants. A few months ago I saw a couple of blocks that had come loose on the back step they had put in. I called them and they came out. Even though it was a few months past the warranty on the overall job, they still honored the warranty, fixed the step and reinforced other areas on the stop. I appreciate their responsiveness and highly recommend them. I have had not water in my basement since they did the regrading and landscape.

Category landscaping,lawn service,masonry,mulch,tree service,drain pipe,hardscaping,patios

09/26/2017

Mike never showed up for our first 7am estimate appointment. When I called the office Mike said he had an emergency with a crew that morning and didn't have my phone number to inform me that he couldn't make it. So I decided to give him another chance. We setup another 7am appointment, which he was prompt to arrive for but never sent me an estimate. If a contractor doesn't want the job why don't t...

Description of Work
A horizontal cedar fence.

Category patios

07/26/2017

Good. Some plants did not thrive initially, but American Plant Food replaced them with alternatives.

Description of Work
Plantings as part of a landscaping project

03/10/2016

When they plant a tree, they show up on time and do it right. No mess, no fuss, no mistakes.

Description of Work
American Plant Food is my "go to" place for annuals, perinneals, mulch, shrubs, bushes, and garden supplies. Yes it is more expensive than Home Depot or Lowes. However, the quality and selection is unmatched, their personnel are knowledgable, friendly and helpful, and they replace items with no questions asked if they die. I have been going to them for years and endorse them mightily.

10/10/2015

Not service, just bought plants.

Description of Work
I bought plants

08/17/2015

What a great experience! We worked with Bassem at American Plant, who we can't recommend highly enough. He's a kind person who truly listens and his expertise in landscape architecture comes out at every point that he was explaining the process and options for us. We wanted our backyard to look young and modern, and Basem took that into consideration and met our expectations perfectly. We had a firm budget for our project and were disappointed by two other landscape architecture companies that we consulted with because they went way above our budget. Basem was able to put together a proposal that was not only within our budget but achieved many of the key goals we had for the space, including adding stone pathways and a stone wall. Basem was really trustworthy, too, and we never felt like we were being taken advantage of. The team from American Plant was extremely professional, reliable, and respectful of the space. They always arrived on time, completed the project as planned and within budget, and we felt like we really got a great combination of expertise and value. The consultation was not very expensive, around $100-$150, and that cost was credited toward our final project once we decided to go with them. Even better still, we got a rebate card in the mail worth $500 toward purchases at the American Plant stores, which I guess is a sort of dividend for working them. A nice added bonus.

Description of Work
Drew up plans for redesign of front and back-yard, including plantings, paved walkways, and drainage, and then performed the landscaping work.

Category landscaper","masonry contractor

04/19/2015

The selection of plants is great and the employees were able to advise on what plants would work in our yard and identify existing plants in our yard so we could supplement.

Description of Work
Advised on plantings

Category landscaper

11/08/2014

This place never disappoints, even this late in the season. I needed to replace some landscaping that my tenant seems to have removed or destroyed at my house. I am trying to get the place looking good enough to sell now. American Plant is the go-to place for a variety of plants, including good-sized shrubs and trees, including better-quality and harder-to-find varieties. I bought three lovely hydrangea shrubs, about 3' tall when in the ground, and really well matched, to fill in the foundation plantings in front of the house. Then I picked up a gorgeous larger Witch Hazel shrub that should be in full bloom very early in the Spring, around February or March, to look good right when the house will go on the market. That shrub was also 3-4 feet tall. How perfect is that? Finally, I picked up a few hellebores (in bloom!) to fill in a few more bare spots by a stone path. It all looks great. The plants all seem to be extremely healthy, which is amazing for this late in the season.

Description of Work
I bought landscape shrubs and perennials. Got advice from the staff.

Category landscaper","lawn service

04/15/2014

Nothing special - it was simply that one of their professionals answered my questions re. deer eating all my plants, and which plants I could try that are deer-resistant.

Description of Work
Provided info re. deer-resistant plants.

Category landscaper

02/01/2014

They were excellent. Suzy Altman, who led the project, was professional in her approach, and talented in her landscape design skills. The group worked together as a team, working efficiently, and always leaving everything neat at the end of the day. Joe Bob (I think, or maybe Jim Bob) was patient in explaining how what they were doing would prevent water. He also gave me suggestions on dealing with the rabbits and a squeaky door! Demetrius did much of the landscaping work and was careful and attentive to all the details that made it all come together. The patio was shaped with a curve that brought the yard together. Suzy was creative and thoughtful in the plants selected (knowing we weren't great gardeners - so low maintenance plants!) and the yard looks beautiful. She also selected native plants so we got a $2,500 rebate from the county. Also, when a couple of the plants died, American Plant came out the next week and replaced them. We will be using American Plant in the spring to get everything ready (and to make sure we only kill weeds.) And, the most important piece - after many rain storms (one more than 6 inches of rain) NO WATER IN THE BASEMENT! So we didn't have to go to one of the wet basement companies that drill holes in your inside walls etc. Needless to say, we were very pleased with the American Plant team. And, we just got a rebate check for $500 from American Plant based on what we spent. They were a little higher in cost than the other estimates, but then they ended up doing more in terms of building drainage, so it all worked out.

Description of Work
i was having water in my basement every time it rained. Someone suggested that I try landscaping rather than getting inside work done. American Plant analyzed the situation, including getting water tables from the county. They dug up the yard, build in drains underground and along the fence (where much of the water was coming in), and changed the location of the sump pump and dryer vent. They also designed a new backyard for me - landscaping and new patio design.

Category landscaper","irrigation system installer","drain pipe installer

Landscaping. Custom designed plant installations. Plantings. Patios. Ponds. Waterfalls. Walkways. Retaining walls. Rain gardens. Drainage. Grading. Cleanups. Garden center & nursery.

Lawn Irrigation and Lighting (subs used)

American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa