American Plant

Founded 1923 • With Angi since November 2005

American Plant’s Landscape Division specializes in creative solutions for all of your landscaping needs. We begin with a plan that meets your budget and lifestyle. The result is a vibrant garden with inviting and intimate entertainment spaces. Our talented design team and professional landscapers combine over 125 years of experience in creating gracious gardens and livable landscapes. American Plant’s award winning installations use sustainable designs (we are LEED Associate certified) and, as always, use organic gardening practices. We welcome the opportunity to assist you in enhancing your outdoor environment....

Drainage & Erosion Solutions (DES) is an award-winning company that provides assessment and repair of all drainage and erosion problems for residential and commercial properties. We are a design-build firm, with both engineering and contracting divisions; offering aesthetically pleasing and professionally engineered solutions to drainage and erosion problems. Our team members are year-round, full-time employees with a strong reputation for technical knowledge, attention to detail, great customer service and general excellence. All DES consultations, assessments, and installations are performed by a licensed professional soils engineer, or landscape and drainage systems designer. These professionals have several decades of combined design and contracting experience. Clients like working with us - much of our business comes from referrals and from our top rankings among the most popular contractor ratings services .

Metro Drainage Pros is a licensed & insured company that specializes in exterior storm water management and drainage issues. At Metro Drainage Pro's, LLP, we offer a team of highly trained professionals who all have a vast amount of experience in storm water management. We are a fully licensed and insured company, and we strive to bring our customers the best possible solutions, tailored to fit their needs. There is no job that is too big or complicated, and with over 30 years of extensive experience, our professional trained employees are fully capable of handling the most demanding of projects. So don't let your drainage get you any longer. Let the Metro Drainage Pro's, LLP team identify the source of the problem so we can provide you with long lasting results.

Locally owned and operated full-service landscaping company

01/13/2019

see above - great job that exceeded expectations.

Description of Work
I had landscaping done 5 years ago to get regrading, French drains etc to correct the water problem I had in the basement. American Plant did an amazing job - the landscaping made such a difference that it was featured in the Bethesda magazine. Over the past few years they replaced plants didn't make it and were covered by warranty, provided advice on how to deal with problems in the yard and provided suggestions when I needed to replace plants. A few months ago I saw a couple of blocks that had come loose on the back step they had put in. I called them and they came out. Even though it was a few months past the warranty on the overall job, they still honored the warranty, fixed the step and reinforced other areas on the stop. I appreciate their responsiveness and highly recommend them. I have had not water in my basement since they did the regrading and landscape.

Category landscaping,lawn service,masonry,mulch,tree service,drain pipe,hardscaping,patios

09/26/2017

Mike never showed up for our first 7am estimate appointment. When I called the office Mike said he had an emergency with a crew that morning and didn't have my phone number to inform me that he couldn't make it. So I decided to give him another chance. We setup another 7am appointment, which he was prompt to arrive for but never sent me an estimate. If a contractor doesn't want the job why don't t...

Description of Work
A horizontal cedar fence.

Category patios

07/26/2017

Good. Some plants did not thrive initially, but American Plant Food replaced them with alternatives.

Description of Work
Plantings as part of a landscaping project

03/10/2016

When they plant a tree, they show up on time and do it right. No mess, no fuss, no mistakes.

Description of Work
American Plant Food is my "go to" place for annuals, perinneals, mulch, shrubs, bushes, and garden supplies. Yes it is more expensive than Home Depot or Lowes. However, the quality and selection is unmatched, their personnel are knowledgable, friendly and helpful, and they replace items with no questions asked if they die. I have been going to them for years and endorse them mightily.

10/10/2015

Not service, just bought plants.

Description of Work
I bought plants

Category landscaping

Landscaping. Custom designed plant installations. Plantings. Patios. Ponds. Waterfalls. Walkways. Retaining walls. Rain gardens. Drainage. Grading. Cleanups. Garden center & nursery.

Lawn Irrigation and Lighting (subs used)

American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa