Overhead Door Co of Washington DC

Founded 1973 • With Angi since July 2005

6841 Distribution Dr

Beltsville, MD 20705

Overhead Door Company of Washington DC offers residential garage door products & services. With a variety of types of garage doors to choose from, including wooden doors and steel doors, we are sure to have a door that fits your style & needs. Call today to schedule a free in-home sales estimate, or a virtual sales estimate over the computer! We also offer garage door repair & installation services 24-hours a day, 7 days a week....

08/21/2020

Robert F.

I wish I were able to hire them. I requested a quote from a few different companies and Overhead is the only one who replied. After sending pics, they called to let me know that what I was trying to do just wasn't going to work with the way my house was built without significant effort. Their honest assessment was very much appreciated.

Description of Work
Quote and Work Honesty

06/20/2020

Sara S.

Very good experience overall. In spite of some challenges working in in a very old garage, the door was successfully installed and works well.

Description of Work
Removed old garage door and installed new, insulated door

Category garage doors, doors

05/20/2020

Greg M.

Everything went well, Arthur B. was very qualified, did good work & very professional.

Description of Work
Garage Door Repair

10/30/2019

michael B.

fine and really really really fine

Description of Work
Replaced Keypad.

09/06/2019

Tim P.

Arthur was awesome! He was very professional and helpful. Gave me great pointers on how to maintain the garage door spring.

Description of Work
Needed garage door spring replaced.

06/05/2019

melissa A.

This is now the third time my family has turned to overhead door co over the last 3 years for problem solving and maintenance of our garage door system. They always come promptly- either the same day or the following day. The techs have always been courteous and professionals and went over what they did in detail. I always learn something from their visits. I will continue to use them and I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Garage door problem

08/20/2018

Martin K.

The repairman completed the work in a professional manner. He showed me a useful tip to explore that might eliminate future service calls.

Description of Work
Automatic garage door repair.

06/06/2018

Gregory M.

They were great, fixed the problem quickly and were on time.

Description of Work
Fixing a residential garage door

05/28/2018

Sherry D.

Serviceman was on time, professional and provided quality work.

Description of Work
Garage door spring had broken and it was replaced. Also, serviced second garage door.

Category garage doors, doors

03/14/2018

Jennifer H.

Splendid! They came out same day and the price was reasonable. The technician did a good quick job and was professional.

Description of Work
Replace garage door springs

02/05/2018

Karen H.

Great! I have Overjead Door several times in different states and always get great service. This time I had both springs replaced when one of them broke and the work was done promptly and efficiently.

Description of Work
Replacement of Springs on Garage Door

02/01/2018

Mike W.

Scheduling was a breeze. I called the number, was asked if my project was commercial or residential and routed the call to someone to schedule the appointment. I even had to reschedule and that process was easy. The technician called nice and early in the morning to let me know he was on his way. Traffic was undertandably heavy and he called me to give me an updated time. (I didn’t mind at all. The communication was key) I met him out back and he immediately said they don’t provide service for some sort of vague liability reason. I asked for a reference to another vendor and he fiddled with his iPad for a minute. He said “they don’t even want to get involved” and couldn’t provide me with any further assistance. Everyone seemed helpful as they could be. But if this company has such a decisive policy that they are not servicing all types of doors, they should provide some more screening on the phone. This was a waste of everyone’s time and effort. I imagine I will not be receiving a bill for this.

Description of Work
My roll up door is not closing all the way. It stops about a foot above the ground.

Category garage doors

Thanks for taking the time to review our services. I'm sorry we are unable to perform work on rolling steel doors in residential zoned areas due to increased regulations. We could have done a better job determining the type of door you had to avoid any wasted time. This has been reviewed with all involved at our company. You will not be billed. Best of luck with your projected.

12/19/2017

Nancy O.

Great installation job done by Tyler, a highly professional installer. Quality of materials are excellent. This is the second time we used Overhead Doors and would use them again.

Description of Work
Replace garage door andpower== Replace garage door and power opener.

09/08/2017

George P.

A number of years ago, like eight or ten, we used them to replace our garage door motor and everything. A couple of years ago we were having an issue with the door and the motor and they came to replace everything. We had to pay a minor service related charge because not everything was covered after that time period by warranty. But we replaced a lot of stuff under warranty. They were very responsive.

Description of Work
We were having an issue with the door and the motor and they came to replace everything

08/15/2017

JANET C.

It was just a routine preventative maintenance kind of thing. It was reasonably priced, it was like maybe $129, I don't remember. I like their professionalism. They do a good job.

Description of Work
They did regular maintenance.

08/02/2017

WILLIAM J.

The company's customer service line asked the right questions, to include exactly what items needed replacement. Jon arrived as scheduled first the next morning He arrived with the correct replacement strips and was finished in about 90 minutes. Everything was left clean and ready for use. Truly a professional at work.

Description of Work
The vertical strips/seals had been damaged by rodents (unknown type). They had chewed away the flexible strip on both sides of the double-door, taking away about 5 inches on each side.

07/20/2017

JOHN G.

It was an excellent experience. I would want others to know the quote was the quote, they showed up on time. They cleaned up and just the quality of the product.

Description of Work
They replaced 2 garage doors.

07/08/2017

TRINA R.

They did a very good job. They came just when they said they would. They are pricey but they do a really good job.

Description of Work
I used Overhead Door Co of Washington DC to repair our garage door.

07/03/2017

Lisa C.

The Service rep did a fantastic job.

Description of Work
We had and used our garage door opener for six years because my children kept knocking the sensors off when they were playing in the garage. When the service rep came to our home he explained the work that needed to be done and was there very thorough in completing the work. He replace the sensors, tightened some bolts, and did maintenance check up.

07/01/2017

Albert S.

Did a good professional job. Sales person know hands off after sale. Was not 100% clear on the capability of the garage doors (no battery backup). Otherwise, installers were clean, prompt, and efficient.

Description of Work
Replaced two one car garages. Were direct to say that repair would be as costly as new doors.

03/31/2017

Gregory B.

Outstanding! High quality installation work and equipment, punctual, and fair price. Doesn't get any better than Overhead Door Company of Washington DC.

Description of Work
New garage door opener, wall control console, and safety sensors installed.

03/21/2017

William H.

I haven't gone forward with them yet but it's not their fault. It was a good service. I just wasn't ready to move forward in the project quite yet. I'll likely select them but it will probably be later. They responded quickly about the appointment so I didn't have to worry about it. They're price competitive.

Description of Work
They gave me a quote for a new garage door installation.

01/29/2017

Alyssa A.

Great service. Installed an automatic door opener which now makes the garage so much easier to use. Would recommend.

Description of Work
Installed automatic door opener

01/02/2017

Alexander D.

It went very well. The installer was on time and did an excellent job uninstalling the old door and installing the new door. He was courteous and very professional. In compariso to others, the price was reasonable. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
Garage door replaced

12/21/2016

Deborah D.

This is not the first time we've used this company. (They've done repairs for us that have always done good work and are quick). At our request, Overhead Door salesman showed us many choices for our custom home, encouraging us to choose ones that would work best for us, even though it turned out to be a less expensive option than what we thought we might pick. (He was right!) We even decided to replace the old spring/pulley mechanisms with new belt drives that were so much quieter. They said it would be 2 weeks, and called us right on the dot for the appointment. The crew showed up promptly, and started in immediately. They were professional, neat, clean, and finished up the large and small doors in less than a day. The doors look wonderful and work great! We are extremely happy with the job, and highly recommend Overhead Door.

Description of Work
Replacing 2 garage doors and openers at my residence in Potomac, MD

A-1 Garage Door

A1 garage door has been providing fast, friendly family services in your neighborhood for years. While maintaining our humble family ideals, our company has grown to service both commercial and residential markets with no job too small or large for us. A1 Garage Door is a full line garage door company operated by specially trained, certified and uniformed technicians. We specialize in providing quality garage door services such as sales, full installations and repairs. It is our aim to bring you the best customer service possible accompanied by very reasonable prices. We are located in Alexandria Virginia but we currently only provide services to Stafford, Woodbridge, Fredericksburg, Culpeper, Chantilly and Manassas and its neighboring Northern Virginian areas, Maryland & Washington DC. Additional phone - (571) 572-5420.

Offers by A-1 Garage Door on Angi
    Horizon Garage Doors

Horizon Garage Doors provide the best quality and affordable service for your garage door needs. Our services include Sales, Repairs, Replacements, Installations and many more. Our staff can handle all door and opener types. We replace broken springs, broken cables and Replace/Repair garage door opener with no time!

Fred C Johnson Co

As a multi-year Super Service Award Winner, at Fred C Johnson Garage Doors, we offer the kind of personalized service that is rarely seen today. We are a family owned and operated company with fully knowledgeable and professional staff of technicians. Although we sell and install Clopay Garage Doors, CHI Overhead Doors and Liftmaster Garage Openers, we do service and repair all other makes and models of garage doors and opening devices. We also stock one of the largest selections of garage door parts, springs, cables and replacement parts in Maryland. Family owned & operated. Additional DBAs - Maryland Door, Fred C Johnson Co Inc. Award winning.

DC
    Washington DC: General
    12/31/2023
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Garage Door and Garage Door Opener Sales, Installations, & 24-Hour Repair Services.