We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
We accept remote payment

Eds Tree Service Inc

Founded 1987 • With Angi since January 2005

11525 East Maple Avenue

Beltsville, MD 20705

Woman owned and operated. Over 25 years of excellent service.

11/15/2021

Phil H.

Excellent. They arrived on schedule. They took care not do damage my lawn or property. They cleared the stump manually to my satisfaction because their machine couldn't reach all of it. They stayed within their estimate. They were very courteous and responsive.

Description of Work
healthy tree removal

11/05/2021

Thomas H.

They were professional, the service were good. They came on time and they cleaned up

Description of Work
We had a trim for 3 tree limb and disposed the branches

09/16/2021

dana P.

It went very well. They did a good job at tearing all the tree. They are responsives to all of my questions. It was very good.

Description of Work
They cut down several trees.

05/04/2021

AMELIA C.

They cut down a tree for me, and I was very very satisfied, They had the highest estimate among three estimates I got, i told them about the other estimates and they gave me the lowest price quote. I really liked this company, I would highly recommend them to anyone. The price was very reasonable.

Description of Work
Tree cutting service

03/11/2021

James O.

There's a huge branches fallen she came out very good and she gave us an assessment. They were excellent she gave very good advice.

Description of Work
Tree service

10/22/2020

Lonnie & Joann F.

WORK NOT SCHEDULED YET! MY COMMENTIS ABOUT LICENSING. CONTRACTOR INDICATES IT HAS A LICENSE, BUT IT HAS EXPIRED - 2016! HAVE YOU RENEWED IT?

Description of Work
N/A - WORK NOT SCHEDULED YET!

Category lawn service

Our license is renewed each year through the Department of Natural Resources and currently doesn't expire until December of 2021. We did not realize it needed to be updated on our profile so we apologize. We would be happy to provide a copy of our license when we give you an estimate. Please message us directly with questions in the future as reviews should be used to share your experience with us.

10/21/2020

STERLIND B.

From the initial estimate with the Ed's Tree Service Representative to the finished product, I am a very satisfied customer. The crew from Ed's Tree Service were efficient and effective! The work was done in such a fashion that the sunlight gets to my lawn, the front area of my property is open and bright, and I the trees were effectively trimmed to minimize any contact with my roof or the home of my neighbor's home. Well worth the cost of the job. I Love Their Work!

Description of Work
I needed multiple, mature tress on my property/ yard trimmed.

10/15/2020

Robert R.

Very well. A crew of four or five guys came the day after we got our quote and trimmed it to my satisfaction. But I don't know why I ever agreed to that outrageous price.

Description of Work
trim overgrown birch tree

Category lawn service

08/19/2020

Catherine W.

We used Ed’s tree service to cut down a dead ash in our backyard. When they came out to give us a quote they told us the price $1350 and specifically stated verbally as well as on our quote that they had to adjust the price due to the fact that they would need to remove bamboo and a large pile of sticks in front of the tree to remove the tree from our yard. I agreed to the quote and the work. On the day of tree removal they did a great job removing the tree and even found that they could remove the tree through another path and would not need to remove the bamboo or pile of branches. I tried to pay on the spot, but was informed I would need to call the office the next day as they couldn’t accept payment and the office was already closed for the day. I called the next day and received a busy signal all day. I finally sent an email stating that I wanted to pay, and also find out the new price since part of the quoted work wasn’t completed (bamboo and stick removal). I was then told that, “that is only 10 minutes of work and wouldn’t change the price”. If it was only 10 minutes of work and didn’t effect the price, then why was it included in the quote at all?? I went ahead and paid the full quote, but these little signs of lack of integrity and honesty are the things that will make me choose another service for the rest of my tree removal needs. The work was good, but with many tree removal companies out there, I suggest finding one with a better handle on the administrative piece.

Description of Work
Removal of dead ash

07/24/2020

arlene S.

they did excellent work, very professional and experienced I will call them to do work for me again

Description of Work
Tree trimmed and bushes removed from fence

07/17/2020

Katie H.

It went very well throughout the entire process from the quote, scheduling and execution. I will definitely use the company again. In addition, I plan to use them for upcoming tree work.

Description of Work
Tree and stump removal

07/11/2020

Harold C.

Outstanding work with great security for each other know what they are doing also and fast

Description of Work
Cut down a tree and trimmed another

07/10/2020

James M.

The crew arrived on time (about 10min.earlier than expected). They were armed with a detailed work list that covered every tree and bush viewed at the estimate walk thru. They were like a well-organized squad of marines. Each member had an assigned job and moved directly to the task. As each task was finished we reviewed it together. Clean up was on going and the total job was completed in about an hour and 45min. Ed’s Tree Service is an experience, professional service that does excellent work. I recommend them and will continue to use them.

Description of Work
Several large bushes trimmed. Several trees trimmed or removed and the removal of dead or dangerious tree branches.

06/04/2020

Linda K.

Didn’t. I sent a request for an estimate through Angies list and never heard anything - no email, no phone call follow up. Nothing. How hard is it to even drop an email through angies list saying we are sorry we are so busy we don’t have time right now? If they can’t be bothered to get new business- guess good for them but why are they on Angies list if they don’t need the business?

Description of Work
Tree removed and another tree pruned back.

Category tree service

Thank you for taking time out to write this review. We just reviewed our estimate requests/messages that we receive through Angie's List dating back to the beginning of this year and do not see any that match your name or address. So unless it is under another name, it does not appear that you contacted us for an estimate. We strive to respond to every request we receive and would've called or emailed had we gotten a request.

05/30/2020

Xavier B.

Ed's Tree Service provided us with excellent advice about how to keep our lovely, century-old white oaks healthy. No need to do anything right away, the company representative said. Just trim the crowns in a year or so. We'll do that, and give Ed's the job.

Description of Work
Check tree health

11/25/2019

Stephen S.

I sent detailed descriptions of the requested work to three companies. Ed's was the only one to respond and they did so almost immediately. Within two days someone came to the house and reviewed with me the work to be done. The quote reflected accurately the work to be done. Scheduling was back and forth, an early date to do the work was postponed when an emergency came up. We scheduled the work for ten days in the future but they called when an early opening arose. Confident that the work to be done was straightforward, I gave permission to do the work in my absence. That was my mistake because two additional branches were cut off which will reduce the shade on our back patio for several years. The work was done well, they just did a bit too much of it.

Description of Work
Branch over my house cut down, a downed limb stuck in branches removed, and a downed limb on the ground cut and removed.

10/10/2019

laura R.

Ed’s did everything they said they would. They came on time, worked carefully and diligently until all the work was completed. They cleaned up all the debris. All work was done very professionally. By the way, I received 3 estimates before deciding on Ed’s. Their estimate was the best.

Description of Work
My large maple tree was pruned of dead branches and where limbs hung dangerously close over my house. It was also injected with vitamins. The oak and cherry tree were also pruned. I also have a dwarf Japanese maple in my patio that was trimmed of dead branches and injected with vitamins.

09/22/2019

Robin C.

They did a fantastic job, came at the exact time the said they would. It was a team of 5 who were in 2 1/2 hours and it amazes me that you wouldn’t know there had been a large dead tree there if you hadn’t seen it. They were friendly, polite and cleaned up after themselves. They also gave me a better price than I had been given by another service.

Description of Work
I had a large tree cut down with the roots ground, a large bush removed and roots ground, root ground from a large dead bush previously cut down and the stump of a nuisance tree treated to stop it from returning

08/12/2019

LaTanya R.

The estimator as well as the removal crew were great. Kevin, listened to our needs and provided great suggestions. Grant the Foreman was very personable and efficient. The crew was professional and courteous.

Description of Work
Tree branches trimmed. Dead tree removed.

07/26/2019

Catherine B.

Alice came out to do an estimate, which was left in my door. I was quite surprised that the estimate was three times the price of two other estimates received for the same service. I received one estimate for $1400 and a second one for $1700. Alice's estimate was for $4300, less a 10% discount for a total of $3870. I didn't reach back out to them to discus's the price as I was quite put off by the large amount. It definitely pays to get several estimates!

Description of Work
Tree cut up and removal

Category lawn service, tree service

Thank you for the review and the opportunity to provide an estimate. While it does pay to get several estimates, it also pays to ensure that these estimates are proposing to do the same scope of work. Our estimate included not only removing the tree but also grinding the stump. The price was indicitave of the amount of labor and equipment needed to perform a thorough and quality job.

07/26/2019

Catherine B.

Eds estimate was three times higher than two other estimates received. The estimate given was for $4300 less 10% for a total of $3870. The other two estimate's were for $1400 and $1700. Obviously, I didn't go with Ed's.

Description of Work
Downed tree cut up and removed

12/11/2018

Michael F.

This company did a great job! After receiving 4 bids, they were the most affordable. They arrived on time. Worked very efficiently. Cleaned up afterwards. And worked hard to make sure that we were pleased with the job. Our trees look great. We would use them again.

Description of Work
Trimmed two large trees and cabled the limbs of one tree

12/02/2018

Michael S.

Ed's did an excellent job. They were very efficient, careful and professional. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
I needed a tree taken down and a dead tree limb removed

11/13/2018

Bernice H F.

After telling me the trunks would be grind down, when the time came I was told the tree was too close to the house.

Description of Work
Trees Removed

Category tree service

We apologize for any miscommunication but stump grinding was never included on the estimate. Our estimator stated to drill holes in the stumps and add stump rot which is normally an indication that we are unable to grind them.

11/02/2018

Swafia A.

The Ed’s Team did a good job completing the work I needed done & cleaning up my yard.

Description of Work
Tree Trimming

Xtra Care Landscaping & Design INC

We understand how important it is to have confidence in the people who design your landscape. We have a friendly staff of highly creative and capable people, and we pride ourselves in our excellent service recognized around DC area, Maryland and Virginia. That’s how we’ve built our business throughout more than 18 years and mostly through referrals. For more than a decade, Xtra Care Landscaping & Design, Inc, has provided professional lawn and yard maintenance as well as comprehensive landscaping design-build services to residential and commercial clients throughout the metropolitan Washington, DC area.Whether you choose mowing and edging, artificial turf or mulching our competitive pricing and professional service is among the best in the area, and be sure to ask about our complete landscape design-build services guaranteed to blend your home or office seamlessly into it’s natural surroundings. Call us for any of the listed services: Yard & Maintenance, Hardscaping, Sprinkler Systems, Lighting, Artificial Turf, Decks, Landscape Design, Going Green, Concrete Art, Or Commercial Maintenance!

2022 Super Service Award

Baumann's Lawn & Landscape

Additional contact: Matt Baumann, mattbaumann1@aol.com. Rick baumann, rbaumannjr@yahoo.com Currently not accepting jobs under $5,000 due to high demand. Check back for updates!

Caliber Tree Services

Our story began 65 years ago with our Grandfather Henry and Uncle Kenny. They provided various home services for those in need, but did not have the budget to complete. They found ways to help people repair their homes and pay them as they could. The joy they received by being able to help others in need was worth more, than the cost of the job itself. Fast forward to present day, we still keep those core values and do our best to help those in need of our Tree Expert Services. We do this by providing fair pricing, reasonable terms, and quality workmanship to all of our customers. We go one step further for our Senior Citizens, Military, Police, Fire, and Teachers. Give us an opportunity to win your business and become your go to Tree Experts for life.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Maryland
    Maryland Department of Natural Resources
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing

Tree Removal, Stump Removal, Tree Pruning, Tree Feeding, Tree Shaping & Emergency Storm Service.

Root Pruning