Len The Plumber, LLC.

Founded 1996 • With Angi since September 2005

4.4

1552 Ridgely St

Baltimore, MD 21230

Len The Plumber, LLC. is a leading plumbing and drain company serving Central Maryland. Our certified professional plumbers are available same day to assist residential and commercial customers in Anne Arundel County, Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Carroll County, Cecil County, Harford County, and Howard County. Our knowledgeable plumbers have years of experience dealing with a wide variety of plumbing issues including plumbing repairs, drain cleaning, water heaters, well systems, heating systems, sewer, water, and gas lines. We’re open 7 days a week with no extra charge on evenings or weekends!...

09/19/2022

Greg S.

We’ve used Len the Plumber in the past, and while they’ve been slightly overpriced, they’ve been reliable and effective. But after this week I’ll be taking my plumbing business elsewhere, and I would highly recommend that anyone else do the same. Several times over the past few weeks we’ve had issues with the sink and toilet in one bathroom. A little less than a month ago, a Len the Plumber tech had replaced the toilet in that bathroom (not for the same issue). On Friday I called Len the Plumber to have someone come out and take a look. The woman who answered the phone said she would have the same tech that had installed the toilet come out that afternoon between 2 and 5pm. At 2:41pm someone from Len the Plumber called. She said that unfortunately that tech wasn’t scheduled to work that day and the appointment shouldn’t have been made. She told me he could come out Sunday morning between 8 and 11am. At 8:43 Sunday morning, a woman from Len the Plumber called to say the tech would be out in 30-45 minutes. Eight minutes later she called back to say that no, he doesn’t have a snake, so she’ll have to send someone else later. I told her he wouldn’t need a snake, that it wasn’t clogged right now. She said she’d discuss with the tech and call me back. At 8:58am she called me back and said that it sounded like the P-trap was clogged, and the tech would need a snake. I asked why he didn’t have one with him (since he worked for a company called Len the Plumber) and why he couldn’t just swing by a hardware store and pick one up. She said the techs don’t always have snakes, and sometimes they break and need to be fixed. She said she could send someone else out later in the day. I told her that we wouldn’t be here later, and that we had made plans around the tech coming out this morning (after we had made plans around the tech coming out on Friday). She said she would try to get someone out during the same timeframe, within the next two hours. At 10:36am she called back and said that she could have a different tech come out in 30-60 minutes. I told her no, we had planned to be home based on the 8-11 timeframe that we’d been given, and that wouldn’t work. She said she was sorry, but they had emergencies. I canceled the appointment and will never be using Len the Plumber again. The fact that a plumbing company can schedule a call two days in advance for a technician to come out for a problem with a sink and toilet, and neither the tech nor the dispatcher realizes that the tech doesn’t have a snake with him (and for some reason he can’t just pick one up) speaks volumes about the company’s competency. Add to that the bungling of the initial appointment, and the fact that a Len the Plumber tech told me to my face that he has no way of knowing what model toilet he installed in my house without physically coming out to see it, and this is clearly a poorly-run company with an outdated and/or low-quality field service and dispatch system. There are many competent plumbing companies in the mid-Atlantic area. Len the Plumber is not one of them.

Description of Work
Inspect toilet and sink for bubbling/gurgling

07/27/2022

Jacki O.

I have been a customer of Len the Plumber for many years and have used their services 4-5 times in the past. I've never had any real problems. I've thought their prices are a bit high but they have usually been good when you need service right away. So I needed a simple faucet repair. I called them and they said they could come same day. They asked if I wanted a 11am-2pm window or 2pm-5pm. I chose the earlier so I could try to go into work after otherwise I thought the later time they might call me before that time frame and I'd have to leave work even earlier. So I waited. Around 12 I called to see if they had any approximate time so I could plan for work. They said no one was assigned yet. By then I assumed I'd hopefully be done by 2-2:30. My technician Aaron didn't arrive until 2:30. My day was done then since I knew I wouldn't get into work later. The technician came in and looked at my faucet. I explained it was just a minor repair. All I needed was the cartridge and o ring replaced. First he said I needed the unit replaced but I said I wasn't interested since it only 2-3 years old then he turned the knob and did nothing else. He told me he needed to go out and make an estimate. He came back and quoted $440. I told him that was crazy and what was the reasoning. He said it needed reconstruction. I told him I didn't want reconstruction just a simple repair. He said their jobs are set up in packages and that was the cost. There was no other explanation or even to show me justification for the estimate. He said he was a qualified technician and I wasn't. I told him I wasn't paying $440. He left without doing anything and I had a wasted day getting nothing accomplished. I totally believe he was price gouging and didn't want to do a service that wasn't going to cost very much. I will NEVER use Len the Plumber services ever again. And I am going to relate this story to everybody I know. And anyone that gets Aaron as your technician should be prepared for someone that doesn't listen to your concerns and is only there to get as much money from you as they can

Description of Work
faucet repair

07/21/2022

Lisa H.

We had Len clean our kitchen pipes a couple years ago for $280. Sink was backing up lately so had them come out. The woman said over $500! She said she'd apply the $80off coupon AND $60 off, but then later said she couldn't do the 60. She said gurgling sounds are from roof pipe (which they don't clean). Instead of throwing away the visit fee, we agreed. She cleaned the pipe under the kitchen in the basement and said it looked like dog food and vomit poured out. We don't eat meat, our little dog eats ALL his food (it's never IN the sink) & any vomit is NOT done in the sink! She made my mom feel like a liar. The invoice also says 80 AND 60 off but the 60 wasn't applied. We paid for the 1st 90 minutes of work but she only took 30 mins and didn't even bother to clean the pipes UNDER the kitchen sink or the trap. Everywhere online it says average is $100-300. Not only was my mom basically called a liar, but the price was steep and the woman coulda at least cleaned ALL the pipes there. When my mom said she bathed our little dog in the sink today, the woman put on the invoice that we bathed the dog yesterday and then the clog started. That is NOT accurate at ALL. Plus we use a strainer in the sink and put a towel IN the sink so NO hair got in the drain from a non-shedding dog bath. Will never use them again.

Description of Work
Rude, accused us of things & high prices!

Category drain cleaning

06/26/2022

David G.

A shout-out for good customer relations. My kitchen sink was clogged, and I made an appointment for the next day. The plumber used a snake to clear the drain, and confirmed that the sink and garbage disposer worked. After he left, I needed to clean the sink, and used a stainless steel spray cleaner. The spray nozzle broke, and a small plastic piece fell down the garbage disposal. I called to make an new appointment, and made it clear that the repair had been fine, and the follow-up was not the plumber's fault; it was something I had done. The customer service representative said that they would probably waive the trip fee (a minimum charge for sending a plumber out, which is normally waived if the plumber does a paid service). The appointment was set up first thing the next morning, and it turned out to be simple; the plumber could see the plastic piece and pull it out, and the disposal did not need any repair. I asked about payment, and the plumber confirmed that there would be no fee.

Description of Work
Fix clogged kitchen sink

04/01/2022

Mary K.

They quoted me one price and was charged more. The sink water doesn't shut off when you turn the faucet until a few seconds later. I called and they said a manager would call and they never did

Description of Work
Sink and facets replaced

01/05/2022

Agi K.

On the positive side, the plumber himself (Mr. Ralte) was great. He was courteous, efficient, competent and friendly, and he cleaned everything up nicely. If I were just giving a rating for him I would give 5 stars. Unfortunately, I can't do that for the company overall. My biggest complaint is that the $591 charge for a simple 25 foot snaking of the drain seems exorbitant. I'm actually annoyed with myself now that I agreed to it, but I had already waited 3 days to be able to use my sink and it was too late afternoon for me to get anyone else out that day. In fact, they started with an estimate of $900 (not based on any detailed inspection, just on the fact that neither the sink nor the dishwasher would drain). I actually had the feeling that Mr. Ralte was a bit embarrassed about this estimate, because when I pushed back he immediately offered to try to get me a discount. He went out to his truck for a few minutes, came back and said they had agreed to come down to $591. This seemed like a very arbitrary amount, perhaps aimed at making me feel like at least it was under $600. Still, I was so sick and tired of waiting that I agreed to this, even though I regret it now. The whole visit took slightly over 1 hour, and it turned out that all he really had to do was detach the pipe from the wall, use the regular snake (not even the "super snake") for about 15 minutes, and re-attach the pipe. Then he poured a bottle of (my) bleach down the drain and it was done. Aside from the cost, my first appointment (Sunday 2-5 PM) was a no-show (I got a call 4:45 to say no one would be coming -- too late to try to find someone else). I know this happens sometimes, and (even though it had been predicted), it's not their fault that we had 7 inches of snow overnight so they couldn't come on Monday. But I had to call them on Tuesday morning to confirm that I was on their schedule (11 AM-2 PM), and then called again at 3 PM, only to be told that they hoped they could get someone there that day. After I protested about this, they finally agreed to send someone right over and Mr. Ralte showed up about 45 minutes later. I would rather not have said I would not hire them again, since I don't like to burn bridges, but the review form forces you to choose either Yes or No, and I'm really not inclined to say Yes...

Description of Work
unclog a kitchen drain

11/18/2021

Gayle W.

He did a very good job, very professional and price was fair, it was very important. I got my moneys worth.

Description of Work
Sump Pump Replacement

09/02/2021

Tina S.

The company failed to come on the first scheduled visit (2:00-5:00pm). After numerous calls they scheduled for the next morning window. The first thing the plumber say was that I probably needed a new garbage disposal, even though this one is working perfectly. When I said no, he then presented an outrageous estimate. He wanted $824.00 to snake a simple kitchen sink drain. This is highway robbery. After he saw my indignation he quickly said he could do it for $500.00. I then promptly showed this dishonest man to the front door. Truly disappointing experience.

Description of Work
Clogged kitchen sink

Category appliance repair, drain cleaning

06/30/2021

Nancy R.

Keasia did an amazing job of repairing the leak under my kitchen sink. She replaced the garbage disposal, offered me options, provided a discount and tested all when completed. I will definitely use Len the Plumber again and request Keasia. A++ for an excellent job!!

Description of Work
replacement of garbage disposal

03/02/2021

Shirley C.

They were excellent. I enjoyed them coming in and doing the work for me.

Description of Work
Installed shower, repaired faucets

01/02/2021

Kristin M.

We have used Len The Plumber, Baltimore location, two times so far. Both of the times were due to emergencies. Len The Plumber was fast, professional, and got the work done quickly. They are the only plumbing company we will use for our needs. Thank you so much to you and your staff.

Description of Work
New toilet installed and plumbing repaired.

12/11/2020

GREGORY P.

The positive : Came out same day as call. As advertised Good news. The negative: Didn't quote a price up front. Was here about 2 hours at most. Very little material used. Ready for this .......... I was CHARGED $850.00. i know plumbers are notoriously high but this is a gouging . GET YOUR UP FRONT !!!!!!!!!!!!! UPDATE AS OF 12/14/2020: Called about getting an itemized receipt for the work done. Explained that I thought that I was over-charged ($850.00)for the 2 hours he was here. Was told that it would take 7-10 days and that Len the Plumber doesn't charge by the hour ? So ... just whatever they want ???

Description of Work
Powder remodel. Remove toilet and disconnect sink(vanity).. Cap everything off until reinstall. Replaced water filter in basement. I supplied the filter.

Category plumbing, home remodeling

10/28/2020

Ronald W.

They were great, everyone was courteous, they really really did best work, I will recommend them to anybody. They make everything clean before they leave. They were enjoyable to work with.

Description of Work
Toilet installation and plumbing service

09/25/2020

Tanya W.

This company is BS!!! They do NOT drug test their drivers!!! I know one for a fact that forces himself to stay up for several days by taking the narcotic adderal that he is NOT prescribed while driving a Len truck up and down the highway all day every day endangering the safety and lives of innocent people and after reporting it to the head managers of the company they actually had the balls and nerve to give him a .75 raise!! Who does that? Since my warning meant nothing to them it’s ... OSHA time!!!!!! Before someone is seriously hurt!! He already has a tremendous anger problem along with road rage and make sure you give him a warm welcome into your home while he’s angry and delirious!

Description of Work
Would never let them touch anything I own!!!

Category plumbing, accountant

08/02/2020

Peter P.

They CANCELLED on us TWICE on the same day. Waited from 8:30am to 12...they called and pushed us back from 2pm to 5pm. They called at 4:15pm to cancel a 2nd time! No More LEN for us!

Description of Work
Leak in 2nd Story Bathroom - pouring down onto 1st Floor

07/16/2020

Brennan H.

This company promises emergency repair service 7 days a week. I called one afternoon as water gushed out of a pipe in our basement and was told: no emergency service was available that day. So... don't waste the energy in your fingers dialing them. Roto-Rooter came immediately.

Description of Work
Burst pipe

06/01/2020

SOMMER G.

The woman who answered the phone was frazzled and seemed like I was bothering her by calling. If it wasn't after hours for an emergency repair I wouldn't even have made an appointment based on that impression. However it was, so she did take my info and we made an appointment, but in fact, no one actually showed up, nor did they call. Definitely never attempting to use this company again.

Description of Work
Leak repaired

Category plumbing, accountant

05/12/2020

Colt P.

This was one of the worst experiences I ever dealt with a "professional" services provider. They came in to snake and unclog my toilet. They ended up charging me $661 for a half hour of work. When they left, they had pulled up sewage and feces all over my bathroom floor and left it there! I eventually had to get a restoration company to come in and fix what they had left. If anyone would like to contact me for images of my nightmare, please feel free. DO NOT USE!

Description of Work
Needed up unclog a toilet

Category accountant, drain cleaning

04/10/2020

Roberta G.

Will not use this company again. We called to have the kitchen sink faucet repaired in our rental unit. They initially said they would come between 2 and 5 that day. At 630pm that night still hadn't shown up so our tenants called and they could not give us an estimated arrival time. We rescheduled for the next day. Annoying but we realize they are probably busy and short staffed with the pandemic so could understand. What I do not understand though is they failed to give us a quote before completing the work. Turns out the faucet was not broken but simply needed the head to be reattached to the pull out hose. They charged us $200 to reattached the faucet hose. More than the cost of a new faucet. If they had quoted a price before doing the work as promised we would't have done the work given the high price.

Description of Work
Repair broken sink faucet

Category plumbing

We understand how disappointing it can be when your expectations are not met. We take feedback very seriously and would like for you to share more details with us. Could you please send us [Member Information Removed] direct message with the address of the work provided as well as the work order number? Thank you and we look forward to resolving this issue.

12/19/2019

Dan N.

They cleared the issue and insisted that we need to replace the toilet on the first visit, but the cameraman was not available until the next business day to assess the sewer lines that they had cleaned out. The cost of this portion of the service was approximately $1400. The cameraman who came on the second day told us that the entire sewer line needed to be replaced due to excessive rust, wear and asbestos pipe and quoted a minimum cost of $6800 for the exterior work alone to a depth of 9 feet, and nearly $14000 to replace the entire line EXCLUDING replacing the concrete that would have to be dug up. I'm SO GRATEFUL we got a second opinion and discovered that there was NOTHING WRONG with the sewer line that ran no deeper than 5' at its lowest point. I strongly caution others to avoid Len the Plumber at all cost - or at very least get a second opinion. I am so upset at this that I intend to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau as well.

Description of Work
Address a backed up sewer in my home

Category plumbing, drain pipe, drain cleaning

11/04/2019

Carolyn T.

He did a very good job. Took care of everything.

Description of Work
Plumbing, Kitchen faucet. cleared blockage

Eugenia S.

He arrived on time for appointment; performed quickly and price was reasonable. Would hire again.

Description of Work
Plumbing inspection

Category plumbing

Thank you for your review [Member Name Removed]! We are happy to hear you were pleased with your plumbing service.

Carole C.

It went very well. He showed up on time and was efficient and helpful and solved my plumbing problem.

Description of Work
Plumbing

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

We're glad we could be of assistance. Thank you for leaving your feedback!

kaneel W.

Went well, plumber was professional and very helpful. Gave me advice on how to fix the problem and waived the service fee.

Description of Work
Plumbing

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

07/02/2019

Bill B.

Roots were not removed as evidenced by video from camera put in the sewer line the following day. Company sent another technician to clear the roots but would not video the line again, so I have no way to know if the roots were really removed. I asked for a refund and was told that drain work is an ‘attempt’ and not guaranteed and that this was documented in my receipt. However, I was never told this before the work was done and I paid for the service. The technicians that came to do they work never indicated that the roots may not be removed or that the work was not guaranteed.

Description of Work
Removal of Roots from Sewer Line

Category sewer cleaning

Jag Tax Management

JAG Tax Solutions has 35 years in the tax industry. We settle your tax debt for the least possible amount and gets you back on track with the IRS and State so levies and garnishments don't interfere with your life. We're #1 at getting the best resolutions, whether it be back taxes, payroll, non-filed, you name it, we handle it. So stop stressing and call now.

Elmar Services

Elmar Services., an independent and family-owned heating and air conditioning business, has been serving residential and commercial customers for over a decade. We have made it our mission to treat customers as family, making sure they feel comfortable from the first impression to the end of service while maintaining a high level of excellence and professionalism. All of the equipment we use and recommend is certified to be of exceptional quality. Additionally, we constantly strive to stay competitive with our prices while serving you with the utmost quality. In an emergency, Elmar Services will make sure you and your family are taken care of. And since a major portion of our business comes from referrals, our continued success is a reflection of our commitment to our customers. We are also a proud member of DuctlessAmerica.com, a one stop shop for ductless products.

Clarksville Heating & Air

Since 1999, Clarksville Heating & Air has earned the trust of residential and commercial customers by delivering complete indoor comfort solutions to Howard County and the Baltimore-Washington corridor. Clarksville Heating and Air, LLC. was born of the combination with Merit Air, widely known in Howard, Carroll, Baltimore, and Anne Arundel, Montgomery, and Prince George's counties as a personal, honest, reliable and technically proficient HVAC service provider for over 20 years. Our expertise in establishing and maintaining indoor comfort led to the 2017 rebranding of Clarksville Heating and Air as Charles Minnick retired. Merit Air merged with Clarksville Heating and Air, owned by Adam August and Mike Rackers. Collectively, Adam and Mike have over 40 years of heating and air conditioning and business experience with a focus on building trust. We're here for you seven days a week improving life and comfort! We have the experience and expertise of the large regional & national HVAC companies, with the personal touch of a small customer-friendly full service comfort provider. Clarksville Heating & Air strives to establish a relationship with our customers that will last a lifetime! We put customers first.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Len The Plumber, LLC.

How is Len The Plumber, LLC. overall rated?

Len The Plumber, LLC. is currently rated 4.4 overall out of 5.

What days are Len The Plumber, LLC. open?

Len The Plumber, LLC. is open:

Thursday: Open All Day

Friday: Open All Day

Saturday: Open All Day

What payment options does Len The Plumber, LLC. provide

Len The Plumber, LLC. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Does Len The Plumber, LLC. offer free estimates?

No, Len The Plumber, LLC. does not offer free project estimates.

Does Len The Plumber, LLC. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, Len The Plumber, LLC. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Len The Plumber, LLC. offer emergency services?

Yes, Len The Plumber, LLC. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Len The Plumber, LLC.?

Yes, Len The Plumber, LLC. offers warranties.

What services does Len The Plumber, LLC. offer?

Len The Plumber, LLC. offers the following services: Plumbing, Fixtures, Drains, Water & Sewer Line Repairs & Replacements, Faucets, Toilets, Water Heaters, Sump Pumps, Laundry Tubs, Sinks, Drain Cleaning, Wells & Heating.