Hands On Painters Inc

Founded 1997 • With Angi since July 2005

Hands On Painters, Inc., one of Maryland’s most trusted privately owned painting service providers with over 20 years in the business. We are owner-operated and offer year round painting with professional full-time painters (no subcontractors). You will receive a flat rate estimate with a common

2022 Super Service Award

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

Catonsville Middle School Mural Project

muralist

202121228
Hands on Painters was happy to team up with Sherwin Williams to sponsor this recently completed Catonsville Middle School mural! See the process by CMS's own talented artist Eric Volkmann.
View project

interior painting (641)drywall (251)house painting (156)plastering (72)pressure washing (39)wallpaper removal (21)cabinet refacing (6)handyman (105)woodworking (64)deck cleaning (28)general contractors (21)water damage restoration (20)

02/24/2022

Latia S.

I needed some interior painting done and I had a great experience working with Gale, Brandon, and crew. Everything looks great! Would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Interior Painting

Work Completed On 02/17/2022

Thank you so much! It was a pleasure working with you!

01/06/2022

Fred R.

Great, showed up on time. Left the rooms very clean, you wouldn't know they had painted.

Description of Work
Paint master bedroom and bath

Category plastering, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/06/2022

Thanks for sharing [Member Name Removed]!

11/18/2021

Dorothy C.

They did a very very good job and a very great service.

Description of Work
Interior Painting

Work Completed On 10/22/2015

Thanks for sharing!

08/03/2021

SUZANNE D.

It was excellent and very professional.

Description of Work
They painted the interior of our home.

Work Completed On 08/03/2019

Thanks for sharing!

06/15/2021

Meg G.

The 2 man crew from HOP did a great job. From start to finish took about 4 days. David built my window trim and did a base coat of paint on the first day, next Rich built my closet header and began installing my outlets and TV mount. When the new drywall was dry, he installed my closet doors. He took the time to remove the old floor track and readjusted my carpet to it looked more attractive. He also helped us fix another door that didn't close properly. He really is a door expert, so if you are having trouble with a door opening or closing, Rich is your guy. When he wrapped up, David returned and painted all the new construction, painted my ceiling and the trim. He went the extra mile to paint my bedroom door which was a slightly different color than the closet. He also painted the inside of the newly installed header. His attention to detail was really appreciated. These guys were prompt, professional and very good at their jobs. Also friendly and went out of their way to make us happy. I would hire them again in a heart beat!!

Description of Work
Window trim installed and painted, electrical outlets and tv wall mount installed. New closet doors installed with new header. Ceiling painted.

Category contractors, closet systems, drywall, electrician, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/17/2021

Review for Hands On Painters Inc - 4503 Leeds Ave, Baltimore, MD - 39371121

Thanks for the recommendation!

06/07/2021

EJ W.

Very professional job. Have had HOP do many paint jobs for us in the past. Have recommended to several friends. Reasonable price, quality work. Have hired them to do small molding and trim work. Very nicely done.

Description of Work
Paint small bathroom and bedroom

Category contractors, drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/14/2021

Thank you for your comments! We appreciate the referrals and we look forward to hearing from you for your next project!

06/02/2021

Patricia R.

Wonderful work! Drywall repair was phenomenal! Very happy with their work and will definitely rehire. Prompt, fast, and professional.

Description of Work
Outside painting - fence, deck; deck repair, interior painting, drywall repair

Category handyman service, deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/12/2021

Thank you for recognizing us! It was a pleasure working with you. The Hands on Painters Team

12/14/2020

Margaret F.

I am so pleased with the excellent results of my painting project provided by Hands On Painters. The entire team at Hands On Painters is courteous, professional, and responsive. Alex, project scheduler, was able to accommodate a very tight time table to complete the entire interior and exterior painting project for my house. Gale, office manager, always kept me informed on progress and answered all my questions as I was not able to be present on site. The painting team led by Naun arrived at my house on time and worked steadily and efficiently. The workmanship and care the painters have shown in protecting all the services as they painted is exemplary. I am receiving so many compliments on the colors and how expertly they were applied. My project was completed beautifully and in record time! I highly recommend Hands On Painters for any of your painting project needs. Their responsiveness, timeliness, and attention to detail in workmanship will give you the confidence in a company that is reliable, trustworthy, and true to its mission of producing a high quality service.

Description of Work
Complete home interior and exterior painting

Work Completed On 12/07/2020

Thank you for leaving us a glowing review! We're so glad that we could assist you!

12/12/2020

Anditria D.

I was very impressed and pleased with the entire experience. Our walls were opened to replace a watermain pipe shortly after DPW repaired a watermain break outside our house. I emailed pictures of the holes to get a general idea of the cost. Brandon, my project manager came out to inspect in person. He said the amount of work required is more than the 16 hour/$800 coupon covered. I was ok with that because there were holes on the wall and ceiling. We also needed an access panel added to turn on/off the outside waterline to our garden hose. Gale, the office manager emailed the total-cost contract. I accepted and mailed signed contract and check for 1/3 the total. After my check was received Gale called to set up a 2-day repair date. I asked if the project could be completed in time for Thanksgiving because my mom is elderly and sickly. Gale was very compassionate and went out of her way to ensure it was completed in time. The two guys who did the work were friendly, professional and on time both days. The work was so well done I had to tell my family on Thanksgiving that the holes were fixed. They were jaw-dropping amazed at the work and the matching paint, as if the holes never happened.

Description of Work
Drywall holes needed to be sealed in kitchen and bathroom

Category contractors, drywall, handyman service, plastering, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/12/2020

Thank you for your thoughtfulness in leaving us a glowing review! And please let us know if we can assist you in the future! Hands on Painters (410) 242-1737

06/02/2020

george P.

don't know they collected a deposit but have not performed work Ordered the job 6 weeks ago. Can't get them to commit to a start date. Office does respond to emails within a day in most cases but only when I initiate contact. To be fair Hands on Painters was the only company of the 3 that even bothered to inquire

Description of Work
painting outside shed and building a ramp

Category handyman service, house painters

Work Completed On 05/27/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thanks for the comments. Hands On Painters Inc has been working hard to get painters to jobs. Our operations has been hit very hard by COVID19 issues. From off site office communications, illness, elderly care, access to supplies, to daycare for employees with schools not being open...Luckily we are coming around and our new normal is feeling better every day !... I know 6 weeks is a long time to wait on having your shed painted. Hope you are safe and healthy . Jonathan Zawacki owner

05/18/2020

Eric L.

Once again Hands On Painters did a great job taking care of small projects with quick & professional results. Thanks!!

Description of Work
Fix leak by window; Repair and repaint wall; Replace ceiling fan

Category handyman service, plastering, interior painters, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 05/08/2020

Thank you for recognizing us! We appreciate it and look forward to hearing from you for your next project!

04/10/2020

Brenda K.

Very well! This was the third time I hired Hands on Painters, and as before, I was not disappointed. The estimator, Derrick, came on time as scheduled and listened to what I wanted done. He also gave a few suggestions that, in the end, were really good suggestions. His estimate was accurate with the final cost and very fair. He had also guessed it would take 2-3 days to complete the job and that is what it took. Each day, the three painters came on time and started working right away. The most important thing – the rooms they painted (the living and dining rooms, two other rooms’ ceilings, as well as outside parts of the house) looked great! Professional, as you would hope, and they did a nice job cleaning up when they were done. I would definitely hire Hands on Painters again and I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
I needed my living room and dining rooms painted, two other rooms' ceilings, as well as parts of the outside of my house.

Work Completed On 03/23/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thanks for the review, we hope your safe and healthy during these Covid times. Jonathan

03/16/2020

thomas K.

The crew did excellent work. They were considerate and highly skilled in completing the work in a timely manner. The work was of high quality and worth the price we paid.

Description of Work
Painting a bathroom & stairwell

Work Completed On 03/16/2020

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate that you took the time to leave us an outstanding review. It was our pleasure working with you and we look forward to hearing from you for your next project! The Hands on Painters Team

03/03/2020

Beatrice K.

They did a good job, I was happy with it and they have have a fair price too.

Description of Work
They did an interior painting.

Work Completed On 01/03/2020

Thanks!

10/16/2019

Joya F.

Very happy with the advance notice, the planning process, and the work completed. Easy communication with email, phone and in person. The crew was efficient, hard-working, and respectful.

Description of Work
New front door installed and painted, 4 bedrooms painted, hallways painted and patched, Outside fence gate repaired (and now it works!).

Category handyman service, plastering, water damage restoration, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/16/2019

Thanks so much for the feedback! Glad we could help you with your project!!

08/14/2019

Patricia J.

Patch boys was here on time. They explained how much the job would cost me and how long the job would take. They did an excellent job. They cleaned up after themselves all three days that they were here

Description of Work
I had plaster and drywall done

Category drywall, plastering, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/14/2019

Happy to help with your project. Thanks for the kind words!

07/22/2019

Lois J.

It was great, and it was wonderful, they are polite, did a great job, cleaned up and they are very professional. I would recommend them to somebody else.

Description of Work
They did a lot of interior painting in my house.

Work Completed On 07/22/2019

Thank you so much! Appreciate your recommendation!

06/23/2019

Kelly G.

This the second time I’ve used Hands on Painters for work on my townhouse. We had to wait for Mother Nature to cooperate with the weather since it was exterior but it was worth it. Once again I’m pleased with the quality of work that Jonathan and his entire staff provide. You can always contact them with questions and they are great to work with. The quality is worth the value.

Description of Work
Exterior painting and repairs for deck, fence and door frame.

Category deck cleaning, house painters

Thank you for your patience. Always a pleasure to work on your home! Thanks for the vote of confidence!

06/19/2019

rodger M.

Hands on Painters did a fantastic job painting my living rooms and bedrooms. The price was reasonable and the work was quality. I would definitely recommend

Description of Work
Inside house Painting

Work Completed On 06/19/2019

Thanks so much for the kind words! Glad you are happy with your rooms!

05/11/2019

Lisa L.

This is not my first time using Hands on Painters. The project itself went great with no issues and I was 100% satisfied. Unfortunately, due to Mother Nature and rain, it took awhile to get the fence stained, but the inside job was very quick. There prices may be a little high, but you get what you pay for and I’m always happy with the final outcome. I wouldn’t use anyone else. Thank you Hands on Painters!

Description of Work
Fence stained and ceiling and walls repaired and painted.

Work Completed On 05/10/2019

As always, thanks for your kind words and continued business!

05/10/2019

Marilyn H.

Excellent work. Very respectful of our home.

Description of Work
Interior painting

Work Completed On 05/09/2019

Our pleasure to help!

05/07/2019

Sara L.

Painters were professional, respectful, and easy to work with. My house looks amazing! They were in my house 6 full days and were awesome! Great job! Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Painted entire house

Work Completed On 05/07/2019