Cox Roofing

Maryland
Maryland: General

7606 Eastern Ave

Baltimore, MD 21224

Cox Roofing is a division of BLC Construction Enterprises, Inc. A full-service, certified roofing contractor with over 30 years experience serving the residential and commercial roofing needs to the residents and businesses of the state of Maryland. We pride ourselves on our personalized service which transforms your property into the residence or business of your dreams. Our attention to detail and outstanding customer service is what separates us from our competition. We fully stand behind our work and pride ourselves on your overall satisfaction....

roofing (69)gutter repair (10)door installation (4)siding companies (2)home remodeling (1)plumbers (1)

03/13/2021

John V.

Work done timely and professionally. I had one follow up issue that was quickly addressed as well without any problems. Perhaps a little more expensive than some other companies, but certainly quality work.

Description of Work
Roof shingles and gutters, downspouts

Work Completed On 12/23/2020

08/13/2020

VIGDIS J.

Robert Schroeder was very knowledgeable and pointed out possible problem areas. I appreciated some general home maintenance tips also. However, compared to other views and estimates, we opted to go for a lesser solution and were successful with that.

Description of Work
We had a leak with unknown origins

Work Completed On 08/13/2020

11/13/2019

Casandra N.

Project completed quickly and crew was very thorough. They paid attention to even the fine details. I needed extensive work not just a simple tear off/replace, price was better than 5 other bids and included more. Project estimator and office staff were friendly and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 10/29/2019

01/07/2019

Frederick D.

We hired Cox to repair/replace the both sides of the church's pitch roof at Our Lady of Hope Church in Dundalk. They took off the old roof, added plywood, new cloth and shingles. We are talking about a roof that is 1000's of square feet! The job was done within the allotted time. The clean-up was superb! The price was 17% below the closest bid price. A most excellent result from a fantastic company.

Description of Work
New Church roof

Work Completed On 10/25/2018

12/05/2018

Eugene W.

On time, great work and excellent clean-up. Office staff top notch and owner very helpful with insurance company.

Description of Work
New roof and removal of old satellite and tv antennae.

Work Completed On 11/17/2018

11/13/2018

Terry O.

I was mostly satisfied with the roofing job. It was completed in one day and it has stopped the leaking issues that I previously had. The only issues that I had was that the cleanup of the old roofing was not as complete as I would have liked. They did a fairly good job of cleaning the front of the house where the bulk of the old roofing material was, but they neglected the rear of the house where there was residual material not removed. I had to clean the backyard. The only other thing worth mentioning is that the there was an additional cost of replacing some of the wood decking that I did not find out about until they requested the final payment. I would have appreciated learning of this at the time that they were doing this so that I would not have been surprised by the increased costs.

Description of Work
Replacing the roof.

Work Completed On 11/13/2018

10/02/2018

Tim E.

New gutter install im back of building. Would have them come back to performed work. The cost of a dry roof and walls is priceless. Good workmanship cost bit well worth the prices. A+ service

Description of Work
In stall new gutters

Work Completed On 10/02/2018

08/27/2018

TERRY C.

Chris is a real professional. He was very helpful and took his time explaining my options. I had to call several times with questions, and he was always helpful, even when he was in the field. The workers had to squeeze the Jon between the rains, which was s real challenge. They completed the entire roof in less than 8 hours and left no mess. I can definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Replaced roof

Work Completed On 07/18/2018

08/19/2018

Laura K.

It took a couple of weeks to get an estimator out to look out our roof. During that time, my husband covered the roof with a tarp to prevent further leaking. The estimator never removed the tarp to actually examine the roof. Instead, he wrote a quote to repair parts of the roof and said his team would adjust the work and pricing when they came to do the work. He required us to pay 1/3 of the proposal as a down payment. And then, nothing happened. No one called us to schedule service. After a few days I called to inquire about the schedule and both the office manager and the schedule were rude- indignant even- that I would inquire about scheduling when “it was so rainy outside”. They eventually asked me to call back the next afternoon to get a scheduled date. When I called back as instructed, the office was closed. Eventually we were scheduled and then rescheduled. It took several more weeks to obtain service. We were told the repairperson would call before arriving at our house but they did not. I came home to find some men on our roof. My husband said they told him they could not find any damaged roof and he told them we had a leak and sent them back up. Shortly thereafter, we went outside and they were gone, with no communication to us whatsoever. I called the office and got the same indignant woman who answered the phone before. She said “there were no shingles to be repaired” and “we never go speak with our customers after completing a job”. Why would I hire someone to repair a roof if nothing was wrong with it? And why would you charge me for that? I insisted there was a leak and she eventually agreed to send someone back the next day to pour water on the roof and ensure the leak was repaired. The man who came back was very nice. He used the hose on the roof and showed us where he added caulk around the window and some nail heads. It hasn’t rained since last week so we do not know if the problem is ultimately fixed.

Description of Work
We had a leak in our living room ceiling and hired Cox Roofing to find the roof leak and repair it.

Work Completed On 08/16/2018

07/20/2018

Brandy F.

IT WAS HORRIBLE HOME DEPOT CONTRACTED COX ROOFING NOV,2016 TO DO MY ROOF AND MARCH 2018 THE WHOLE ROOF HAD TO BE REPLACED AND THE SORRY JOB THEY DONE ALSO CAUSED DAMAGE TO THE INSIDE OF MY HOUSE CAUSING MY CEILING TO COLLAPSE IN ONE OF MY BEDROOMS AND NOW THEY DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR DAMAGES DO I WOULDN'T REFER THEM TO ANYONE FRIEND OR ENEMY

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Review for Cox Roofing - 7606 Eastern Ave, Baltimore, MD - 37255424

I am terribly sorry that you had such a bad experience with Home Depot. Unfortunately when we are not the prime contractor everything must go thru Home Depot. This roof was installed approximately 2 years ago. When all the storm damage happened in March of 2018 Home depot asked us to install an emergency tarp which we did the very next day. At that time we advised Home Depot what needed to be done (all of our correspondence must go to them). We are unaware of how the storm damage was addressed from that point on. We pride ourselves on customer service here at Cox Roofing and unfortunately in this situation we were not able to control the process because your contact was not with us. Best Wishes From Cox Roofing Team

07/13/2018

Marcia T.

Very good service from office staff through completion of job which included removal of existing flat roof, replacement of rotted boards, installation of new roof and replacement of gutter. Completed 5/2018

Description of Work
Replaced flat roof and gutter

Work Completed On 05/02/2018

07/03/2018

Marcia T.

Flat roof and gutter was damaged during the March 2-3, 2018 wind/rain storm. Workers were on time, courteous and efficient; worked 12 hrs to remove existing material & add new to complete job in one day. Clean up was done well. Someone even came back days later when I called about needing a small soffit repair; repaired; no charge. After all the rain we've had this spring; no leaks. Everyone beginning with office staff to completion of all work was very pleasant.

Description of Work
flat roof and gutter replaced in Annapolis, MD

Work Completed On 05/01/2018

06/19/2018

Cynthia N.

I did not have the work done by Cox. They inflated the actual footage of my roof by almost 1,000 square feet. I had several estimates and theirs was 2,400 square feet, others were 1,950, 1,600 and 1,400. The last estimate was given by actual measurements and not solely on the software that the three other companies stated they used. I was also given misinformation about a different company by the Cox representative.

Description of Work
roof replacement

Work Completed On 06/19/2018

01/10/2018

Donna W.

Very well. Competitive pricing, good workmanship

Description of Work
Roof replacement, installed vent ridge, removed old roofing materials

Work Completed On 11/16/2017

Thank you for the Great Review!!! Please keep us in mind for any future work. It was a pleasure doing business with you.

11/16/2017

Cherby W.

Awesome Job! The workers were prompt and did such a great job that I had the roof replaced at a separate residence (cost more)! It has rained 2X and the leaks are gone! I am so very satisfied!

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Work Completed On 11/03/2017

It was a pleasure doing business with you. Thank You for the Great Review.

09/21/2017

Treya C.

Rick was prompt, friendly and professional during our consultation. The consultation and project were scheduled and completed very quickly and they did an amazing job! I would definitely recommend Cox Roofing to anyone needing to repair their roof.

Description of Work
Our roof had been neglected for over 25 years. We needed a total roof replacement.

Work Completed On 09/13/2017

09/11/2017

James A.

Everyone (estimator to work team) showed up when they said they would and completed the work as described on time. Any questions I had were answered promptly by the work crew and office staff. Cox was very easy to work with.

Description of Work
Inspected and then replaced a flat roof on a house.

Work Completed On 09/11/2017

07/28/2017

Kevin T.

Very well. They arrived on a Saturday morning and by the evening, were about 70% done. Hoped to finish up Sunday and got almost finished but had to quit for the day because whoever ordered the shingles did not order enough. So they came back on Monday and finished it up in a few hours. The results were excellent. The roof looked great both in color (my wife picked out the burnt orange color) and style. Overall an excellent job. After completion of the roof, they spread out and started cleanup (nails, with a large magnet, tarpaper and shingles with a rake). After they left we took a close look at the roof and the yard, and were very happy with the results.

Description of Work
The roof on our house needed replacing.

Work Completed On 07/15/2017

07/26/2017

Patrick F.

Everything went quickly and turned out looking great. They were also responsive to changes effectively and in a timely manner.

Description of Work
We had three projects: roof replacement on a 5,000 sq.ft. house, roof and skylight replacement on a screened in porch, and soffit removal and beam wrapping inside the screened in porch.

Category remodeling, roofing

Work Completed On 07/18/2017

07/19/2017

William K.

As well as I could hope, I should probably go up and take a look soon.

Description of Work
I had to replace a whirly bird vent that flew off in a storm, they re-shingled the area, removed a satellite dish and installed a ridge vent

06/03/2017

William M.

Not able to follow through right away. Still pending

Description of Work
Roof repair

Work Completed On 06/03/2017

06/01/2017

Eileen L.

Everything went well. They were quick efficient with getting all the work done.

Description of Work
Needed some repair work done to the roof our rowhouse in order to fix some ponding. Involved moving the A/C unit and putting it back. Also needed some siding replaced.

Category roofing, siding

Work Completed On 06/01/2017

04/09/2017

Meredith T.

I love this company! They always answer when I call and immediately schedule me - unlike other roofing companies who will either “call me back” (and never do) or just never answer their phone. I’ve used them twice - once to repair a siding issue and another time to replace my flat roof. The estimator (Rick) is always on time, professional, patient and nice. Both jobs I didn’t even have to be home for them to do the work. They took pictures of the work done and emailed them to me. This is my roofing company for life!

Description of Work
New flat roof