BUSY BEE CONTRACTORS

Founded 1976 • With Angi since July 2007

4913 GREENCREST RD

Baltimore, MD 21206

Hello my name is Tad Leszczar. I first started helping my father with the home improvement jobs that he did in the evenings and the weekends, we installed a lot of ceiling tiles and paneling. When I was 16 years old I worked as a carpenter during my summer break from high school. After college I

02/10/2015

Crystal M.

He was horrible. He came out for the estimate with no tape measure, no clip board and no place to write on. He didn't seem like he's got his stuff together. I felt like he had some issues with alcohol. We told him what was involved so he comes and I show him around and he pulls out a piece of paper and a pencil from his pocket and he was scribbling down notes. When I took him outside to look at the shed, he wouldn't walk over to the shed. He told me he could see it from where he was standing. I thought that was odd because I didn't know how he could be able to get an estimate if he didn't physically go over and look at it. When I told him to help me with the concrete planter, he told me that was something simple I could do. That I should go and buy a five pound jack hammer and then break it up. He was pretty quick to call back when we contacted him and he was on time to show up.

Description of Work
I used BezzBee. He came out because of an estimate on the items I had listed before, sewing, closet doors, fixing our shed, finishing our bathroom and fixing our spring board. He was also supposed to remove a concrete planter that needs to be broken up and taken off our property. He never gave us an estimate.

Category handyman service

I do not have an issue with alcohol, tried it when I was a teenager, did not like it and I have stayed away from it, I am now 64 years old. In over forty years in business I have learned who NOT to do business with. The homeowner has some issues that I will not write about.

08/08/2014

Sharon F.

Tad has my phone number, address and email address. After one week had passed and I did not receive the email estimate as was agreed upon, I called and spoke to him. He said he was going to catch up over the weekend and I should have it then. It is now exactly one month and I have had no communication from Tad or anyone else at Busy Bee. It is totally unprofessional to waste my time of meeting with him at my house to go over my project and then waiting for him to give me an estimate. Zero communication from him mean zero work from me now and in the future.

Description of Work
Tad L., owner of Busy Busy Contractors, scheduled an appointment to talk to me about my project of building custom, floor to ceiling, bookshelves on all four walls in one room of my house. He arrived at the time and date agreed upon, took measurements, we chatted about boooks, about types of wood and about work in general. He told me he was not busy at the moment, so the turnaround time for the job would be quick once I approved the estimate and selected a start date. Then, I never heard from him again.

Category handyman service

A contractors life is very busy, there is never enough time to do everything, some stuff falls through the cracks. Sorry.

05/05/2014

Caroline I.

It went well. They ere prompt and the job was well done. They wanted to argue a little about what should be caulked but quickly changed their position and did the job just as we had asked.

Description of Work
toilet installation and re-caulking around shower surrounds

11/15/2013

Inell C.

I left a message with the wife, and she said she would have him call me. An entire week later, I have still yet to hear from them.

Description of Work
Nothing. They never called me back.

10/14/2013

Janet O.

Great. not only created a new doorway through the back of a closet but finished it off in a clean neat way. Cleaned up all debrise. Very professional, polite and on time

Description of Work
Created a doorway to remove old washer/dryer and put in new. A previous remodel had a small doorway.

Category handyman service, woodworking, doors

09/22/2013

Chandramallika R.

It went very well. I am overly satisfied with their work. They came earlier than the scheduled time and assembled all the furniture (Queen size bed, 6 chest drawer, 2 drawer nightstand and mirror) in a very less time. They even fixed an existing problem in my closet door, which was not in their list. They have given me additional service ! I am very happy with their work. I am planning to get a few more furniture and will definitely call them to assemble.

Description of Work
Busy Bee Contractors assembled furniture which I bought furniture from Overstock and eBay.

Category contractors, handyman service

06/18/2013

Donna C.

The chimney cap on my roof came loose in a bad storm. To secure it was a very small job, but one that I could not do. I contacted Busy Bee which Angie's List indicated was close to me. Busy Bee indicated that they were willing to do the small job and quoted a price. We set a time for a few days later. On the appointment day, Busy Bee arrived on time, maybe even a little early. He was neat and courteous. After a quick review of the situation, a ladder went up and the cap on my roof was re-fastened. He even added an extra screw to ensure that it would not come loose again.

Description of Work
Adjusted a cap on my roof.

Category handyman service, chimney caps

06/02/2013

John S.

Tad came out the evening of 5/24 to give us an estimate. He was punctual and very friendly. He recommended we replace our roof, although we indicated we would not be proceeding with that option at this time. He was able to give us a quote of $600 on the spot to repair the master bedroom leak, which seemed reasonable to us although we have not had work performed by anyone yet. The only part of the experience that was disappointing is that when I called his office to make the appointment I specifically told the (very nice) lady who set us up that we had cathedral ceilings in the places where the drywall was cracking. I was looking for a contractor that could handle both the roof work and the drywall. When Tad came out he explained that he is getting away from that work and could not help us with that portion. We won't be using him since he can not accommodate both repairs, and I felt badly that he had driven out for the estimate as a result. We would have not proceeded and saved him the trip if we had been told he didn't do that sort of work. I would call him in the future however for work he can perform, as the overall experience was positive.

Description of Work
Came out on 5/24 to give an estimate on drywall repairs in three rooms and a stairwell (all with cathedral ceilings), and a leak in the master bedroom.

05/14/2013

Josephine T.

He was very nice, came on time, took the old air conditioner away.

Description of Work
Window unit air conditioner installed

04/05/2013

dorothy R.

Great job and resonable price!!

Description of Work
Repaired piece of fallen siding from front of home.

Category handyman service, siding

08/27/2012

Fernando R.

He was very punctual, professional and responsive. He gave me suggestions to help me find the more ecomonimal solution. He was also very honest about what needed to be done. I could tell he was all about giving the best service at the best rates. I really appreciated his service.

Description of Work
I hired Busy Bee to do some drywall work and to seal up my shower.

Category drywall, handyman service

06/06/2012

gary H.

He was very good and the price was very fair. The service quality was good and they were very professional.

Description of Work
Busy Bee Construction came and fixed some plaster walls for us.

Category plastering

01/19/2012

FRANCIS S.

The owner came to my house to give me an estimate to replace my bathroom vanity which had been damaged in a basement flood. He took about a week to get back to me with an estimate. His price was nearly double that of other estimates I had received. I took this as an indication he just didn't want the job for some reason. I'd probably consider asking him for an estimate in the future but if I got another one that high, I'd strike him off my list.

Description of Work
They gave me an estimate to replace my bathroom vanity which was flood damaged.

12/02/2011

Patrick K.

Tad and his son were great! I cannot overemphasize how thorough and efficient they were in their work. My wife and I are very pleased with the job they did. We will hire them again in the future.

Description of Work
Tad and his son replaced our old front door with a new front door. In addition, they put in a storm door and a few weeks later they put in a new kitchen window.

Category handyman service, replacement windows, doors

05/12/2011

Keith A.

I received no response when trying to contact these people. I suspect it is because I just needed some small jobs done, because the only handyman that responded told me that was probably the case; no sufficient money in it for them to even give me an estimate, let alone show up or do any work. That said, at least a response that they didn't want my business would have been helpful.

Description of Work
No services performed - not even a reply when I contacted them.

11/26/2010

Patrick K.

It went pretty well. Tad and his son did a very professional job. There was a little bit of a wait from the manufacturer to build both the front and storm doors. Other than that, I would highly recommend this company. As a matter of fact, I have asked them to install a new kitchen window in December.

Description of Work
Replaced Front and Storm Door. Did remodeling work around the door.

Category handyman service, replacement windows, doors

08/19/2010

wanda M.

Busy Bee did an outstanding job. They were prompt & courteous. The old door wasn't level and you could see slivers of light coming through the top and sides. Upon removal, they disposed of the old doors and materials. The new doors were level, installed extremely well and they are energy efficient and secure now. They went above and beyond. They truly did outstanding work that was professional and exacting in its standards.

Description of Work
Busy Bee removed old front door, moved new front door back so that both a new front door and storm door could be installed. They installed a new threshold and completed the drywall work required around the new door.

Category drywall, handyman service, doors

06/06/2010

Andrew D.

It was a waste of our time having Busy Bee come out to quote the job. I wish he'd had been honest with me when I called him 2 weeks after his visit to our site and just told me that he wasn't interested in biding the job.

Description of Work
Busy Bee came out to look at renovating our barn and patching some drywall in our house. Two weeks went by and we didn't hear from them. I called and spoke with the fellow who came out. He seemed a bit put out that I called him and he said he'd get to it when he could. We never heard from him.

Category handyman service, sunrooms

04/27/2010

CAROL N.

I was so impressed with Tad's knowledge and professionalism during our appointment for an estimate, that I scheduled an appointment for 2 days later to get the work done. As expected, Tad and his crew arrived on time and completed the repair the same day. He also provided lots of very helpful advice. I will definitely hire his company again for other handyman-type repairs around my house.

Description of Work
A section of my wood fence had become separated and was leaning outward due to the February snowstorm. Most companies I contacted wanted to replace entire sections of the fence instead of repairing just the damaged section. Fortunately, Tad Leszczar of Busy Bee Contractors convinced me that his company could make the repairs by replacing one rotted post. They would straighten the leaning fence section and secure it in place with new brackets.

01/05/2010

Ann B.

Everything was fine, the only thing I don't know is if the price was competitive. I took the first contractor that came by, that was not a smart thing to do. I would give the price an "A" unless I find out they over charged. I'm not sure if I would use them again.

Description of Work
I hired Busy Bee to patched a place in the roof that was leaking. He also installed a new storm door and weather stripped it.

Category roofing, doors

12/15/2008

Michael K.

Working with Busy Bee was a pleasure. The person I dealt with, who I believe is the owner of the company, was polite, responsive and extremely nice- a true gentleman. He let me know exactly when the work would be done and followed through with that schedule. I felt he dealt with pricing in an up-front and honest way. He was able to make a complete and accurate assessment of all the work and materials needed in one careful inspection. The work he did was meticulous and excellent. I would use Busy Bee again and have already recommended him to others.

Description of Work
The bulk of the work involved replacing rotted wood on the exterior of our house. In addition, some vent covers were replaced and some dry wall repairs were done inside the house.

Category drywall, handyman service, woodworking

10/24/2008

Tracey W.

It was very good. They came to my home and gave me an estimate, which was right on. They were very timely and they did good quality work. They picked up when they were finished.

Description of Work
They came to my home and replaced my front door and the front door frame and replaced the siding around the door and the front door widnow box.

01/26/2008

Virginia P.

I called on a Friday, got estimate and committed to job the following Tuesday. Work started the following Thursday, when he took down the old ceiling and installed new railings, and was completed the next day, when he installed 2x2 ceiling tiles and light. A slight delay because new florescent lights take a (new) T8 bulb, not the old T11 bulb. Work started at 10 a.m., finished around 3:30, giving me time for my pursuits morning and afternoon. Cleanup could have been better; there were some plaster bits underneath counters and such, but I could have done more clearing of the floor myself. He was friendly, quiet, efficient, professional, and concerned for safety in my somewhat suspicious neighborhood, careful to close and lock doors. He also, without my asking, fixed a hard-to-close door.

Description of Work
Removed partially fallen dropped ceiling and replaced it and ceiling florescent light fixture. Cleanup included pieces of original plaster ceiling above dropped ceiling. Installation was complicated by jogs and alcoves in ceiling, various wires through ceiling, adjustments because of bookcases and cabinets.

Category handyman service, lighting, plastering

10/01/2007

Ellen A.

OUTSTANDING! They were nice, courteous, professional, and an absolute pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
I was selling my house and they did all the work I needed done after the inspection. They did roof repairs, carpentry, concrete work, and repaired a railing for me.

07/03/2007

JESSICA W.

I really trust him. His prices and his workmanship are excellent.

Description of Work
He has done several things for us, most recently he has installed doors for us.

Category handyman service, doors

WeatherMaster Windows

Also rated A+ by the BBB, we offer highly energy-efficient, quality windows, at prices usually available only to builders and contractors. Prices start as low as $238, including installation! Some of our models are 3X more energy saving than ENERGY STAR requirements. Call for a free in-home quote and experience our hassle-free shopping experience with simple, transparent pricing displayed right in our ads, online or quoted over the phone. Or better yet, come visit our 10,000+ SF warehouse showroom where you can see all of our products and operation firsthand. Either way, we know your time is valuable, so we'll keep it simple-- no long sales presentations, no phony Buy One Get One FREE offers, trade-ins or other gimmicks.

First Class Chimney Services LLC

First Class Chimney Services experienced technicians arrive when they say they will. We provide a level of customer service satisfaction in the chimney business. Our employees are constantly commended on their professionalism & dedication to customer satisfaction. Our Certified Chimney Technicians are experts in regular cleanings, pointing & retouching, & restorations authentic to the original masonry. Whether you're building a new home, restoring a fireplace, or just building a walk. Our entire team is committed to meeting those needs. As a result, a high percentage of our business is from repeat customers & referrals that we have for the last years 30 years. Our mission is to provide you with the information & quality service you need at a reasonable rate. Call us for your free estimate.

Pop's Garage Doors

Always ready to take your call and send a professional to save your day!

Offers Coupon

:-) . . . Yes We Do That ! . . . (-: . . . Honey do list . . . . - Awnings - Basements - Bathrooms - Carpentry - Ceramic tile - Club rooms - Decks - Doors - Drywall - Flooring - Gutters - Handyman services - Insulation - Kitchens - Painting - Patio enclosures - Roofing - Siding - Skylights – Windows

Ask for details.