Advantage Lawn & Landscaping Inc

Founded 1996 • With Angi since March 2012

4.2

PO Box 18745

Baltimore, MD 21206

With a foundation of family tradition and a commitment to environmental consciousness, Advantage Lawn & Landscaping Inc. can satisfy all of your commercial and residential needs. “Let us turn your vision into reality.” We combine traditional technique and innovative resources to create the desired

08/10/2019

Rudolf K.

They did a good job. Actual had some extra mulch on truck that they spread at no additional cost.

Description of Work
Deliver and spread mulch

Category mulch

05/16/2019

Gabriel H.

Very well! Our previous mowing company dropped us because we are in the process of moving and they wanted a full year commitment. Dan stepped in, was able to get the yard cleaned up and the beds mulched prior to showings/photography, and has been maintaining the lawn during the transitional period while we are under contract. I am very pleased with the service.

Description of Work
Yard cleanup, mulching, and mowing

Category lawn service, mulch

01/03/2018

Jeffrey B.

Fairly well.....had to point out some plants that were NOT weeds to one of the (new) employees. I would hire them again, though as finished job was very nice and the Crepe Myrtle tree and Hosta plants they brought to plant out front were very nice. They also transplanted some bushes to the back garden and we are hoping they will last until Spring. Time will tell based on how cold he winter weather is.

Description of Work
Garden Cleanup and Planting

Category landscaping

Thank you for taking the time to submit this review

12/27/2017

Bob F.

Excellent leaf removal. Timely and under budget.

Description of Work
Leaf removal

Category lawn service, leaf removal

We hope you call on us again soon!

11/13/2017

Katharine L.

All plants were great for the fall. But these areas still are problem areas, and very few survived to the following year. Perhaps they were not the best plants for those areas, which is what I wanted advice on. I called for help in planting bulbs which we had discussed. No return call.

Description of Work
I had a number of new plants added to 3 beds where I have had difficulty getting plants to grow.

Category landscaping

We always ask our clients to contact us directly, maybe you would have gotten a more prompt reply. Please note this review is from work performed over a year and a half ago

10/11/2017

Albert N.

very well just got no warning he was coming

Description of Work
airation

Category landscaping

Thank you for your constructive feedback. Please let me know if you need anything else

10/04/2017

roy S.

terrilble. 3 Workers arrived at 2 pm, left at 3:15. One worker spent 1/2 hour of that time sitting in truck. I paid for 6 labor hours, may have only gotten 4 labor hours and they did a crappy job. THEY SHOULD NOT BE PAID. photo's attached are actually taken AFTER work was supposed to be done.

Description of Work
Landscape, weed removal

Category landscaping, lawn service

10/04/2017

Christine K.

They were absolutely phenomenal. They got back to me to get the appointment scheduled immediately, were extremely efficient with the process and the quality was highly impressive. The best company I have used by far!

Description of Work
My front yard needed to be completely cleaned with leaf removal, and ridiculously overgrown landscaping.

Category lawn service

WOW! how great is that! Thanks for this, would be a pleasure to work with you again.

09/13/2017

Christine B.

positive- work was competently done

Description of Work
tree and weed removal

Category lawn service

Thanks for this, would be a pleasure to work with you again.

09/08/2017

Albert N.

It went very well. He showed up punctually. He was very pleasant. I enjoyed his presence and his service. i will use him again this autumn.

Description of Work
I purchased a Deal for $149 for Lawn Aeration and Overseed.

Category lawn treatment

Thanks for this, would be a pleasure to work with you again.

08/15/2017

Deborah F.

Three guys got to my house to do the work. One of the guys named Mike told the other 2 to start clearing the weeds while he sat in the truck and was on the phone for a good portion of the first hour. The other two guys worked on removing the weeds but not in a very quick manner. When it was close to 2 hours later I went out to talk to Mike and mentioned I thought they would get more done to which he replied there's poison ivy in the weeds for Ivy and he's not touching it. I told him that he should have dressed appropriately and have the right tools to do the job and that I sent a message to the owner informing him of the poison ivy. Mike said he wasn't told about any poison ivy and that he is not the owner. They only managed to do 1 and a half sections on the fence. I hired another company for less money who completed the work for me mostly due to the fact that they had the proper tools necessary to do the work and were better workers.

Description of Work
Remove thick weeds and poison ivy on my fence which was approximately 6 sections between fence post (about 6' per section). I sent a message in the contact email that there was poison ivy mixed all through the weeds.

Category lawn service

2 back to back "F's is not allowed and AL should be removing this.

08/14/2017

Dorothy J.

They were very accompanying to my schedule & direction. Will call them again for future landscaping

Description of Work
Mulch in gardens

Category mulch

Thanks so much for this review, usually AL and the members post negative news only. This is gratefully appreciated!

08/12/2017

Cindy T.

grateful for flexibility with payment. grateful to have some space now to open car door and step on solid ground. disappointed in lack of communication including stoppage of work without proactive explanation, retaining wall too high to clear car door despite expressing desire for wide enough clearance. cleanup was okay.

Description of Work
Excavate along driveway runner and front garden beds. install pavers and retaining wall. replace deteriorated concreate and brick at end of driveway with pavers.

Category hardscaping

08/12/2017

KIMBERLY G.

Poorly. The owner came to my home to provide an estimate and we went over specifics of what I wanted done and the cost and time associated with these services. I specifically advised which bushes I wanted to be cut down considerably vs the ones that needed simple pruning.The day they arrived (with no notice that they were coming that morning) I received a vm messsge from a staff member questioning what he was supposed to do as nite indicated remove leaves and I had no leaves. I returned the call and left a message for a return call and received no response. Instead of actually considerably cutting shrubs as we'd discussed he merely pruned them. The sad part is that I called him two times after the service was completed and he ignored my messages. This shows me they have no regard for customer service. I would never recommend this company to anyone.

Description of Work
I purchased a great deal through Angie's List for pruning and cutting of bushes and shrubs.

Category lawn service

Last year we offered to return, if that is something you would like, please give us an opportunity to show our services to you.

07/25/2017

Evan E.

Phone calls never answered or returned.

Description of Work
Weeding and mulching.

Category lawn service

emails have been sent and work was performed

07/03/2017

Nancy D.

I had a hard time getting in touch with them to set up a time for the work. Finally After several weeks I got a text saying that they would come on a Tues or Wed afternoon. They came Wed morning when I was leaving for a doctors appt.

Description of Work
I had mulch delivered and spread.

Category lawn service, mulch

Thank you for your time in submitting the review. I apologize for any miscommunications.

06/30/2017

kristina M.

A+ job cleaning up yard! Will call again. Thx

Description of Work
cleaning up yard

06/30/2017

Zilla O.

They never contacted me for scheduling and the money was refunded.

Description of Work
Weed removal and mulch spreading.

06/28/2017

Guy C.

didn't go at all...they came out and looked at the job and said they would get back to me with an estimate, but they never got back to me at all

Description of Work
needed some bushes taken out, some cleanup & mulch

06/28/2017

Evan E.

The work itself was good but it took over three months to schedule and never got the second half done.

Description of Work
Weeding and mulching

06/22/2017

Bryan P.

Disappointed, company never got a hold of me after purchasing the deal. I am happy though that Angie's List was able to refund the purchase so I can find someone else.

Description of Work
Purchased deal for $239 for 6 Hours of Lawn or Landscape Work

06/19/2017

Sheila D.

I proposed three dates for the work to be done and never heard from this company. I called everyday for over a week and they would not return my call. I asked for a refund. If you think this is professional service, then good luck if you try them.

Description of Work
I purchased an Angies' Deal for gardening and landscape.

06/16/2017

Erlene M.

NEVER, I mean NEVER use this company unless you have time and money to waste.

Description of Work
Purchased deal on 5/15/2017 to install 120 sq ft stone patio and a stone firepit. Representative came out on 5/26/2017 for a consultation. Stated that I needed a retaining wall based on my slope. Said he would send an estimate. I sent emails twice, called and left messages 2-3 without any response. I finally called Angie's to report lack of communication. They said that they would reach out to him to ask him to contact me. Waited a few days, still nothing. Called Angie's a second time. Said they would reach out again to him. Still nothing. Mind you this man had already been paid $2125.00. I finally had enough. This is not a company I want to do business with. I requested a refund and it was issued immediately.

Category pavers, gravel, hardscaping, patios

I'm sorry you underestimated the project at hand. I am glad we caught it before the project was underway and then you would have thought I was creating hidden costs. I like to be honest and upfront with my clients, and in your case it was out of your budget. Enjoy the rest of your summer

06/16/2017

Mark P.

Paid thru Angie's list 2 weeks ago. Gave 3 possible schedule dates. Never heard from anyone. Sent numerous email and voicemails. One email reply as to which deal I ordered and address. This email was answered immediately, but I have yet to hear from anyone regarding services paid for. Dan refuses to return calls. Complained to Angie's list - still no response. If there was a rating below (F) Advantage Lawn and Landscaping would earn that Rating. Save yourself some money, your valuable time, and go with a reputable Company that will give you the quality service you deserve. Read the reviews, over 70 (F) ratings. I wish I would have listened to all of the dissatisfied customers this company has.

Description of Work
Remove some bushes and shrubs

Category lawn service

We strive for excellence and I am sorry this peak season we fell short. FYI these reviews have been collected for a decade. 70 in ten years is not bad, although we do strive for 0.

06/15/2017

mark M.

Dan and his crew did a killer job. The patio turned out great. I would hire again.

Description of Work
Patio Pavers

Category hardscaping

Thank you so much. We look forward to working with you in the future! Please contact us directly. We appreciate your time and this review.

It's the Brick Guys

Landlord Gopher

Landlord Gopher is you premier company for any and all Real Estate Services. We provide 24/7 care of your property for a flat rate of $89.00 monthly (no long-term contracts, month-to-month agreement). With almost 20 years in business compare us to Property Managers who charge 10% for like services. Contact us for additional information and promotions.

Offers Coupon

American Lawn Specialists, Inc.

American Lawn and Tree Specialists, Inc. is a locally owned & operated company committed to providing the very best lawn care and ornamental tree/shrub care service to its customers. With over 27 years of experience, we offer free estimates where we can come out and evaluate your lawn and landscape. This is our basis so that we may provide you the service your lawn and landscape needs. Our Organic Based Lawn Care Program is proven in getting your lawn to its potential. Contact us today so we can get started improving your lawn.

Check, PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available

Landscaping. Hardscape. Mulch, topsoil & fertilizer. Prunning & trimming. Fall cleanups. Leaf removal. Gutter cleaning. Hauling. Pressure washing. Snow. Property preservation & securing.

Ask for details.