Advanced Security Safe and Lock

Founded 2006 • With Angi since March 2013

6318 Reisterstown Rd

Baltimore, MD 21215

Family owned and operated locksmith and security products business located in Baltimore, MD providing services for over a decade in Maryland and Washington DC. We provide a wide variety of security related services for home and business including Security Systems, Doors, Safes, and much more. We are GSA certified to work with government agencies and will beat most of our competitors prices ....

09/26/2017

Sajeeb W.

I was going to order a custom built safe from a high end manufacturer. Prior to ordering Eastern Safe was selected by the manufacturer to do a site survey to see if the safe I wanted could be taken up my hardwood stairs. Dennis from Eastern Safe came out with the specifications of the safe I wanted, measured my stairs and inspected the location. He told me and the manufacturer they could do it. After I had fully paid for the very expensive safe and it was delivered to Eastern they arrived up at my house to install. They first damaged the safe slightly getting it off the pallet. When I asked them about it they told me the damage was already there. They got it to my front steps but could not get it over. They moved it into my garage, blocking one parking space and said they would come back in two days with more manpower. On the appointed day after waiting three hours of the four hour time window they had given me no one arrived. I finally called their office to be told their truck had broken down. I asked why no one had called, but they had no reason. I asked why they didn't just put the equipment in a van and was told it wouldn't fit. Even though all they had shown up with the first time besides the safe was a stair climber, a couple of drop cloths and two pieces of wood. It could have fit in a minivan with room to spare. So they rescheduled a second time for the following week. The following week they came with Dennis, who had done the site survey. He came inside, looked at my steps and said they cannot get it up the stairs. I reminded him the manufacturer had hired them to do a site survey and he had said they could deliver. He said he meant to the basement, not upstairs. I reminded him that he had measured my stairs and told me his main concern was that the landing was big enough to make the turn with the safe. He then said he had told me it had to be 800 pounds with the safe door on, not off. This safe is 800 pounds with the door off and they had already removed the door. Why it matters that the maximum weight he can handle is only with the door on made no sense. I told him that he had informed manufacturer directly, not just me, that he could deliver it. He said there was no way he could have said that and left. At the time of the site survey I had asked him if his stair climber could handle 800 pounds with the door off he said no problem, his stair climber was actually rated for 1000 pounds. So he flat out lied to me. They left me with a very expensive safe sitting in my garage, with the door off. Fortunately manufacturer was very responsive to my problem. They called in Advanced Security Safe and Lock all the way from Baltimore. Ben from Advanced came that very evening to do a site survey and said he could deliver it upstairs. I told him it had to be installed this week and he called his office and rescheduled a couple of his guys. They arrived the very next afternoon with a lot more equipment than Eastern Safe. Within a couple of hours of when they arrived they had my safe in the exact location I wanted upstairs with absolutely no damage to my house or safe. Absolutely impressed with Advanced Security Safe and Lock. Eastern had left me stranded. Not only did they do the job perfectly, they also did it on very short notice.

Description of Work
Install safe to upstairs location

Category locksmith

Thank you Mr. [Member Name Removed] for allowing us to perform the job for you and for the great review. We are one of the most experienced safe companies in the DMV area and the difference shows in the quality of our work. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you ever need any other services we provide in your area.

08/28/2017

Adele R.

The locks all function well aside from 1 which was re-keyed and is hard to close (I need to pull the door shut and then lock it).

Description of Work
I needed 2 locks re-keyed and 1 set replaced. The owner was very responsive by phone but did make 1 wisecrack which I did not appreciate, when I made a verbal error. For the appointment, the locksmith did not arrive at the scheduled time. I called and got an apology, and the appointment was re-scheduled for later in the day. The man who came out to install the new locks was efficient and honest.

Category locksmith,doors

12/20/2016

Steve O.

I didn't use this place. How can I get rid of this review?

Description of Work
I didn't use this place. How can I get rid of this review?

10/25/2016

Amy H.

I called the office on a Sunday morning and was pleasantly surprised when I told that they could do the work that day even after I said it was not an emergency. I was expecting to schedule an appointment for the following day. The technician was arrived at the specified time and completed the work with 2 hours.

Description of Work
I needed 9 locks changed on my home.

02/08/2016

Clifton W.

I contacted Advanced Security, Safe & Lock today. Charlie, the appointed technician, showed up today at the time that he committed. He was polite, professional, and stayed focused on the task at-hand the entire time he was in my home. After he completed his diagnosis , he assured me that he would have the lock working properly today. He promptly completed the job and tested the lock, with me observing, in less than 1/2 hour. As he assured me, the lock is working perfectly fine and smoothly (actually better than it worked before it was broken). Advanced Security, Safe & Lock definitely has my vote for their great customer service, polite, skilled, and professional technician (Charlie), and reasonable pricing. I am SECURE in my home again and very appreciative.

Description of Work
Repaired deadbolt cylinder on the front entry door of my home.

Category locksmith,doors

03/12/2014

Benjamin W.

After doing significant research on different types of high security locks, I decided to to with multi-lock. They have many features that other high security locks lack, such as resistance to a crow bar. Their locks are bump proof and would be nearly impossible to pick or drill. I contacted several angies lists providers who mostly wanted to go with medeco, as they were not licensed multi-lock dealers. Medeco is just not as good as multi-lock. I contacted Advanced security, they emailed me a quote, and I then priced them with the competition. On the day of installation I had a very tight schedule and told them they had to be onsite exactly at 2 PM and done by 4. They sent an extra locksmith to make sure it was done and I really appreciated that. Everything went well. They stuck to their quoted price and cleaned up well. I have some great locks and have now used this company 4 separate times over the last few years, and would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Install 4 Multi-Lock High security locks on 18G steel doors 1.) 2 single cylinder multi-lock interactive plus deadbolt on 18G steel door 2.) 1 double cylinder multi-lock interactive plus deadbolt on 18G steel door 3.) 1 captive key multi-lock interactive plus deadbolt on 18G steel door

03/09/2014

Benjamin W.

I went to their store to look at safes and explained to them what I was looking for and they provided a quote with installation on the spot. I then went and got quotes from 3 other angies lists providers, all of which were higher. You can actually view the delivery and installation as I posted a video on youtube at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo1AYKnZwcAand feature=youtu.be I love that they have special equipment to lift the 200 plus pound safe so that there is no damage to the home. It is now bolted to the floor and will give a burglar a real challenge! I would definitely recommend this locksmith based on service, price, installation skill, and knowledge.

Description of Work
Deliver and install large Gardall FB1212 burglar and fire rate safe

02/08/2014

BERTLYN T.

David did a really good job. He was very professional. He knew about locks. I was very pleased.

Description of Work
They fixed a lock.

01/28/2014

Erik G.

I had a huge safe delivered curbside at my home. After speaking with various safe moving companies, I received the best quote from Advanced, and liked their communication - they called me back like they said they would, and were very good about getting me scheduled promptly. The movers arrived in a van and assessed the situation. After thinking it over, they informed me of their plan to get the safe up my driveway (no easy task). They took great care in getting the safe ready to move, and were very careful and skillful during the moving process. After about an hour they had the safe up in the garage. They proceeded to place it where I wanted it, and even helped me unpackage it. Both the movers were very friendly and hardworking. One of them gave me lots of pointers and advice as a new safe owner. I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Installed my 3500 LB Safe

10/31/2010

Benjamin W.

They were amazing! Same day I called they came and rekeyed all the locks so that 1 key worked on all the locks. They also installed a new keyless lock, programmed it for me, and clearly explained to me how it worked. They also converted a few of our locks to newer more secure locks. They did a lot of work for a very reasonable amount of money! I would use them again without hesitation.

Description of Work
Rekeyed all locks, made new keys, & installed new locks

Key Hole

Family owned and operated since 1960, The Key Hole Inc. has provided thousands of locks and lock/security systems of every make and grade conceivable to our Baltimore clients. Moreover, our locksmiths treat our clients as valued business partners. That is, we treat all of our clients as equals and value their input so that the end result satisfies both parties.

Ultra Guard Security Systems

We are a local boutique security company in Gaithersburg, MD. We offer solutions from residential smart homes to full commercial operations. Personal service, expert design and installation, and cutting edge technology are our strengths.

Offers by Ultra Guard Security Systems on Angi
    Maximum Security Co

Locally owned & family operated. Additional contact names - Richard G Lohfeld Sr and Richard G Lohfeld II. Providing your security needs since 1978. We are one of the only alarm companies that have earned: - "Top Rating for Quality" - The Washington Consumer Checkbook

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing

We offer comprehensive locksmith services including Re-Keying for Cars & Buildings, Lock-out Service, Automotive Keys & Ignition Programming & Sales. We also offer Service, Sales, and Installation of Access Control Systems, Residential Locks, Commercial Locks, Alarms Systems, CCTV, Intercom Systems, Commercial Doors, Garage Doors, Safes & Vaults, Video Surveillance Systems, Security Systems, and Residential Doors. We are GSA Certified to provide services for Government Agencies & Contractors.

We offer all services you can expect from a locksmith.