We accept remote payment

We Restore Decks

Founded 2007 • With Angi since March 2013

1842 Saint Margarets Rd

Annapolis, MD 21409

You can expect the experienced team at We Restore Decks, Inc. to provide complete, professional deck maintenance and repair services at an affordable cost. Our specialty lies in restoring old decks to a beautiful look and feel. Our focus is not only to make our customers' decks look good, but also making them last. This is where we are really able to shine in comparison to our competitors. We truly understand wood and what it takes to prevent serious issues, such as decay and fungus, from taking root and destroying your structure. We use only the finest products in the industry, and will never "experiment" with your deck using untested products that may or may not do the job. There is an abundant amount of faulty information in our marketplace, and our goal is to clear the air and the myths regarding exterior wood care. We want to give you a sustainable and affordable approach to maintaining your beautiful natural looking wood deck!...

04/13/2022

Sandy G.

Could not be happier with the service from start to finish. They were totally professional every step of the way. Communication was outstanding.

Description of Work
Large decks refinished

10/26/2021

J.T. H.

This has been one of most satisfying experiences I've had with a contractor. Their customer service is bar none! I hired them to power wash, stain and paint my deck. A minor delay was promptly addressed as were any questions and concerns I had about the work. All the employees I met were pleasant and professional: Armando and Gabriel(?) explained the problems with my backyard spigot and Armando was very helpful in explaining the issues that caused the delay. Megan arranged for another employee, Trevor, to get the project started once they identified a solution. Trevor was a joy to work with. When he was delayed, he kept me informed and he and his worker,Nathaniel did an outstanding job on my deck. He even took the time to try and fix my spigot! Megan is to be commended as well. When they were scheduled to work on my birthday, I called them to reschedule and Megan called me right away (on a Sunday while she was traveling!) and assured me I didn't need to change my plans. She was consistent throughout the entire process. We Restore Decks is to be commended for their excellent customer service and the excellent job they did on my deck! I have no hesistation in hiring this company again in the future.

Description of Work
Deck washing, staining and some board replacment

08/30/2021

Peggy N.

Excellent! Big shout out to all members of the team, from Morgan for our estimate and Meghan for scheduling, to Carlos and his helper and John, Ronnie and Steven for the great work they did on our deck. Our deck looks like new again. We have a very large 2-tier deck and they did a wonderful job restoring it. They were very neat with the work they did and cleaned up all the mess and hauled away all the debris and left everything in great shape. We would definitely use We Restore Decks Again.

Description of Work
Deck Restoration

Category decks,deck cleaning

07/30/2021

Justin W.

I highly recommend We Restore Decks. Every single member of this team is professional, helpful, and just down right good. The team will go above and beyond your own expectations. I am very pleased with their service and will advocate for them for now on.

Description of Work
Deck treatment,sand and stain

06/11/2021

michael C.

Excellent. they did everything i could expect. Wash, bleach, sand, secure loose nails, replace boards in the deck and on top of the railing, stain & seal. They covered all the plants around the deck and protected any siding from damage. Very professional. Eager to answer any questions and make sure I was satisfied. We did a walk through when finished after the head guy did his own walk through and redid anything not satisfactory. I had this done 2 years ago by another company and the effort was so much better this time I could not compare it. I will definitely call them again in 3 years or so to renew the seal and protect the deck.

Description of Work
Restored my deck

Category decks,deck cleaning,pressure washing

We are so glad you had a great experience, [Member Name Removed]! Thank you for the very kind review and please call any time you need us!

07/30/2020

Tom H.

Very, very happy with the job they did. Deck was in rough shape and they made it look new for a fraction of the cost of a new deck. Megan was super responsive, laid out the process, timeline, and costs and gave us good tips on picking the stain. Guys that did the work arrived when they said they would, did good work, great attention to detail and touch ups.

Description of Work
deck restoration

Category deck cleaning

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed]!! Reviews like this make our day. :)

06/21/2020

John W.

We Restore Decks restored our deck and porch in the fall of 2019. I waited until now to write this review because I wanted to see how well the restoration held up over the winter. It looks just as good as when they completed the work - this is a testament to their expertise and excellent work. Jonathon is extremely knowledgeable and ensured all aspects of their work was excellent, down to the smallest piece of trim on the porch. They re-painted the white surfaces and restored the stained deck and the wood looks fantastic. I was close to giving up on the deck and have it rebuilt but after their work we expect to be able to enjoy it for years to come. I would recommend them to anyone who has a wood deck that needs restoration.

Description of Work
Wood porch and deck restoration

Category deck cleaning

[Member Name Removed], this is the best kind of review that we can ask for. Thank you so much. Glad to know that we were able to make you happy! Please make sure that you call us in the future for any of your deck/porch needs. We'll be happy to help!!

06/12/2020

Mike N.

This is a fantastic company with truly fantastic people. We haven't had this kind of customer service in years, from any service provider. We had our very old deck cleaned, sanded, and refinished, and they did a superb job - very happy with results, and cost was very competitive. The one thing that stands out about this company is that they basically were not satisfied until we were satisfied...and that is a rarity these days to say the least. Megan is a joy to work with as the customer service lead, and Armando was incredibly personable, conscientious, and dedicated to making sure all aspects of the job were done correctly and with attention to detail. We will definitely work with We Restore Decks again - highly recommend!

Description of Work
Deck Refurbishing

Category deck cleaning

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed]! You and [Member Name Removed] are 5 STAR customers. It was so nice working with you. Please call us any time you need us!!

05/15/2020

Lisa H.

Our 18 year old deck was in need of some TLC. We had maintained it by having it stained/sealed periodically in the past, but the floor was chewed up from wear and tear (especially dog nails). We Restore Decks stepped in and thoroughly cleaned it on one visit. Another visit followed after it dried at which point they sanded it and applied the stain (hand brushed and sprayed). They hit spots that others in the past never seemed to be able to get to. The entire team (owner, scheduler, workers) was always friendly, kept us informed and answered any questions that we had. They cleaned up, leaving no trace that they had been there, except for the transformed deck. This deck had been an eyesore for years but now it looks fantastic! We are so happy we contacted We Restore Decks. We will be using them for all of our deck maintenance in the future and we will recommend them to friends and neighbors. I have high standards and this company actually exceeded them.

Description of Work
Deck sand, refinish and stain

Category decks,deck cleaning,pressure washing

Thank you so much, we are so grateful you found us. Our business is difficult to manage, due to the seasonality and the weather dependency, but customers like you make it worth it!

08/20/2019

Virginia C.

This company is professional, courteous and customer friendly. They replaced some deck boards, cleaned, sanded and stained my 20 year old deck and it looks brand new. Great communication and pride in the workmanship. Highly recommend if you’re not ready to invest in a replacement. However, I would hire them to replace my deck if it was in my budget. In a world of shoddy contractors, these guys shine. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Restored deck

Category decks,deck cleaning,pressure washing

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed]!! You were such a pleasure to work for. If there were a customer rating system, you'd get an A+!

07/31/2019

Janice S.

The team at We Restore Decks did an excellent job of restoring our weather worn deck! It’s now a beautiful outdoor space that we’re proud to share with friends and family 🙂.

Description of Work
Deck Restoration

Category decks,deck cleaning,pressure washing

[Member Name Removed]!! Thank you so much! You were an absolute pleasure to work for. Please call us in the future. :)

04/10/2019

Margaret D.

Meagan at the front desk kept in contact so I never felt forgotten. Deck work was done within 2 weeks of calling to inquire about services and my deck looks BEAUTIFUL!

Description of Work
Deck redtoration

Category decks,deck cleaning

Thank you so much, [Member Name Removed]! You were a great customer. Please call us any time you need deck work!

07/20/2018

Nalini G.

Work was done as promised and in time.

Description of Work
Deck - 7-Step Premium Deck Restoration + Top railing cap replacement + Deck Repair + Re-build Gate

Category deck cleaning

Thanks so much [Member Name Removed]! We greatly appreciate your business.

06/09/2018

Madeline D.

Professional, honest, reliable And amazing… My home is beautiful again… I would refer them to everyone… And amazing job thank you

Description of Work
We restore decks… Power washed, cleaned, sanded, replaced wood where needed and stained five decks on my home…

Category decks,deck cleaning,pressure washing

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! You were so wonderful! (We would give you an 'A' rating customer review!) Please always call us for your future needs.

05/04/2018

stephanie M.

The company did an excellent job and I am completely satisfied with the end result. They were professional, provided quality services and were customer service driven. I will use them again when needed. It was a pleasure having them do my deck and fench project.

Description of Work
Deck and fence repair

Category decks

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! You were a pleasure to work for. Please call us for any future projects or maintenance. :)

10/22/2017

Alfredo L.

Excellent job, competent, helpful, friendly specialists,

Description of Work
7-Step Premium Deck Restoration Clean, sand and varnish older hardwood furniture Clean, sand and oil new teak furniture

Category decks,deck cleaning,pressure washing

Thanks so much for your review, [Member Name Removed]! You've always been a great customer. :)

08/24/2017

Barbara J.

It was really delightful to work with Jonathon and his team. They were willing to answer our many questions and were prompt in their work. The deck and steps look great. They pressure washed and sanded and stained/sealed.

Description of Work
Restored covered deck and two large wooden steps.

Category decks,deck cleaning,pressure washing

Thanks so much for the review, [Member Name Removed]! You and Mark are a pleasure to work with. So glad that you're happy with everything. We hope that you'll call us again for upkeep, and anything else you need. Take good care!

07/25/2017

Phil R.

The work itself, when finally complete, was done fairly well. I have a medium size deck. it was in bad shape as it is wood and 23 years old. the choice was to work with what was there, ore rip up the existing decking and re-deck it. 1- It took almost 6 weeks to "complete" the job, multiple days and even weeks would pass between visits, with no sign of workers, and one section of my pergola is still waiting to be stained/ sealed 2 1/2 months later although job has been paid in full 2 months ago. 2- Crew damaged existing handrail on stairway while rebuilding steps. Charged me $175 for roughly 16 linear feet of cedar to replace it, because he had to go pick it up at the lumber yard- at that point in the project, I had no choice but to consent. 3- opted not to trim and edge one section of existing bad decking which was part of the job, as Jonathan approached the completion of the job he decided it was too much hassle for him, for the amount of benefit the repair would provide. 4- I did have to call Jonathan back to apply more sealant to deck as original application was insufficient. to his credit, he did work hard to get the new and old sections to blend colorwise. 5- estimated for and included in price was a patio stone landing, which was never installed and the price was not adjusted to reflect this. In all, the workmanship was decent. the punctuality was non existent. the professionalism was... millennial. I paid in full as I just needed to move on from this experience.

Description of Work
Rebuild steps to deck and pour footers, replace landing. Remove built on flower boxes from deck, and build 2 sections of new railing. Replace several bad boards on deck. Trim bad ends of deck boards, treat newly cut ends, and edge with trim boards. Power wash, and seal deck and existing pergola.

Category decks,deck cleaning,pressure washing

Thanks for the review of our services. We are disappointed that you were not 110% overwhelmingly pleased with the experience. Over 95% of our customers are, so this is sad news to us. This is especially true after we poured hours and hours of hard sweat and tears into a neglected deck to try to make you happy. We have pages of notes taken during your project, so it'[Member Information Removed] easy to recall what actually occurred while we performed work on your deck. From the start, this was a challenging job. It was an 18x12, twenty-plus year old rotting cedar and redwood structure. With a project like this, there are always surprises which arise and take extra time, planning, labor and associated costs to correct. In a sense, we regret taking it on, although jobs like this do make us better at what we do. Also, we have found that some customers are not as familiar with contracting for home improvements nor the common protocols that are associated with it. Mainly, when working on projects such as this, we learn which decks and which customers we need to say, "No Thanks" to. Lastly, when faced with reviews such as this, we are regretfully reminded that there are some folks that are impossible to please.

07/21/2017

Rita A.

Company was very quick to come out and provide the free estimate and noticed some major issues. Scope of work was extensive and I opted to use our general contractor for some required major structural repairs before proceeding with the deck restoration. We Restore Decks was very willing to meet our scheduling requirements. Kevin and Marcus provided efficient, professional service and did a very skilled job making a 15 year old, neglected deck look almost as good as new. They tried a few of my chosen stain options first so that I could be sure of the finish before committing to a product. They were careful with my landscaping and cleaned up meticulously when finished. I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Cleaning, repair and wood restoration on existing deck

Category decks,deck cleaning,pressure washing

Hi [Member Name Removed]! Thanks so much for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we did. Please call us in the future for any of your maintenance needs, and don't forget to let us know if you refer anyone to us, so that we can send you a thank you gift. You're a fantastic customer to work for! Have a great week.

07/04/2017

Janet H.

It went fantastically!!! Jonathan and Woody helped me with the drawings needed for my HOA application to change out my deck and I submitted my application to the HOA board that day. Jonathan and Woody offered up numerous ideas on my new deck like whether to use composite wood or regular pressure treated wood, vinyl railings, or traditional wood railings. Because of my HOAs rules, I went with a traditional wood deck with wood railings. We did, however, change my deck from a 12 x 10 to a 12 x 12. It will be stained about 3-ish months from now as the wood needs to dry out so that the stain will take better. The deck took about 4.5 days to complete from tear down, to building, to cleanup. Lazlo and Brandon built me my new gorgeous deck. You can tell that they love working with wood and building decks as the workmanship of the deck is incredible. They took the time to precisely measured out and cut every single piece of wood and they put them in place with screws not nails! I didn't mention this to Jonathan but one of my pet peeves with my old deck was that it had nail pops all over the place and every year, I would have to drive a few nails through the boards to keep them in place. I'm happy to say that this new deck does NOT have this problem :) I thought my old deck was unsightly, and haphazardly built. My new deck's design pops! It feels very sturdy (the old one never felt that way even when I bought my place 11 years ago). The extra 2 feet of length makes more difference than I expected. It feels a lot bigger than it is and I'm glad I took Jonathan's suggestion to make it a little bigger. I've gotten a lot of comments from neighbors on my new deck asking me who I had build it. My parents came down today and dad (who is not very steady on his feet) went out on it and said "Wow, this is a really nice deck! It's so much better than your old one." He also liked the 2 additional feet and as well as the sturdiness of the deck. Now all I need is some furniture! That'll be next. As a woman, I've cleaned up after many contractors who didn't feel it was their duty to clean up after they finished working on things. These guys were great; they cleaned up any mess and left my place in better condition than in was before. They go the extra mile to make sure you are happy with their work. In addition to the deck, they also put in a single fence piece that was between my place and my neighbor's place separating our townhouses. The old fence kept falling down as it was not screwed in properly to the wall. This new fence piece is firmly set. I'll eventually have the guys back to build me a complete fence when I am ready. I would highly recommend the guys at We Restore Decks to anyone. I'll upload before and after photos in few days.

Description of Work
I had a deck that was so old that it was attracting carpenter bees and also woodpeckers. I was woken from a deep sleep one Tuesday morning to the sound of a woodpecker eating my deck trying to get to the carpenter bee larvae. The railings were coming loose and the boards were wearing. I also had squirrels taking bites out of my deck as well. It was obvious to me that my entire deck needed to be replaced. I needed to find someone who would be able to offer up ideas for a new deck.

Category decks

[Member Name Removed], Wow! Thank you so much for the awesome review! We are so, so glad that we could make you (and your folks) happy. This kind of detailed information on our work is really helpful to potential customers, and we greatly appreciate you taking the time to write it. Call us any time you need maintenance/upkeep, and if you happen to refer anyone to us, make sure they give us your name so that we can send you a thank you gift. Have a wonderful week!

06/25/2017

Brian M.

Very good experience. Jonathan was very responsive to all questions. Price was better than other quotes. Work crews were friendly. A few minor hiccups with specialty parts caused minimal delay but nothing substantial. After the work porch looks brand new, very happy with the final product. First time we have paid for pressure wash of the house as well, did a superb job cleaning green growth off the siding. Will definitely call again for the pressure wash in the future.

Description of Work
Replaced rotting wood sections of screened porch, paint and stain porch, built new under porch gate access door, and whole house power wash.

Category decks,deck cleaning,pressure washing

Thanks so much, [Member Name Removed]! Sorry it's taken us so long to respond, but we appreciate you and your kind review. If you ever need our services again, please call!

06/05/2017

Robert F.

These jobs were badly needed, and the results were terrific. It was a very customized job, and we discussed options at every point. They were extremely responsive to my ideas and concerns, and very focused on providing a quality product. There was a lot of custom carpentry involved because of the odd shapes to the decks, so this was no simple task. They were careful at every stage, worked hard all of the time that they were on site, respected my property as I would, and cleaned up completely. And the results were great! See the before/after shots attached. I would absolutely hire them again.

Description of Work
They replaced the decking on three decks, adding some additional support under one of them. They also constructed a new set of steps to my back door, and created under-deck skirting for a front deck. Finally, they stained all of the wood.

Category decks,deck cleaning,pressure washing

[Member Name Removed], thank you SO MUCH for the very kind review. Sorry it's taken us so long to reply. If you get a chance, reach out and let us know how your deck is doing!

05/26/2017

Donald P.

OUTSTANDING - Johnathan runs an exceptional team that is both professional and cares about the work and making sure the customer is satisfied with the finished product. From the time of meeting with Johnathan for a estimate to the final payment, he always seemed to place the customers expectations and needs first. Each member of his team is courtesy and cares personally about the work they are doing as it shows in the final product. I had my deck and fence installed in 1996 and have used several services since that to have it cleaned and stained. I will never use another team as long as Johnathan's is in business. In my opinion one of the best, if not the best, available in the DC/Baltimore (Odenton) area. Thanks to the entire team for an excellent job and your dedication to the work you do.

Description of Work
Deck rail caps replaced, entire deck power washed, sanded, and stained. Wooden fence repaired with replaced posts and boards, power washed, and stained. House power washed.

Category decks,deck cleaning,pressure washing

Thank you so very much, [Member Name Removed]! You are one of our favorites, for sure. How is your deck doing now? Let us know any time we can help!

05/14/2017

Mark W.

Jonathan and his team were friendly, very professional, competent, and went the extra mile to ensure the job was top notch.

Description of Work
Our screened-in porch constructed of redwood and cedar was in need of extensive cleaning and maintenance.

Category decks

Thanks for the kind review, [Member Name Removed]! Hope your deck is doing great. Call us any time you need us. :)

04/29/2017

Linda and Dean C.

They did a great job and I would definitely hire them again. Also, some of my neighbors are interested in hiring them too! Very timely and professional.

Description of Work
We restore decks restore my decks by power wash, sanding, stain and replace the top boards along with securing the railing. They also power washed by porch, side walks and drive way! Woody did an outstanding job on getting me the quote, price and all the information I needed and Jonathan followed-up with date, time of service and to make sure I was satisfied. A few small things to be completed. They did a great job and I would definitely hire them again. Also, some of my neighbors are interested in hiring them too!