Peddicord's Lawn, Landscape & Snow Removal

Founded 1999 • With Angi since May 2011

Family owned & operated business with 5 employees.

lawn care (39)lawn & landscaping (15)mulch delivering (14)leaf removal (7)snow removal (4)hauling (1)gutter cleaning (1)

06/16/2019

Nancy R.

Peddicord’s Lawn, Landscaping and Snow Removal Services has been taking care of my lawn and landscaping for the past 5 years. Recently, they performed a landscaping refurbishment and did an excellent job of shrub trimming, plant additions to the nature areas, mulching and clean-up. Simply put, the work was absolutely perfect; that is why I have contracted with them for 5 years, why I will continue to do so and why I highly recommend them. Not only do they perform excellent service, but they are extremely friendly and fair in their efforts and pricing.

Description of Work
Landscaping Refurbishment

Category landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal, mulch

Work Completed On 06/11/2019

04/01/2017

Diane F.

I cannot say enough great things about this company. From the moment they came by to provide us with a quote to the final touches of their work, they were extremely professional, knowledgeable, and excellent in their work. We had numerous tree limbs and leaves that needed to be cleaned up as well as pruning, trimming, gutter cleaning, and mulching. We have a lot of landscaping and it was in great need of sprucing up and their crew completed the job within a day and a half. They got right to it as soon as they arrived and it seemed like everyone on the team knew exactly what their job was and executed it flawlessly. We have been looking for a good lawn and landscaping company for a few years now and we finally found it. I would highly recommend this company and we will certainly be hiring them again in the future.

Description of Work
We needed a very extensive spring clean up done to our lawn and landscaping.

Category gutter cleaning, lawn service, leaf removal, mulch

Work Completed On 04/01/2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It has been a pleasure working with you and we are looking forward to helping you with your property in the future. Andrew Peddicord

03/27/2017

Whitney D.

This is the 2nd year I have used this company and will continue to use them. They do a great job, way better than I could or would do. Very professional, fair price.

Description of Work
I have a small yard but a huge mess in the spring. Thousands of gum balls from a neighbors tree on top of general clean up.

Category lawn service, leaf removal, mulch

Work Completed On 03/27/2017

02/28/2017

Pat W.

They were pretty good. They did a pretty nice job. They did what they said they were going to do. What stool out the most to me was the personnel. Good quality, just thought they were a little pricey, that’s all. I don’t recall their punctuality, I guess they were good, because I don’t recall getting upset about them not showing up in time. Professionalism – They were very much, they were right on target. They did a good job. The reason I would recommend them is yard work.

Description of Work
They did some mulching for us.

Category mulch

Work Completed On 02/28/2016

12/30/2016

Alan S.

Had some trouble finding a reliable, quality lawn and landscape service for my home on the Magothy River. I had some special circumstances that required more of a lawn service than most could or would provide. Peddicord's is a local, family business. Dealing directly with the owner/operator gave me confidence they knew what I wanted. They show up on time and do exactly what you ask for and expect. Could not be happier.

Description of Work
Complete lawn, landscape and beach maintenance. The beach is a matter of cleaning up and removing debris that accumulates at the shoreline. All of this work is a complete annual service.

Category hauling services, landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal, mulch

Work Completed On 12/30/2016

10/24/2016

Nancy R.

We hired Peddicord’s Lawn, Landscaping and Snow Removal Service 2 years ago, based on their excellent reviews on Angie’s List. Their services at our home are mowing the lawn every 2 weeks, weed killing, aeration, seeding, fertilization, trimming of shrubs, edging and weeding of flower beds, mulching and leaf pick-up. They do all of these tasks at the appropriate times of the year. My husband and I have been extremely happy with the work that they do. They arrive promptly to perform the necessary services as dictated by the time of the seasons. My husband and I are very particular about our property being neat and Peddicord’s performance far exceeds our expectations. We have used several lawn services in the past but none of them can compare with the quality of work that Peddicord’s performs. They worked diligently at a good pace and are friendly and professional. Although I have had other lawn services do the same efforts, my property has never looked as good as it does now. The mulch is laid thick and consistently and they create an edge around each of the shrub beds which makes each bed look neat and precise. When they blow our leaves back into the wooded areas on our property, they make sure to blow them back a good couple of feet so that the leaves would be less likely to blow back onto the lawn and so there wouldn’t be a wall of leaves at the very edge of our wooded property sections. And when they mow our lawn during the fall season, when the leaves are down, they mow in such a way that they force as many leaves into the wooded property areas as possible, to the extent that it looks like they did a leaf pick-up. And our lawn has never looked as green and healthy as it does now. Based on similar services from others, I feel that their pricing is reasonable plus we are thrilled with the outcome. We are very happy that we hired them and strongly recommend them to others considering the above types of lawn services.

Work Completed On 10/21/2016

Dear Mr. & Mrs. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for the wonderful reference. WOW! We are so thrilled that you are so pleased with our performance. It is so nice to hear people tell us how we have exceeded their expectations. The crews really like it when I go back and read our reviews to them. We so enjoying working for people who truly appreciate what we do. Thank you again. Looking forward to another great season. Stay Healthy, Sincerely, Tina Peddicord Peddicords Lawn & Landscaping

03/19/2016

Whitney D.

I am so very pleased with this company. My back yard was a total mess with many flower beds needing weeding and mulching, tree branches every where and more important 1000's of gum balls! What usually takes me weeks to complete they took care of in a couple hours doing a better job than I would have! My yard and garden beds looks lovely. The customer service was superb, communicating super fast to my inquiry and questions. They were not only on time but a week early. Very thorough work, very personable and professional. The price quoted was exact, fair and well worth it. I will definitely use them again for any landscaping I need!

Description of Work
Spring clean up. Weeding, mowing, raking, mulching.

Work Completed On 03/18/2016

01/07/2016

sarah S W.

We have retained Peddicord's for years now after reading a review on Angie's List. They have always done an exceptional job with workers that are well-mannered and enthusiastic. We retain them to clean-up our yard (5+ acres with lots of leaves and flower beds) before we have an annual party. They always meet our schedule at a reasonable price. We highly recommend Peddicord's!

Description of Work
Peddicord's picks up the leaves on our 5+ acre property.

Work Completed On 12/24/2015

10/06/2015

NORA F.

They blow the leaves and stuff off the sidewalk but they never get my porch. I've been using them for 3 or 4 years. They are very professional. Many times they come and do the work while I'm away. They've always treated me nice. When I have a problem and ask them to come and take care of it, the response is usually within 24 hours.

Description of Work
They get my grass cut.

Work Completed On 09/29/2015

05/26/2015

Cathy B.

A large crew showed up early and worked steadily until the the yard work was completed. The crew was neat, courteous and efficient. I would definitely recommend Peddicord's to anyone looking for help in the yard.

Description of Work
Weeding and mulching of gardens

Work Completed On 05/26/2015

Dear [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your wonderful review. We are very happy that you are pleased with our work. And especially thank you for your patience in waiting for us. Due to all the great reviews like yours we are extremely busy. Hope we can help you in the future. Regards, Tina Peddicord Peddicordslawn & Landscaping

05/07/2015

Christi H.

Excellent! They even showed up to work in the rain; I was shocked. They came with a full team of people and quickly got to work. They finished what i thought would be a multi-day project done in one day. From the minute I spoke with Tina, I was put at ease. I was under a lot of stress, with lots of various house-related tasks that I needed to address to get the house market-ready, but after speaking with her I knew that I had found the right people for the job. She assured me that they would be take to care of everything, and would have it done in time for the pictures that we had scheduled for the following week. The price was very fair for the work that was performed, and have already had two neighbors ask for their contact information. Only regret is that I did not find them sooner, and now we are moving out of state!

Description of Work
Spring cleanup, plant new flowers and bushes (they provided the plants), reset an area of "sunken" patio pavers, topped off bluestone (gravel) in driveway, mulching of all beds, etc. We were prepping the house to sell and the yard needed to be spruced up with more plants and cleaned up from the long winter.

Work Completed On 04/06/2015

Dear [Member name removed], Thank you for the wonderful review. We are so happy that everything worked out well for you. We are sorry that we did not meet up sooner. Good luck in your new adventure. Regards, Tina Peddicord Peddicord's Lawn & Landscaping

05/02/2015

Virginia S.

I had already used them before for some other work. I would recommend them because they listen, and they are easy to work with.

Description of Work
We use Peddicord. They were last here in January. They did leaf removal in my yard which is 2 acres.

Category leaf removal

Work Completed On 01/01/2015

Dear [Member name removed], Thank you for using us again and for the great review. We hope we can help you out in the near future as well. Regards, Tina Peddicord Peddicord's Lsawn & Landscaping

04/08/2015

debbie S.

The whole experience was great, from Peddicord's responsiveness when I emailed questions to them, to the day after the job was complete when i had some additional questions. Because we are looking to sell our home in a few years, we wanted to improve our home's curb appeal. In addition, we wanted a design that was easy to care for and would show color through out each season. Peddicord's gave us exactly what we asked for and more. Andrew Peddicord was professional and knew exactly what he was doing. He had a large crew that enabled him to finish the job in just a few hours. He managed the crew so efficiently, that everyone knew what they were supposed to be doing at all times. He was amiable and listened carefully to what i wanted and then incorporated all of it into the plan. He suggested that a paver that I thought might work around a well pump could become a problem if the well pump went out and had to be replaced, so he came up with a practical and beautiful solution - river stones. Also, deer are a problem in our area, so he chose plants that the deer completely ignore and that hummingbirds, bees and butterflies love. Peddicord's price was incredibly reasonable, especially when compared to two other bids that we received. Repurposed irises, grasses and bricks from another garden that was torn out helped save us money in the landscape design. We were very happy with the results and I highly recommend Peddicord's Landscaping.

Description of Work
Landscaped our front and back yard. Used fountain grasses to disguise a well pump, and used a purple crape myrtle and river stones to create an attractive focal point for our front yard. Tore out weeds and scraggly bushes across the front of our house and replaced them with glossy abelia and irises.The overgrown weed garden in the back yard was removed and the area was leveled out and seeded.

Work Completed On 04/07/2015

Dear Member, Thank you for the great review. It was a pleasure working with you to help improve your homes curb appeal. Thank you for your business! Thank you The Peddicord's

09/23/2014

James F.

I've nothing but glowing words for this hard working family that promptly arrives when scheduled and quickly sets about to perform the task at hand. For the flower beds, each spring they edge and lay down about 10 yards of mulch being ever careful not to damage any new plant growth. The same attention to detail is also applied when edging and cutting my lawn. When their work is complete, care is taken to clean up any grass deposited on sidewalks and driveway. Too bad Angie's list doesn't have an A+ rating as this company would well deserve that grade.

Description of Work
The Peddicord's have been servicing my flower beds with mulch for the past two years. Recently, I've employed the Peddicord family to cut my lawn on a routine basis.

Work Completed On 09/19/2014

Dear Mr. [removed member name], Thank you for the glowing review. We love taking pride in our work which results in a wonderful review. We hope that our relationship will continue for many years to come. Regards, The Peddicord's

08/30/2014

James P.

Based on Angie's List reviews, we contacted Peddicord's for mowing. We had had a very bad experience with a prior company. Peddicord's offered a great price per mow, and they are very punctual, responsive, and do a great job with our lawn. We have used them all summer without any problems. We hope to continue to use them for a long time!

Description of Work
Mowing every other week

Work Completed On 08/29/2014

Dear [Member Name], Thank you for a great review. We're happy when we can make a customer happy. Looking forward to next season with you. Thank you again. Tina Peddicord Peddicord's Lawn & Landscaping

05/10/2014

Diana S.

It went very well, they were terrific, and the job was excellent. The followed up and even cut my grass without my paying. Very trustworthy and professional.

Description of Work
They were terrific. Installed rocks, Bay grass and they are now cutting my lawn!! Highly recommend!!!

Work Completed On 05/09/2014

Dear (member name removed), Thank you for the wonderful review. We are so pleased that we were able to satisfy your needs. Hope you enjoy your home more now. Sincerely, Peddicord's Lawn & Landscaping

05/09/2014

Nancy R.

We hired Peddicord?s Lawn,Landscaping and Snow Removal Service LLC based on their excellent reviews on Angie?s List. We wanted them to seed the lawn, clear away some piles of tree and branch debris, remove the leaves, trim the bushes and mulch the beds, and mow/maintain the lawn and landscaping. They have mowed our lawn twice now and performed the yard cleanup and mulching and I have to say that my husband and I are very pleased with the job they did. For the cleanup they arrived around 12:30 and were done with all the work by 4:30. They had a total of 4 men working this effort, 2 of which were the owners. They worked diligently and kept a very good pace and in the end, everything was done to perfection. My husband and I are very particular about the property being neat and clean and they more than fulfilled our expectations. The beds are now beautiful and although I have had other lawn services do the same efforts, my lawn and beds have never looked as good as they do now. The mulch was laid thick and consistently and they created an edge around each of the shrub beds which makes each bed look neat and precise. When they blew our leaves back into the wooded areas on our property, they made sure to blow them back a good couple of feet so that the leaves would be less likely to blow back onto the lawn and there wouldn?t be a wall of leaves at the very edge of our wooded property sections. When they left for the day, everything looked manicured and all was impeccably clean. Based on similar services from others, I felt that their pricing was reasonable plus we were thrilled with the outcome. We are very happy that we hired them and strongly recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Spring Clean-Up, Cleaning, Mulching and Trimming Bushes in 10 Beds and Lawn Mowing

Work Completed On 05/05/2014

Dear (member name removed), Wow!!! Your review for us is off the charts!! We are very very pleased that we were able to beautify your yard so that you can truly enjoy it now. We work very hard to please all of our customers and customers like you make it all worth while. We very rarely get positive phone calls. Your positive call to us after the work was completed made our crew's whole week:) Thank you again. Sincerely, Peddicord's Lawn & Landscaping

03/03/2014

Josh S.

They did an excellent job and came immediately. Also their cost was excellent is was literally a 1/3 of the cost that another business charged me on 2/14/14 for the same service. .

Description of Work
They removed snow from my long driveway.

Category snow removal

Work Completed On 03/03/2014

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your business and look forward to working for you in the future. If you need any other services please call us.

01/21/2014

Elizabeth H.

They have been very responsive and provide a great service for the price.

Description of Work
They are my regular and seasonal lawn care.

Work Completed On 01/01/2014

Dear [removed member name], Sorry for the delay in our response. All the snow has had us a bit behind. Thank you for your positive comment & allowing us to service your needs. Looking forward to another season. The Peddicord's

06/05/2013

Charles B.

I would have used Peddicord's except that I had been slow to get on their schedule and then needed the work done more quickly than they were able to.

Description of Work
Peddicord's provided a proposal for a yard clean up for the preparation of my house for going on the market.

Work Completed On 04/15/2013

05/04/2013

Diane F.

They did everything as promised!

Description of Work
Came on time, and did more than than estimated as yard had overgrown. New estimate very reasonable. Pleasant to work with.the

Category lawn service, leaf removal, mulch

Work Completed On 04/12/2013

03/25/2013

Virginia S.

Joe and his son came out to see the hollies and give an estimate. I asked for two estimates--one to cut back the hollies and one to remove them. Joe called back a week later to give the estimate. He apologized for the delay, but he'd taken the time to call an arborist to confirm that cutting back the hollies as much as I wanted them cut back would not kill them (I appreciate his research!). He quoted $550 to remove them and $250 to trim them. We decided to trim them. By the time he and his wife were finished, there was more holly in their truck than left on the bushes, which was exactly what I wanted. In spite of a lot of storm/snow damage in the hollies, they trimmed them into pleasing shapes. They cleaned up all of the trimmings too--as a matter of fact, they probably took a bit more yard debris than they caused with the trimming.

Description of Work
They cut back two enormously overgrown holly bushes in my yard.

Work Completed On 03/23/2013

Hi (Member name removed), Thank you for the wonderful review. We're so happy that you were pleased with the Holly bushes. We were glad that we didn't have to remove them. The thought of making your dad unhappy really bothered us. Please don't hesitate to call us with any further yard needs. Again, thank you. Happy Easter. Tina & Joe Peddicord

02/21/2013

John G.

The Peddicord father and son team arrived exactly on time to scope out requirements and price the job. This was followed by a proposal sent via e-mail per request. Price was significantly under competitive bids and historic payments for same work in same yard. Exactly on the date and time promised, the owner and his crew showed up and executed the planned cleanup. The owner personally participated in the cleanup with his crew over an 8-hour period. He conducted a pre-mulching survey and performed additional trimming of bushes before mulch was laid down. The 8 gardens are in perfect shape for the spring growth period. Key attributes included commitment of owner to all aspects of the job, timely performance, excellent communication, good knowledge of plants and their care, and very competitive price.

Description of Work
Spring cleanup of 8 gardens with over 1000 perennials, dozens of bushes and multiple trees. Cleanup consisted of trimming back ornamental grasses, and raking down each garden followed by final mulching. An entire truckload of organic matter was ultimately removed.

Work Completed On 02/21/2013