McHale Landscape Design

Founded 1985 • With Angi since December 2008

McHale Landscape Design is a residential design build contractor. Our diverse staff of landscape architects, horticulturists, carpenters and masons provides clients with one true source for superior craftsmanship and design excellence. Award-winning services for over 25 years....

HS Sealcoating Paving Service LLC

At HS Sealcoating Paving Service LLC our belief is that our customers needs are the utmost importance. Our team with 11+ years experience is committed to meeting those needs. We welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and deliver you the best service. No job is to big or to small, please contact us for a free estimate!

Stinebaugh Masonry LLC

***CURRENTLY GIVING ESTIMATES FOR PROJECTS SCHEDULED TO START IN LATE SPRING 2022***Historic custom stone and brick repair, or new designs with old world craftsmanship. Please email Stinebaugh6@verizon.net

All Star Contracting

"All Star Contracting LLC is a local family owned and operated company specializing in asphalt paving, concrete,masonry,sealcoating, line striping, and asphalt repair services for residential and commercial throughout Maryland. Count on us for quality paving, seal coating, and concrete services. We strive to ensure your satisfaction with our work.

05/17/2017

Lisa L.

The quality of the stone work and carpentry were excellent. Very professional.

Description of Work
New front door, portico, stone walkway, retaining wall and complete front yard landscaping.

02/26/2014

Michael B.

Very professional experience. Gave us a quote and followed through to our complete satisfaction and finished on time. We have been using McHale for over sixteen years and we have never had a bad experience.

Description of Work
Update bluestone patio, plant over a dozen trees and update plant beds throughout the property.

11/13/2013

Jill C.

Their customer service is second to none, it is always more than you expect. The quality is exceptional and their staff are friendly and easy to work with and have around. They designed the hardscaping and landscaping for the home we purchased and we love it. They have designed the pool and landscaping for our home that we plan to have installed next year and they are about to install our dog fencing. We LOVE Their work.

Description of Work
Property maintenance since we moved in in August.

Category landscaping,lawn service

08/21/2013

Mary H.

We were satified with the product. I remember them being expensive, but it was worth it.

Description of Work
They built a brick porch on the house and matched the brick to the existing brick. They created a more welcoming entrance.

Category masonry,hardscaping

06/25/2013

Deborah B.

It went exactly as planned: the overall design was great and the installation was also very professional and exactly as contract dictated.

Description of Work
Installed 2 Rain Gardens, created berms, moved existing plantings, moved existing stepper path, installed new tree, shrubs & perennials, installed riverjack bed edgings and overflow pipes. Also corrected existing paver patio for drainage.

05/22/2013

Douglas K.

We paid McHale to do a landscaping design and get initial approval with the county and assist with HOA. Their design was wonderful, but the cost was a premium. Ultimately I went with another landscaper due to cost, but had professional discussions with McHale through the end. A month or so later the fun began... I was informed by the tree company that I had selected to do the tree removal (McHale also does tree work) that there was a stop work order on my home for the tree work. The tree company found out from the county that McHale called in the work as a violation. The stop work order was resolved quickly, it was due to miscommunication between the county and my tree contractor. I was puzzled why McHale would do such a thing after the very professional discussions I had with them. I called the owner and left a message to try to understand why and give him a chance to explain - no return call. At the end of the day I am relieved I did not go with them, because if this is how they treat customers who do not select them, what would stop them from doing me wrong once they had my money. This is shame due to their reputation for quality work, but professionalism is not part of their mantra apparently.

Category landscaping

McHale was contracted to do the design and secure the permits for the customer in full faith that we would be installing. When we were notified that another company was installing the project, we informed the customer that permits would need revision in accordance with the revised design and that the new contractor’s information would need to be changed on the permits. A month later the County contacted us for a status report on the project. We let them know that we were not the point of contact on this project. Since the county had not received any new contact information or permit updates, they checked on project status and notified client of outstanding issues. Our discussion with the County was to remove our name from the permit, as we were not doing the work, it was not done in malice.

08/21/2012

Patrick G.

We have done work in 2 phases with McHale, we did a new sidewalk with them first and then they are now landscaping our yard. They are not cheap, but their quality is top notch. It's true you get what you pay for. In fact, multiple neighbors of ours have used them since we did the sidewalk because they were all so impressed with the work that was done. The landscaping that they are doing looks amazing and they have been very professional the whole way. I would say it can be tough sometimes to get them to come out as they are very busy, but they keep to their schedules, when they had to push back the start date of our work they notified us in advance. I can only say that everything they have done for us has been met with the utmost approval.

Description of Work
We have done work in 2 phases with McHale, we did a new sidewalk with them first and then they are now landscaping our yard. They put in a new stone paver sidewalk for us a few months ago and they now have torn out what was in our yard and have added new bushes, trees, etc.

04/04/2012

Walter K.

I started with this company because i appreciated that they did not require you to pay for an estimate. Initially it went well. The person met with us and we gaev him an idea of what we expected. He siad he would design some plans. 3 months later we finally got them after multiple attempts to contact him and multiple appointment postponements. When we finally got them he told us he just did them a few days before. We then got an estimate. I was slightly dissappointed because it didn't really detail anything out or where he got his numbers from. I had a few questions and asked them over e-mail. That was 4 months ago.....still waiting on those answers.

Description of Work
I planned to use them for landscape design and installation. Unfortunatley, they strung me along for months and I eventually gave up on them.

08/02/2011

Cheryl C.

McHale did the initial design 3 years ago, and then redesigned it this spring when we finally decided what we wanted. We signed the contract in June and they did all the work in July. We needed them to not only design, but coordinate with the local arborist because access to the back yard was difficult and our neighborhood has a lot of rules and regs about the old growth trees. The did a GREAT job from beginning to end. The design was wonderful, the attention to detail was always there, and the execution was clean and as fast as could be expected given the awkward access to our back yard. It was a very difficult job because all the gravel and fill dirt had to be brought to the back without use of any machinery. The guys worked during some of the hottest weather doing some of the hardest work. And every day they cleaned up their job site completely. At the end of the project they even cleaned up my front yard (and they were never IN my front yard!) They were on time and on budget. The project was extremely well managed (we used Carolyn Mullet as both designer and project manager) -- I got responses to every query I made in a professional and timely fashion. I know others have said McHale is expensive -- I disagree. Their quote for the pool removal was much better than most. They did not nickel and dime us for small details at the end of the project. Having managed several renovations myself, I know the value of good oversight of a project. And this renovation was worth every penny!

Description of Work
We needed to remove an old in ground pool and landscape the back yard. McHale did the design of the new landscape, removed the pool, regraded and then landscaped the back yard (including subcontracting the irrigation).

12/14/2010

Jill N.

They are top notch. They are also very professional. I have been satisfied with their work.

Description of Work
They come out to do landscaping work and maintenance weekly.

McHale Landscape Design

Founded 1985 • With Angi since December 2008

911 W St

Annapolis, MD 21401

Landscape architecture, design, installation, gardens. Hardscaping, masonry, carpentry, pools, driveways, decks, patios, screened porches, walkways, fences & walls, outdoor fireplaces. Turf & landscaping maintenance.